I told you single payor was the goal all along...

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

I told you single payor was the goal all along...

Postby Indaswamp » Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:17 pm

You were lied to again, but those that dissected the bill were spot on in the ways in which it would push out insurers....
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-06-15/aetna-pulls-out-california-individual-insurance-market-response-obamacare
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 56117
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana


Re: I told you single payor was the goal all along...

Postby cartervj » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:55 am

Liberals knew this, that's why they liked ObamaCare
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
User avatar
cartervj
hunter
 
Posts: 7188
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:01 pm
Location: NW AL

Re: I told you single payor was the goal all along...

Postby High Sierras » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:32 am

Along with Aetna, United Healthcare and Cigna walked out as well. And if the liberals can't encourage you to leave by mandating what they think your service is worth to them, they'll try and flat-out kick you out of the State.

http://www.latimes.com/business/money/la-fi-mo-jones-anthem-health-insurance-20130613,0,7492932.story

Basically, when Anthem Blue Cross announced they were raising their rates 11% to cover all of the additional costs mandated by obamacare, that number seemed 'excessive' to Dave Jones, the liberal weenie in charge of the exchange. Mr. Jones felt 1% was adequate (Mr. Jones has never actually run an insurance business himself). He's recommending that Anthem be barred from offering insurance in the State.

But hey, it's all right, because we all know health care should be a 'personal right', not a service for hire. How dare those Bastages actually make a living at this.

Slow, any comments on how the democrat's idea of competition (ie, the dems will decide who can and cannot compete) is making health care in the Golden State better? You were going to say how, in this case, less is more...right? :thumbsup:

When all the rest of the insurance companies throw in the towel and walk out behind Aetna, United, and Cigna... who's going to be the competiton then? When is enough, enough?
High Sierras
hunter
 
Posts: 654
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:34 pm
Location: above the snow line most of the year

Re: I told you single payor was the goal all along...

Postby Rat Creek » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:15 pm

The left can never be honest about their plans and ideas because no one would vote for them. Instead, they must demagogue and mislead. Obama railed about expensive healthcare and we have all seen it skyrocket under his leadership. He demagogued the national debt, yet blew it through the roof. Gitmo, Wars, Taxes, et al. But to his credit, he knows exactly how to play to the useful idiots and socialist who eat that crap up. And for that brain trust, he only needs a D after his name and a straw man to blame for all their failings, and they will see him as their religious leader.
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
hunter
 
Posts: 4301
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2004 4:11 pm
Location: Overland Park, KS

Re: I told you single payor was the goal all along...

Postby cartervj » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:31 pm

but it's still Bush's fault, he cracked the door open :huh:

not hard to see the left's demagoguery on here :lol3:
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
User avatar
cartervj
hunter
 
Posts: 7188
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:01 pm
Location: NW AL

Re: I told you single payor was the goal all along...

Postby ScaupHunter » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:39 am

Gentlemen, we all need to play gently with the pot head liberals from California. They smoke some good stuff from what I hear.

You can't expect them to come up from their stupor long enough to reason their way through much of anything. Asking them too take a deep look into their beloved leaders records and the truth is like asking a 5 year old to just look at the cookies.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
User avatar
ScaupHunter
hunter
 
Posts: 6396
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:57 am

Re: I told you single payor was the goal all along...

Postby High Sierras » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:36 am

ScaupHunter wrote:Gentlemen, we all need to play gently with the pot head liberals from California. They smoke some good stuff from what I hear.

You can't expect them to come up from their stupor long enough to reason their way through much of anything. Asking them too take a deep look into their beloved leaders records and the truth is like asking a 5 year old to just look at the cookies.


Please don't lump all of us Californians in that group. If you look at voting by county out here, the state is pretty much all red except for the two writhing throngs of humanity -- the Bay Area and Los Angeles. Unfortunately, there's so many of them packed in there that they overwhelm the will of the rest of the State. Wiki " State of Jefferson" rebellion of 1941. The San Joaquin Valley, the foothills, the Sierras, all solidly conservative. We just can't fight sheer force of numbers with the two cesspools on the coast.
High Sierras
hunter
 
Posts: 654
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:34 pm
Location: above the snow line most of the year

Re: I told you single payor was the goal all along...

Postby cartervj » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:09 pm

According to a new Wall Street Journal analysis, healthy Americans may see their health insurance rates double or triple upon Obamacare’s January 2014 grand opening.

Insurance premiums for sicker Americans will become less expensive as healthier Americans are forced to buy coverage or additional coverage to what they currently have or face government fines and penalties.

The Journal examined figures from eight states to demonstrate the cost increases for healthier Americans.
Virginia is one of the eight states examined by the Journal and offers a fairly typical picture.

In Richmond, a 40-year-old male nonsmoker logging on to the eHealthInsurance comparison-shopping website today would see a plan that costs $63 a month from Anthem, a unit of WellPoint Inc. That plan has a $5,000 deductible and covers half of medical costs.

By comparison, the least-expensive plan on the exchange for a 40-year-old nonsmoker in Richmond, also from Anthem, will likely cost $193 a month, according to filings submitted by carriers.

Conversely, premiums will be next to zero for a 40-year-old Virginian whose income was near the poverty level ($11,490 for a single person) due to a $234 a month government subsidy.
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
User avatar
cartervj
hunter
 
Posts: 7188
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:01 pm
Location: NW AL

Re: I told you single payor was the goal all along...

Postby High Sierras » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:46 pm

So really...if the only means testing to get the federal subsidy is income, we could almost instantaneously kill obamacare by eveyone (who could afford to do so) retiring at the same time, then file for the healthcare subsidy (since we now have no income...). Then everyone go to the doctor for every sniffle and sneeze, grab every perk they're handing out to the newly created 'low income' crowd..., until the mountain of bills spun obamacare into a bottomless sea of red ink.

I wonder if the dems would find a convienient way to quietly drop that money looser, or just keep on printing money to support the pathetic legacy of a total amateur.
High Sierras
hunter
 
Posts: 654
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:34 pm
Location: above the snow line most of the year

Re: I told you single payor was the goal all along...

Postby Indaswamp » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:24 pm

...and now United Health pulls out of CA.
They are falling like dominoes!
http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-unitedhealth-insure-calif-20130702,0,4370321.story
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 56117
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: I told you single payor was the goal all along...

Postby dudejcb » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:06 pm

cartervj wrote:Liberals knew this, that's why they liked ObamaCare
we certainly knew that an awful large part of the money paid to health care wasn't actually providing care and those costs have been rising rapidly for 30 years. We also know that having both for profit health care and gov't administered health care running parallel will not work because the "for profits" will deny coverage to the "losers" (think private corporate death panel here) until it's too late and their costs get pick up by the gov't (us), and only taking the economic winners (the young as much as possible); this sets up a natural loser for the government administered system (us) and they get all the winnings (at our expense if you're still reading). The only way a gov't administered system can be reasonably cost effective (if there is such a thing with human illness and suffering) is if everyone who willever need health care services plays in the same systems where profits are not the prime motivator; pre-economics 101.

These insurance companies are playing a game of chicken and you guys are flinching on queue. FAUX News false outrage and indignation at 6 followed by Glenn Beck and the douche bags.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
User avatar
dudejcb
hunter
 
Posts: 5243
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:29 am
Location: SW Idaho

Re: I told you single payor was the goal all along...

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:16 pm

dudejcb wrote:
cartervj wrote:Liberals knew this, that's why they liked ObamaCare
we certainly knew that an awful large part of the money paid to health care wasn't actually providing care and those costs have been rising rapidly for 30 years. We also know that having both for profit health care and gov't administered health care running parallel will not work because the "for profits" will deny coverage to the "losers" (think private corporate death panel here) until it's too late and their costs get pick up by the gov't (us), and only taking the economic winners (the young as much as possible); this sets up a natural loser for the government administered system (us) and they get all the winnings (at our expense if you're still reading). The only way a gov't administered system can be reasonably cost effective (if there is such a thing with human illness and suffering) is if everyone who willever need health care services plays in the same systems where profits are not the prime motivator; pre-economics 101.

These insurance companies are playing a game of chicken and you guys are flinching on queue. FAUX News false outrage and indignation at 6 followed by Glenn Beck and the douche bags.

Obamacare is not the answer to rising health care costs as it does not address the core problems.
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 56117
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: I told you single payor was the goal all along...

Postby dudejcb » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:14 pm

Indaswamp wrote:Obamacare is not the answer to rising health care costs as it does not address the core problems.
Elucidate.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
User avatar
dudejcb
hunter
 
Posts: 5243
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:29 am
Location: SW Idaho

Re: I told you single payor was the goal all along...

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:33 pm

dudejcb wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:Obamacare is not the answer to rising health care costs as it does not address the core problems.
Elucidate.

http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?singlepost=3142118
http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?singlepost=3177356
http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?singlepost=3139905

that ought to cover it...
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 56117
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: I told you single payor was the goal all along...

Postby dudejcb » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:04 pm

Swamp,
You'll get no argument from me about hospitals and "care givers" being the most profitable non-profits going and that they have a racket. That is but one huge part of the Health care problem(s) in addition to insurance diversions of money, along with other areas where reform is needed (Pharma et al.).
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
User avatar
dudejcb
hunter
 
Posts: 5243
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:29 am
Location: SW Idaho

Re: I told you single payor was the goal all along...

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:32 pm

dudejcb wrote:Swamp,
You'll get no argument from me about hospitals and "care givers" being the most profitable non-profits going and that they have a racket. That is but one huge part of the Health care problem(s) in addition to insurance diversions of money, along with other areas where reform is needed (Pharma et al.).

pharma is a rackett, so is medical device manufacturers. Fact is, Obamacare does not do squat do address the cost issues, only transfers them to gov. and taxpayers.
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 56117
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana


Return to Controversial Issues Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests