Good day to be an American.

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Re: Good day to be an American.

Postby slowshooter » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:53 pm

cartervj wrote:why would they :welcome:

gaze might realize careful what you wish for, you just might get it :lol3:

English as a second language? :lol3:
All this for a bowl of borscht.
slowshooter
hunter

Postby cartervj » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:24 pm

posting how you spelled gays :thumbsup:
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
cartervj
hunter

Postby slowshooter » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:45 pm

cartervj wrote:posting how you spelled gays :thumbsup:

I guess that went right over your head. :lol3:
slowshooter
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:48 pm

beretta24 wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:
cartervj wrote:Yes since they can be in love so much more now :huh: :lol3:

everyone know what happens when you get married :hammer: :lol3:

:lol3: :lol3: Someone said that if they really wanted to stop Gay Marriage they should outlaw Gay Divorce! :lol3:

If only everyone who got married looked at it that way.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2

Always made more sense to me to have marriage a difficult, time consuming effort, but divorce a simple filing of papers. I do understand the deleterious effects of such a system on the revenue gatherers and support systems, however.
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby slowshooter » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:24 pm

Glimmerjim wrote:
beretta24 wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:

:lol3: :lol3: Someone said that if they really wanted to stop Gay Marriage they should outlaw Gay Divorce! :lol3:

Always made more sense to me to have marriage a difficult, time consuming effort, but divorce a simple filing of papers. I do understand the deleterious effects of such a system on the revenue gatherers and support systems, however.

How about making them both easy. Marriage is a declaration, divorce is a letter to the city filed by one of the married. Kids? The biological parents pay for the kids. The division of property? Simple as a coin toss on contested items otherwise everything else is 50/50.

Voila! Done. No cool down period - no long process. All divorces must be finalized within a week of filing.

The idea that it should be hard to divorce undermines the idea of reuniting. So folks don't use divorce claim as a tool to drive their partner's behavior, multiple filings (2) against the same partner means that you lose all claims to property and the partner gets to decide what to do with the kids. And there you have it. Easy and painless.

:smile:
slowshooter
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:41 pm

slowshooter wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:
beretta24 wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:

How about making them both easy. Marriage is a declaration, divorce is a letter to the city filed by one of the married. Kids? The biological parents pay for the kids. The division of property? Simple as a coin toss on contested items otherwise everything else is 50/50.
Unfortunately there are so many ulterior motives at play in the whole marriage concept it makes Machiavelli look like a lab rat in a maze!
Voila! Done. No cool down period - no long process. All divorces must be finalized within a week of filing.

The idea that it should be hard to divorce undermines the idea of reuniting. So folks don't use divorce claim as a tool to drive their partner's behavior, multiple filings (2) against the same partner means that you lose all claims to property and the partner gets to decide what to do with the kids. And there you have it. Easy and painless.

:smile:
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby cartervj » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:07 pm

slowshooter wrote:
cartervj wrote:posting how you spelled gays :thumbsup:

I guess that went right over your head. :lol3:

nope, ignore things like you do :thumbsup: :lol3:
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
cartervj
hunter

Previous

Return to Controversial Issues Forum