Is this racism?

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Re: Is this racism?

Postby Chilidawg » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:22 am

I think you are missing the key issue here.

If, under equal conditions, blacks still get hired less than other groups then that IS racism on the part of the employers
Chilidawg
hunter

Postby assateague » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:51 am

Ah yes, the "lawyer" speaks again.

Any word on that "injury-less" lawsuit yet? :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire

Postby High Sierras » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:38 am

Chilidawg wrote:I think you are missing the key issue here.

If, under equal conditions, blacks still get hired less than other groups then that IS racism on the part of the employers

Not necessarily.

And there are NEVER truely "equal conditions'. The employer is still allowed to pick the person whom they feel is best qualified. If a group of people living in an economically depressed part of town can't find a job, it's not necessarily racisim, it could be that there's no businesses there to hire them. Racisim would be a note on the front of the job application saying "Blacks need not apply".

Is Hooters now all of a sudden 'sexist' because men (of any race) get hired less than women as waiters/waitresses at their restaurants, or are they 'fattist' since they don't seem to hire many 350 lb. plus women waitresses?
High Sierras
hunter

Postby clampdaddy » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:39 am

So essentially, affirmative action working for a different minority group is the problem?
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby AnonymousDuck » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:07 am

Really? So if a black person comes in for a job and they're not qualified for the position, for whatever reason, that employer is a racist? What happened to doing the right thing and working hard to get that job you want? Conversly, if you're not hiring someone who is qualified and who is white, that's racist? Allowing someone entetance into a university who is black and has a lower GPA and did far less when they where in high school, such as being involved in athletics and having a high GPA, but they don't get excepted but a black person who did nothing more than graduate high school gets the scholarships, grants and the acceptance letter. That's not racism? I saw that happen so many times in college, not with just black people, but to anyone who wasn't white. If blacks are not getting hired more, it's more than likly it's because the didn't present themselves professionally and there resume was unprofessional and they lacked the skills nessary for the job.
Nothing Runs Like a Lab...
SD/SHR, DixieBrit's Waterdog "Dream" Come True.
Member: Combat Veterans Waterfowl Association.

XIXΔ

All I got was a rock...!
AnonymousDuck
hunter

Postby Chilidawg » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:46 am

clampdaddy wrote:

So essentially, affirmative action working for a different minority group is the problem?

What part of "equal conditions" don't you understand?
Chilidawg
hunter

Postby Chilidawg » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:49 am

rlvallee wrote:

Really? So if a black person comes in for a job and they're not qualified for the position, for whatever reason, that employer is a racist? What happened to doing the right thing and working hard to get that job you want? Conversly, if you're not hiring someone who is qualified and who is white, that's racist? .

What part of "under equal conditions" don't you understand?
Chilidawg
hunter

Postby slowshooter » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:51 am

Anyone that believes that the cards aren't stacked against black needs to look at drug use which is spread evenly throughout society.
Then compare that to incarceration patterns. Nixon declared war on blacks with the drug war to counter Johnson. And now, that we have a robust prison industry that funds politicians. The police aren't going to care if your kid is white or not. They are criminalizing everything kids do to keep the prison system afloat.

Next time you visit your kid behind bars because he broke a minor law and got mandatory sentencing, thank the Republicans. It's never ceases to amaze me how everything the GOP does ultimately has consequences that end up on their own voter's doorsteps.

Of course, after I'm done being amazed I do this -------------------------> :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
All this for a bowl of borscht.
slowshooter
hunter

Postby Chilidawg » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:54 am

High Sierras wrote:

Not necessarily.

And there are NEVER truely "equal conditions'.

In an individual basis, maybe not, but as a whole looking at groups, they would be equal enough.

If an employer consistently finds one group to be "unqualified" then that would be racism.
Chilidawg
hunter

Postby Chilidawg » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:01 pm

High Sierras wrote:
Is Hooters now all of a sudden 'sexist' because men (of any race) get hired less than women as waiters/waitresses at their restaurants, or are they 'fattist' since they don't seem to hire many 350 lb. plus women waitresses?

Apples and oranges.
Chilidawg
hunter

Postby slowshooter » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:31 pm

I went to hooters once. The food sucked and the waitress was missing half her teeth.

yuck....
All this for a bowl of borscht.
slowshooter
hunter

Postby ohioboy » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:36 pm

Chilidawg wrote:
High Sierras wrote:

Apples and oranges.

apples and bananas. :lol3:
ohioboy
hunter

Postby ohioboy » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:37 pm

Chilidawg wrote:
High Sierras wrote:

Not necessarily.

In an individual basis, maybe not, but as a whole looking at groups, they would be equal enough.

If an employer consistently finds one group to be "unqualified" then that would be racism.

in some areas that is sadly the case though.
ohioboy
hunter

Postby Chilidawg » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:51 pm

ohioboy wrote:
Chilidawg wrote:
High Sierras wrote:

Not necessarily.

In that case, perhaps some special effort is needed to raise the overall qualifications of a particular group. Say something like improving access to educational opportunities or some such thing.

Thank you for making that point.

All things being equal there should be no problems, right?
Chilidawg
hunter

Postby cartervj » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:01 pm

slowshooter wrote:Anyone that believes that the cards aren't stacked against black needs to look at drug use which is spread evenly throughout society.
Then compare that to incarceration patterns. Nixon declared war on blacks with the drug war to counter Johnson. And now, that we have a robust prison industry that funds politicians. The police aren't going to care if your kid is white or not. They are criminalizing everything kids do to keep the prison system afloat.

Next time you visit your kid behind bars because he broke a minor law and got mandatory sentencing, thank the Republicans. It's never ceases to amaze me how everything the GOP does ultimately has consequences that end up on their own voter's doorsteps.

Of course, after I'm done being amazed I do this -------------------------> :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

Like Democrats in Chicago and Detroit :welcome:

Who were the biggest drug dealers in Harlem back in the 70's, they slung heroin to the easiest of victims to get rich. Who glorified crack and the gangsta life?
Who was the 1st slave owner in the US? He won in court to own another man, they were both black.

your truths don't hold water, the left creates victims to stay in control and NOTHING changes that they promise they'll make, just like all the changes Obama was gonna bring :lol3: not :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
cartervj
hunter

Postby ohioboy » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:53 pm

Chilidawg wrote:
ohioboy wrote:
Chilidawg wrote:
High Sierras wrote:

Not necessarily.

In that case, perhaps some special effort is needed to raise the overall qualifications of a particular group. Say something like improving access to educational opportunities or some such thing.

some groups do not embrace the opportunities. as a teacher in school that is 52% black, i see it every day. i teach all the same, but certain groups reach higher on the ladder and are pushed to do so by, so it looks like i am picking on a group. you look at my numbers and you would think i was the biggest racist.
ohioboy
hunter

Postby High Sierras » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:07 pm

ohioboy wrote:
Chilidawg wrote:
ohioboy wrote:
Chilidawg wrote:
High Sierras wrote:

Not necessarily.

some groups do not embrace the opportunities. as a teacher in school that is 52% black, i see it every day. i teach all the same, but certain groups reach higher on the ladder and are pushed to do so by, so it looks like i am picking on a group. you look at my numbers and you would think i was the biggest racist.

Everyone knows Ohio is a lair of Crackerdom! :lol3:
High Sierras
hunter

Postby ohioboy » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:23 pm

High Sierras wrote:
ohioboy wrote:
Chilidawg wrote:
ohioboy wrote:
Chilidawg wrote:
High Sierras wrote:

Not necessarily.

Everyone knows Ohio is a lair of Crackerdom! :lol3:

never got called one until i moved to maryland though. "da white man" is more common.
ohioboy
hunter

Postby vincentpa » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:46 pm

slowshooter wrote:
clampdaddy wrote:
KaceyDucks wrote:Haven't you all realized that some of the most racist people in this country are Black?

I don't remember who it was but a black comedian once said "black women hate interracial marriage worse than the Klan" :lol3:

They do. Because black guys don't want to marry them and seek out white and asian women.

I beg to differ. In my experience, black women love white guys. It's just that white guys don't like da sistas. I however do. I stuck it in them every chance I got. Da sistas are represented well in my bed post notches.
In a free society, it is not the obligation of the citizen to prove to the government that he is a good person. It is the obligation of the government to prove to the rest of the citizenry that the citizen is a bad person, with probable cause.
vincentpa
hunter

Postby clampdaddy » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:26 pm

Chilidawg wrote:
clampdaddy wrote:

What part of "equal conditions" don't you understand?

If under "equal conditions" they did get hired due to affirmative action, then it wasn't an issue. Now they're worried about the Hispanics getting similar treatment over them and its a problem? Welcome to "equality".
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby assateague » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:29 pm

If under equal conditions, blacks get hired more than other groups, that is also racism. If, under equal conditions, one black guy is hired instead of a white guy because he is black, that's racism. I don't get what the mystery is about this. Must be willful.

Maybe we should adhere strictly to the societal percentage model. The next time some organization starts harping about the lack of black people in management positions in the NBA and NFL, the organizations should agree. And make sure 12% of all management positions are filled by blacks. And then reciprocate by making sure that only 12% of the players are black. Watch the howling ensue when all the cuts are made, and new players picked up. :lol3:

I mean, hey- everybody wants "fair". I say go for it.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire

Postby AnonymousDuck » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:00 pm

Chilidawg wrote:
High Sierras wrote:

Not necessarily.

No, it means that group is not qualified. How would you know if its racism unles you happen to know the employers personal beliefs?
Nothing Runs Like a Lab...
SD/SHR, DixieBrit's Waterdog "Dream" Come True.
Member: Combat Veterans Waterfowl Association.

XIXΔ

All I got was a rock...!
AnonymousDuck
hunter

Postby cartervj » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:15 pm

hmmmm :huh:

The immigration bill passed by the Senate Thursday afternoon would give some employers a financial incentive to employ "registered provisional immigrants" (illegal immigrants granted legal status) instead of U.S. citizens.

As the Washington Examiner's Philip Klein recently reported: "Under Obamacare, businesses with over 50 workers that employ American citizens without offering them qualifying health insurance could be subject to fines of up to $3,000 per worker. But because newly legalized immigrants wouldn’t be eligible for subsidies on the Obamacare exchanges until after they become citizens – at least 13 years under the Senate bill – businesses could avoid such fines by hiring the new immigrants instead."

On Tuesday, THE WEEKLY STANDARD asked five U.S. senators about this problem, and none of them knew if it was a problem. "We're trying to solve that right now. I don't know if that's been solved," Senator Max Baucus of Montana (chief author of Obamacare) told THE WEEKLY STANDARD.

"I don't know. I'd have to look at it closely," said Senator Bob Casey of Pennsylvania. "I just haven't read it that closely to know."
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
cartervj
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:31 pm

ohioboy wrote:
clampdaddy wrote:Isn't the fact that there is even a Black American Leadership Alliance a little racist? :huh:

This.

I love you Ohio....
But I hate the new "This" trend.......
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby High Sierras » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:26 pm

slowshooter wrote:I went to hooters once. The food sucked and the waitress was missing half her teeth.

yuck....

That was 'Cooters". They have great fish sticks, but I try to stay out of there. Shanaynay is the one with the missing tooth, she's actually quite nice once you remember to look away when she approaches.

Hooters supposedly has great chicken wings. Never been there.
High Sierras
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Controversial Issues Forum