when does it happen here?

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

when does it happen here?

Postby ohioboy » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:04 pm

Seems that there is a growing distrust of and disgust with the current government here in the ol' U S of A. I am not that old, 33 now, but do teach history. It has been a while since we as a country were this unhappy with our leadership and it sure appears that this is an issue at all levels-from POTUS down to the smallest townships and villages.

Today is 150 years since the last real shot at any domestic rebellion(Gettysburg).

They did it 2 years ago all over North Africa/Middle East (or at least tried to and still are).

Does it ever happen here again? What point is "enough" actually "enough?"

I am pretty happy with my life and really don't want to jeopardize what I have worked so hard to get. I think this sentiment is the common theme that holds us back from open rebellion. The average Syrian does not have a 3 car garage. Most Brazilians are not debating just which restaurant they want to drive to in their $40k truck. And as I fall asleep tonight in my central AC, I am sure there are very few Libyans who are doing the same. Is it just that we are too spoiled to really care?

Does it ever happen here? What would it take?

ohio
ohioboy
hunter

Re: when does it happen here?

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:09 pm

when the "free schit" army's checks bounce, the revolution will start, but it will not be for the reasons you suspect....
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby ohioboy » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:16 pm

Indaswamp wrote:when the "free schit" army's checks bounce, the revolution will start, but it will not be for the reasons you suspect....

well i posted for a reason.

do tell.
ohioboy
hunter

Postby clampdaddy » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:26 pm

You teach history so I'm willing to bet that you already have a pretty good idea. Eventually it will happen again. Every country goes through it from time to time.
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:51 pm

The average American won't want it, start it, or even try to participate in it until pushed so hard they have no choice. When the government runs out of other peoples money it will happen. The leeches will realize they aren't going to get to steal through the government anymore. When there is no more free money they will try and take what they want. Once the people stand up and say no and start dealing with the thieves on a mass scale the government will try and drop the hammer on the citizens. That gentlemen is most likely going to be the trigger. Enough people will simply say no to hold the majority vote and right to remove the existing government. The government will decide it has rights and try and force it's way on everyone. We are presently on a lovely path towards the government goal through our liberal friends who presently hold power.

The real questions is will the average citizen have become disenfranchised, and separated enough from their fellow citizen, and from their patriotism to allow the government to take over. Or will the band together shut down and replace the government while firmly putting the leeches into their place for causing the fight.

The process we are in at present is unsustainable. Only an idiot thinks otherwise. Even a three year old can reason that when the cookie jar is empty you are out of cookies.
Last edited by ScaupHunter on Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:57 pm

ScaupHunter wrote:The average American won't want it, start it, or even try to participate in it until pushed so hard they have no choice. When the government runs out of other peoples money it will happen. The leeches will realize they aren't going to get to steal through the government anymore. When there is no more free money they will try and take what they want. Once the people stand up and say no and start dealing with the thieves on a mass scale the government will try and drop the hammer on the citizens and that gentlemen is most likely going to be the trigger. Enough people will simply say no to hold the majority vote and right to remove the existing government. The government will decide it has rights and try and force it's way on everyone.

The real questions is will the average citizen have become disenfranchised, and separated enough from their fellow citizen, and from their patriotism to allow the government to take over. Or will the band together shut down and replace the government while firmly putting the leeches into their place for causing the fight.

The process we are in at present is unsustainable. Only an idiot thinks otherwise. Even a three year old can reason that when the cookie jar is empty you are out of cookies.

***See Greece****

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby slowshooter » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:06 am

But wait!

I thoughT that supply side economics and the trickle down theory was supposed to make us all really comfortable and stable.

ARE YOU TELLING ME THAT RONALD REAGAN WAS WRONG AND THAT ALL THE MONEY IN THE MIDDLE CLASS HAS BEEN TRANSFERRED TO THE 1%??????

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
All this for a bowl of borscht.
slowshooter
hunter

Postby assateague » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:23 am

The misconception is that an overwhelming majority of the population need to "do something". That's simply not the case, and I don't think it ever has been. During the American Revolution, it's estimated that no more than 5% of the population played any sort of role, including actual fighting, with some estimates as low as 2%. For the most part, even then, people just wanted to be left alone. Voluntary enlistment quotas were never met, and the government basically had to bribe people with offers of land and money. The Revolutionary War was instigated, managed, fought, and won by a very, very small percentage of the population. I wouldn't expect it to be any different today.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire

Postby Chilidawg » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:39 am

ohioboy wrote:Seems that there is a growing distrust of and disgust with the current government here in the ol' U S of A. I am not that old, 33 now, but do teach history. It has been a while since we as a country were this unhappy with our leadership.

For someone who teaches history and lives in Ohio, your definition of "a while" seems a bit short.

"Tin soldiers and Nixon coming. . ."
Chilidawg
hunter

Postby Chilidawg » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:43 am

ohioboy wrote:
Today is 150 years since the last real shot at any domestic rebellion(Gettysburg).

Do you seriously think that this country would have been better off if Lee had won at Gettysburg?

Seriously?
Chilidawg
hunter

Postby Chilidawg » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:55 am

ohioboy wrote:Seems that there is a growing distrust of and disgust with the current government . . . it sure appears that this is an issue at all levels-from POTUS down to the smallest townships and villages.

Getting involved in your local city or township political process is the easiest thing in the world to do.
I know who my local city trustee is. I talk to him on a regular basis.

There are currmently a number of openings in several village boards. I am seriously considering applying for one if them.

What are you doing on a local basis?
Chilidawg
hunter

Postby ohioboy » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:24 am

Chilidawg wrote:
ohioboy wrote:Seems that there is a growing distrust of and disgust with the current government here in the ol' U S of A. I am not that old, 33 now, but do teach history. It has been a while since we as a country were this unhappy with our leadership.

For someone who teaches history and lives in Ohio, your definition of "a while" seems a bit short.

"Tin soldiers and Nixon coming. . ."

that is a while. our country is not that old.

and that event led to the squashing of a lot of protests. people were tired of the protests. that is proving the opposite of what i am asking. maybe we are just that lazy as a country. "NIMBY" also applies i think.
ohioboy
hunter

Postby ohioboy » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:30 am

Chilidawg wrote:
ohioboy wrote:

Do you seriously think that this country would have been better off if Lee had won at Gettysburg?

Seriously?

no. saying it was the last actual rebellion we had that had any possibility of success.
ohioboy
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:33 am

slowshooter wrote:I thoughT that supply side economics and the trickle down theory was supposed to make us all really comfortable and stable.

ARE YOU TELLING ME THAT RONALD REAGAN WAS WRONG AND THAT ALL THE MONEY IN THE MIDDLE CLASS HAS BEEN TRANSFERRED TO THE 1%??????

Where is Reagan's economic theory practiced? If we cut the government by half and abolished all welfare, we would see Detroit return to a prosperous city in 20 years, illegitimacy and illiteracy would drop substantially, illegal immigration would cease to be an issue since they would not be taking from Americans, we would see a vast change and expansion of prosperity.

Government taking less of your money and ceasing to give it to those less fortunate than you are slow is not going to harm the less fortunate than you.

Why has Obamanomics failed to live up to the promises? Because it was 180 from what Reagan would have done :thumbsup:

It's Detroit-lite on a national scale. And the results are as expected with poor economic performance. Thank God that he got stopped after only 2 years.

ohioboy wrote:Does it ever happen here again? What point is "enough" actually "enough?"
Yes, but it will go the wrong direction. When Detroit decides they have had enough, do they demand more freedom or do they demand the heads of the 1%'ers on a spike? :huh:
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby ohioboy » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:37 am

Chilidawg wrote:
ohioboy wrote:Seems that there is a growing distrust of and disgust with the current government . . . it sure appears that this is an issue at all levels-from POTUS down to the smallest townships and villages.

Getting involved in your local city or township political process is the easiest thing in the world to do.

There are currmently a number of openings in several village boards. I am seriously considering applying for one if them.

educating (or not according to some on here) the future voting populous. helped a school board member get elected. i write, call, email.

i am not starting any revolutions.
ohioboy
hunter

Postby boney fingers » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:21 pm

While many fanaticize about rebellion, the facts are the majority of the population young enough to participate are the problem and what would be the point of rebellion if the masses keep voting for the "free lunch". I fear my children and future grandchildren will not have near the freedoms that Ive enjoyed. God will turn his back on a nation that turns their back on him.
boney fingers
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:32 am

ohioboy wrote:
Chilidawg wrote:

educating (or not according to some on here) the future voting populous. helped a school board member get elected. i write, call, email.

i am not starting any revolutions.

Government is NOT the answer. It is simply NOT the answer. We need to change the paradigm completely. Getting the "right" school board doesn't change the paradigm. The system is clearly seriously flawed because it only works well when you have good parents and with good parents, they would do just fine educating their children like they did before public school existed in its modern form.

The community organizers will never allow the paradigm to change. It is a major source of their power. They need the power base of poverty that comes from poor education and bad life decisions.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby slowshooter » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:51 am

SpinnerMan wrote:
slowshooter wrote:I thoughT that supply side economics and the trickle down theory was supposed to make us all really comfortable and stable.

Where is Reagan's economic theory practiced? If we cut the government by half and abolished all welfare, we would see Detroit return to a prosperous city in 20 years, illegitimacy and illiteracy would drop substantially, illegal immigration would cease to be an issue since they would not be taking from Americans, we would see a vast change and expansion of prosperity.

No no, Spinner, like this: If we cut the government by 7/8ths it would cure male pattern baldness and margerine would be outlawed nationwide! We could return to the breakfast table with hair and a tasty spread.

Government taking less of your money and ceasing to give it to those less fortunate than you are slow is not going to harm the less fortunate than you.

No government is taking less of the corporate money over all. The chart posted in the other thread shows the trend.

Why has Obamanomics failed to live up to the promises? Because it was 180 from what Reagan would have done :thumbsup:

The only reason you have a job is because you get paid by word count.

It's Detroit-lite on a national scale. And the results are as expected with poor economic performance. Thank God that he got stopped after only 2 years.

LOL! You aren't old enough to remember Reagan in CA or the Reagan revolution. He's like some kindly old saint to you and all he did was convince the Middle class that getting raped would make them feel better.

ohioboy wrote:Does it ever happen here again? What point is "enough" actually "enough?"
Yes, but it will go the wrong direction. When Detroit decides they have had enough, do they demand more freedom or do they demand the heads of the 1%'ers on a spike? :huh:

They can demand both. They will get neither from Congress.
All this for a bowl of borscht.
slowshooter
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:25 pm

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:22 am

I'll just put this here....

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Return to Controversial Issues Forum