How about some taxes on corporate?

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

How about some taxes on corporate?

Postby slowshooter » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:08 am

http://thecontributor.com/economy/popular-movement-higher-taxes-now-would-be-story

You're a chump. And like the chump you are, you aren't going to acknowledge it at all. :lol3:

Seriously though. Did you know that all the help that we all give corporations isn't coming back into the economy in terms of benefits? Here's why.
All this for a bowl of borscht.
User avatar
slowshooter
hunter
 
Posts: 9011
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:44 pm
Location: San Jose, CA


Re: How about some taxes on corporate?

Postby clampdaddy » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:00 am

So the citizens of countries with the biggest governments have a smaller piece of the pie.......imagine that. :lol3:
User avatar
clampdaddy
hunter
 
Posts: 3634
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 9:23 pm
Location: Where spoonies go to die

Re: How about some taxes on corporate?

Postby slowshooter » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:19 am

clampdaddy wrote:So the citizens of countries with the biggest governments have a smaller piece of the pie.......imagine that. :lol3:


No, the countries that don't have corporate taxes have citizens footing the bill for everything. Oddly I'm feeling under the weather. So not feeling particulary jokey. Sorry man. No smileys from me.

There are no bigger welfare recipients than corporations. And worse yet. The government would let entire cities die before they interrupted the money flow to companies.

How many empty store fronts in Banos? Know why? Because the middle class doesn't have any money to spend to keep those stores open...

This is what cracks me up. Your taxes get lowered and you think you get a benefit.

Then when the corporations taxes get lowered, comparatively it appears that what we get back doesn't even count as rounding error to what the corporations keep out of the economy.

You, me and every other no-longer-middle-class-schlub will continue to lose buying power as we have over the last 10 years. And we'll continue to turn the reins of our own government to the corporatists as we have in the last 30.

Me, I love capitalism. But right now. That's not the system in which we live. This is the biggest heist of wealth in the history of man. And most of the guys here can only complain about Clinton and birth certificates as their children's futures get put into BMWs, property and foreign accounts that the IRS doesn't even know exists.

Nothing makes me grumpier than feeling like crap. (insert smiley of choice).
All this for a bowl of borscht.
User avatar
slowshooter
hunter
 
Posts: 9011
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:44 pm
Location: San Jose, CA

Re: How about some taxes on corporate?

Postby cartervj » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:29 am

slowshooter wrote:
clampdaddy wrote:So the citizens of countries with the biggest governments have a smaller piece of the pie.......imagine that. :lol3:


No, the countries that don't have corporate taxes have citizens footing the bill for everything. Oddly I'm feeling under the weather. So not feeling particulary jokey. Sorry man. No smileys from me.

There are no bigger welfare recipients than corporations. And worse yet. The government would let entire cities die before they interrupted the money flow to companies.

How many empty store fronts in Banos? Know why? Because the middle class doesn't have any money to spend to keep those stores open...

This is what cracks me up. Your taxes get lowered and you think you get a benefit.

Then when the corporations taxes get lowered, comparatively it appears that what we get back doesn't even count as rounding error to what the corporations keep out of the economy.

You, me and every other no-longer-middle-class-schlub will continue to lose buying power as we have over the last 10 years. And we'll continue to turn the reins of our own government to the corporatists as we have in the last 30.

Me, I love capitalism. But right now. That's not the system in which we live. This is the biggest heist of wealth in the history of man. And most of the guys here can only complain about Clinton and birth certificates as their children's futures get put into BMWs, property and foreign accounts that the IRS doesn't even know exists.

Nothing makes me grumpier than feeling like crap. (insert smiley of choice).




Let's start with GE and GM then, you know Obama minions :welcome:
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
User avatar
cartervj
hunter
 
Posts: 7329
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:01 pm
Location: NW AL

Re: How about some taxes on corporate?

Postby clampdaddy » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:32 am

slowshooter wrote:
clampdaddy wrote:So the citizens of countries with the biggest governments have a smaller piece of the pie.......imagine that. :lol3:


No, the countries that don't have corporate taxes have citizens footing the bill for everything. Oddly I'm feeling under the weather. So not feeling particulary jokey. Sorry man. No smileys from me.

There are no bigger welfare recipients than corporations. And worse yet. The government would let entire cities die before they interrupted the money flow to companies.

How many empty store fronts in Banos? Know why? Because the middle class doesn't have any money to spend to keep those stores open...

Empty stores in the LB, well we do live in one of the most business unfriendly states in the union, and we are in the middle of a recession. Business (and many citizens) are bailing on California. It sucks but it is what it is. You know, we also loose buying power every time our government fires up the printing presses and runs off a few billion in greenbacks.
User avatar
clampdaddy
hunter
 
Posts: 3634
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 9:23 pm
Location: Where spoonies go to die

Re: How about some taxes on corporate?

Postby dudejcb » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:17 am

clampdaddy wrote:So the citizens of countries with the biggest governments have a smaller piece of the pie.......imagine that. :lol3:

Ready ... FIRE! ... Aim
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
User avatar
dudejcb
hunter
 
Posts: 5250
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:29 am
Location: SW Idaho

Re: How about some taxes on corporate?

Postby ScaupHunter » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:27 am

Lets throw CAFTA and NAFTA into this conversation as well. The corporatocracy has it pretty good in America right now. Something or other to do with our citizens being idiots and our politicians being corporate whores.
Last edited by ScaupHunter on Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
User avatar
ScaupHunter
hunter
 
Posts: 6632
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:57 am

Re: How about some taxes on corporate?

Postby wanapasaki » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:42 am

dudejcb wrote:
clampdaddy wrote:So the citizens of countries with the biggest governments have a smaller piece of the pie.......imagine that. :lol3:

Ready ... FIRE! ... Aim


LOL :lol3:
Give a man a duck... Feed him for a day... Teach him to fowl hunt... Feed him for a lifetime...Teach him in your spot... Learn to hunt a different spot....
User avatar
wanapasaki
hunter
 
Posts: 2472
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Tehachapi, CA

Re: How about some taxes on corporate?

Postby dudejcb » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:47 am

ScaupHunter wrote:Lets thow CAFTA and NAFTA into this conversation as well. The corporatocracy has it pretty good in America right now. Something or other to do with our citizens being idiots and our politicians being corporate whores.
do not disagree. That is, I agree.


Commence heart attack.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
User avatar
dudejcb
hunter
 
Posts: 5250
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:29 am
Location: SW Idaho

Re: How about some taxes on corporate?

Postby slowshooter » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:56 am

cartervj wrote:Let's start with GE and GM then, you know Obama minions :welcome:


In the face of all the things that are wrong, you still can't get off your partisan square wheeled wagon. As I mentioned to Jim on another thread the conversation patterns here are pretty consistent.
All this for a bowl of borscht.
User avatar
slowshooter
hunter
 
Posts: 9011
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:44 pm
Location: San Jose, CA

Re: How about some taxes on corporate?

Postby slowshooter » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:15 pm

clampdaddy wrote:
slowshooter wrote:
clampdaddy wrote:So the citizens of countries with the biggest governments have a smaller piece of the pie.......imagine that. :lol3:


No, the countries that don't have corporate taxes have citizens footing the bill for everything. Oddly I'm feeling under the weather. So not feeling particulary jokey. Sorry man. No smileys from me.

There are no bigger welfare recipients than corporations. And worse yet. The government would let entire cities die before they interrupted the money flow to companies.

How many empty store fronts in Banos? Know why? Because the middle class doesn't have any money to spend to keep those stores open...

Empty stores in the LB, well we do live in one of the most business unfriendly states in the union, and we are in the middle of a recession. Business (and many citizens) are bailing on California. It sucks but it is what it is. You know, we also loose buying power every time our government fires up the printing presses and runs off a few billion in greenbacks.


Don't minimize the damage done to the middle class nationwide as a problem that is based in California. We live in one of the most successful states in the Union. That's a stone cold fact. If things are sucking here because there is no money in the middle class then folks shouldn't be the least confused that the suffering elsewhere is at least as bad.

Consider the top welfare states:
Mississippi
Alaska
Louisiana
West Virginia
North Dakota
Alabama
South Dakota
Kentucky
Virginia
Montana
Arkansas
Oklahoma

Are they business unfriendly? For the most part no. Those local governments would love to see folks start companies there. But there it is in black and white. Those states are the biggest welfare states in the Union (not going to comment on the fact that they are conservative states).

As to the recession? Wall street lead the way. And the leadership of the US government now works for them, not you or me.

We have two parties, both have staked out positions that are opposite to each other on social issues to make people feel like they are arguing about something they can invest in. Back up 500 feet and you realize that the more citizens focus is on lurid legislation to drive social issues - the less attention is paid to the corporatists that are driving financial policy to enrich themselves at the expense of the middle class.

It's pretty simple. If money is transferred out of the middle class and goes elsewhere. Then the economy shudders then stops. Because the middle class is the engine the keep things rolling. The good cop, bad cop the parties play is just a way to keep the population busy while the pillaging continues.
All this for a bowl of borscht.
User avatar
slowshooter
hunter
 
Posts: 9011
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:44 pm
Location: San Jose, CA

Re: How about some taxes on corporate?

Postby boney fingers » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:18 pm

The way corporations screw the tax payer is by using the tax code. Corporations should pay no tax.
boney fingers
hunter
 
Posts: 845
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:30 pm

Re: How about some taxes on corporate?

Postby dudejcb » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:28 pm

boney fingers wrote:The way corporations screw the tax payer is by using the tax code that their lobbyists crafted. Corporations should pay no tax.
FIFY. Are corporations better than people? You like paper a lot, huh.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
User avatar
dudejcb
hunter
 
Posts: 5250
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:29 am
Location: SW Idaho

Re: How about some taxes on corporate?

Postby clampdaddy » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:12 pm

slowshooter wrote:
clampdaddy wrote:
slowshooter wrote:
clampdaddy wrote:So the citizens of countries with the biggest governments have a smaller piece of the pie.......imagine that. :lol3:


No, the countries that don't have corporate taxes have citizens footing the bill for everything. Oddly I'm feeling under the weather. So not feeling particulary jokey. Sorry man. No smileys from me.

There are no bigger welfare recipients than corporations. And worse yet. The government would let entire cities die before they interrupted the money flow to companies.

How many empty store fronts in Banos? Know why? Because the middle class doesn't have any money to spend to keep those stores open...

Empty stores in the LB, well we do live in one of the most business unfriendly states in the union, and we are in the middle of a recession. Business (and many citizens) are bailing on California. It sucks but it is what it is. You know, we also loose buying power every time our government fires up the printing presses and runs off a few billion in greenbacks.


Don't minimize the damage done to the middle class nationwide as a problem that is based in California. We live in one of the most successful states in the Union. That's a stone cold fact. If things are sucking here because there is no money in the middle class then folks shouldn't be the least confused that the suffering elsewhere is at least as bad.

Consider the top welfare states:
Mississippi
Alaska
Louisiana
West Virginia
North Dakota
Alabama
South Dakota
Kentucky
Virginia
Montana
Arkansas
Oklahoma

Are they business unfriendly? For the most part no. Those local governments would love to see folks start companies there. But there it is in black and white. Those states are the biggest welfare states in the Union (not going to comment on the fact that they are conservative states).

As to the recession? Wall street lead the way. And the leadership of the US government now works for them, not you or me.

We have two parties, both have staked out positions that are opposite to each other on social issues to make people feel like they are arguing about something they can invest in. Back up 500 feet and you realize that the more citizens focus is on lurid legislation to drive social issues - the less attention is paid to the corporatists that are driving financial policy to enrich themselves at the expense of the middle class.

It's pretty simple. If money is transferred out of the middle class and goes elsewhere. Then the economy shudders then stops. Because the middle class is the engine the keep things rolling. The good cop, bad cop the parties play is just a way to keep the population busy while the pillaging continues.
. We are stuck in a bad spot. American labor costs more than labor in other countries. What do we do? Tax corporations to the point that it is beneficial for them to leave and then try to recoup the money with tariffs? What do the workers of those corporations do with themselves? We Americans have grown accustomed to living a certain way and the thought of not being to obtain that lofty goal with a 40 hour a week job is hard to swallow. None of those states in your list have the "benefit" of a low paid minority work force that we have. Plus we have some of the best farmland in the world excellent climate, and irrigation and water storage systems that were put in years before there were any bunny huggers to object the damming of various valleys. That and we have a lot (but ever ever dwindling number) of those welfare sucking corporations that you won't find in places like alaska and west virginia.
User avatar
clampdaddy
hunter
 
Posts: 3634
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 9:23 pm
Location: Where spoonies go to die

Re: How about some taxes on corporate?

Postby assateague » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:42 pm

slowshooter wrote:
clampdaddy wrote:
slowshooter wrote:
clampdaddy wrote:So the citizens of countries with the biggest governments have a smaller piece of the pie.......imagine that. :lol3:


No, the countries that don't have corporate taxes have citizens footing the bill for everything. Oddly I'm feeling under the weather. So not feeling particulary jokey. Sorry man. No smileys from me.

There are no bigger welfare recipients than corporations. And worse yet. The government would let entire cities die before they interrupted the money flow to companies.

How many empty store fronts in Banos? Know why? Because the middle class doesn't have any money to spend to keep those stores open...

Empty stores in the LB, well we do live in one of the most business unfriendly states in the union, and we are in the middle of a recession. Business (and many citizens) are bailing on California. It sucks but it is what it is. You know, we also loose buying power every time our government fires up the printing presses and runs off a few billion in greenbacks.


Don't minimize the damage done to the middle class nationwide as a problem that is based in California. We live in one of the most successful states in the Union. That's a stone cold fact. If things are sucking here because there is no money in the middle class then folks shouldn't be the least confused that the suffering elsewhere is at least as bad.

Consider the top welfare states:
Mississippi
Alaska
Louisiana
West Virginia
North Dakota
Alabama
South Dakota
Kentucky
Virginia
Montana
Arkansas
Oklahoma

Are they business unfriendly? For the most part no. Those local governments would love to see folks start companies there. But there it is in black and white. Those states are the biggest welfare states in the Union (not going to comment on the fact that they are conservative states).

As to the recession? Wall street lead the way. And the leadership of the US government now works for them, not you or me.

We have two parties, both have staked out positions that are opposite to each other on social issues to make people feel like they are arguing about something they can invest in. Back up 500 feet and you realize that the more citizens focus is on lurid legislation to drive social issues - the less attention is paid to the corporatists that are driving financial policy to enrich themselves at the expense of the middle class.

It's pretty simple. If money is transferred out of the middle class and goes elsewhere. Then the economy shudders then stops. Because the middle class is the engine the keep things rolling. The good cop, bad cop the parties play is just a way to keep the population busy while the pillaging continues.




Where's you get your "facts" from? According to the Huffington Post, the list looks more like this:

1. Washington, D.C.
2. Vermont
3. Alaska
4. New York
5. Massachusetts
6. Louisiana
7. Tennessee
8. Maine
9. New Mexico
10. Mississippi

Unlike you, I will include a link, so it doesn't appear as if I am just making this up, as is the case for your "facts".
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/03/10/the-federal-aid-jackpot-s_n_492411.html#s73091&title=10_Mississippi
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
User avatar
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire
 
Posts: 21277
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:25 pm
Location: Eastern Shore, People's Republic of Maryland

Re: How about some taxes on corporate?

Postby slowshooter » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:01 pm

We are stuck in a bad spot. American labor costs more than labor in other countries.


That's not true. If you compare us to someplace like China or Mexico maybe. In fact the idea that labor here "costs too much" is exactly an idea that is promulgated by the business lobby, businesses and bought & paid for politicians. They believe you must not know your own value - or you'll ask for appropriate compensation.

Read this release. This is part of your own government trying to warn you that another part of the government is allowing you to be raped.

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/ichcc.pdf

What do we do? Tax corporations to the point that it is beneficial for them to leave and then try to recoup the money with tariffs?


If you are talking about multinational corporations? They have already left. Go to any store and compare how many labels you see that say made in indonesia/japan/china/singapore vs. Made in America. Corporations need to pay their way or they need to cease to exist. We run a welfare state for guys that drive BMW and Ferraris.

What do the workers of those corporations do with themselves?


If a company closes it's doors to move elsewhere do what everyone else does. Don't buy the outsourced products. Get a new job. Create a company that competes against the corporation that left. Take the advantage of the fact that there already exists a distribution system in place for a similar product and that system is ready to be used. Besides, you aren't owed a job - and accordingly you don't owe any company your fealty. They already have shown you that they don't need you..

We Americans have grown accustomed to living a certain way and the thought of not being to obtain that lofty goal with a 40 hour a week job is hard to swallow.


No. Americans have grown accustomed to being told something then believing it. We are constantly told we get paid too much, that our standard of living is too high to support. That if we give the rich all our money that when the tide comes in, that it will lift all our boats, when the only thing it lifts are the rich's yachts. We're told they will take care of us and they take care of only themselves.

How about fear? Are you scared of Islam like Inda? Well, let's spend another EIGHT TRILLION dollars to fight and fund the war on terror. More people die by falls in their own homes than are killed by terror. Where did the money go? Take a wild guess. It sure didn't go to the middle class. We're told we'll be safe and now we're not safe from our own government.

And I have to point out that for many it's 80+ hours a week - not 40. Since in many families, to keep up with shrinking wages and buying power, many homes now must have two working adults to make ends meet.


None of those states in your list have the "benefit" of a low paid minority work force that we have.


That's not true. If you used to be middle class then you ARE the low paid worker - and it doesn't matter of you are a minority or not. You got boned out of 10 years of buying power just in the past 10 years ALONE. Here's the real deal and why you feel like you have done okay. The things you buy now that used to signify wealth, big TVs and the like, are inexpensive these days - as are most consumer goods. But have you noticed that the things that you really need are things that have really gone up in price?

Health care, food, fuel, insurance, bank fees and usage fees. None of that stuff has gone down in the aggregate. So while you are slowly but surely losing your place in line, the cost of the things to keep you comfortable on your way down, get less and less expensive.

If you believe that your okay today then - you're suffering from Stockholm Syndrome.

Lastly, those states are parasites. They aren't good for the country as they don't pull their own weight and undermine economies outside of their own by promising cheap labor and low regulations. The only thing I hear when someone from those states claims that government spending is too high is the whining of someone that doesn't want to admit they are moochers. If the southern states want to secede I wouldn't complain, they are still fighting the civil war and the idea that blacks are their equals. It's not conservatism vs liberalism there. It's still black vs. whites and the only thing that makes it palatable is that for a generation the GOP has tried to move the conversation into politics not race. But even here on this forum the antipathy "conservatives" feel towards blacks is palatable.

So let call it as it is. The Southern states are racist, self abusing moochers hellbent on destroying themselves in hopes it will destroy the North first.

Plus we have some of the best farmland in the world excellent climate, and irrigation and water storage systems that were put in years before there were any bunny huggers to object the damming of various valleys. That and we have a lot (but ever ever dwindling number) of those welfare sucking corporations that you won't find in places like alaska and west virginia.


Are you mad about the Friant Dam?
All this for a bowl of borscht.
User avatar
slowshooter
hunter
 
Posts: 9011
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:44 pm
Location: San Jose, CA

Re: How about some taxes on corporate?

Postby slowshooter » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:08 pm

assateague wrote:
slowshooter wrote:
clampdaddy wrote:
slowshooter wrote:
clampdaddy wrote:So the citizens of countries with the biggest governments have a smaller piece of the pie.......imagine that. :lol3:


No, the countries that don't have corporate taxes have citizens footing the bill for everything. Oddly I'm feeling under the weather. So not feeling particulary jokey. Sorry man. No smileys from me.

There are no bigger welfare recipients than corporations. And worse yet. The government would let entire cities die before they interrupted the money flow to companies.

How many empty store fronts in Banos? Know why? Because the middle class doesn't have any money to spend to keep those stores open...

Empty stores in the LB, well we do live in one of the most business unfriendly states in the union, and we are in the middle of a recession. Business (and many citizens) are bailing on California. It sucks but it is what it is. You know, we also loose buying power every time our government fires up the printing presses and runs off a few billion in greenbacks.


Don't minimize the damage done to the middle class nationwide as a problem that is based in California. We live in one of the most successful states in the Union. That's a stone cold fact. If things are sucking here because there is no money in the middle class then folks shouldn't be the least confused that the suffering elsewhere is at least as bad.

Consider the top welfare states:
Mississippi
Alaska
Louisiana
West Virginia
North Dakota
Alabama
South Dakota
Kentucky
Virginia
Montana
Arkansas
Oklahoma

Are they business unfriendly? For the most part no. Those local governments would love to see folks start companies there. But there it is in black and white. Those states are the biggest welfare states in the Union (not going to comment on the fact that they are conservative states).

As to the recession? Wall street lead the way. And the leadership of the US government now works for them, not you or me.

We have two parties, both have staked out positions that are opposite to each other on social issues to make people feel like they are arguing about something they can invest in. Back up 500 feet and you realize that the more citizens focus is on lurid legislation to drive social issues - the less attention is paid to the corporatists that are driving financial policy to enrich themselves at the expense of the middle class.

It's pretty simple. If money is transferred out of the middle class and goes elsewhere. Then the economy shudders then stops. Because the middle class is the engine the keep things rolling. The good cop, bad cop the parties play is just a way to keep the population busy while the pillaging continues.




Where's you get your "facts" from? According to the Huffington Post, the list looks more like this:

1. Washington, D.C.
2. Vermont
3. Alaska
4. New York
5. Massachusetts
6. Louisiana
7. Tennessee
8. Maine
9. New Mexico
10. Mississippi

Unlike you, I will include a link, so it doesn't appear as if I am just making this up, as is the case for your "facts".
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/03/10/the-federal-aid-jackpot-s_n_492411.html#s73091&title=10_Mississippi


I don't read huffpo regularly. The idea that she and brietbart wanted to own both sides of a premanufactured conversation sickens me.

I suppose I could go dig up my link but I'm too lazy. If you want you can go do it.
All this for a bowl of borscht.
User avatar
slowshooter
hunter
 
Posts: 9011
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:44 pm
Location: San Jose, CA

Re: How about some taxes on corporate?

Postby High Sierras » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:11 pm

Two things pop up in my mind here.

First, Corporations don't pay taxes. Even if they were to 'pay' taxes, they still woudn't pay taxes. They pass them along as one of the costs of doing business. The consumer pays the tax for them in higher unit prices. Perhaps we should make corporations pay taxes... then the 47% who currently don't pay taxes would have to start... every time they bought a gallon of milk, a carton of smokes, or a new gold necklace. I'm starting to like the idea of corporate taxes -- now the deadbeat occutards and welfare crowd will have to start paying their 'fair share'. :lol3:



The other issue with corporate income taxes... it only penalizes corporations that actually make an income in the US. Meaning yet more corporations will flee offshore for a more favorable tax climate... Not like we need any manufacturing jobs here at home, huh? What was that about unintended consequences? :no: :no: :no:
High Sierras
hunter
 
Posts: 675
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:34 pm
Location: above the snow line most of the year

Re: How about some taxes on corporate?

Postby boney fingers » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:42 pm

dudejcb wrote:
boney fingers wrote:The way corporations screw the tax payer is by using the tax code that their lobbyists crafted. Corporations should pay no tax.
FIFY. Are corporations better than people? You like paper a lot, huh.


I agree that lobbyist craft tax codes; that's why you need to take that tool away from them. If taxes on corporations were minimal, the lobbyist would have less reason to be in Washington. Im not a fan of lobbyist but I believe they have a right to express their opinions; but if you would like to get rid of them, lets start with the green energy lobby.
boney fingers
hunter
 
Posts: 845
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:30 pm

Re: How about some taxes on corporate?

Postby assateague » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:02 pm

slowshooter wrote: Corporations need to pay their way or they need to cease to exist. We run a welfare state for guys that drive BMW and Ferraris.



Why does this same attitude not translate into private individuals? Here, try this one on for size:

"Individuals need to pay their way or they need to cease to exist. We run a welfare state for guys that drive Escalades and other newer cars than those who work."
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
User avatar
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire
 
Posts: 21277
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:25 pm
Location: Eastern Shore, People's Republic of Maryland

Re: How about some taxes on corporate?

Postby Butta boom » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:25 pm

It looks like the study cited, tracked federal spending on a per capita basis. The assumption being made that federal spending amounts to welfare. The states that are listed as receiving the most "welfare" are indeed getting a bigger piece of the pie. But that pie is not all welfare. Take a look at the federal spending on disasters, floods, tornados, forest fires , etc. those states are generally the less populated of the states. The levee re-building that has occurred in the Mississippi river valley has been extremely expensive, amortized over a small population. I don't call that welfare. I think that is one of governments core functions, protecting citizens and resources from damage from flooding.

Is unemployment welfare? Maybe, but those numbers are not tracked accurately because the money advanced from the fed to the states, and California is one of the biggest recipients, is considered a "loan" and is not considered "spending".

All corporations are not alike. There are many types of corps. The non- profits, the ones the left hates, of course pay no taxes. Since the IRS has denied the formation of any of these, by conservatives, the left is getting the lion share of that benefit. Then there are the type S corps. They are the most numerous, and generally smaller family businesses are using that tax structure. They are allowed not to pay fed taxes on there profits, but the shareholders pay the full rate on all profits at the personal level, generally a higher rate.

If you want to pay more taxes, slow, please do. Your love of big government is apparent to all that can read. But singling out corps as a single class of businesses exposes your lack of understanding of corps. And calling all government spending welfare is also misleading.

Do you actually hunt ducks? Do you eat them? Are you a big government shill sent here to infiltrate the ranks of second amendment devotees that are self reliant and don't need government?

Inquiring minds want to know.
Butta boom
hunter
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:43 pm

Re: How about some taxes on corporate?

Postby clampdaddy » Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:39 am

slowshooter wrote:
We are stuck in a bad spot. American labor costs more than labor in other countries.


That's not true. If you compare us to someplace like China or Mexico maybe....... Umm, yeah. Which countries did you think I was talking about, Germany and Switzerland?


What do we do? Tax corporations to the point that it is beneficial for them to leave and then try to recoup the money with tariffs?


If you are talking about multinational corporations? They have already left..... I'm talking about any corporation. As long as stuff is still being made here it makes no sense to create a condition that benefits them to leave......the jobs go with it.

What do the workers of those corporations do with themselves?


If a company closes it's doors to move elsewhere do what everyone else does. Don't buy the outsourced products. Get a new job. Create a company that competes against the corporation that left.....Really? Start a business and create a product that will sell competitively against a similar product made by labor that cost pennies on the dollar. No thanks. Burning money for heat would be a better investment.
We Americans have grown accustomed to living a certain way and the thought of not being to obtain that lofty goal with a 40 hour a week job is hard to swallow.


No. Americans have grown accustomed to being told something then believing it. We are constantly told we get paid too much.....


And I have to point out that for many it's 80+ hours a week - not 40...... I was referring to Henry Ford's work week. I should have clarified.

None of those states in your list have the "benefit" of a low paid minority work force that we have.


That's not true. If you used to be middle class then you ARE the low paid worker - and it doesn't matter of you are a minority or not......Apparently you aren't familiar with Californias ag industry



So let call it as it is. The Southern states are racist, self abusing moochers hellbent on destroying themselves in hopes it will destroy the North first. Wow

Plus we have some of the best farmland in the world excellent climate, and irrigation and water storage systems that were put in years before there were any bunny huggers to object the damming of various valleys. That and we have a lot (but ever ever dwindling number) of those welfare sucking corporations that you won't find in places like alaska and west virginia.


Are you mad about the Friant Dam?
I could care less. My families land is all irrigated off the Don Pedro
User avatar
clampdaddy
hunter
 
Posts: 3634
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 9:23 pm
Location: Where spoonies go to die

Re: How about some taxes on corporate?

Postby vincentpa » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:36 am

assateague wrote:
slowshooter wrote:
clampdaddy wrote:
slowshooter wrote:
clampdaddy wrote:So the citizens of countries with the biggest governments have a smaller piece of the pie.......imagine that. :lol3:


No, the countries that don't have corporate taxes have citizens footing the bill for everything. Oddly I'm feeling under the weather. So not feeling particulary jokey. Sorry man. No smileys from me.

There are no bigger welfare recipients than corporations. And worse yet. The government would let entire cities die before they interrupted the money flow to companies.

How many empty store fronts in Banos? Know why? Because the middle class doesn't have any money to spend to keep those stores open...

Empty stores in the LB, well we do live in one of the most business unfriendly states in the union, and we are in the middle of a recession. Business (and many citizens) are bailing on California. It sucks but it is what it is. You know, we also loose buying power every time our government fires up the printing presses and runs off a few billion in greenbacks.


Don't minimize the damage done to the middle class nationwide as a problem that is based in California. We live in one of the most successful states in the Union. That's a stone cold fact. If things are sucking here because there is no money in the middle class then folks shouldn't be the least confused that the suffering elsewhere is at least as bad.

Consider the top welfare states:
Mississippi
Alaska
Louisiana
West Virginia
North Dakota
Alabama
South Dakota
Kentucky
Virginia
Montana
Arkansas
Oklahoma

Are they business unfriendly? For the most part no. Those local governments would love to see folks start companies there. But there it is in black and white. Those states are the biggest welfare states in the Union (not going to comment on the fact that they are conservative states).

As to the recession? Wall street lead the way. And the leadership of the US government now works for them, not you or me.

We have two parties, both have staked out positions that are opposite to each other on social issues to make people feel like they are arguing about something they can invest in. Back up 500 feet and you realize that the more citizens focus is on lurid legislation to drive social issues - the less attention is paid to the corporatists that are driving financial policy to enrich themselves at the expense of the middle class.

It's pretty simple. If money is transferred out of the middle class and goes elsewhere. Then the economy shudders then stops. Because the middle class is the engine the keep things rolling. The good cop, bad cop the parties play is just a way to keep the population busy while the pillaging continues.




Where's you get your "facts" from? According to the Huffington Post, the list looks more like this:

1. Washington, D.C.
2. Vermont
3. Alaska
4. New York
5. Massachusetts
6. Louisiana
7. Tennessee
8. Maine
9. New Mexico
10. Mississippi

Unlike you, I will include a link, so it doesn't appear as if I am just making this up, as is the case for your "facts".
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/03/10/the-federal-aid-jackpot-s_n_492411.html#s73091&title=10_Mississippi


:lol: :lol: :lol:

slow also forgot to address the fact that the middle and especially upper middle class are fleeing CA in droves. So are businesses. They are all fleeing CA's tax structure. Unfortunately for CA, they're being replaced with low-skilled unedacted people. Recently this has been catastrophic for CA. Many of those successful business, especially the agri-business were built when CA still voted Republican. Now, even the high tech companies are leaving. Pittsburgh thanks you and all the other dumbass liberals from CA. You've sent quite a number of high tech companies our way! Hell, we're even getting movies filmed here because it's cheaper. :thumbsup: Keep it coming slow! What is truly sad about CA's loss is/was how preventable it was. Who wouldn't want to live in CA. The climate is varied and beautiful. There many cosmopolitan cities close by to beautiful natural areas from mountains, to deserts to oceans. Business could thrive in a place like CA. The best workers would relocate from anywhere to live in a place like that. That is until the liberal seize control and F things up. They actually did what wasn't thought possible. The made CA a place to leave instead of a place to go. All of those educated middle to high earners have/are relocating to places like AZ, TX, GA, FL and yes Pittsburgh to escape the madness. We'll take those evil corporations and all of the jobs they bring. :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
In a free society, it is not the obligation of the citizen to prove to the government that he is a good person. It is the obligation of the government to prove to the rest of the citizenry that the citizen is a bad person, with probable cause.
User avatar
vincentpa
hunter
 
Posts: 7723
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:50 am
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: How about some taxes on corporate?

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:23 pm

vincentpa wrote:
assateague wrote:
slowshooter wrote:
clampdaddy wrote:
slowshooter wrote:
clampdaddy wrote:So the citizens of countries with the biggest governments have a smaller piece of the pie.......imagine that. :lol3:


No, the countries that don't have corporate taxes have citizens footing the bill for everything. Oddly I'm feeling under the weather. So not feeling particulary jokey. Sorry man. No smileys from me.

There are no bigger welfare recipients than corporations. And worse yet. The government would let entire cities die before they interrupted the money flow to companies.

How many empty store fronts in Banos? Know why? Because the middle class doesn't have any money to spend to keep those stores open...

Empty stores in the LB, well we do live in one of the most business unfriendly states in the union, and we are in the middle of a recession. Business (and many citizens) are bailing on California. It sucks but it is what it is. You know, we also loose buying power every time our government fires up the printing presses and runs off a few billion in greenbacks.


Don't minimize the damage done to the middle class nationwide as a problem that is based in California. We live in one of the most successful states in the Union. That's a stone cold fact. If things are sucking here because there is no money in the middle class then folks shouldn't be the least confused that the suffering elsewhere is at least as bad.

Consider the top welfare states:
Mississippi
Alaska
Louisiana
West Virginia
North Dakota
Alabama
South Dakota
Kentucky
Virginia
Montana
Arkansas
Oklahoma

Are they business unfriendly? For the most part no. Those local governments would love to see folks start companies there. But there it is in black and white. Those states are the biggest welfare states in the Union (not going to comment on the fact that they are conservative states).

As to the recession? Wall street lead the way. And the leadership of the US government now works for them, not you or me.

We have two parties, both have staked out positions that are opposite to each other on social issues to make people feel like they are arguing about something they can invest in. Back up 500 feet and you realize that the more citizens focus is on lurid legislation to drive social issues - the less attention is paid to the corporatists that are driving financial policy to enrich themselves at the expense of the middle class.

It's pretty simple. If money is transferred out of the middle class and goes elsewhere. Then the economy shudders then stops. Because the middle class is the engine the keep things rolling. The good cop, bad cop the parties play is just a way to keep the population busy while the pillaging continues.




Where's you get your "facts" from? According to the Huffington Post, the list looks more like this:

1. Washington, D.C.
2. Vermont
3. Alaska
4. New York
5. Massachusetts
6. Louisiana
7. Tennessee
8. Maine
9. New Mexico
10. Mississippi

Unlike you, I will include a link, so it doesn't appear as if I am just making this up, as is the case for your "facts".
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/03/10/the-federal-aid-jackpot-s_n_492411.html#s73091&title=10_Mississippi


:lol: :lol: :lol:

slow also forgot to address the fact that the middle and especially upper middle class are fleeing CA in droves. So are businesses. They are all fleeing CA's tax structure. Unfortunately for CA, they're being replaced with low-skilled unedacted people. Recently this has been catastrophic for CA. Many of those successful business, especially the agri-business were built when CA still voted Republican. Now, even the high tech companies are leaving. Pittsburgh thanks you and all the other dumbass liberals from CA. You've sent quite a number of high tech companies our way! Hell, we're even getting movies filmed here because it's cheaper. :thumbsup: Keep it coming slow! What is truly sad about CA's loss is/was how preventable it was. Who wouldn't want to live in CA. The climate is varied and beautiful. There many cosmopolitan cities close by to beautiful natural areas from mountains, to deserts to oceans. Business could thrive in a place like CA. The best workers would relocate from anywhere to live in a place like that. That is until the liberal seize control and F things up. They actually did what wasn't thought possible. The made CA a place to leave instead of a place to go. All of those educated middle to high earners have/are relocating to places like AZ, TX, GA, FL and yes Pittsburgh to escape the madness. We'll take those evil corporations and all of the jobs they bring. :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

Boom. there it is. Thanks for posting Vinny. :clapping:
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 57397
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: How about some taxes on corporate?

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:48 pm

slowshooter wrote:http://thecontributor.com/economy/popular-movement-higher-taxes-now-would-be-story

You're a chump. And like the chump you are, you aren't going to acknowledge it at all. :lol3:

Seriously though. Did you know that all the help that we all give corporations isn't coming back into the economy in terms of benefits? Here's why.

The why is because only an idiot thought taking money from one person and giving it to another helps society :fingerhead:

However, this is totally moronic.

A middle-class adult in Finland owns $122 for every billion dollars of his or her nation's wealth. In Canada it's $13. In the U.S. it's 60 cents. Only middle-class adults in China and India earn less. Higher taxes on U.S. corporations could help redress the discrepancy.


If every man, woman, and child had exactly the same fraction of the nations wealth from the day they were born until the day they die, in Findland that average person would own $185 of every billion dollars of his nation's wealth, in Canada it would be $33, while in the U.S. that average person would have about $3 of every billion dollars.

If you take $1B and divide it by the population, that is what you get.

The numbers don't seem that out of line when you ask yourself how much more wealth should a brain surgeon or successful businessman or a successful entertainer or basically anyone much more successful than average should have relative to the average person.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
User avatar
SpinnerMan
hunter
 
Posts: 16182
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:24 am
Location: Joliet, IL

Next

Return to Controversial Issues Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests