How about some taxes on corporate?

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Re: How about some taxes on corporate?

Postby cartervj » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:56 pm

slowshooter wrote:
cartervj wrote:Let's start with GE and GM then, you know Obama minions :welcome:

In the face of all the things that are wrong, you still can't get off your partisan square wheeled wagon. As I mentioned to Jim on another thread the conversation patterns here are pretty consistent.

touche'

you can't get past the GOP :lol3:
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
cartervj
hunter

Postby slowshooter » Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:32 pm

High Sierras wrote:Two things pop up in my mind here.

First, Corporations don't pay taxes. Even if they were to 'pay' taxes, they still woudn't pay taxes. They pass them along as one of the costs of doing business. The consumer pays the tax for them in higher unit prices. Perhaps we should make corporations pay taxes... then the 47% who currently don't pay taxes would have to start... every time they bought a gallon of milk, a carton of smokes, or a new gold necklace.

Certainly we should accept that tax breaks are good for business internationally. But that benefit to the economy has been undermined by businesses that seek tax breaks from communities just to open a store or facility. When WALMART comes to town and demand tax breaks, gets them, then avoids giving their worker full time hours to keep them under the minimum to provide health care, they pass on the cost of their overhead to the taxpayers of the community. Corporations are now forcing communities to pay for the privilege of having their public coffers robbed.

The average taxpayer has been robbed many times that they can't even tell it's happening anymore. Your paragraph above proves that.

I'm starting to like the idea of corporate taxes -- now the deadbeat occutards and welfare crowd will have to start paying their 'fair share'. :lol3:

If you see this as an argument against "them" in terms of the middle class vs the poor, then you are misguided. It is and always will be the 1% against everyone else. You think you are different from the guy on welfare? To the 1% there is no difference between the guy that earns 125K a year and 25k a year.

The other issue with corporate income taxes... it only penalizes corporations that actually make an income in the US. Meaning yet more corporations will flee offshore for a more favorable tax climate... Not like we need any manufacturing jobs here at home, huh? What was that about unintended consequences? :no: :no: :no:

All you are saying is that you believe the average American citizen is a corporation's bitch. And that's a position you are happy to take for money.

Do you want the citizens to run this country or should I take your comment to mean that it's all okay the way it is today?

I'm pretty confident that you can get a dental protector sewn into a pillow so the next time a corporation makes you bite down you won't choke on fabric.
All this for a bowl of borscht.
slowshooter
hunter

Postby slowshooter » Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:39 pm

assateague wrote:
slowshooter wrote: Corporations need to pay their way or they need to cease to exist. We run a welfare state for guys that drive BMW and Ferraris.

Why does this same attitude not translate into private individuals? Here, try this one on for size:

"Individuals need to pay their way or they need to cease to exist. We run a welfare state for guys that drive Escalades and other newer cars than those who work."

Are you using the argument that some folks are on welfare still have nice consumer goods? Remember what I said earlier about consumer goods being cheap? They're there to keep the population feeling as though they have something good in their lives - as their lives get smaller. You're in the same boat.
slowshooter
hunter

Postby slowshooter » Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:41 pm

boney fingers wrote:
dudejcb wrote:
boney fingers wrote:The way corporations screw the tax payer is by using the tax code that their lobbyists crafted. Corporations should pay no tax.
FIFY. Are corporations better than people? You like paper a lot, huh.

I agree that lobbyist craft tax codes; that's why you need to take that tool away from them. If taxes on corporations were minimal, the lobbyist would have less reason to be in Washington. Im not a fan of lobbyist but I believe they have a right to express their opinions; but if you would like to get rid of them, lets start with the green energy lobby.

So you advocate giving up everything so the lobbyists go home... You wouldn't happen to be French would you?

I don't think I've ever seen someone surrender so quickly.
slowshooter
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:49 pm

slowshooter wrote:So you advocate giving up everything so the lobbyists go home...

Nope, just use some common sense.

The best solutions are almost always the easiest and they are never any convoluted craziness.

Zero taxes AND zero handouts, credits, ... on corporations, businesses, or any organization. ONLY tax individuals. If you own a share in the corporation, you pay the taxes on that share as you would any other source of income. None of this double taxation. Legitimate business expenses only and that is it, and any profits after that are taxed as part of the owner's income. If that is shares that are held in your pension fund, I'm fine with that tax break. If your total income is below the minimum for taxes, then you owe nothing.

If that money is earned outside the U.S., I get credit for all taxes paid on it over there and if I owe more than that here, I have to pay the difference regardless of whether or not that income is repatriated.

If you wanted fairness, it is easy.

But the goal is control.

That is never fair, and it is never easy to deceive, which is why it must be all this take with the right hand give with the left hand, and all the shell games that go on.

A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby slowshooter » Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:52 pm

Butta boom wrote:Since the IRS has denied the formation of any of these, by conservatives, the left is getting the lion share of that benefit.

That is the dumbest comment on this board in at least a month.

Then there are the type S corps. They are the most numerous, and generally smaller family businesses are using that tax structure. They are allowed not to pay fed taxes on there profits, but the shareholders pay the full rate on all profits at the personal level, generally a higher rate.

Bechtel is an S corp. It's not size that counts when it comes to determining what kind of corporation you want. Only benefit.

If you want to pay more taxes, slow, please do. Your love of big government is apparent to all that can read. But singling out corps as a single class of businesses exposes your lack of understanding of corps. And calling all government spending welfare is also misleading.

Yeah yeah, the same old trope where someone says "go ahead and do what you want" without actually acknowledging the issue. Nice try but even a high school debate team would do better than that.

Do you actually hunt ducks? Do you eat them? Are you a big government shill sent here to infiltrate the ranks of second amendment devotees that are self reliant and don't need government?

You aren't anti government when it's to YOUR benefit are you? Didn't think so. Hypocrisy is so easy when you are eating food that the government helped pay for - but didn't come from the welfare office.

Inquiring minds want to know.

No you don't.

How many tax breaks do you get? Are there price supports for you rice that are funded by the government? How many deductions do you take to get a nice truck to drive around? How many programs do you take advantage of from the Feds and State?

Don't complain about the poor when the fact is that if the government wasn't supporting you that you'd likely be out of business and working at 7/11 as a night clerk.
slowshooter
hunter

Postby High Sierras » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:47 pm

slowshooter wrote:

First, Corporations don't pay taxes. Even if they were to 'pay' taxes, they still woudn't pay taxes. They pass them along as one of the costs of doing business. The consumer pays the tax for them in higher unit prices. Perhaps we should make corporations pay taxes... then the 47% who currently don't pay taxes would have to start... every time they bought a gallon of milk, a carton of smokes, or a new gold necklace.

Certainly we should accept that tax breaks are good for business internationally. But that benefit to the economy has been undermined by businesses that seek tax breaks from communities just to open a store or facility. When WALMART comes to town and demand tax breaks, gets them, then avoids giving their worker full time hours to keep them under the minimum to provide health care, they pass on the cost of their overhead to the taxpayers of the community. Corporations are now forcing communities to pay for the privilege of having their public coffers robbed.

The average taxpayer has been robbed many times that they can't even tell it's happening anymore. Your paragraph above proves that.

I wasn't refering to tax breaks Slow. I was refering to the fact that when presented with a tax, a fee, a permit cost, a zoning surcharge... whatever the economic cost to a corporation, they (the corporation) don't just take it out of their profit margin, they factor it into the cost per unit and let the consumers pay those costs for them. A corporate income tax is obamas 'ace in the hole' to make the 47% chumps who voted for him pay their fair share. Oh, wait... did you think obama would be happy with just rapeing the 53%'ers, and leave his own peeps alone? Sorry, not a chance. This way he doesn't have to tax the poor... he just taxes the corporations, who will pass that bill on to the consumer a few bucks at a time. And he still looks like a saint to the liberal retards who voted for him. They'll say "...look at what a compassionate man he is, in spite of a weak economy, obama got us all these wonderful new programs to help us, and he did it without raising taxes on the working poor. He stuck it to the evil corporations!!!" followed by "I wonder why I have to pay so much more for everything I buy nowadays..."
slowshooter wrote:
High Sierras wrote:I'm starting to like the idea of corporate taxes -- now the deadbeat occutards and welfare crowd will have to start paying their 'fair share'. :lol3:

If you see this as an argument against "them" in terms of the middle class vs the poor, then you are misguided. It is and always will be the 1% against everyone else. You think you are different from the guy on welfare? To the 1% there is no difference between the guy that earns 125K a year and 25k a year.

No, not against the middle class and poor. The arguement I see is that taxing corporations is just stupid. If the corporation doesn't flee to a more favorable tax climate (the middle class and the poor loose on jobs), they will pay the tax and jack up the cost of whatever goods or services they provide (the middle class and the poor loose on buying power since everything costs more). Either way the middle class and the poor loose in the end.

slowshooter wrote:
High Sierras wrote:The other issue with corporate income taxes... it only penalizes corporations that actually make an income in the US. Meaning yet more corporations will flee offshore for a more favorable tax climate... Not like we need any manufacturing jobs here at home, huh? What was that about unintended consequences? :no: :no: :no:

All you are saying is that you believe the average American citizen is a corporation's bitch. And that's a position you are happy to take for money.

Wrong. All I'm saying is that if you think that obama proposing taxing the corporations is going to take from the rich and give to the institutionally poor, you've been watching too many reruns of Robin Hood. The liberal idea being floated about right now is taxing those 'evil' corporations to squeeze them to pay (say it with me, brother Slow...) "their fair share!" Mindlessly chanting that makes you feel better now, doesn't it :smile: ? What the good little donkeys (and I mean that in the most flattering way possible...especially to you, Slow) don't seem to get is that ultimately it's not about punishing the evil corporations... the liberal elites of the country know they can't sustain this level of government spending unless they get EVERYBODY to pay more in taxes.

Honestly raising taxes on the 47% will cost them elections, so they can't do that.
Not raising taxes on the 47% will limit how much they can get their hands on to spend, they can't conceive of that either.
So they've opted for what has worked int he past... The politics of envy and hate. Paint the corporations as evil, soul-less monsters. Get the weak minded to fall in line calling for the taxation of the corporations. Rasie taxes on those mean SOB's and voila! The poor are now paying for the utopian dream. And to the little donkeys, obama looks like a saint in the process.

slowshooter wrote:Do you want the citizens to run this country or should I take your comment to mean that it's all okay the way it is today?

No, I've been to San Francisco. I've been to Stockton. I sure as hell don't want those citizens running anything more than an ice cream cart. I want honest, ethical people who know how to run a sucessful business to run the government. I sure as he!! don't want a dimwit community organizer, who's greatest job qualification for president is that he ran the colllegiate newspaper for a few years, to play social engineering with the lives and freedoms of 300 million of my fellow Americans.

slowshooter wrote:I'm pretty confident that you can get a dental protector sewn into a pillow so the next time a corporation makes you bite down you won't choke on fabric.

I don't think I'll ever need it, personally, but if you have the name & number of the tailor who made yours, feel free to post it. We won't judge you for your fetishes. :lol3:
High Sierras
hunter

Postby High Sierras » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:55 pm

slowshooter wrote:
boney fingers wrote:
dudejcb wrote:
boney fingers wrote:The way corporations screw the tax payer is by using the tax code that their lobbyists crafted. Corporations should pay no tax.

I agree that lobbyist craft tax codes; that's why you need to take that tool away from them. If taxes on corporations were minimal, the lobbyist would have less reason to be in Washington. Im not a fan of lobbyist but I believe they have a right to express their opinions; but if you would like to get rid of them, lets start with the green energy lobby.

So you advocate giving up everything so the lobbyists go home... You wouldn't happen to be French would you?

Nah, the French are already taxing those evil corporations, just like the dimwit in the Whitehouse wants to start doing...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/robertwood/ ... -over-100/

slowshooter wrote:I don't think I've ever seen someone surrender so quickly.

Oh, wait... you were trying to imply he was French because you mistook his ability to see an easy solution that didn't involve the social engineers getting their sticky hands into it and thought he was surrendering quickly. I guess it's funny. :rolleyes:

Funny, as in it's funny that you couldn't imagine a solution that didn't involve obama taking credit for it.
High Sierras
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:40 pm

First, Corporations don't pay taxes. Even if they were to 'pay' taxes, they still wouldn't pay taxes. They pass them along as one of the costs of doing business.
Yes, that what everyone does. WE either pass them along, if we can, or we just carry the cost ourselves. Everyone has costs of doing business, living, etc. that are not shielded as tax credits or deductions, so why should corporations get better rules to play by than small businesses and individual real people. Especially when you recall that that when corporations duck this responsibility--that the rest of us must endure--we (the rest of us) wind up having to cover the deficiencies due to the corporate free ride ... and we circle the drain.

NO free lunches for corporations over individuals. Wars and corporate tax giveaways are expensive.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
dudejcb
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:17 pm

Not nearly as expensive as fraudulent and ridiculous governments spending.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby slowshooter » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:04 pm

clampdaddy wrote:
slowshooter wrote:
We are stuck in a bad spot. American labor costs more than labor in other countries.

That's not true. If you compare us to someplace like China or Mexico maybe....... Umm, yeah. Which countries did you think I was talking about, Germany and Switzerland?

What do we do? Tax corporations to the point that it is beneficial for them to leave and then try to recoup the money with tariffs?

If you are talking about multinational corporations? They have already left..... I'm talking about any corporation. As long as stuff is still being made here it makes no sense to create a condition that benefits them to leave......the jobs go with it.

To a degree that makes sense. A community shouldn't drive out a legit business. But there is a lot of grass between a corporation that robs a community and a corporation that adds to a community. That most cities and states no longer can tell the difference between the two and force the overhead cost of robber corporations onto the community isn't good for the worker or local SMBs. No corporation has the best interest of a community at heart when they come to town. They are there solely to make money and it's up to each community to determine whether the corporation is worth having in town. A short sight corp will wear out its welcome when people recognize they are bringing nothing to the community but low paying jobs, food stamps and government health care.

What do the workers of those corporations do with themselves?

If a company closes it's doors to move elsewhere do what everyone else does. Don't buy the outsourced products. Get a new job. Create a company that competes against the corporation that left.....Really? Start a business and create a product that will sell competitively against a similar product made by labor that cost pennies on the dollar. No thanks. Burning money for heat would be a better investment.

Depends on the product. If it's teeny weeny hairdinis then Indonesia is going to be hard to beat. But not every product is a consumer product. Not every market is retail.

We Americans have grown accustomed to living a certain way and the thought of not being to obtain that lofty goal with a 40 hour a week job is hard to swallow.

No. Americans have grown accustomed to being told something then believing it. We are constantly told we get paid too much.....

And I have to point out that for many it's 80+ hours a week - not 40...... I was referring to Henry Ford's work week. I should have clarified.

Ah, but look at it from the perspective of the 50s. The tax rate was high and there was enough money in the middle class that one income could support an family with one of the parents staying at home to make sure the kids has less distractions on their way to being decent. If you told a politician today that you wanted the average american family to be able to survive on one income they would laugh in your face. The money no longer goes to the middle class, the politicians know that.

None of those states in your list have the "benefit" of a low paid minority work force that we have.

That's not true. If you used to be middle class then you ARE the low paid worker - and it doesn't matter of you are a minority or not......Apparently you aren't familiar with Californias ag industry

Sure I am. You only think you are middle class. The field workers are just slaves by any other name. And probably illegal immigrants to boot.

The Ag industry would die without them. But that doesn't make them part of the equation that determines what you have lost in buying power in the last 10 years - or why it takes two incomes to survive. If you are comparing yourself to them to make yourself feel better then that's about the lowest bar you can set.

So let call it as it is. The Southern states are racist, self abusing moochers hellbent on destroying themselves in hopes it will destroy the North first. Wow

Shocking isn't it? The Southern states are so weakened by politically correct behavior that you wouldn't be able to get any of them to admit they still hated the black man. Nope, they just hate liberals these days. It's pretty damn funny. The South is a fake kingdom built on denying their own past, and rewriting history.

They are still trying to convince people that that the civil war was fought for states rights.

Plus we have some of the best farmland in the world excellent climate, and irrigation and water storage systems that were put in years before there were any bunny huggers to object the damming of various valleys. That and we have a lot (but ever ever dwindling number) of those welfare sucking corporations that you won't find in places like alaska and west virginia.

Are you mad about the Friant Dam?
I could care less. My families land is all irrigated off the Don Pedro

Good for you and yours!
slowshooter
hunter

Postby cartervj » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:08 pm

The economy is so anemic, placing higher taxes will only drive down our economy further. Of course you're looking for justice so reality doesn't matter.

The release of the June Jobs' Report Friday was something of a relief for the markets.
The Labor Department reported that the economy gained 195,000 jobs in June, which beat economists' expectations. The Department also reported that the economy gained 70,000 more jobs in April and May than it originally estimated.
The report, however, also provides clear evidence that the the nation is splitting into two; only 47% of Americans have a full-time job and those who don't are finding it increasingly out of reach.

Of the 144 million Americans employed last month, only 116 million were working full-time. Friday's report showed that 58.7% of the civilian adult population of 245 million was working last month. Only 47% of Americans, however, had a full-time job.

The market's positive reaction to Friday's report is another sign of how far our economic expectations have fallen.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/07/05/only-47-americans-have-full-time-job
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
cartervj
hunter

Postby boney fingers » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:24 pm

slowshooter wrote:
boney fingers wrote:
dudejcb wrote:

I don't think I've ever seen someone surrender so quickly.

I guess I did not realize we were at war with the people who write out paychecks. And no, Im not French, Im colored.
boney fingers
hunter

Postby slowshooter » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:44 pm

vincentpa wrote:[
slow also forgot to address the fact that the middle and especially upper middle class are fleeing CA in droves.

LOL! Nope. The fact is that the lower middle class and poor are leaving because they can't afford to live here. Even the illegals aren't coming here en masses because they can't make enough money to afford working here. They are staying home to enjoy the benefits of a resurgent middle class in Mexico and elsewhere.

So are businesses. They are all fleeing CA's tax structure. Unfortunately for CA, they're being replaced with low-skilled unedacted people.

I'm all for companies moving out of the area and taking all you non native californians home. Except of course for my friends who have proved their value to the state. Ans because they're good peeps. :lol3:

Recently this has been catastrophic for CA. Many of those successful business, especially the agri-business were built when CA still voted Republican. Now, even the high tech companies are leaving. Pittsburgh thanks you and all the other dumbass liberals from CA. You've sent quite a number of high tech companies our way! Hell, we're even getting movies filmed here because it's cheaper. :thumbsup: Keep it coming slow!

Haa haaa! Seriously... California could cut itself in half in terms of land & money and the only thing it would do is move your state further down list toward loserveille. Nice wishful thinking though. We'll get right on making sure you guys get more of our breadcrumbs to be proud of. :lol3: :lol3:

What is truly sad about CA's loss is/was how preventable it was. Who wouldn't want to live in CA. The climate is varied and beautiful. There many cosmopolitan cities close by to beautiful natural areas from mountains, to deserts to oceans. Business could thrive in a place like CA. The best workers would relocate from anywhere to live in a place like that.

They do.

That is until the liberal seize control and F things up. They actually did what wasn't thought possible. The made CA a place to leave instead of a place to go. All of those educated middle to high earners have/are relocating to places like AZ, TX, GA, FL and yes Pittsburgh to escape the madness.

Just the ones that can tolerate conservatives. And there aren't that many of them. We're glad to see them go! More room for Baywatch babes! :grooving:

We'll take those evil corporations and all of the jobs they bring. :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

Please do!
slowshooter
hunter

Postby slowshooter » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:48 pm

Indaswamp wrote:Boom. there it is. Thanks for posting Vinny. :clapping:

Just because your state produces more than his does doesn't justify being condescending to the poor guy.
slowshooter
hunter

Postby slowshooter » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:07 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:
slowshooter wrote:http://thecontributor.com/economy/popular-movement-higher-taxes-now-would-be-story

You're a chump. And like the chump you are, you aren't going to acknowledge it at all. :lol3:

Seriously though. Did you know that all the help that we all give corporations isn't coming back into the economy in terms of benefits? Here's why.

The why is because only an idiot thought taking money from one person and giving it to another helps society :fingerhead:
However, this is totally moronic.

If you don't think the government should redistribute money then stop paying your taxes right now. And if you think that corporations should be paid by government to rape a community coffer, that only cements you being a corporatist tool and suckling.

A middle-class adult in Finland owns $122 for every billion dollars of his or her nation's wealth. In Canada it's $13. In the U.S. it's 60 cents. Only middle-class adults in China and India earn less. Higher taxes on U.S. corporations could help redress the discrepancy.

If every man, woman, and child had exactly the same fraction of the nations wealth from the day they were born until the day they die, in Findland that average person would own $185 of every billion dollars of his nation's wealth, in Canada it would be $33, while in the U.S. that average person would have about $3 of every billion dollars.

If you take $1B and divide it by the population, that is what you get.

The numbers don't seem that out of line when you ask yourself how much more wealth should a brain surgeon or successful businessman or a successful entertainer or basically anyone much more successful than average should have relative to the average person.

Too bad job title was not part of the study otherwise your class -based postulation might have had some validity.
slowshooter
hunter

Postby slowshooter » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:08 pm

cartervj wrote:
slowshooter wrote:
cartervj wrote:Let's start with GE and GM then, you know Obama minions :welcome:

In the face of all the things that are wrong, you still can't get off your partisan square wheeled wagon. As I mentioned to Jim on another thread the conversation patterns here are pretty consistent.

touche'

you can't get past the GOP :lol3:

You don't even know that that is. :lol3:
slowshooter
hunter

Postby slowshooter » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:09 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:
slowshooter wrote:So you advocate giving up everything so the lobbyists go home...

Nope, just use some common sense.

The best solutions are almost always the easiest and they are never any convoluted craziness.

Zero taxes AND zero handouts, credits, ... on corporations, businesses, or any organization. ONLY tax individuals. If you own a share in the corporation, you pay the taxes on that share as you would any other source of income. None of this double taxation. Legitimate business expenses only and that is it, and any profits after that are taxed as part of the owner's income. If that is shares that are held in your pension fund, I'm fine with that tax break. If your total income is below the minimum for taxes, then you owe nothing.

If that money is earned outside the U.S., I get credit for all taxes paid on it over there and if I owe more than that here, I have to pay the difference regardless of whether or not that income is repatriated.

If you wanted fairness, it is easy.

But the goal is control.

That is never fair, and it is never easy to deceive, which is why it must be all this take with the right hand give with the left hand, and all the shell games that go on.

How about no. :lol3:
slowshooter
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:12 pm

slowshooter wrote:

Just because your state produces more than his does doesn't justify being condescending to the poor guy.

My post was not condescending.
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby slowshooter » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:17 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
slowshooter wrote:

My post was not condescending.

Tell Vince that. He's crying right now because he knows your state makes more than his does.

Poor guy. Just be nice to him for awhile. He forgets. :lol3:
slowshooter
hunter

Postby clampdaddy » Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:47 am

Slow, as far as the buying power of a 1950's work week as compared to todays there is one thing that I have always thought but have never seen brought up. The work force was proportionally smaller. Women stayed home and men worked. It may be a hair brained theory of mine but I believe that if the women's lib movement hadn't led to a flood of female workers the unemployment rates would be next to nothing and it would in turn raise the average hourly wage for all workers. Like I said, no basis on any studies, just a theory of mine.

As for the Fraint Dam. I shouldn't say I could care less. I do. That particular issue just doesn't directly affect my family. It's just a bit frustrating to see so many people out of work and prime farm land going fallow because of a delta smelt or a kangaroo mouse or whatever other critter is in jeopardy all the while San Francisco and Los Angeles lick their chops at the thought of getting their hands on water they have no right to. They have outgrown their original water requirements, not the farmers. Build some desalination plants for crying out loud.
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby boney fingers » Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:56 am

clampdaddy wrote:Slow, as far as the buying power of a 1950's work week as compared to todays there is one thing that I have always thought but have never seen brought up. The work force was proportionally smaller. Women stayed home and men worked. It may be a hair brained theory of mine but I believe that if the women's lib movement hadn't led to a flood of female workers the unemployment rates would be next to nothing and it would in turn raise the average hourly wage for all workers. Like I said, no basis on any studies, just a theory of mine.

not to mention the divorce rate would be much smaller
boney fingers
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:02 am

slowshooter wrote:

I've been keeping an eye on that since you mentioned it, slow. If I were ambitious I would put together a format that 95% of the posts follow. It is almost uncanny. Kinda like formulaic scripts in Hollywood.....OK, we need a tough guy with personal issues, a girl that hates him but eventually comes around, 12 cars running into the back of another car and somehow flipping over to land on their top, 19 explosions of one sort or another, 3 flippant, snickering lines in the face of disaster between the tough guy and his rube buddy, one good titty shot of titties that haven't seen screen time yet, and a European, nattily dressed, bad-guy with precise diction but a personality flaw in that he considers women as chattel, and kills at least one of his own men ruthlessly.....should be a huge hit!
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:21 am

Glimmerjim wrote:
slowshooter wrote:

I've been keeping an eye on that since you mentioned it, slow. If I were ambitious I would put together a format that 95% of the posts follow. It is almost uncanny. Kinda like formulaic scripts in Hollywood.....OK, we need a tough guy with personal issues, a girl that hates him but eventually comes around, 12 cars running into the back of another car and somehow flipping over to land on their top, 19 explosions of one sort or another, 3 flippant, snickering lines in the face of disaster between the tough guy and his rube buddy, one good titty shot of titties that haven't seen screen time yet, and a European, nattily dressed, bad-guy with precise diction but a personality flaw in that he considers women as chattel, and kills at least one of his own men ruthlessly.....should be a huge hit!

Sounds like the story of my life :yes:
Give a man a duck... Feed him for a day... Teach him to fowl hunt... Feed him for a lifetime...Teach him in your spot... Learn to hunt a different spot....
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:30 am

wanapasaki wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:
slowshooter wrote:

Sounds like the story of my life :yes:

:lol3: :lol3: Mine too, except most of the titties I see have been seen PLENTY of times! :lol3: :lol3:
Glimmerjim
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Controversial Issues Forum