Detroit?

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Re: Detroit?

Postby dthur » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:17 pm

Detroit Police: Quote "Enter at your own risk". This is what we live with! We have the Red Wings and Tigers (won't mention the Lions) downtown, otherwise won't leave the burbs, no reason too, there is nothing in that hellhole!
dthur
hunter

Postby dthur » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:29 pm

Oh, there are some beautiful people who can't afford to escape, thats the sad part. Blame it all on the admin, kumame is in prison (prior mayor), his dad is in prison or he is going the sister and mom, buddies and many childhood friends are in prison, hell, thats where all the people went.
dthur
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:31 am

dthur wrote:there are some beautiful people who can't afford to escape

I just can't stand these platitudes. People moved to the prairies and built sod houses not that many generations ago. What does a bus ticket cost? If there is a will, there is a way and it hasn't taken a lot of will power to mover around the U.S. for a long time.

Foreign nationals from Mexico can get from their cesspool country into the U.S. illegally and them make it to Detroit, but Americans living in Detroit can't get out of town :no:

dthur wrote:Blame it all on the admin
And not the people that voted for him and the past admins that were all on the well known death spiral? :huh:
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby WoodyWhiffingMG » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:10 am

I have said it before and I will say it again now.

We should have let the French Canadians keep Detroit.
There are only two types of people in the world, those who love duck hunting and those who never have duck hunted.
WoodyWhiffingMG
hunter

Postby boney fingers » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:18 am

dthur wrote:Oh, there are some beautiful people who can't afford to escape, thats the sad part. Blame it all on the admin, kumame is in prison (prior mayor), his dad is in prison or he is going the sister and mom, buddies and many childhood friends are in prison, hell, thats where all the people went.

Just the opposite, how do you afford to stay?
boney fingers
hunter

Postby dthur » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:09 am

"Old people, ill health, no family, no money, no idea where to turn, often alone". This is why they stay. They don't allow mud huts in Bloomfield Hills, Mi.

The admin seemed honest when voted into office, remember this town had nothing, any promise of better times created hope!
dthur
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:15 am

dthur wrote:"Old people, ill health, no family, no money, no idea where to turn, often alone". This is why they stay. They don't allow mud huts in Bloomfield Hills, Mi.

The admin seemed honest when voted into office, remember this town had nothing, any promise of better times created hope!

The city has been in serious decline for generations. The old people were young people at one point. The people of ill health were once healthy. Those without family were not dropped into the city by the stork and all were required by law to receive a government provided education, wow did that work wonders for them.

And what percentage of the population fits this category today? If the entire city is made up of old, sick, orphans, no wonder they problems. :help:
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby shootfirst45 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:16 am

There is free housing for all the libs to move there. 70000 vacant bldgs. or so.
shootfirst45
hunter

Postby dthur » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:27 am

As I said, "SOME" beautiful people, not all, some would even pray for you. Others would blow your head off! You don't play in Detroit, it's a bad town. I hope you and your loved ones make the right choice on everything you do in life.
dthur
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:46 am

It is the perfect microcosm of liberal / progressive eutopia. Who wants more hope and change? :lol3:
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby swampbilly 1980 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:03 am

shootfirst45 wrote:There is free housing for all the libs to move there. 70000 vacant bldgs. or so.

Sounds like a great place for our "musical boycotters" to have band rehearsals.
Swampbilly1980- I got a feeva',..and the only cure is more Mergansers and face paint.
swampbilly 1980
Forum & State Moderator

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:25 am

dthur wrote:As I said, "SOME" beautiful people, not all, some would even pray for you. Others would blow your head off! You don't play in Detroit, it's a bad town. I hope you and your loved ones make the right choice on everything you do in life.

Well of course there are "some" out of millions that have and do live in Detroit that fit into just about any bin you want. So what? I didn't think you were making an irrelevant point.

Unfortunately, I have a whole lot of loved ones that are making very bad choices. My cousin that is ~21 that dropped out of college and lives with her dope smoking loser boyfriend and both leech off of her mom would have never left Detroit if that is where they were born there, that I am sure. When she gets to be 50 and can't afford to get old, whose fault will that be? :huh: I put much of the blame on her mother who allows them to mooch off of her. They are young, kick their ass out of the nest. If they don't learn to fly now, the odds that they figure it out when they are older is about zero. And just think what happens once they start making babies.

Should I pretend like my relatives are not making horrible choices because I care about them? They are on a path to a very bleak future. I pray for them, but I can't force them to not be leeches on society. It should not be an option available to them, but it is, so they probably will be and life will suck for them as a result.

I see the destructiveness of the welfare state on the lives of my loved ones.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:35 am

I hear you Spinner. There is a very small segment of my family that has chosen to lead the life of the useless. Every one of them is highly intelligent and frankly to lazy to do anything useful. The funny part is they spend more time gaming the system and working cons for far less money than I make than I do working.

I finally just disavowed the entire lot. They all use drugs, live on welfare and cons they run. Pretty much everything they do is illegal in one way or another. I caught one of their kids stealing stuff from my place one time. I calmly explained life and death decisions to the boy as I was whipping his butt with my belt. His dads comment when the teen boy whined about it was "Boy you just learned a hard lesson. Dont get caught stealing from your cousin he will take you to the tool shed. No admonishment for stealing, no penalty or punishment, just a don't get caught. I haven't spoken to that little group of degenerates since.

I do pray for them now and then. They are distant family so I feel obligate to do at least that much for them.
Last edited by ScaupHunter on Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby WoodyWhiffingMG » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:36 am

dthur wrote:They don't allow mud huts in Bloomfield Hills, Mi.

As someone who recently escaped the cesspool of Detroit and Detroit Metro. Not even a week ago.

I am qualified to say, it is not easy to get out quickly without making sacrifices. You likely either have to be willing to wait or willing to take a hit in income. I was willing to wait, but if you don't have that option, you have to make a decision that is best for you. It is called opportunity cost.

But with that said there is no reason that if you made some simple right choices when you were younger, you can get out.

I know, I know, I say it all the time, but there are consequences or rewards for every choice you make, and I expect that everyone contends with each of them, after all they are only reaping their just rewards.

So, if someone made a bad decision in the past I don't, not feel for them, but I do expect they deal with it, without using the government to force others to help. If someone chooses to lend a hand then so be it, otherwise....

Basically what I am saying is if one look/listen at/to Killpatrick didn't alert them to his being a crook, well then they are where they are for other reasons and they have likely made other bad choices in their life. If you want a good life in America (old) all you had to do was work hard and give it some effort and everything would fall in to place, Detroit use to be a shining example of this, but after 50 years of liberal control it looks like Hiroshima, circa 1945. I have little love loss for those who found themself in the ruble of their own making.
There are only two types of people in the world, those who love duck hunting and those who never have duck hunted.
WoodyWhiffingMG
hunter

Postby dthur » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:16 am

Spinner the population is claimed to be 700,000 real number is 600,000.

Woody congrats on your move, sound like a strong guy others are not.
dthur
hunter

Postby slowshooter » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:07 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:
dthur wrote:"Old people, ill health, no family, no money, no idea where to turn, often alone". This is why they stay. They don't allow mud huts in Bloomfield Hills, Mi.

The city has been in serious decline for generations. The old people were young people at one point. The people of ill health were once healthy. Those without family were not dropped into the city by the stork and all were required by law to receive a government provided education, wow did that work wonders for them.

And what percentage of the population fits this category today? If the entire city is made up of old, sick, orphans, no wonder they problems. :help:

You are the kind of guy that blames rape victims because they dressed sexy.
All this for a bowl of borscht.
slowshooter
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:16 pm

dthur wrote:Spinner the population is claimed to be 700,000 real number is 600,000.

Woody congrats on your move, sound like a strong guy others are not.

Yes but it was over a million and I'm sure even in Detroit there are people that move in even if on net more move out. So we are likely talking about millions of individuals that have or do (past and present residence) live in Detroit since the decline of Detroit began. Certainly over a million as you point out there are 600,000 individuals there right now. I know crime is bad and life expectancy likely lower, but most of that net decline of roughly 100,000 people per decade leaving the city left it alive. :smile:

I see the same thing happening where I grew up. It is small town, semi-rural, and predominantly white. The reasons for the social decline are really not that different. They just are not as dramatic as Detroit and there is not the racial component to make it political. Most everybody that can get out, does get out. Of course, it's not white flight if it is white folks leaving a predominantly white area, so it doesn't give the politicians that red herring for their failure. But they are working on that. They have imported a "diverse" population from the urban areas to fill up the "affordable" housing that they have built. So now we have actual gang activity in the little town that I grew up :thumbsup: Typical liberal do gooder ignorance that creates more problems without solving any of the old ones.

slowshooter wrote:You are the kind of guy that blames rape victims because they dressed sexy.
Nope, I'm the kind of guy that wants rapists shot. You support the kind of guy that wants to let the rapist out on parole once he says he's sorry and then wonder why he rapes again.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby slowshooter » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:33 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:
slowshooter wrote:You are the kind of guy that blames rape victims because they dressed sexy.
Nope, I'm the kind of guy that wants rapists shot. You support the kind of guy that wants to let the rapist out on parole once he says he's sorry and then wonder why he rapes again.

That explains why you are blaming people for staying there instead of leaving. Makes sense. :lol3:
slowshooter
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:45 pm

slowshooter wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:

That explains why you are blaming people for staying there instead of leaving. Makes sense. :lol3:

People are responsible for the consequences of their actions and their in actions, are they not? :huh:

If you live in a crime ridden neighborhood, it is your responsibility to get your family the hell out of there and not sit around and hope some great community organizer like Obama shows up and works his magic like he did in Chicago. Oh wait, those people in Chicago are still waiting in their crime ridden neighborhoods while Obama has made millions and is the most powerful man in the world :huh:

Should a women be able to go to a frat party in a miniskirt without panties and pass out drunk with her feet in the air and not get raped? Yes, but if she does this and does get raped, she has no one to blame but her self. It doesn't excuse the rapist, he should still get shot.

Over a million people have packed up and got out of Detroit. We are a nation of immigrants. When the place is going to hell, seeking greener pastures for our families as opposed to staying and fighting a losing battle is why most of us are where we are today.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby slowshooter » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:18 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:
slowshooter wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:

Yes, but if she does this and does get raped, she has no one to blame but her self.

Told you so.
slowshooter
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:47 pm

slowshooter wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:
slowshooter wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:

Yes, but if she does this and does get raped, she has no one to blame but her self.

Told you so.

:no: :hi:
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby dthur » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:24 pm

I'm getting dizzy!!!!! I am far from a liberal but I am also a realist, some people need help, are you going to help them?
dthur
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:36 pm

dthur wrote:I'm getting dizzy!!!!! I am far from a liberal but I am also a realist, some people need help, are you going to help them?

Not by using the power of government to take private property from one person and give it to another for their personal benefit.

For two reasons.

1) It's just stealing. It doesn't make it moral just because we veil it in legality.

2) The net result is that more people end up being harmed than those that are helped. (See Detroit)

Can I help them? Probably not. Can I pretend like I help them? Of course. We've been doing that for generation and look at the results.

If you are a realist, then you see how all the so-called help we have given them has been a miserable disaster. If you are creating a disaster, step number one is to STOP. We will never get past step number one.

The political machine has created an impenetrable power base of poverty and they are not going to risk that by making sure every kid in Detroit gets a solid education, by ensuring a low crime environment where people's private property is protected, where people are free to hire and fire whomever they want, or anything that jeopardize the unchecked power they have.

More of the same will only produce more of the same.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby dthur » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:46 pm

Spinner, Well put and I agree, but we still have the problem, we can't just turn our back on them, they are us, and our kids and our kids future.
dthur
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:01 pm

dthur wrote:Spinner, Well put and I agree, but we still have the problem, we can't just turn our back on them, they are us, and our kids and our kids future.

I don't disagree. I just don't see how we do it given the realities of the politics.

Plus we can't force people to "do the right thing" can we?

If a woman wants to have 8 kids to eight different dead beats, what are you willing to do for those kids? I know what I would do, but I'm curious what your thoughts are.

However, if this woman had a solid education and the solid job skills that come with it, she would have a vast array of options before her making it far less likely that she would choose this lifestyle and the suffering that will fall upon those children.
SpinnerMan
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Controversial Issues Forum