Christianity's Bad?

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Christianity's Bad?

Postby assateague » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:29 pm

Tell me again why liberals aren't screaming at the top of their lungs about Islam. Tell me again how Christianity and Repubs are the ones who want to "interfere" in your life. Tell me again how liberals despise all religion, not just Christianity. Tell me again how liberals got to the same extent to speak out against Islam as against Christianity. Tell me again how they fight against women wearing burkhas.

But we all know that's BS. They coddle Islam for some reason which I cannot fathom, and support its tenets and beliefs through acceptance and "diversity".

The editor of a Saudi Arabian social website has been sentenced to seven years in prison and 600 lashes for founding an Internet forum that violates Islamic values and propagates liberal thought, Saudi media reported on Tuesday.

And his "horrible" crime?

Raif Badawi, who started the 'Free Saudi Liberals' website to discuss the role of religion in Saudi Arabia, has been held since June 2012 on charges of cyber crime and disobeying his father - a crime in the conservative kingdom and top U.S. ally.
Al-Watan newspaper said the judge had also ordered the closure of the website.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2381309/Editor-jailed-seven-years-sentenced-600-LASHES-starting-Free-Saudi-Liberals-website.html

But yet I haven't heard a liberal bemoan the state of those living under the tyranny of Sharia Law. The only thing I hear is "Christianity blah blah blah blah God blah blah blah Stay out of my bedroom blah blah blah blah". Geniuses at work again. They must be amazingly smart to maintain such logically inconsistent positions.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire

Re: Christianity's Bad?

Postby Glimmerjim » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:06 am

AT. You really are over-generalizing. The liberal propoganda machine that produces votes that enables them to remain in power in some areas is really no different than the conservative prpoganda machine. There are many on both sides that don't reason for themselves. I truly believe that in order to accurately and intelligently ascertain the value and the detriments of either we should start at very simple, precise definitions of what we want to consider as a liberal, and what we want to consider as a conservative. Not only in today's terms but in the terms and conditions in which the appellations were originally designated.
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby slowshooter » Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:16 am

Your children's children will face the east and pray 5 times a day. :lol3:
All this for a bowl of borscht.
slowshooter
hunter

Postby TomKat » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:11 am

Glimmerjim wrote:AT. You really are over-generalizing. The liberal propoganda machine that produces votes that enables them to remain in power in some areas is really no different than the conservative prpoganda machine..

SO!

Lets take ANOTHER look at Dog Crap theory 101, shall we?

Who wants to 'splain it to the class this time?
TomKat
Dorothy

Postby assateague » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:12 pm

Glimmerjim wrote:AT. You really are over-generalizing. The liberal propoganda machine that produces votes that enables them to remain in power in some areas is really no different than the conservative prpoganda machine. There are many on both sides that don't reason for themselves. I truly believe that in order to accurately and intelligently ascertain the value and the detriments of either we should start at very simple, precise definitions of what we want to consider as a liberal, and what we want to consider as a conservative. Not only in today's terms but in the terms and conditions in which the appellations were originally designated.

Ok. Then it should be easy to find examples of the ACLU, town/city councils, or the SPLC going after practitioners and symbols of Islam as readily as it is to find examples of them going after practitioners and symbols of Christianity.

Go ahead and search- I'll wait.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
assateague

Postby assateague » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:14 pm

Matter of fact, just go look up the hate groups as identified by the SPLC. If there is even ONE muslim group on there, I will be astounded. As opposed to the plethora of Christian groups.
WOLVERINES

assateague

Postby ScaupHunter » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:20 pm

AT, It really comes down to a not so subtle assault on the moral center and values of Americans. People who have faith, a strong belief in what is right and wrong, and the foundation of a strong family are most often the people who think for themselves, demand a responsible government, and expect things of others. The liberal agenda cannot survive in that kind of an environment. They have to destroy the very foundation of what made America great to get their way.

Liberals are desperately trying to destroy America from the inside so they can make it into their world view of eutopia, which quite frankly is a form of disorganized chaos. The real world does not allow them to feel good all the time and that is the greatest sin of all to a liberal. Christian's don't make them feel good about themselves. Gays are gonna burn, sinners go to hell, there is accountability and responsibility for you actions in the Christian Faith. Islam is organized violence, led by people who feel like it is ok to do whatever in the name of faith, etc... The very things they point out as flaws in Christianity are exemplified by Islam every day. Most of the issues they profess to hate stopped happening hundreds of years ago in Christianity.

Liberals at their hearts are just unhappy people who desperately want change, they don't understand what change, and that the change won't make them happy. Hence the constant need to find new agenda items to push on others. The only people I have ever met who had such a desperate need to control others have been insecure unhappy people who are desperately trying to control the world so they can feel good about themselves.

I am starting to think all the liberals need is a few warms hugs and someones should to cry on. Perhaps some self esteem classes would help.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:18 pm

ScaupHunter wrote:AT, It really comes down to a not so subtle assault on the moral center and values of Americans. People who have faith, a strong belief in what is right and wrong, and the foundation of a strong family are most often the people who think for themselves, demand a responsible government, and expect things of others. The liberal agenda cannot survive in that kind of an environment. They have to destroy the very foundation of what made America great to get their way.

Liberals are desperately trying to destroy America from the inside so they can make it into their world view of eutopia, which quite frankly is a form of disorganized chaos. The real world does not allow them to feel good all the time and that is the greatest sin of all to a liberal. Christian's don't make them feel good about themselves. Gays are gonna burn, sinners go to hell, there is accountability and responsibility for you actions in the Christian Faith. Islam is organized violence, led by people who feel like it is ok to do whatever in the name of faith, etc... The very things they point out as flaws in Christianity are exemplified by Islam every day. Most of the issues they profess to hate stopped happening hundreds of years ago in Christianity.

Liberals at their hearts are just unhappy people who desperately want change, they don't understand what change, and that the change won't make them happy. Hence the constant need to find new agenda items to push on others. The only people I have ever met who had such a desperate need to control others have been insecure unhappy people who are desperately trying to control the world so they can feel good about themselves.

I am starting to think all the liberals need is a few warms hugs and someones should to cry on. Perhaps some self esteem classes would help.
You and At are really putting out some drivel now. Pious self righteousness and stereotype hate bashing. Nice work.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
dudejcb
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:21 pm

And you are exemplifying the liberals desperate attempts to dodge the truth and delude themselves. Thanks for supporting my post so eloquently.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:35 pm

dudejcb wrote:
ScaupHunter wrote:AT, It really comes down to a not so subtle assault on the moral center and values of Americans. People who have faith, a strong belief in what is right and wrong, and the foundation of a strong family are most often the people who think for themselves, demand a responsible government, and expect things of others. The liberal agenda cannot survive in that kind of an environment. They have to destroy the very foundation of what made America great to get their way.

You and At are really putting out some drivel now. Pious self righteousness and stereotype hate bashing. Nice work.

Tell me where AT is wrong, then we can talk about drivel.
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby vincentpa » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:57 am

beretta24 wrote:
dudejcb wrote:

Tell me where AT is wrong, then we can talk about drivel.

It's much easier for him to dismiss it as drivel and hate. That way, he doesn't have to defend what he cannot.
In a free society, it is not the obligation of the citizen to prove to the government that he is a good person. It is the obligation of the government to prove to the rest of the citizenry that the citizen is a bad person, with probable cause.
vincentpa
hunter

Postby WTN10 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:01 am

dudejcb wrote:You and At are really putting out some drivel now. Pious self righteousness and stereotype hate bashing. Nice work.

Compared to your left-wing double speak and boilerplate hate-baiting?
2014 Season Totals:
Mallards: 243
Redheads: 114
Woodducks: 119
Grebes: 36
Blue Geese: 134
Snow Geese: 178
Hawks: 4
WTN10
hunter

Postby ohioboy » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:43 am

assateague wrote:Matter of fact, just go look up the hate groups as identified by the SPLC. If there is even ONE muslim group on there, I will be astounded. As opposed to the plethora of Christian groups.

http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/i ... s/ideology. You are right about Muslim groups. What one would you suggest be listed?

I also don't see many christian groups listed, unless you want to stretch it to include those in name only. I don't see any "normal" christian churches listed.
ohioboy
hunter

Postby WTN10 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:27 am

ohioboy wrote:
assateague wrote:Matter of fact, just go look up the hate groups as identified by the SPLC. If there is even ONE muslim group on there, I will be astounded. As opposed to the plethora of Christian groups.

http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/i ... s/ideology. You are right about Muslim groups. What one would you suggest be listed?

I also don't see many christian groups listed, unless you want to stretch it to include those in name only. I don't see any "normal" christian churches listed.

The entire SPLC smacks of McCarthyism; the purpose of the organization is to identify people with views someone arbitrarily deemed unacceptable. I agree with nothing those listed therein espouse, but it's the a page right out of the Red Scare to go around deeming ideologies acceptable and unacceptable. Surprise, it's liberals doing it, too.
2014 Season Totals:
Mallards: 243
Redheads: 114
Woodducks: 119
Grebes: 36
Blue Geese: 134
Snow Geese: 178
Hawks: 4
WTN10
hunter

Postby ohioboy » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:32 am

assateague wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:AT. You really are over-generalizing. The liberal propoganda machine that produces votes that enables them to remain in power in some areas is really no different than the conservative prpoganda machine. There are many on both sides that don't reason for themselves. I truly believe that in order to accurately and intelligently ascertain the value and the detriments of either we should start at very simple, precise definitions of what we want to consider as a liberal, and what we want to consider as a conservative. Not only in today's terms but in the terms and conditions in which the appellations were originally designated.

Ok. Then it should be easy to find examples of the ACLU, town/city councils, or the SPLC going after practitioners and symbols of Islam as readily as it is to find examples of them going after practitioners and symbols of Christianity.

Go ahead and search- I'll wait.

Just checked current headlines. I looked at fox and CNN to balance it out. I looked at nation and world headlines. Fox had almost nothing relating to any religion. CNN had quite a few in world, all relating to Islam and none were supporting it.

I do agree with your general point, but think that Christianity is the dominant religion here, and because of that it makes a better target. I also think that Islam is a pretty new thing in most parts of the US. People don't understand it and because of that do not have educated opinions on Islam. Yes, I know some are. I know that. Most are not.
ohioboy
hunter

Postby assateague » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:34 am

ohioboy wrote:

Wait...are you saying that there ARE muslim groups on there? because if so, I don't see it. Here are the categories from your link, as those identified as "hate groups":

-Anti gay
-Anti immigrant
-Anti muslim
-Black separatist
-Christian identity
-Holocaust denial
-KKK
-Patriot movement
-Neo confederate
-Neo nazi
-Racist music
-Racist skinhead
-Radical traditional Catholicism
-Sovereign citizens movement
-White nationalist movement

Silly me, but nowhere in there do I see "Radical muslim group", "Traditional islamist", or anything of the sort. Where are they? Where are the organizations who believe that women can be forcibly circumcised, raped at will, or stoned to death for perceived slights?

Let's see what this liberal organization has to say about anti-gay groups:
Opposition to equal rights for gays and lesbians has been a central theme of Christian Right organizing and fundraising for the past three decades

Hmmm....no mention of the religion of peace followers who actually want to, and do in many places, execute homosexuals. Maybe there's a mention of muslim groups in the "holocaust deniers" category. Let's see:

The main purpose of Holocaust denial has been to rehabilitate the German Nazis’ image as part of a bid to make the ideology of national socialism more acceptable.

Quick, somebody tell Achmedinajad that he's really supporting the Nazis.

The fact is, my point is perfectly valid. I'll challenge you, or anyone else, to find examples of cases where the ACLU or a similar organization challenged the practicing or symbols of Islam. We are all familiar with the "crosses on public ground", "10 commandments int he courthouse", "no prayer in schools" and such. How about this- there have been more than a few cases of teachers not being allowed to wear a cross necklace. Now let's see how many cases there have been not allowing a teacher to wear her religiously mandated head covering.

It is a simple-minded love affair with Islam on the part of the left. Honestly, it reminds me of nothing more than a 15 year old girl who will hang out with a "bad boy" just to spite her parents, because they don't like him. There is no other rational reason, seeing as how Islam is against damn near everything the liberals espouse.

So go forth and search- come back with all these examples of Islam being targeted as Christianity is. Perhaps then I will give what you say a modicum of credence.
WOLVERINES

assateague

Postby ohioboy » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:38 am

WTN10 wrote:
ohioboy wrote:

The entire SPLC smacks of McCarthyism; the purpose of the organization is to identify people with views someone arbitrarily deemed unacceptable. I agree with nothing those listed therein espouse, but it's the a page right out of the Red Scare to go around deeming ideologies acceptable and unacceptable. Surprise, it's liberals doing it, too.

I agree. I was just using it since Assa brought it up.

Anyone know any other good sites?
ohioboy
hunter

Postby ohioboy » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:39 am

Assa, I was agreeing with you. None listed are Muslims.
ohioboy
hunter

Postby assateague » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:06 am

Gotcha.

As far as other sites, the ACLU is a good place to start. They now demonstrate the liberal infatuation with muslims by having several of them on their executive staff. I wonder when the last time they had practicing neo-nazis, or Christian church deacons as board members. You know, people who violate their "beliefs". But for some reason, muslims are "ok". Ridiculous.

The ACLU now counts at least eight Muslims on its national executive staff alone. In fact, a Muslim runs the ACLU’s Center for Democracy, while another heads its National Security Project.

The irony is not lost on Steve Emerson, director of the Investigative Project on Terrorism.

“The ACLU was founded on the basis that there shouldn’t be any blasphemy laws,” said Emerson, who’s airing a new documentary, “Jihad in America: The Grand Deception.” “Yet in the last 10 years, they’ve appointed (to their boards) members of the Muslim Brotherhood who believe in blasphemy laws.”

This is who’s controlling the agenda at the ACLU these days. It was bad enough when the group was run by leftists. Now it’s also run by Islamists.

Jameel Jaffer, who now heads the ACLU’s Center for Democracy after heading its National Security Project, happens to be pals with Tariq Ramadan, the grandson of the Egyptian founder of the radical Muslim Brotherhood who was denied a visa in 2004 after allegedly raising funds for Hamas terrorists.

Jaffer has lobbied the Justice Department to remove CAIR and other Brotherhood and Hamas front groups from its blacklist of groups complicit in a criminal conspiracy to raise money for terrorists.

He’s also pressured the FBI to purge names of Muslim terrorist suspects from the no-fly list.

What’s more, Jaffer wants to deny the feds one of its most effective weapons in the war on terror — freezing the assets of terrorist front groups. He’s also sued to kill the government’s drone program, perhaps its most effective weapon of all

Ironic- a muslim running a "Center for Democracy"
WOLVERINES

assateague

Postby vincentpa » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:59 am

Come on. There's democracy in Iran. People are allowed to vote.
In a free society, it is not the obligation of the citizen to prove to the government that he is a good person. It is the obligation of the government to prove to the rest of the citizenry that the citizen is a bad person, with probable cause.
vincentpa
hunter

Postby ohioboy » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:11 am

assateague wrote:Gotcha.

As far as other sites, the ACLU is a good place to start. They now demonstrate the liberal infatuation with muslims by having several of them on their executive staff. I wonder when the last time they had practicing neo-nazis, or Christian church deacons as board members. You know, people who violate their "beliefs". But for some reason, muslims are "ok". Ridiculous.

The ACLU now counts at least eight Muslims on its national executive staff alone. In fact, a Muslim runs the ACLU’s Center for Democracy, while another heads its National Security Project.

The irony is not lost on Steve Emerson, director of the Investigative Project on Terrorism.

“The ACLU was founded on the basis that there shouldn’t be any blasphemy laws,” said Emerson, who’s airing a new documentary, “Jihad in America: The Grand Deception.” “Yet in the last 10 years, they’ve appointed (to their boards) members of the Muslim Brotherhood who believe in blasphemy laws.”

This is who’s controlling the agenda at the ACLU these days. It was bad enough when the group was run by leftists. Now it’s also run by Islamists.

Jameel Jaffer, who now heads the ACLU’s Center for Democracy after heading its National Security Project, happens to be pals with Tariq Ramadan, the grandson of the Egyptian founder of the radical Muslim Brotherhood who was denied a visa in 2004 after allegedly raising funds for Hamas terrorists.

Jaffer has lobbied the Justice Department to remove CAIR and other Brotherhood and Hamas front groups from its blacklist of groups complicit in a criminal conspiracy to raise money for terrorists.

He’s also pressured the FBI to purge names of Muslim terrorist suspects from the no-fly list.

What’s more, Jaffer wants to deny the feds one of its most effective weapons in the war on terror — freezing the assets of terrorist front groups. He’s also sued to kill the government’s drone program, perhaps its most effective weapon of all

Ironic- a muslim running a "Center for Democracy"

Where is this from? I can't find his religion anywhere.
ohioboy
hunter

Postby assateague » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:34 pm

http://ismailimail.wordpress.com/2010/04/17/jameel-jaffer-canadian-emerges-as-voice-for-detainees/

Comes from the "Ismaili Muslims in the News" section of their website.
WOLVERINES

assateague

Postby ohioboy » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:52 pm

assateague wrote:
http://ismailimail.wordpress.com/2010/04/17/jameel-jaffer-canadian-emerges-as-voice-for-detainees/

The link in your link actually says he is not a Muslim.
ohioboy
hunter

Postby assateague » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:59 pm

AAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

And in another stroke of blatant hypocrisy, I came across this one while looking at the ACLU. Almost as hypocritical as Obamacare workers being denied health benefits.

The ACLU, long known as a champion of fair labor standards, stands accused of violating its own workers’ rights. Last March, the ACLU, a nonprofit, began negotiating a new contract for its unionized staff, one void of major benefits employees had enjoyed since the 1970s. The requested concessions from union staff include smaller wage increases, health care costs, and other corporate money-saving measures. But one of the most contentious points, according to union members, is the ACLU’s demand that workers give up the basic "just cause" provision in their contract, which protects workers against wrongful termination by their employers.

Such a provision is one the ACLU has fought for around the nation and essentially protects workers from being fired without just cause. That it would strike it from some employee's contracts, according to union members, could set a troubling precedent.

Ironically, in recent years, the ACLU has been an outspoken critic of wrongful discharge, stating, "The magnitude of the problem is enormous." In fact, in 1998 and again in 2002, the ACLU published legislative briefs that advocated for nationwide "just cause" provisions as the "answer to injustice" in the workplace — the same provisions it is now seeking to jettison from some of its worker’s contracts.

http://www.policymic.com/articles/56393/exclusive-in-ironic-twist-aclu-workers-accuse-management-of-violating-their-rights
WOLVERINES

assateague

Postby assateague » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:03 pm

ohioboy wrote:
assateague wrote:

The link in your link actually says he is not a Muslim.

It says no such thing. It says he isn't a "practicing muslim" , whatever that means, which I find a little difficult to believe, seeing as how he speaks at Muslim Student associations, CAIR fundraisers, and the like.
WOLVERINES

assateague

Next

Return to Controversial Issues Forum