Amazing 1940s Photos of Occupied France

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Re: Amazing 1940s Photos of Occupied France

Postby slowshooter » Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:24 am

They aren't that rare. The hoi polloi in Paris had it different that those in rural areas or outside Paris. If you are relying on a series of photos of one area to gain understanding about what was going on throughout the country.... Well, that's not going to hold up with your local historian.
All this for a bowl of borscht.
slowshooter
hunter

Postby Andy W » Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:01 am

To think of all those years I wasted thinking Nazis were bad.
Andy W
hunter

Postby slowshooter » Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:21 pm

garyt wrote:
slowshooter wrote:They aren't that rare. The hoi polloi in Paris had it different that those in rural areas or outside Paris. If you are relying on a series of photos of one area to gain understanding about what was going on throughout the country.... Well, that's not going to hold up with your local historian.

Actually, it was no different anywhere in France...except areas full of Marxists trying to spread Communism and resistance fighters or sabateurs.
The photos sort of speak for themselves no?

I have a photo of my foot. It has a blister on it. That means every foot in the world has a blister.

:lol3:
slowshooter
hunter

Postby slowshooter » Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:45 pm

I have 21 pictures from a city. They define a whole occupied country. Doy. :lol3: :lol3:

How does your foot feel? You should use moleskin on it so that blister doesn't pop.
slowshooter
hunter

Postby slowshooter » Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:43 pm

garyt wrote:
slowshooter wrote:I have 21 pictures from a city. They define a whole occupied country. Doy. :lol3: :lol3:

How does your foot feel? You should use moleskin on it so that blister doesn't pop.

Show them then, but we know youre BSing...just like our junk history does.

No you mowwon. I was making fun of you for posting 21 pictures and supposing you could understand what was going on outside of the photographer's view finder.

There are over 100 similar photos of Paris France.
Nothing in France shut down..horse racing, church, Moulin Rouge, theatres, plays, markets, square.
Writers and those living in that period know the same is true.

You must be in your 20s.

Quite different from how the Japanese were treated in America during that time..

Your point is what? Are you Japanese?
slowshooter
hunter

Postby clampdaddy » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:07 pm

Hitler was a Jew.
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:06 pm

garyt wrote:
slowshooter wrote:No you mowwon. I was making fun of you for posting 21 pictures and supposing you could understand what was going on outside of the photographer's view finder.

Arent 21 photos enough for you to gauge what was really taking place?

And mowwon, I quoted Jean-Marie Le Pen saying Nazi occupation of France ‘wasn’t particularly inhumane’
Le Pen said nothing but the truth about the German occupation in France, it was a quite civilized occupation.
Some years ago he stated that the holocaust has been exaggerated, and was only a minor event of the WW2.
Again, objectively he said the truth, but was condemned to pay a fine of 180.000 € for that.
See, You can deny God, The Immaculate birth and conception, heaven or hell, but not that 6 million Jews died in a 2.5 car garage sized-vented room by use of bug spray, in 18 months, and it cannot be 1 less than 6 million, as is in 5,999,999 or lower or higher, if your research leads you to that truth.

Do you deny the photos of dead folks in actual camps or are you claiming they just weren't Jews.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby slowshooter » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:59 am

garyt wrote:
slowshooter wrote:No you mowwon. I was making fun of you for posting 21 pictures and supposing you could understand what was going on outside of the photographer's view finder.

I think it's more telling that all it takes is 21 photos of an occupied urban area and you know what is happening throughout an entire country. LOL!

Your foot hurt? I have a picture of mine and it hurts so yours must hurt as well! :lol3:

And mowwon, I quoted Jean-Marie Le Pen saying Nazi occupation of France ‘wasn’t particularly inhumane’
Le Pen said nothing but the truth about the German occupation in France, it was a quite civilized occupation.

He's a right wing nutjob. And you swing from his bag. :lol3:

Some years ago he stated that the holocaust has been exaggerated, and was only a minor event of the WW2.
Again, objectively he said the truth, but was condemned to pay a fine of 180.000 € for that.

See, I told you he was a nutjob.

See, You can deny God, The Immaculate birth and conception, heaven or hell,

I don't deny. I just don't care. If you want to engage in fantastical talk go for it. All that's on you. Don't drag me into your madness.

but not that 6 million Jews died in a 2.5 car garage sized-vented room by use of bug spray, in 18 months, and it cannot be 1 less than 6 million, as is in 5,999,999 or lower or higher, if your research leads you to that truth.

You want to deny millions Jews died that also on you. You're wrong but you seem to revel in that particular behavior.
slowshooter
hunter

Postby slowshooter » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:26 am

Who said they were?

Nice straw man. :lol3:
slowshooter
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:24 pm

What the he!! is going on? Take a few days off and DHC is invaded by Nazi sympathizers & holocaust deniers.

What's with the comparison between Nazi treatment of the French and American treatment of Japanese-Americans. They're not comparable. Not approving of Japanese detention camps, but when did France invade Germany? Friggin morons.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
dudejcb
hunter

Postby clampdaddy » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:56 pm

dudejcb wrote:What the he!! is going on? Take a few days off and DHC is invaded by Nazi sympathizers & holocaust deniers.....

Yeah, you missed it. All of us right and left wingers quit arguing for a day and a half so we could poke fun at the neo nazi wack job. :lol3:
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby assateague » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:07 pm

WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire

Postby AKPirate » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:24 pm

Hogans Heroes, one of the best shows ever. That blond secretary of Klink's was so hot!
AKPirate
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:35 pm

DavidLRoth wrote:
beretta24 wrote:
garyt wrote:

See, You can deny God, The Immaculate birth and conception, heaven or hell, but not that 6 million Jews died in a 2.5 car garage sized-vented room by use of bug spray, in 18 months, and it cannot be 1 less than 6 million, as is in 5,999,999 or lower or higher, if your research leads you to that truth.

Do you deny the photos of dead folks in actual camps or are you claiming they just weren't Jews.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2

The Red Cross was allowed to make unannounced visits to all German camps. (But Not Russia-USSR)
Never once was there discussion of a Holocaust, Death Camps, Gas Chambers or other claims.
The final report, which their tally had was 271,000 dead, claimed the deaths were caused 'by continual allied bombardment severely worsening already severe conditions in the camp'

The rail lines were cut off, allied bombing make it worse.
Im curious Mr Beretta, do you believe that 4 million died in this 2 car size room in 18 months while Germany was fighting 2 wars on 2 fronts?

That is a picture of a tour of one of the gas chambers WAY AFTER THE WAR! There were more than 1 BTW....
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby slowshooter » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:11 am

Where is the reply that says: But there is only one in the photo - so you must be lying!

LOL!
slowshooter
hunter

Postby slowshooter » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:38 am

No bullets were used to kill Jews in WWII. History proves it right Gunther? :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
slowshooter
hunter

Return to Controversial Issues Forum