Illegal Immigration Cost

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Illegal Immigration Cost

Postby cartervj » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:23 am

http://www.infowars.com/19-very-disturbing-facts-about-illegal-immigration-that-every-american-should-know/

The following are 19 very disturbing facts about illegal immigration that every American should know…

#1 57 percent of all households that are led by an immigrant (legal or illegal) are enrolled in at least one welfare program.

#2 According to one study, the cost to U.S. taxpayers of legalizing current illegal immigrants would be approximately 6.3 trillion dollars over the next 50 years.

#3 The Obama administration has distributed flyers that tell illegal immigrants that their immigration status will not be checked when they apply for food stamps.

#4 The Department of Homeland Security says that it has lost track of a million people that have entered this country but that appear never to have left.

#5 One out of every five children living in Los Angeles County has a parent that is in the country illegally.

#6 In one recent year, taxpayers in Los Angeles County spent 600 million dollars on welfare for children of illegal immigrants.

#7 Thanks to illegal immigration, California’s overstretched health care system is on the verge of collapse. Dozens of California hospitals and emergency rooms have shut down over the past decade because they could not afford to stay open after being endlessly swamped by illegal immigrants who were simply not able to pay for the services that they were receiving. As a result, the remainder of the health care system in the state of California is now beyond overloaded. This had led to brutally long waits, diverted ambulances and even unnecessary patient deaths. At this point, the state of California now ranks dead last out of all 50 states in the number of emergency rooms per million people.

#8 It has been estimated that U.S. taxpayers spend $12,000,000,000 a yearon primary and secondary school education for the children of illegal immigrants.

#9 It is estimated that illegal aliens make up approximately 30 percent of the population in federal, state and local prisons and that the total cost of incarcerating them is more than $1.6 billion annually.

#10 The federal government actually has a website that teaches immigrantshow to sign up for welfare programs once they arrive in the United States.

#11 The Obama administration recently introduced the very first “unmanned” border station along the Texas-Mexico border.

#12 The Obama administration has sued individual states such as Arizona that have tried to crack down on illegal immigration.

#13 According to the FBI, there are approximately 1.4 million gang members living in our cities. Illegal immigration has been one of the primary factors that has fueled the growth of these gangs.

#14 As I have written about previously, there are only about 200 police officers assigned to Chicago’s Gang Enforcement Unit to handle the estimated 100,000 gang members living in the city.

#15 Mexican drug cartels make approximately 6.6 billion dollars a year“exporting” illegal drugs to the United States.

#16 It is an open secret that Mexican drug cartels are openly conducting military operations inside the United States. The handful of border patrol agents that we have guarding the border are massively outgunned and outmanned.

#17 According to the Justice Department’s National Drug Intelligence Center, Mexican drug cartels were actively operating in 50 different U.S. cities in 2006. By 2010, that number had skyrocketed to 1,286.

#18 Overall, more than 55,000 people have been killed in drug-related violence in Mexico since 2006. That same level of violence will eventually show up in major U.S. cities unless something dramatic is done about illegal immigration.

#19 It is being projected that the Senate immigration bill will bring 33 million more people to the United States over the next decade.

One of the very few things that the federal government is actually required to do by the U.S. Constitution is to defend our borders, and unfortunately the Obama administration has willingly chosen to leave our borders completely wide open. In fact, you can go down to the Texas border right now and watch illegal immigrants hop right across the Rio Grande.
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
cartervj
hunter

Re: Illegal Immigration Cost

Postby SpinnerMan » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:38 am

Very interesting, but I don't get why it is relevant to the debate. I think it is a red herring.

If armed bank robbery were shown unequivocally to have a net societal benefit, would people argue for legalization and amnesty of armed bank robbery.

Foreign nationals have no right to be in the U.S. any more than anyone has a right to rob a bank at gun point.

BTW, if we legalize the foreign nationals that broke our immigration law because we don't want to [whatever the BS argument of the day is], who thinks we will be willing to [whatever the BS argument of the day is] all future foreign nationals that break our immigration laws or would we having the same debate in the future like we are now repeating the debate from the last time we did this a couple decades ago.

We need to crush employers that employ illegal immigrants. We need to harshly punish ANY that commits identity theft. If you want to be compassionate for the children of foreign nationals, don't allow their parents to be in the U.S illegally and find work easily and have a better life than what they left behind. It should be nearly impossible in 21st century America to get a job with anyone if you are a foreign national living illegally in the U.S. Put the rules in place to make it impossible and we can pay for free airline flights back to their home country for their entire family under the condition that if they are ever caught in the U.S. illegally again they face a mandatory minimum jail time and confiscation of whatever personal property that they have with them up to 10 times the value of the airline tickets.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby slowshooter » Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:11 pm

garyt wrote:
Mexico would overthrow their corrupt Zionist Govt (Powder Keg) were it not for the US Border, which acts as a pressure valve.

I've said this before. No one here will ever believe it.
All this for a bowl of borscht.
slowshooter
hunter

Postby TXGold » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:07 am

Have fun paying $10 for a burrito........Illegals pay into the ponzi scheme and employers match or you get audited by workforce/irs for having no employees on payroll. Illegals don't see a dime of the benefits from the broken system they pay into. Most Illegals work their ass off and live with four roommates doing the same thing, all while having two jobs and sending half pay home to their families. The ones mentioned in the stats from super freaks website need to be thrown out of the country, but the answer isn't to just throw them all out even if you could and the answer isn't to give them all citizenship, reelecting the losers in charge in DC now. It's a complicated situation and anyone you know that says illegals don't pay tax needs to pull their head out of their ass and take a real look at what is going on. Why do you think Perry called it all a ponzi scheme. He knows and his buddies are telling him we need these guys here cause the mouth breathers and water heads aren't gonna do this work. IRS doesn't send letters out saying SSN doesn't match unless the illegals are paid contract labor, if paid as an employee no letter is sent so the tax revenue keeps pouring in and they no it won't ever get paid out, ie ssn doesn't match. think about it. And again have fun paying more in construction costs and services like roofing that lazy entitled wastes of space won't ever do. Look at generational farms in AL closing doors cause there is no labor, and money doesn't matter within reason ie 7.25-12/hr, they won't show back up for work the next day after ten hour day or two...
TXGold
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:30 am

TXGold wrote:Most Illegals work their ass off
I heard James gang worked their ass of too :huh:

BTW, not the illegals that my brother worked with at the warehouse. The only people that I hear say this are those that don't work with foreign nationals breaking our immigration, identity, and work laws. Those that do say they are a mixed bag like American workers :eek:

TXGold wrote:It's a complicated situation
It always is when you are looking for an excuse to ignore criminal activity that every believes should remain criminal activity. Nobody is calling for the repeal of our immigration laws. What they did is a crime and should be a crime or do you think we should have unrestricted immigration?

TXGold wrote:the answer isn't to just throw them all out
And that is why nobody is calling for that. Might as well say the answer isn't to execute them all because nobody is calling for that either.

The answer is to absolutely hammer the Americans that hire them knowingly and create a system where their is no excuse for not knowing that you are hiring an illegal.

These hard working people were able to travel to where the work is, so if the work dries up, they will be just as capable of going wherever they need to find work will they not?

There are a number of other things we need to do, but seriously punishing the Americans breaking the law is one of the foremost.

TXGold wrote:He knows and his buddies are telling him we need these guys here cause the mouth breathers and water heads aren't gonna do this work.
They would just curl up and die if they couldn't find other work or get welfare :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

This is total BS BTW. Foreign nationals working illegally in the U.S. are typically working with Americans that are already doing these job AND WOULD GET PAID MORE IF THEY DID NOT HAVE TO COMPETE FOR THOSE JOBS WITH FOREIGN NATIONALS.

I believe this was the same argument for slavery, but somehow the economy managed when this forced labor was lost. We lose the ability to pay low skilled Americans a lot less because they don't have to compete with low skilled foreigners, we will manage just fine :thumbsup:
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby TXGold » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:45 am

The gvmt is behind a lot of this. And also you are in Joliet, IL, I am in TX. We need Latin labor down here, or we end up with knuckle-draggers with horrible attitude, sagging pants, criminal mindset and no work or family ethics filling jobs and generally unpleasant to interact with at the service counter or cash register. This labor force is the only one left that is willing to work hard to support their families and make an honest wage, in entry level jobs. Even lawyers coming out of law school think they should be making $150K. And the "they broke the law" line is horse crap. The average citizen is always breaking the law and the law is set up this way so they can "handle" you when and how they want. Here https://patricksperry.wordpress.com/2009/10/25/the-average-american-commits-about-three-federal-felonies-per-day/ is one source of many on this topic.

Americans these days have an entitled attitude, and want the lowest price for a service. Employers who pay an asinine amount of taxes are left holding the candle and it won't be long before they say **** it, and get a job in a cubicle for a corporation, eliminating a lot of jobs and competition with other businesses, which keeps costs down. Additionally when a local spends money at a local business the money spent interacts with 8 different businesses before it leaves the local economy, in our city. When there are no local businesses it goes to either coast most times to a faceless corporation or even overseas.

The Southern economy was decimated by Yankees and it took a civil war to resolve the issue, so no good metaphor with slavery.

These are some of the taxes that small business pays.

-15% FICA tax on personal wages and all profit. And that's on employer side 7.65% and again on employee side so +15% on profit just for FICA(SS and MC and UE) taxes.
-Employers match FICA tax on all employees and previously for a few years, PAID MORE until the amount returned to previous percentage of 7.65%. Fed gave employees a minute relief but kept employers at 7.65%.
-If a fired employee draws unemployment, employers are forced to pay a higher percentage for ALL employees until the unemployment benefits paid out are covered, never mind that prior to any UE claim benefits paid, employers paid a percentage into the pool/ponzi to cover benefits for this exact scenario. And you might think that UE is paid out for unjust termination. This is not true, almost any termination or even if employees quit, it will result in an approved claim to the employee in most cases.(illegals should rightly be provided this if they pay into the system, but aren't elligible).
-Property tax at their leased/owned business real property
-Business property tax such as inventory on hand, equipment, furnishings(couches), computers anything at a business that is inside the walls and used for normal course of business is taxed at the county level here.
-Permit fees for occupancy, and a hundred other reasons are at the state, county and local level
-Drainage fees for impervious material
-Impact fees for water and sewage
-Building Permits any time a company needs to be changed with construction

It's ridiculous and illegals, which are paid as employees and taxed as legal employees but receive no benefits and pay into a system that is not going to be around when it's time for me to draw Social Security. This band aids SS a little more.

I don't want to say I have the answer, but personally I don't want to pay double for chicken breast or cucumbers at the grocery store, or for my dry cleaning, or for construction costs. Just wait until inflation hits and add in no laborers to work or support the ponzi Social Security and you have a recipe for a major disaster with the economy. Send the trouble makers home, make a worker visa program managed by Visa/MC/AMEX and secure the border and allow the CBP to do there job or states to enforce federal law if feds refuse to, and you might have a decent alternative to giving everyone citizenship. Also no voting, ever for illegals or visa holders, or for that matter those on entitlements. Throw in term limits and I think you got a real fix to this country.
TXGold
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:26 am

TXGold wrote:The gvmt is behind a lot of this. And also you are in Joliet, IL, I am in TX. We need Latin labor down here, or we end up with knuckle-draggers with horrible attitude, sagging pants, criminal mindset and no work or family ethics filling jobs and generally unpleasant to interact with at the service counter or cash register.
So how did the gas boom in North Dakota get all the labor they needed? :huh: Must be Latin labor because I doubt there were anywhere close to enough locals to fill the job.

You WANT Latin labor because that is what is known. Change is hard, but justifying criminal behavior is how you end up with a society of knuckle-draggers with horrible attitude, sagging pants, and especially a criminal mindset.

Do you at least have a sense of irony when you are defending criminal behavior while complaining about a criminal mindset?

TXGold wrote:Even lawyers coming out of law school think they should be making $150K.
So? They can think they are worth a million a year. New grads are not well know for their good judgment. Still young and dumb until they get some real world experience.

TXGold wrote:The average citizen is always breaking the law and the law is set up this way so they can "handle" you when and how they want.
Gee politicians fostering a criminal mindset :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

The solution, stop breaking the law so that they can't "handle" you when and how they want :yes:

TXGold wrote:Americans these days have an entitled attitude, and want the lowest price for a service.
That's been true since the beginning of time. Do you choose to overpay? Did our founders choose to overpay? When I go to the store, if they were giving away what I had planned on buying, I'd take it. Wouldn't you?

TXGold wrote:The Southern economy was decimated by Yankees and it took a civil war to resolve the issue, so no good metaphor with slavery.
So if not for that, the south would not have been able to transition from a slave economy without it's economy being destroyed? :huh: The point was, would you have argued for the continuation of slavery because of its economic benefits or would you have argued for the end to something everybody agrees is a crime?

Foreign nationals working and living illegally in the U.S. is NOT something that people are arguing for eliminating as a crime. These foreign nationals have broken laws that the vast majority believe are fundamentally legitimate and necessary. They didn't get tripped up by a technicality. They chose to break legitimate laws. I don't blame them. If I lived in a cesspool like Mexico and the U.S. had such a terrible system, I would say screw the Americans and do the same thing to help my family. That's why we need to go after the Americans that are committing the crimes and punish them harshly. Why would a Mexican give a damn about the the American worker that loses his job or is forced to accept lower pay because he has to compete with a foreign national?

TXGold wrote:These are some of the taxes that small business pays.
So? Does that entitle them to be criminals? :huh:

TXGold wrote:It's ridiculous and illegals, which are paid as employees and taxed as legal employees but receive no benefits and pay into a system that is not going to be around when it's time for me to draw Social Security. This band aids SS a little more.
Until they are legalized and what do you want to bet that they get to claim all those benefits that they are "entitled" to when they worked by stealing an American's identity?

TXGold wrote:I don't want to say I have the answer, but personally I don't want to pay double for chicken breast or cucumbers at the grocery store, or for my dry cleaning, or for construction costs.
Sounds like you have bought into the criminal mindset. If I benefit from a crime, I'm going to look the other way :no:

TXGold wrote:Just wait until inflation hits and add in no laborers to work or support the ponzi Social Security and you have a recipe for a major disaster with the economy.
Now is the perfect time. There are a massive number of Americans that are unemployed. End the insane period of unemployment benefits. Slash welfare benefits. The economy is in the crapper and unemployment is sky high.

Businesses are clever and they will adapt without disaster ensuing. Sure when prohibition ended, many criminal organizations suffered, but the economy adapts and moves on with little notice. People are clever and they will find a way to make a buck and you do that by charging less than the competition and not more. :yes:
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:46 am

White and black folk won't do the work because they are getting up to $7,000 a month in welfare benefits. Why work hard when you can suck off the system.

Kill welfare and tell the lazy SOB's they and their kids are gonna starve and they would do the work. Tossing the illegals out is not that hard. They tossed 30 million out at the end of WWII to ensure that the returning GI's would have work. Illegals are only one part of the problem.

For once or is it twice Slow and I agree. :huh:
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:57 am

ScaupHunter wrote:Kill welfare and tell the lazy SOB's they are gonna starve and lose their kids and they would do the work.

FIFY.

ScaupHunter wrote:Why work hard when you can suck off the system.
Retirement is what we all work towards. If the government gives you enough that you can retire at 18 as long as you keep your expectations low, there is literally no reason to work. People work to get what they want, if they get it without having to work, they won't. Why would they? I know a whole lot of people that aspire to very little and feel confident that they can get by as a mooch and they seem to manage to do it.

ScaupHunter wrote:Tossing the illegals out is not that hard.
I don't think it is necessary. Hey, they are just here for the work, so the work dries up, they will leave for the same reason they came in the first place.

Those that don't, when we run across them Image. If they come back again Image OK, just kidding on that, but jail time for repeat offenders and not simply, catch and release and wishing them better luck next time.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:51 pm

so, what does an illegal immigrant cost? If she's good looking I might be willing to pony up some cash.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
dudejcb
hunter

Postby WoodyWhiffingMG » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:23 pm

I cant believe we are having this debate as a country, we are a nation of laws, that is that.

If you break them, you pay consequences, you don’t get rewarded.
There are only two types of people in the world, those who love duck hunting and those who never have duck hunted.
WoodyWhiffingMG
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:37 pm

WoodyWhiffingMG wrote:we are a nation of laws
Yes, but the laws don't apply to people that are special and we are a nation where everyone thinks they are special, so that is that.

As long as you have some BS excuse, you don't need to worry about following the law nor be subject to the consequences of violating it.

If the law keeps me from having less expensive chicken and cucumbers, well screw the law and I'm a better person for rejecting the law :no:

That's the funny part about this. Nobody is calling for the repeal of the immigration laws that are being violated. Just keep them in place and what do we do with the next round of violators :huh: Oh, yeah, same as last time, and same as this time, make emotional pleas about the poor people harmed by their own criminal activity or the criminal activity of their parents. Crime is supposed to pay, don't you know, especially for the children of criminals who should never suffer because of the criminal actions of their parents. Why not pardon all parents? It's for the children after all. The child didn't do the crime. Why should they be forced to relocate with their parents? The horror of moving to another country with your parents. It's unthinkable. Maybe we should make it a crime for a parent to relocate with their family to Mexico or some other country if their child is American if it's so horrible.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby TXGold » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:46 pm

Forget it
TXGold
hunter

Postby vincentpa » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:48 pm

dudejcb wrote:so, what does an illegal immigrant cost? If she's good looking I might be willing to pony up some cash.

Me too!

My wife won't hire any of the good looking ones. I need me some illegal Pune tang.
In a free society, it is not the obligation of the citizen to prove to the government that he is a good person. It is the obligation of the government to prove to the rest of the citizenry that the citizen is a bad person, with probable cause.
vincentpa
hunter

Postby vincentpa » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:50 pm

In a free society, it is not the obligation of the citizen to prove to the government that he is a good person. It is the obligation of the government to prove to the rest of the citizenry that the citizen is a bad person, with probable cause.
vincentpa
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:34 am

WoodyWhiffingMG wrote:I cant believe we are having this debate as a country, we are a nation of laws, that is that.

Hate to break it to ya, but we are no longer a nation of laws any more. That is dead and gone. Were we a nation of laws, MF global would not have happened, the GM bailout screwing the investors for the sake of the unions would not have happened, Massive naked short positions on the CME would not occur....

Yep, dead and gone woody......
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby beretta24 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:37 am

Indaswamp wrote:
WoodyWhiffingMG wrote:I cant believe we are having this debate as a country, we are a nation of laws, that is that.

Hate to break it to ya, but we are no longer a nation of laws any more. That is dead and gone. Were we a nation of laws, MF global would not have happened, the GM bailout screwing the investors for the sake of the unions would not have happened, Massive naked short positions on the CME would not occur....

Yep, dead and gone woody......

But I'll still vote for those that want to bring it back. We've been here before,maybe not this bad, but we've been here.
beretta24
State Moderator

Return to Controversial Issues Forum