Ohio- This The "Discussion"?

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Re: Ohio- This The "Discussion"?

Postby assateague » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:03 pm

Glimmerjim wrote:
assateague wrote:Because I disagree vehemently with what you believe I "have issues". I see. Speaks volumes. That seems to be quite the lazy way to attempt to support an argument.

And the fact that you chose to go down the path you did means I'm done with you. You make assertions about me and my parents? You can't educate a classroom full of half-interested high school kids, yet you deign to be an expert at analyzing someone? If you're too stupid to see that I don't talk my way around ANY topics, then there's not much I can do. So not only are you a chickenshit, but you are not terribly bright, either. Frankly, I'm so pissed off that I don't feel the need to aggravate myself any further. You're a fuckhead. And I most sincerely mean that. Goodbye.

C'mon AT. When you try to be so diplomatic the point becomes obscure. Just come right out and say what you think! :lol3:
I will give it to Ohio that both his abilities and his profession, of which he is justly proud, are constantly maligned here. So I think a little snippishness is to be tolerated. Perhaps a little too far this time? Maybe, but I think we've all done it at one time or another.


GJ, you and I have gone around a few times. Sometimes you make me so angry I want to cuss you, also :lol3: But I would never decide to claim that your parents abused you simply because we disagree. While I feel that some of our disagreements are very, very important, they are just viewpoint differences. However, to state that my parents neglected, molested, or abused me because I disagree with someone is simply over the line. Way, way over the line. And then he doubled down on it. So no, there is no "snippishness" here.

Moreover, I don't necessarily attack him. I believe that he embodies a big chunk of what is wrong with the educational system, namely, the penchant for placing blame anywhere BUT the educational system. While it's not always their fault, allowing certain things to continue, and turning a blind eye to horrible teachers and results is ludicrous. I've never maligned his abilities, until I have been provided with numerous contradictions and opportunities to do so. Pointing out those contradictions is hardly maligning. If someone is going to spout over and over again "IT'S THE PARENTS AND SOCIETY IT'S THE PARENTS AND SOCIETY IT'S THE PARENTS AND SOCIETY", then they will be ridiculed, pretty much whenever I feel like it. However, that is certainly no cause for taking it to the level he did. I don't think you do, either, but please don't excuse it.

How would you act if I said "You're obviously a liberal because your mom was a whore who slept around with everyone in the neighborhood"?
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
User avatar
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire
 
Posts: 21277
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:25 pm
Location: Eastern Shore, People's Republic of Maryland


Re: Ohio- This The "Discussion"?

Postby Glimmerjim » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:05 pm

ohioboy wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:
assateague wrote:Because I disagree vehemently with what you believe I "have issues". I see. Speaks volumes. That seems to be quite the lazy way to attempt to support an argument.

And the fact that you chose to go down the path you did means I'm done with you. You make assertions about me and my parents? You can't educate a classroom full of half-interested high school kids, yet you deign to be an expert at analyzing someone? If you're too stupid to see that I don't talk my way around ANY topics, then there's not much I can do. So not only are you a chickenshit, but you are not terribly bright, either. Frankly, I'm so pissed off that I don't feel the need to aggravate myself any further. You're a fuckhead. And I most sincerely mean that. Goodbye.

C'mon AT. When you try to be so diplomatic the point becomes obscure. Just come right out and say what you think! :lol3:
I will give it to Ohio that both his abilities and his profession, of which he is justly proud, are constantly maligned here. So I think a little snippishness is to be tolerated. Perhaps a little too far this time? Maybe, but I think we've all done it at one time or another.


Jim, apparently i hit a button. I think my reaction and his will speak for themselves. The thread is directed at me. Fair. I push back and he does not like that. Bullies dont like it when things dont go thier way.



and who knew chickenshit and fuckhead would make it through the filters.

I think it's like FOX News. Just depends who says it whether it's applauded or censored! :lol3:
Glimmerjim
hunter
 
Posts: 10870
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:41 am

Re: Ohio- This The "Discussion"?

Postby assateague » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:40 pm

GJ, you're a liberal because your mom's a whore.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
User avatar
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire
 
Posts: 21277
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:25 pm
Location: Eastern Shore, People's Republic of Maryland

Re: Ohio- This The "Discussion"?

Postby WTN10 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:17 pm

AT is not one to varnish his words, and given the circumstances, I don't think he ought to.
2014 Season Totals:
Mallards: 243
Redheads: 114
Woodducks: 119
Grebes: 36
Blue Geese: 134
Snow Geese: 178
Hawks: 4
User avatar
WTN10
hunter
 
Posts: 14099
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:02 pm
Location: Western Tunisia

Re: Ohio- This The

Postby assateague » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:24 pm

There is of course another alternative, which never seemed to enter ohioboy's mind:

I don't like central authority because I don't like having my life run by people who are dumber than I.


Perhaps now we can read a little more into ohio's defense of centralized authority figures, and reflexive lashing out at his betters.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
User avatar
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire
 
Posts: 21277
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:25 pm
Location: Eastern Shore, People's Republic of Maryland

Re: Ohio- This The

Postby WTN10 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:48 pm

assateague wrote:I don't like central authority because I don't like having my life run by people who are dumber than I.


Obviously you were abused then.
2014 Season Totals:
Mallards: 243
Redheads: 114
Woodducks: 119
Grebes: 36
Blue Geese: 134
Snow Geese: 178
Hawks: 4
User avatar
WTN10
hunter
 
Posts: 14099
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:02 pm
Location: Western Tunisia

Re: Ohio- This The "Discussion"?

Postby assateague » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:10 pm

Obviously.

Ohioboy reminded me of the master of passive-aggressive, John Irving. Maybe I'll borrow a line from Owen Meany, and refer to ohioboy as a "non-practicing homosexual", and see how loudly he protests.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
User avatar
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire
 
Posts: 21277
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:25 pm
Location: Eastern Shore, People's Republic of Maryland

Re: Ohio- This The

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:07 pm

assateague wrote:I don't like central authority because I don't like having my life run by people who are dumber than I.
And no matter how much higher there IQ may in fact be than yours, they are completely clueless about what you as an individual need and desire, so that puts the population that are not dumber than you in this regard at 100% minus one. Your wife, I'm sure she knows better :yes:
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
User avatar
SpinnerMan
hunter
 
Posts: 16324
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:24 am
Location: Joliet, IL

Re: Ohio- This The

Postby ohioboy » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:16 pm

assateague wrote:Obviously.

Ohioboy reminded me of the master of passive-aggressive, John Irving. Maybe I'll borrow a line from Owen Meany, and refer to ohioboy as a "non-practicing homosexual", and see how loudly he protests.


Ouch. Back to insults. Shocker.

Just to be clear, you do go at me Assa. You do call names. Fuckhead is a good one. Plenty of others, i just dont care enough to cut and paste. And I am glad you know my teaching abilities from the dhc forums.

Oh, and the statement "they will be ridiculed, pretty much whenever I feel like it" is very charming.
User avatar
ohioboy
hunter
 
Posts: 2356
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: MoCo, MD

Re: Ohio- This The

Postby ohioboy » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:19 pm

assateague wrote:There is of course another alternative, which never seemed to enter ohioboy's mind:

I don't like central authority because I don't like having my life run by people who are dumber than I.


Perhaps now we can read a little more into ohio's defense of centralized authority figures, and reflexive lashing out at his betters.


Go for it.

Oh, and is passive aggressive (your words) considered lashing?
User avatar
ohioboy
hunter
 
Posts: 2356
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: MoCo, MD

Re: Ohio- This The

Postby Glimmerjim » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:18 pm

assateague wrote:GJ, you're a liberal because your mom's a whore.

Now there you are entirely wrong, AT. I'm a bastard because my mom's a whore, not a liberal. :lol3:
Glimmerjim
hunter
 
Posts: 10870
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:41 am

Re: Ohio- This The "Discussion"?

Postby Glimmerjim » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:29 pm

assateague wrote: GJ, you and I have gone around a few times. Sometimes you make me so angry I want to cuss you, also :lol3: But I would never decide to claim that your parents abused you simply because we disagree. While I feel that some of our disagreements are very, very important, they are just viewpoint differences. However, to state that my parents neglected, molested, or abused me because I disagree with someone is simply over the line. Way, way over the line. And then he doubled down on it. So no, there is no "snippishness" here.

How would you act if I said "You're obviously a liberal because your mom was a whore who slept around with everyone in the neighborhood"?



I guess I was really trying more to defuse the situation than reason it out, AT. I have said things here, either mistakenly or "under the influence", that I really regretted saying later, so I try to give everyone the same latitude. And that statement about my Mom's a lie. She never touched that gay guy down the street. Not that she didn't try, bless her heart! :lol3:
Glimmerjim
hunter
 
Posts: 10870
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:41 am

Re: Ohio- This The "Discussion"?

Postby assateague » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:30 am

I'm not much of a "defuser". More of a "throw a grenade on it and drive on" type.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
User avatar
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire
 
Posts: 21277
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:25 pm
Location: Eastern Shore, People's Republic of Maryland

Re: Ohio- This The

Postby Glimmerjim » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:43 pm

assateague wrote:I'm not much of a "defuser". More of a "throw a grenade on it and drive on" type.

:lol3: :lol3: Not always here, but by nature I'm more the "Can't we all just get along" Rodney King type. Sadly, after his drunken driving and scuffling with the police episode I realized we had more in common (when MUCH younger) than I realized! The difference was I didn't moan about getting my ass whipped. I knew I'd gotten exactly what I deserved!
Glimmerjim
hunter
 
Posts: 10870
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:41 am

Previous

Return to Controversial Issues Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: SpinnerMan and 5 guests