Indaswamp wrote:old testament...got anything from the new testament?
"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." - Is that a backhanded compliment?
"If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters—yes, even their own life—such a person cannot be my disciple." - What is this, Amway?Lessons not learned by any Conservative... ever.
Don't plan for the future. (Matthew 6:34)
Don't save money. (Matthew 6:19-20)
Don't become wealthy. (Mark 10:21-25)
Sell everything and give it to the poor. (Luke 12:33)
Don't work to obtain food. (John 6:27)
Don't have sexual urges. (Matthew 5:28)
Make people want to persecute you. (Matthew 5:11) ... well, OK... maybe not that one.
Let everyone know you are better than the rest. (Matthew 5:13-16) .. or that one.
If someone steals from you, don't try to get it back. (Luke 6:30)
If someone hits you, invite them to do it again. (Matthew 5:39)
If you lose a lawsuit, give more than the judgment. (Matthew 5:40) Party on, Prince of Peace!
"Do not think that I have come to bring peace upon earth. I have come to bring not peace but the sword. For I have come to set a man 'against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and one's enemies will be those of his household"Livestock rustling is illegal!
"When they drew near Jerusalem and came to Bethphage on the Mount of Olives, Jesus sent two disciples, saying to them, "Go into the village opposite you, and immediately you will find an ass tethered, and a colt with her. Untie them and bring them here to me."Smart-asses....
69 The infant Christ was taken into Egypt
The infant Christ was not taken into Egypt
Luke 2:22, 39
70. Christ was tempted in the wilderness
Christ was not tempted in the wilderness
71. Christ preached his first sermon on the mount
Christ preached his first sermon on the plain
72. John was in prison when Jesus went into Galilee
John was not in prison when Jesus went into Galilee
John 1:43/ John 3:22-24
73. Christ's disciples were commanded to go forth with a staff
Christ's disciples were commanded to go forth with neither
staffs nor sandals.
74. A woman of Canaan besought Jesus
It was a Greek woman who besought Him
75. Two blind men besought Jesus
Only one blind man besought Him
76. Christ was crucified at the third hour
Christ was not crucified until the sixth hour
77. The two thieves reviled Christ.
Matt 27:44/ Mark 15:32
Only one of the thieves reviled Christ
78. Satan entered into Judas while at supper
Satan entered into him before the supper
79. Judas committed suicide by hanging
Judas did not hang himself, but died another way
80. The potter's field was purchased by Judas
The potter's field was purchased by the Chief Priests
81. There was but one woman who came to the sepulchre
There were two women who came to the sepulchre
82. There were three women who came to the sepulchre
There were more than three women who came to the sepulchre
83. It was at sunrise when they came to the sepulchre
It was some time before sunrise when they came.
84. There were two angels seen by the women at the sepulchre, and
they were standing up.
There was but one angel seen, and he was sitting down.
85. There were two angels seen within the sepulchre.
There was but one angel seen within the sepulchre
86. Christ was to be three days and three nights in the grave
Christ was but two days and two nights in the grave
Mark 15:25,42,44,45,46; 16:9>
87. Holy ghost bestowed at pentecost
Holy ghost bestowed before pentecost
88. The disciples were commanded immediately after the
resurrection to go into Galilee
The disciples were commanded immediately after the
resurrection to go tarry at Jerusalem
89. Jesus first appeared to the eleven disciples in a room at
Luke 24:33,36,37/ John 20:19
Jesus first appeared to the eleven on a mountain in Galilee
90. Christ ascended from Mount Olivet
Christ ascended from Bethany
91. Paul's attendants heard the miraculous voice, and stood
Paul's attendants heard not the voice and were prostrate
126. Worldly prosperity a reward of righteousness and a blessing
Mark 10:29,30/ Ps 37:25/ Ps 112:1,3/ Job 22:23,24/
Worldly prosperity a curse and a bar to future reward
Luke 6:20,24/ Matt 6:19,21/ Luke 16:22/ Matt 19:24/
127. The Christian yoke is easy
The Christian yoke is not easy
John 16:33/ 2 Tim 3:12/ Heb 12:6,