As a Democrat, I am disgusted with President Obama

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

As a Democrat, I am disgusted with President Obama

Postby Indaswamp » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:14 pm

...not me of course, I'm neither a republican nor a democrat...(though I am disgusted with Obama as President)
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/aug/22/democrat-disgusted-with-president-obama1
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Re: As a Democrat, I am disgusted with President Obama

Postby blackduckdog2 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:55 pm

On practically every issue this guy mentions, I concur. Liberals have never been happy with Obama, it's just that we've had a different set of concerns. In the past, Republicans have traditionally given the OK to government eavesdropping, in the interest of national security, while Democrats resisted. It's incredibly disappointing to see a Democrat president act so much like GWB in this regard.
"We have met the enemy, and he is us."
Walt Kelly, via Slow's avatar. Look it up
blackduckdog2
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:05 pm

blackduckdog2 wrote:On practically every issue this guy mentions, I concur. Liberals have never been happy with Obama, it's just that we've had a different set of concerns. In the past, Republicans have traditionally given the OK to government eavesdropping, in the interest of national security, while Democrats resisted. It's incredibly disappointing to see a Democrat president act so much like GWB in this regard.

from here on out, (unless it is a grass roots candidate and not one put forth by corporate interests) all candidates will follow the same mold, don't care if it's a D or an R. Our gov. is captured.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby don novicki » Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:10 pm

There are no, zero, zip, nada ,good politicians weather they are Liberal, Conservative, Dem or Repub.. Every one of them are nothing but liars, cheats and crooks. They all should be tarred feathered and ridden out of town on a rail............ :mad:
don novicki
hunter

Postby vincentpa » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:52 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:On practically every issue this guy mentions, I concur. Liberals have never been happy with Obama, it's just that we've had a different set of concerns. In the past, Republicans have traditionally given the OK to government eavesdropping, in the interest of national security, while Democrats resisted. It's incredibly disappointing to see a Democrat president act so much like GWB in this regard.

from here on out, (unless it is a grass roots candidate and not one put forth by corporate interests) all candidates will follow the same mold, don't care if it's a D or an R. Our gov. is captured.

The security state has been born. There is no walking it back. Peggy Noonan of the WSJ has been writing about it as only she does. I actually think BDD2 would appreciate her style of writing if not her opinion on this topic. She hits the nail on the head. I will post her last article, which is on this very topic. After reading it, you'll have no hope if you're a realist, even if she holds out hope this can be rolled back.
In a free society, it is not the obligation of the citizen to prove to the government that he is a good person. It is the obligation of the government to prove to the rest of the citizenry that the citizen is a bad person, with probable cause.
vincentpa
hunter

Postby Butta boom » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:42 pm

Certainly many of us are disgusted with the president. Every attribute he champions is violated almost as soon as the words are out of his mouth. But, the biggest disapointment should be with our so called free press.

Without the support of the press and free passes on every transgression, this guy never would have made a second term. The government control of our schools and colleges has literally brainwashed a generation of our children.

Very few youngsters can go through a college curriculum now without either adopting the ideology or fighting and maybe failing to defend their own ideals.

That is not what an education should consist of.

One is not supposed to end a sentence with a preposition, so let me re-do.

That is not what an education should consist of, butt.
Butta boom
hunter

Postby blackduckdog2 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:05 pm

vincentpa wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:

The security state has been born. There is no walking it back. Peggy Noonan of the WSJ has been writing about it as only she does. I actually think BDD2 would appreciate her style of writing if not her opinion on this topic. She hits the nail on the head. I will post her last article, which is on this very topic. After reading it, you'll have no hope if you're a realist, even if she holds out hope this can be rolled back.

Peggy Noonan and George Will have been my favorite conservative columnists for years, but Will gets the edge because he can talk baseball like a lifelong minor league manager
blackduckdog2
hunter

Postby sstermer » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:50 am

As an American Citizen I am disgusted with our president and the majority of our dis-functional govt. :fingerhead: :fingerhead: :fingerhead:

Just wondering how much worse it could get, before it gets better. :help:
Pass the tradition, introduce a child to the outdoors.
sstermer
hunter

Postby TomKat » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:53 am

Disappointing? When GWB was doing it, Dem's and the liberal media screamed bloody murder. When Obama the Dear Leader does it, its only disappointing??

This is no surprise to the followers of Dog Crap Theory.

Their is really no difference between the two piles of crap that pretend to represent the people.

And members of both parties have been in on the rape of the US constitution for a long time. The liberals, IMO, like to think they are somehow better people, therefore the Democraps are somehow a better, more pure party. Lets call them....pile #2.

Pile # 1 is just not nearly as clever at hiding their intentions.

In the end, when you step in a pile, EITHER pile, your feet tend to smell.....well, you get the idea.
TomKat
Dorothy

Postby beretta24 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:44 am

Butta boom wrote:Certainly many of us are disgusted with the president. Every attribute he champions is violated almost as soon as the words are out of his mouth. But, the biggest disapointment should be with our so called free press.

Without the support of the press and free passes on every transgression, this guy never would have made a second term. The government control of our schools and colleges has literally brainwashed a generation of our children.

Very few youngsters can go through a college curriculum now without either adopting the ideology or fighting and maybe failing to defend their own ideals.

That is not what an education should consist of.

One is not supposed to end a sentence with a preposition, so let me re-do.

That is not what an education should consist of, butt.

The press has largely been "controlled" or influenced by political parties and bipartisan individuals even before we had a functioning government.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby SpinnerMan » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:01 am

I find this particularly funny

I supported Hillary Clinton first.

Is this really the legacy you want for yourself: the chief executive who trampled rights, destroyed privacy, heightened secrecy, ruined trust, and worst of all, did not defend but instead detoured around so many of the fundamental principles on which this country is founded?

Yet his first choice was a Clinton. :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

Firing the people in the travel office, billing records under subpoena mysteriously just appearing in the White House, ...

As a journalist, I am frightened by your vengeful attacks on whistleblowers

Yeah, the Clinton's never vengefully attacked anyone :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

blackduckdog2 wrote:Liberals have never been happy
They never are. That's why they feel the need to muck around in every aspect of everyone's life while getting upset that the all intrusive government they sought intrudes upon them.

blackduckdog2 wrote:Republicans have traditionally given the OK to government eavesdropping, in the interest of national security, while Democrats resisted.
While politicians are politicians, the difference between liberals and conservatives is that liberals seem unable to tell the difference between Americans and foreign nationals. Spying on foreigners is very different than spying on Americans. Also, the concept of borders seems baffling to liberals. No one has a right to send anything whether property or information across an international border without the potential scrutiny of the government where it is being sent. Liberals also like to pretend we are not at war and all that that means, although that goes far beyond liberals. However, when they do realize how serious that is they often over react and send Americans to internment camps or support rampant spying. I think Obama was in denial and then he became President and realized we are actually in a shooting (or blowing up) war and Image
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby cartervj » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:00 am

obama-on-american-flag-5-300x201.jpg
obama-on-american-flag-5-300x201.jpg (30.13 KiB) Viewed 484 times
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
cartervj
hunter

Postby blackduckdog2 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:56 am

SpinnerMan wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:Republicans have traditionally given the OK to government eavesdropping, in the interest of national security, while Democrats resisted.
While politicians are politicians, the difference between liberals and conservatives is that liberals seem unable to tell the difference between Americans and foreign nationals. Spying on foreigners is very different than spying on Americans. Also, the concept of borders seems baffling to liberals. No one has a right to send anything whether property or information across an international border without the potential scrutiny of the government where it is being sent. Liberals also like to pretend we are not at war and all that that means, although that goes far beyond liberals. However, when they do realize how serious that is they often over react and send Americans to internment camps or support rampant spying. I think Obama was in denial and then he became President and realized we are actually in a shooting (or blowing up) war and Image
And you feel confident about this because conservatives have never felt the need to engage in domestic surveillance, right? :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
blackduckdog2
hunter

Postby blackduckdog2 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:12 am

Oh, and while I well understand your need for the cheap shot, Spinner, truncating my quotes to facilitate that need is a little low, don'tcha find it? Thus, turning "Liberals have never been happy with this president", which is what I said, into "Liberals have never been happy" PERIOD, so that you could go off on one of your patented college sophomore thumbnail psychoanalyses of the liberal mind, may have felt orgasmically good, but it makes you look devious at best, lazy at neutral and flat out stupid at worst. Take your pick
blackduckdog2
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:09 am

blackduckdog2 wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:
And you feel confident about this because conservatives have never felt the need to engage in domestic surveillance, right? :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

Politicians are politicians. Never forget that. None, not one of them should be trusted. It's just good old practical common sense.

The big problem is that it is popular to be a conservative. Hell even Romney tried to pretend to be one. So I am certain that you can find self-described conservatives that support basically unchecked government power in one area or another and that gives those that are serious about the truth a bad name. Where do you find a liberal that is for a checked government prevented from doing something that they want done?

BTW, I agree that leftists have usurped the liberal label, but I just don't see the liberals condemning them, but with rare exception. Those of us on the right fight among ourselves all the time because it is about right and wrong and not winning and feeling superior. It's about results, positive beneficial results.

Domestic spying must cross an extremely high hurdle with very solid facts behind it. If true, who wouldn't be behind it? :huh: Spying on foreigners on the other hand is a whole different thing. It gets blurry when the foreigners are living in the U.S. or communicating with Americans.

blackduckdog2 wrote:Oh, and while I well understand your need for the cheap shot, Spinner, truncating my quotes to facilitate that need is a little low, don'tcha find it? Thus, turning "Liberals have never been happy with this president", which is what I said, into "Liberals have never been happy" PERIOD, so that you could go off on one of your patented college sophomore thumbnail psychoanalyses of the liberal mind, may have felt orgasmically good, but it makes you look devious at best, lazy at neutral and flat out stupid at worst. Take your pick

You just made it easy to get under your skin :yes:
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby blackduckdog2 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:43 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:You just made it easy to get under your skin :yes:

Fair enough
blackduckdog2
hunter

Postby slowshooter » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:30 pm

That writer is a whiner.

He should be disgusted with how our government (including the oval office) is beholden to business. If you allow an oligarchy to blossom - eventually it owns everything.
All this for a bowl of borscht.
slowshooter
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:20 pm

slowshooter wrote:That writer is a whiner.

He should be disgusted with how our government (including the oval office) is beholden to business. If you allow an oligarchy to blossom - eventually it owns everything.

"Permit me to issue and control the money of a nation, and I care not who makes its laws!" Mayer Amschel Rothschild

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby slowshooter » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:14 pm

Indaswamp wrote:

"Permit me to issue and control the money of a nation, and I care not who makes its laws!" Mayer Amschel Rothschild

Eventually people are going to look around, and stop talking about the government and look at the system that feeds it full of people that are moneychangingho-bags.

When that happens, all the the graduates from Harvard are going to off the grid and bide their time, until at some point they can walk the streets without being hung.
slowshooter
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:20 pm

"When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes… Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain.” – Napoleon Bonaparte, Emperor of France, 1815

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby slowshooter » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:21 pm

Yawn.
slowshooter
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:22 pm

slowshooter wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:

Eventually people are going to look around, and stop talking about the government and look at the system that feeds it full of people that are moneychangingho-bags.

When that happens, all the the graduates from Harvard are going to off the grid and bide their time, until at some point they can walk the streets without being hung.

Not likely...
“The few who understand the system will either be so interested in its profits or be so dependent upon its favours that there will be no opposition from that class, while on the other hand, the great body of people, mentally incapable of comprehending the tremendous advantage that capital derives from the system, will bear its burdens without complaint, and perhaps without even suspecting that the system is inimical to their interests.” The Rothschild brothers of London writing to associates in New York, 1863.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:23 pm

If you want to understand how the world works-study the history of finance.....

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby slowshooter » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:48 pm

Indaswamp wrote:If you want to understand how the world works-study the history of finance.....

This from the guy that can't tell the difference between Detroit 1908 and Washington 2013. :lol3:
slowshooter
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:05 pm

slowshooter wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:If you want to understand how the world works-study the history of finance.....

This from the guy that can't tell the difference between Detroit 1908 and Washington 2013. :lol3:

the FED was created in 1913. Learn finance history.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to Controversial Issues Forum