U.S.- War with Syria?

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Re: U.S.- War with Syria?

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:40 pm

ScaupHunter wrote:What I find endlessly amusing about this whole thing is that the liberals are pushing for the exact same thing Bush pushed for while they screamed and fought then voted for it. Except Obama of course. Now Obama wants to do the same thing with less justification, is blaming everyone but himself, and it is all about him feeling good about doing something. He is going to save people we don't care about, by killing people we don't care about, in a manner in which we have no legal standing to perform. We had an interest in Iraq becuase of the previous war. We had UN backing for the first war, and allied support during the second war.

Now we have only the French in support? Using the French as a supporting element is like trying to protect the hen house from the fox with a frog! :fingerhead:

I do appreciate that our liberal folks on here are at least not trying to justify this behavior by our idiot in chief. He is clearly a man with no morals, no compass on reality, and very clearly no memory of his past stands and actions.

:lol3: the French bailed on support.
BTW-Obama said he has not ruled out attacking without congressional approval. who will he blame then? Bush?
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:44 pm

ScaupHunter wrote:What I find endlessly amusing about this whole thing is that the liberals are pushing for the exact same thing Bush pushed for while they screamed and fought then voted for it.
:fingerpt: They are pushing for Bill Clinton bombing the aspirin factor and a few tents in Afghanistan or his multiple attack on Saddam's regime.

It makes perfect sense why liberals support the Clinton/Obama approach. It's the feel good, but do nothing of practical value solution or as you said

ScaupHunter wrote:it is all about him feeling good about doing nothing.
FIFY. That is not the same as Bush at all.

He's trying to do what Clinton did, but Clinton was articulate and persuasive. Obama is inarticulate and unpersuasive, but he would make a great news reader. In my adult lifetime we have gone from Ronald Reagan to Ron Burgundy.

And that worked so well, he did it again for a different reason in 1998.

Which came on the heels of his attack on the Sudanese aspirin factory and Al Qaeda in Afghanistan and we know how effective they were at putting the fear of American reprisal into bin Laden and his cohorts.

Bush was quoted as saying something to the effect that he isn't going to shoot a $2M missile at a $10 tent and hit a camel in the ass. Clinton and Obama both see nothing wrong with that approach. Clinton was able to sell it. Obama can't sell anything to anyone that hasn't already bought it.

Of course, there is a good argument that the Clinton failures were better because they cost less, which is a strong argument for doing nothing at all.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Andy W » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:13 pm

SpinnerMan wrote: Obama is inarticulate and unpersuasive, but he would make a great news reader.

Uh um are you uh sure um about that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHgH5i8ug6E
Andy W
hunter

Postby KaceyDucks » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:27 pm

Why oh why can't we just let the Muslims to continue exterminating each other? They have been doing this for thousands of years, why are we trying to stop them?
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants." -- Thomas Jefferson
KaceyDucks
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:40 pm

Andy W wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote: Obama is inarticulate and unpersuasive, but he would make a great news reader.

Uh um are you uh sure um about that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHgH5i8ug6E

He's not on the teleprompter is he? :no:

Ron Burgundy: he looks and sounds good while saying anything they put on the teleprompter and off of it, well he is a total idiot.

It was rerunning on some channel and I had it on in the background a couple times while working around the house. I'm telling there are a lot of uh um, yeah uh definitely too many similarities.

A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:47 pm

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/running-transcript-president-obamas-press-conference-in-russia/2013/09/06/7d1a39e0-16fd-11e3-804b-d3a1a3a18f2c_print.html
Another quote from the Ron Burgundy President: I did not put this before Congress, you know, just as a political ploy or as symbolism.

You know, it wan't just a political ploy, in addition to the political ploy and symbolism, there were other reasons too.

You know, he's not just an idiot.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:53 pm

Nope, Not just an idiot, a world class idiot! :devil:

He was awarded the Peace Prize for having tried to do something. Not successfully mind, just trying.

Does he lose it if he makes war legally or illegally on another nation?

I say that he should loose it for trying to start a war, not succesfully mind, just for trying.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:17 pm

ScaupHunter wrote:He was awarded the Peace Prize for having tried to do something. Not successfully mind, just trying.
I actually believe he was awarded the Peace Prize in order to put pressure on him to [surr]end[er] the war as promised and not get in office and realize, holy crap there are a lot of bag guys killing us and Bush was right there is an axis of evil in the world and they will never end their war until they end us and a few cruise missiles or a million drone strikes will make no difference.

ScaupHunter wrote:I say that he should loose it for trying to start a war, not succesfully mind, just for trying.
If he didn't draw the red line, then he didn't start the war did he? They started it, but he has no choice but to finish it, by drawing up attack plans guaranteed not to finish anything.

SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby High Sierras » Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:04 pm

Hey, cut him some slack... he's trying harder than either George Bush or Herbert Hoover to help Black-Americans out of the horrific slums the democrats didn't build! :lol3:
High Sierras
hunter

Postby assateague » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:15 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
assateague wrote:

You're changing your argument. Is the concern over "justified" (the original question) or is it over "morally questionable"? Although either way doesn't give us the right (legally) to do a damn thing. People scream about imposing one's morals on folks here in the states via legislation, but am I to believe that those same folks screaming to the heavens about that are fine with imposing our "morals" overseas via cruise missiles? Sure, makes a lot of sense.

How is it any different than the Nation of Islam imposing it's version of "What is right" on the world? You know...killing infidels, raping women and all that????

I'm not sure I understand your question.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:42 pm

assateague wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
assateague wrote:

You're changing your argument. Is the concern over "justified" (the original question) or is it over "morally questionable"? Although either way doesn't give us the right (legally) to do a damn thing. People scream about imposing one's morals on folks here in the states via legislation, but am I to believe that those same folks screaming to the heavens about that are fine with imposing our "morals" overseas via cruise missiles? Sure, makes a lot of sense.

How is it any different than the Nation of Islam imposing it's version of "What is right" on the world? You know...killing infidels, raping women and all that????

I'm not sure I understand your question.

Sorry Assa, it was more of a rhetorical question....

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby assateague » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:40 pm

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378518037.702211.jpg
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
assateague

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:48 pm

assateague wrote:

ZING!

1000 points to ASSA!

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Chilidawg » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:55 pm

assateague wrote:

Weren't there a bunch of Japanese boots on the ground in Malaya, Borneo, and the Philippines at that time?
Chilidawg
hunter

Postby assateague » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:09 pm

What's that got anything to do with the United States and Hawaii?
WOLVERINES

assateague

Postby assateague » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:30 pm

But given your logic, aren't there lots of America boots on the ground in Afghanistan, Korea, Iraq, and Japan? So (again, according to your logic used when commenting on the Pearl Harbor pic) if we launch anything at Syria, it IS an act of war. Interesting twist your argument took, isn't it?
WOLVERINES

assateague

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:34 pm

I'd sure love to see a satire of this song done with Obama and boots on da ground..... :lol3:

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby dudejcb » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:28 pm

Okay we probably shouldn't use precise missiles to knock out some pieces of Assad's machine.

Would it make a difference if he had poisoned Kurds? Jews?

What if I said Assad has yellow cake?

Or that he wants to partner up with Iran?... and Russia?

Deja' vu or self fulfilling prophecy?

The last time we had a sitch similar to this lots a folks were spoiling to attack Saddam. Any of those guys here now?
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
dudejcb
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:33 pm

dudejcb wrote:Okay we probably shouldn't use precise missiles to knock out some pieces of Assad's machine.

Would it make a difference if he had poisoned Kurds? Jews?

What if I said Assad has yellow cake?

Or that he wants to partner up with Iran?... and Russia?

Deja' vu or self fulfilling prophecy?

The last time we had a sitch similar to this lots a folks were spoiling to attack Saddam. Any of those guys here now?

2 can play that game....what if the rebels did it?

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:40 pm

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby slowshooter » Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:48 am

Just curious.

Who supports invading Syria?

Who supports not invading Syria then sending a drone way, way up Assad's butt?

Who supports ghosting Assad, then letting the Syrians duke it? I'm all for this one.
All this for a bowl of borscht.
slowshooter
hunter

Postby assateague » Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:12 am

And who supports minding our own damn business?

(Raises hand)
WOLVERINES

assateague

Postby Gunnysway » Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:34 am

Warning... naughty words if you click on this...

Setting up meetings between geese and God since 1992...

Gud till ära, oss till gagn...
Gunnysway
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:41 pm

^^^^^^ :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: fuyahh!
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
dudejcb
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:42 pm

assateague wrote:And who supports minding our own damn business?

(Raises hand)

Me. There is no national interest in Syria thus no reason to involve ourselves.
Last edited by ScaupHunter on Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Controversial Issues Forum