U.S.- War with Syria?

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Re: U.S.- War with Syria?

Postby ohioboy » Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:50 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
dudejcb wrote:Okay we probably shouldn't use precise missiles to knock out some pieces of Assad's machine.

Would it make a difference if he had poisoned Kurds? Jews?

What if I said Assad has yellow cake?

Or that he wants to partner up with Iran?... and Russia?

Deja' vu or self fulfilling prophecy?

The last time we had a sitch similar to this lots a folks were spoiling to attack Saddam. Any of those guys here now?

2 can play that game....what if the rebels did it?

Assad could probably show proof and would have done so by now. That would effectively end the rebellion or at least international support of them.
ohioboy
hunter

Postby cartervj » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:52 pm

and doing the same thing over and over while expecting different results is the right thing to do

the Dems seem to think so :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
cartervj
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:05 pm

ohioboy wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
dudejcb wrote:Okay we probably shouldn't use precise missiles to knock out some pieces of Assad's machine.

The last time we had a sitch similar to this lots a folks were spoiling to attack Saddam. Any of those guys here now?

Assad could probably show proof and would have done so by now. That would effectively end the rebellion or at least international support of them.

Seriously? You can't be that naive.....
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby ohioboy » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:41 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
ohioboy wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:

Seriously? You can't be that naive.....

Why not? Rebels did it? Proof? Or are you going to say no one can be found guilty?
ohioboy
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:49 pm

Everyone at the UN, our government, and Russia's government have an agenda in this. Just who exactly gets to decide to accept the proof. One group will accept it, another will reject it, and the third will waffle and blather. You cannot be this naive.
Last edited by ScaupHunter on Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby ohioboy » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:00 am

ScaupHunter wrote:Everyone at the UN, our government, and Russia's government have an agenda in this. Just who exactly gets to decide to accept the proof. One group will accept it, another will reject it, and the third will waffle and blather. You can of be this naive.

Ok. I understand politicking.

I don't understand any proof you have other than Assad/Syria did it. Show me. I will decide, you just show me.

If you say you can't trust any, you better start digging a hole I guess. Not sure what else you could do.
ohioboy
hunter

Postby assateague » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:23 am

ScaupHunter wrote:Everyone at the UN, our government, and Russia's government have an agenda in this. Just who exactly gets to decide to accept the proof. One group will accept it, another will reject it, and the third will waffle and blather. You can of be this naive.

I find it amusing that there are now Chinese warships in the Med as well. Our Dear Leader has bumbled us right into a giant clusterfuck. What we're all witnessing right now is a result of all the do-gooder feel-goodism which has become so prevalent. The world understands strength. Period. And we don't have it. Rightly or wrongly, how many times in the past have we been cowed into doing nothing? The fact that we even CONSIDERED doing something was asinine in the first place, and now that we're pushing the issue, it is being demonstrated to everyone that we are weak. We have a bunch of Russian ships, a bunch of Chinese ships, Iran threatening to blow up US interests worldwide and attack Israel, and I have to listen to Captain Dumbass try and convince everyone that it's the WORLD'S fault, not his or ours that there's some mythical "red line" which has been crossed.

What a bunch of buffoons.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire

Postby SpinnerMan » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:34 am

ohioboy wrote:Assad could probably show proof and would have done so by now. That would effectively end the rebellion or at least international support of them.

OJ is waiting for you to show proof that you are not the real killers.

You do not have to prove you are NOT guilty.
ohioboy wrote:If you say you can't trust any, you better start digging a hole I guess.
May not be a bad idea :sad:

However, at the end of the day, we have no choice but to trust our government in these matters. That is why we have to stop electing people that are not trustworthy. For example, Obama and his administration have lied repeatedly in this regard.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2013/09/04/remarks-president-obama-and-prime-minister-reinfeldt-sweden-joint-press-
Q Thank you, Mr. President. Thank you, sir. Have you made up your mind whether to take action against Syria whether or not you have a congressional resolution approved? Is a strike needed in order to preserve your credibility for when you set these sort of red lines? And were you able to enlist the support of the Prime Minister here for support in Syria?

PRESIDENT OBAMA: Let me unpack the question. First of all, I didn’t set a red line; the world set a red line. The world set a red line when governments representing 98 percent of the world’s population said the use of chemical weapons are abhorrent and passed a treaty forbidding their use even when countries are engaged in war.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2012/08/20/remarks-president-white-house-press-corps
I have, at this point, not ordered military engagement in the situation. But the point that you made about chemical and biological weapons is critical. That’s an issue that doesn’t just concern Syria; it concerns our close allies in the region, including Israel. It concerns us. We cannot have a situation where chemical or biological weapons are falling into the hands of the wrong people.

We have been very clear to the Assad regime, but also to other players on the ground, that a red line for us is we start seeing a whole bunch of chemical weapons moving around or being utilized. That would change my calculus. That would change my equation.

Now was that just Obama being his normal terribly inarticulate self?

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2013/04/25/background-conference-call-white-house-official-syria
We go on to reaffirm that the President has set a clear red line as it relates to the United States that the use of chemical weapons or the transfer of chemical weapons to terrorist groups is a red line that is not acceptable to us, nor should it be to the international community. It's precisely because we take this red line so seriously that we believe there is an obligation to fully investigate any and all evidence of chemical weapons use within Syria.

So why is he lying about this? What would he not lie about? This is why we need to hold our elected representatives, as the best we can, to a high standard of integrity and honest. When we don't, how the hell can we trust them when we have no choice but to trust them? You end up exactly where we are today. Those that want to trust them, trust them and those that do not do not. I doubt it will ever be proven conclusively by information that does not require trust that that a critical piece of that proof is legitimate. It's like Mark Furman lying under oath in the OJ trial. Why would you believe a single word he said unless you simply wanted to believe it?
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:35 pm

Chilidawg wrote:
wanapasaki wrote:It doesn't need to be justified. It's their country and it's their issue just as Iraq and afghanistans were their own. I say we stop continuing what the conservatives started and mind our own business. We have financial issues and such we need to adress here before we concern ourselves with the welfare of such countries in the Middle East that have very little concern for their own social and economical structure. That's my opinion.

So, did you buy that electric car yet?

Yeah I did.. Didn't you see it at your moms house? :lol3:
Give a man a duck... Feed him for a day... Teach him to fowl hunt... Feed him for a lifetime...Teach him in your spot... Learn to hunt a different spot....
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby assateague » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:09 am

And this morning John Kerry trots himself out and says Assad has one week to turn over his chemical weapons. Oh really? Or what? Freaking amateur hour in the government.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
assateague

Postby SpinnerMan » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:43 am

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/wh-sends-out-rice-who-mislead-benghazi-make-case-syria_752969.html
Susan Rice famously blamed the Benghazi terror attack that took the lives of four Americans, including Ambassador Chris Stevens, on an Internet video. She further said the terror attack occurred after a spontaneous protest over that anti-Muslim film got out of hand, instead of blaming the al Qaeda backed terrorists responsible for the murders.

But don't worry, she has got the facts right this time. :thumbsup:
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Gunnysway » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:55 am

This is a cluster f^ck if there ever was one...

Is our country REALLY run by Larry, Moe, and Curly?

I'm beginning to think so...

SMH
Setting up meetings between geese and God since 1992...

Gud till ära, oss till gagn...
Gunnysway
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:28 am

Hey Ohio,

Just for reference the first thing you do before you attack is dig a hole. That way you have somewhere to jump when the artillery and mortars start firing. In this case we as a people have already dug a hole, now it is time to recall the Moron in chief and his staff of clowns. Then put someone with some experience at running anything successfully in his place.

Larry, Curly, and Moe could do a better job!
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:54 am

ScaupHunter wrote:Larry, Curly, and Moe could do a better job!

No doubt. That was just an act. This is Obama doing his best. :sad:
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Gunnysway » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:13 am

Does that make him Shemp?

Gunnysway
hunter

Postby ohioboy » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:00 am

ScaupHunter wrote:Hey Ohio,

Just for reference the first thing you do before you attack is dig a hole. That way you have somewhere to jump when the artillery and mortars start firing. In this case we as a people have already dug a hole, now it is time to recall the Moron in chief and his staff of clowns. Then put someone with some experience at running anything successfully in his place.

what "hole" have we dug again? i get the "attack" part. not sure about this hole.
ohioboy
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:11 am

Gunnysway wrote:Does that make him Shemp?

I don't know, but Lurch just opened his big mouth and shed some brilliance on the debate.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/were-not-talking-about-war-kerry-outlines-unbelievably-small-strike-on-syria/article14184543/

Lurch said “We’re not going to war,” "we are talking about doing; an unbelievably small, limited kind of effort.”

First off, you bomb a foreign country that is by definition going to war. OK, the U.S. is just going to engage in acts of war but not go to war. Image morons and their idiotic semantics games. We are going to kill people and break things. Quibbling over semantics makes you look like a moron when you are talking about war or what the Image ever you want to call this particular act of blowing the hell out of people and things.

Second, if something unbelievable small is good enough, then why is it necessary at all? Why bother Congress if you are doing something that is unbelievably small. Just Image do it then.

And this is the headline from the other day.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/06/world/middleeast/pentagon-is-ordered-to-expand-potential-targets-in-syria-with-a-focus-on-forces.html?hp&_r=1&
Pentagon Is Ordered to Expand Potential Targets in Syria With a Focus on Forces

President Obama has directed the Pentagon to develop an expanded list of potential targets in Syria in response to intelligence suggesting that the government of President Bashar al-Assad has been moving troops and equipment used to employ chemical weapons while Congress debates whether to authorize military action.

SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby assateague » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:32 am

The US secretary of state has said that President Bashar al-Assad has one week to hand over his entire stock of chemical weapons to avoid a military attack. But John Kerry added that he had no expectation that the Syrian leader would comply.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/sep/09/us-syria-chemical-weapons-attack-john-kerry

Sooooooo, Congress is debating what, exactly? "Well, I'm gonna ask Congress, and see what they have to say", says Dear Leader. Then good old Swift Boat says "Hand them over, or we'll blow your house down". So which is it? Is Congress deciding, was that just a token gesture, or do neither of these rubes have a damn clue what they're doing? I vote for all three.

Oh, but wait. Then the State Department issued the following "clarification" of what the dumbass said:

The US state department stressed that Kerry was making a rhetorical argument about the one-week deadline and unlikelihood of Assad turning over Syria's chemical weapons stockpile

Does anyone in the government have the capability of not talking out of theirass? The State Department contradicts what their boss said who contradicted what his boss said who contradicted what he himself said. It's almost getting comical. About as comical as reading about how WWI started.
WOLVERINES

assateague

Postby seastreet » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:42 am

slowshooter wrote:Just curious.

Who supports invading Syria?

Who supports not invading Syria then sending a drone way, way up Assad's butt?

Who supports ghosting Assad, then letting the Syrians duke it? I'm all for this one.

After 12 years of being in everyone else's business, I think it is long overdue for us to sit this one out and let someone else worry about it. When they look to launch a Sarin gas missile towards my beach condo in NC, then wake me up.

We do not need to be picking sides between a murderous, Iranian backed dictator, and Al Qaeda. We do not need to become Saudi Arabia's mercenary army.

This country is war weary, and the Obama team, along with a number of establishment Republicans, are hungry to get involved in someone else's civil war.
Glimmerjim wrote: I may be slow but I'm dumb!
seastreet
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:48 am

seastreet wrote:
slowshooter wrote:Just curious.

Who supports invading Syria?

Who supports not invading Syria then sending a drone way, way up Assad's butt?

Who supports ghosting Assad, then letting the Syrians duke it? I'm all for this one.

After 12 years of being in everyone else's business, I think it is long overdue for us to sit this one out and let someone else worry about it. When they look to launch a Sarin gas missile towards my beach condo in NC, then wake me up.

We do not need to be picking sides between a murderous, Iranian backed dictator, and Al Qaeda. We do not need to become Saudi Arabia's mercenary army.

This country is war weary, and the Obama team, along with a number of establishment Republicans, are hungry to get involved in someone else's civil war.

Looks to me like that is exactly what we are doing.....
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Gunnysway » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:49 am

:lol3:

Freakin' Lurch... :no:

Gunnysway
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:58 am

ohioboy wrote:

what "hole" have we dug again? i get the "attack" part. not sure about this hole.

Red line in the sand mean anything to you? How about all the various fleets in the Med? How about going into another war? How about funding muslim terrorists while claiming Al Qaida is gone? This time we did not dig a foxhole, we as a nation through Odumbo and the stooges have dug a burial hole.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby ohioboy » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:25 pm

ScaupHunter wrote:
ohioboy wrote:

Red line in the sand mean anything to you? How about all the various fleets in the Med? How about going into another war? How about funding muslim terrorists while claiming Al Qaida is gone? This time we did not dig a foxhole, we as a nation through Odumbo and the stooges have dug a burial hole.

guess i better sharpen my knives and free up a couple of shovels.

on the bright side (less shady maybe) wont this end all the obama is the second coming stuff? anything he does will be looked down on by both sides of the aisle. check out this from huffinton-even they are not pumping this up as a good decision. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/0 ... 61639.html
ohioboy
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:33 pm

I think that for some it will burst the bubble. Many will believe no matter how stupid his actions are.

If you can vote for a man who did nothing, and who's one "achievement" is going down in flames a second time, you can believe in anything. What I love is the deep seated faith and belief that his followers have. Calling him their messiah is appropriate. You don't have to see truth or light, you just have to believe. :fingerhead:
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:27 pm

seastreet wrote:This country is war weary
And that's the problems. Al Qaeda and all other Islamist nutjobs are not weary in the slightest.

Obama is that paper tiger Osama talked about.

To paraphrase Joe Biden "Osama bin Laden is dead, and the general motors of their movement is alive."

We are weary because if all you do is "end" a war, why the hell would you ever begin it?

Once you have "respected" politicians being for it before they were against it, it just looks like politics.

Obama's desire for an unbelievably small Syrian war just looks like politics, so why would anyone be for it before they were against it?
SpinnerMan
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Controversial Issues Forum