Walmart didn't learn the lesson from Henry Ford

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Walmart didn't learn the lesson from Henry Ford

Postby slowshooter » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:47 pm

Years ago Henry Ford let his workers off on weekends and paid them high wages. His reasoning was that he wanted the best, and wanted the best to purchase his product and have the time to actually use it on weekends.

Walmart pays low wages. Relies on local governments to cover the gap. They also don't provide benefits.

Any one wonder why their sales are slumping? It's because their own workers can't afford to buy their products. Now, they can't even keep the shelves stocked.

Walmart is not going to survive in it's current form. Discounts don't matter when the locals don't have money to spend.

You heard it here first. Like usual.

Prepare for a depression. Where the goods you want simply aren't available. Because that's what's coming.
All this for a bowl of borscht.
User avatar
slowshooter
hunter
 
Posts: 9019
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:44 pm
Location: San Jose, CA


Re: Walmart didn't learn the lesson from Henry Ford

Postby assateague » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:55 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


It's walmart's fault :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
User avatar
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire
 
Posts: 21277
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:25 pm
Location: Eastern Shore, People's Republic of Maryland

Re: Walmart didn't learn the lesson from Henry Ford

Postby Indaswamp » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:03 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Man Slow, you got a warped view of Henry Ford! :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 56144
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Walmart didn't learn the lesson from Henry Ford

Postby slowshooter » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:05 pm

assateague wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


It's walmart's fault :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:



What is "it"? That Walmart controls their own destiny is clear. That they are auguring in is also clear.

You should go get a check up and see if you have had an ischemic stroke.
All this for a bowl of borscht.
User avatar
slowshooter
hunter
 
Posts: 9019
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:44 pm
Location: San Jose, CA

Re: Walmart didn't learn the lesson from Henry Ford

Postby Indaswamp » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:06 pm

About Ford....
But he was, on the other hand, ruthless in business dealings, responsible for sometimes violent opposition to unions, rabidly anti-Semitic (he was the only American praised in Adolf Hitler's Mein Kampf), and remarkably cruel to his only son, Edsel.
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 56144
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Walmart didn't learn the lesson from Henry Ford

Postby slowshooter » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:07 pm

Indaswamp wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Man Slow, you got a warped view of Henry Ford! :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:


Nope. I know he was an anti union, jew hating ******. But he knew how to run a business - and did it very well.
All this for a bowl of borscht.
User avatar
slowshooter
hunter
 
Posts: 9019
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:44 pm
Location: San Jose, CA

Re: Walmart didn't learn the lesson from Henry Ford

Postby slowshooter » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:08 pm

Indaswamp wrote:About Ford....
But he was, on the other hand, ruthless in business dealings, responsible for sometimes violent opposition to unions, rabidly anti-Semitic (he was the only American praised in Adolf Hitler's Mein Kampf), and remarkably cruel to his only son, Edsel.


So what?
All this for a bowl of borscht.
User avatar
slowshooter
hunter
 
Posts: 9019
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:44 pm
Location: San Jose, CA

Re: Walmart didn't learn the lesson from Henry Ford

Postby Indaswamp » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:13 pm

I find it hilarious that on the one hand you despise Oligarchy, yet you praise Ford!
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 56144
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Walmart didn't learn the lesson from Henry Ford

Postby slowshooter » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:15 pm

Indaswamp wrote:I find it hilarious that on the one hand you despise Oligarchy, yet you praise Ford!


You understand the difference don't you?
All this for a bowl of borscht.
User avatar
slowshooter
hunter
 
Posts: 9019
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:44 pm
Location: San Jose, CA

Re: Walmart didn't learn the lesson from Henry Ford

Postby Indaswamp » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:16 pm

slowshooter wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:I find it hilarious that on the one hand you despise Oligarchy, yet you praise Ford!


You understand the difference don't you?

What difference? Ford WAS a part of the Oligarchy!
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 56144
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Walmart didn't learn the lesson from Henry Ford

Postby slowshooter » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:41 pm

Oh that's right, the situation at Ford Motor company over 100 years ago is exactly the same as the situation today at Walmart Headquarters... Because Walmart and Henry Ford are INTERCHANGEABLE....

LOL! Seriously man, your obsessive behavior about posting is overwhelming your reason. Alacrity minus thought is just high speed vomit.
All this for a bowl of borscht.
User avatar
slowshooter
hunter
 
Posts: 9019
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:44 pm
Location: San Jose, CA

Re: Walmart didn't learn the lesson from Henry Ford

Postby Indaswamp » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:43 pm

slowshooter wrote:Oh that's right, the situation at Ford Motor company over 100 years ago is exactly the same as the situation today at Walmart Headquarters... Because Walmart and Henry Ford are INTERCHANGEABLE....

LOL! Seriously man, your obsessive behavior about posting is overwhelming your reason. Alacrity minus thought is just high speed vomit.

Do you deny that Ford was a part of the turn of the century Oligarchy or not?
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 56144
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Walmart didn't learn the lesson from Henry Ford

Postby slowshooter » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:51 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
slowshooter wrote:Oh that's right, the situation at Ford Motor company over 100 years ago is exactly the same as the situation today at Walmart Headquarters... Because Walmart and Henry Ford are INTERCHANGEABLE....

LOL! Seriously man, your obsessive behavior about posting is overwhelming your reason. Alacrity minus thought is just high speed vomit.

Do you deny that Ford was a part of the turn of the century Oligarchy or not?


Stop trying to save face and go quote some more Napoleon because he's just like Walmart as well. :lol3:
All this for a bowl of borscht.
User avatar
slowshooter
hunter
 
Posts: 9019
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:44 pm
Location: San Jose, CA

Re: Walmart didn't learn the lesson from Henry Ford

Postby Indaswamp » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:01 pm

It was a serious question.
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 56144
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Walmart didn't learn the lesson from Henry Ford

Postby TomKat » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:06 pm

Henry Ford actually produced something; Walmart merely acts as a middle man to peddle the work of others.
Image
User avatar
TomKat
Dorothy
 
Posts: 11501
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:18 am
Location: NE Kansas

Re: Walmart didn't learn the lesson from Henry Ford

Postby Indaswamp » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:07 pm

TomKat wrote:Henry Ford actually produced something; Walmart merely acts as a middle man to peddle the work of others.

And we have a service economy today in America. Is that Wal-mart's fault too??? :rolleyes:
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 56144
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Walmart didn't learn the lesson from Henry Ford

Postby slowshooter » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:10 pm

Indaswamp wrote:It was a serious question.


I know you think it is — and that's why you asking it makes me so sad.
All this for a bowl of borscht.
User avatar
slowshooter
hunter
 
Posts: 9019
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:44 pm
Location: San Jose, CA

Re: Walmart didn't learn the lesson from Henry Ford

Postby Indaswamp » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:11 pm

slowshooter wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:It was a serious question.


I know you think it is — and that's why you asking it makes me so sad.

nice deflection. I'll take it that you really do not know the answer.
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 56144
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Walmart didn't learn the lesson from Henry Ford

Postby slowshooter » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:17 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
slowshooter wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:It was a serious question.


I know you think it is — and that's why you asking it makes me so sad.

nice deflection. I'll take it that you really do not know the answer.



I can see that your argument-fu has gotten weak. Now you just claim other people don't know something and then define that as a win.

No one is here to make you smarter. You have to do that on your own. Unfortunately all you've done is set up a methodology where you don't have to think, don't have to learn, and can praise yourself when you run into those that aren't going to play your face saving game.

You should post even more. It must make you feel good. :lol3:
All this for a bowl of borscht.
User avatar
slowshooter
hunter
 
Posts: 9019
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:44 pm
Location: San Jose, CA

Re: Walmart didn't learn the lesson from Henry Ford

Postby Indaswamp » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:20 pm

I'll ask again, was Henry Ford a part of the Oligarchy at the turn of the century? Answer it and I'll tell you why it matters.
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 56144
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Walmart didn't learn the lesson from Henry Ford

Postby Indaswamp » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:32 pm

Did Henry Ford have to compete in a global economy like we have today? No.
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 56144
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Walmart didn't learn the lesson from Henry Ford

Postby slowshooter » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:33 pm

TomKat wrote:Henry Ford actually produced something; Walmart merely acts as a middle man to peddle the work of others.


No no nooooooooooo! They are exactly the same! The same I say!!!!
:lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
All this for a bowl of borscht.
User avatar
slowshooter
hunter
 
Posts: 9019
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:44 pm
Location: San Jose, CA

Re: Walmart didn't learn the lesson from Henry Ford

Postby slowshooter » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:43 pm

Indaswamp wrote:I'll ask again, was Henry Ford a part of the Oligarchy at the turn of the century? Answer it and I'll tell you why it matters.


No. He wasn't. In 1900 he was killing the Detroit Automobile Company. So your answer will most certainly be wrong because you don't even know the history that you're referencing.

If you are going to try and save face at least don't lose even more of it in the process.
All this for a bowl of borscht.
User avatar
slowshooter
hunter
 
Posts: 9019
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:44 pm
Location: San Jose, CA

Re: Walmart didn't learn the lesson from Henry Ford

Postby Indaswamp » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:44 pm

slowshooter wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:I'll ask again, was Henry Ford a part of the Oligarchy at the turn of the century? Answer it and I'll tell you why it matters.


No. He wasn't. In 1900 he was killing the Detroit Automobile Company. So your answer will most certainly be wrong because you don't even know the history that you're referencing.

If you are going to try and save face at least don't lose even more of it in the process.

Who financed Ford....I'll wait...
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 56144
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Walmart didn't learn the lesson from Henry Ford

Postby slowshooter » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:46 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
slowshooter wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:I'll ask again, was Henry Ford a part of the Oligarchy at the turn of the century? Answer it and I'll tell you why it matters.


No. He wasn't. In 1900 he was killing the Detroit Automobile Company. So your answer will most certainly be wrong because you don't even know the history that you're referencing.

If you are going to try and save face at least don't lose even more of it in the process.

Who financed Ford....I'll wait...


It doesn't matter where his financing came from. He was not a part of the oligarchy of the day. He was a failure.
All this for a bowl of borscht.
User avatar
slowshooter
hunter
 
Posts: 9019
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:44 pm
Location: San Jose, CA

Next

Return to Controversial Issues Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests