Walmart didn't learn the lesson from Henry Ford

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Re: Walmart didn't learn the lesson from Henry Ford

Postby Indaswamp » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:51 pm

slowshooter wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
slowshooter wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:I'll ask again, was Henry Ford a part of the Oligarchy at the turn of the century? Answer it and I'll tell you why it matters.

No. He wasn't. In 1900 he was killing the Detroit Automobile Company. So your answer will most certainly be wrong because you don't even know the history that you're referencing.

If you are going to try and save face at least don't lose even more of it in the process.

Who financed Ford....I'll wait...

It doesn't matter where his financing came from. He was not a part of the oligarchy of the day. He was a failure.

Really?!?! :lol3: :lol3:
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby slowshooter » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:55 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
slowshooter wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
slowshooter wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:I'll ask again, was Henry Ford a part of the Oligarchy at the turn of the century? Answer it and I'll tell you why it matters.

No. He wasn't. In 1900 he was killing the Detroit Automobile Company. So your answer will most certainly be wrong because you don't even know the history that you're referencing.

If you are going to try and save face at least don't lose even more of it in the process.

It doesn't matter where his financing came from. He was not a part of the oligarchy of the day. He was a failure.

Yes really. The Detroit Automobile Company was disbanded in 1901 because it was a failure. You can't smiley away history despite your best efforts.
All this for a bowl of borscht.
slowshooter
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:58 pm

slowshooter wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
slowshooter wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
slowshooter wrote:

Yes really. The Detroit Automobile Company was disbanded in 1901 because it was a failure. You can't smiley away history despite your best efforts.

better get your story straight...which is he again, a successful business man or a failure?

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:01 pm

There is a reason why I asked you who financed Ford..... :hi:
The Detroit Automobile Company was reorganized into the Henry Ford Company on November 20, 1901, after Ford gained further backing from investors because of his racing success.[9] It later became the Cadillac Company under ownership of Henry Leland, who came in subsequently after Ford had left.[8]

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby slowshooter » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:03 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
slowshooter wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
slowshooter wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
slowshooter wrote:

better get your story straight...which is he again, a successful business man or a failure?

Don't change the question just to save face. You asked if he was part of the oligarchy at the turn of the century. I answered with a resounding no. Now that you have likely wandered off to wikipedia or some history of Henry Ford site to factcheck my answer - you can see that I was correct.

If you are going to wriggle like a worm on a hook - do it like a man worm. :lol3:
slowshooter
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:08 pm

slowshooter wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
slowshooter wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
slowshooter wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
slowshooter wrote:

Don't change the question just to save face. You asked if he was part of the oligarchy at the turn of the century. I answered with a resounding no. Now that you have likely wandered off to wikipedia or some history of Henry Ford site to factcheck my answer - you can see that I was correct.

If you are going to wriggle like a worm on a hook - do it like a man worm. :lol3:

Indaswamp wrote:There is a reason why I asked you who financed Ford..... :hi:
The Detroit Automobile Company was reorganized into the Henry Ford Company on November 20, 1901, after Ford gained further backing from investors because of his racing success.[9] It later became the Cadillac Company under ownership of Henry Leland, who came in subsequently after Ford had left.[8]

company was not "disbanned", it was reorganized.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:16 pm

Nope...HMHMMMM, not an Oligarch.... :rolleyes:
The new Valley elite are simply the latest to refine and exploit information technology for their own, often enormous, personal benefit. Nothing wrong with making money, to be sure, but this ambition is no different than those of Cornelius Vanderbilt, E.H. Harriman, J.P. Morgan, Andrew Carnegie, John D. Rockefeller, Henry Ford and Thomas Watson. Each innovated in a key industry, established oligarchic control and became fantastically rich.

:hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:
Have another drink. You need it.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:29 pm

Nope...Nada....not an Oligarch.... :no:
A business magnate (or industrialist) is an entrepreneur or business owner who has achieved significant success, wealth, and prominence from a particular industry (or range of industries). In particular, the term refers to a successful entrepreneur or business owner who controls, through personal business ownership or via a majority dominant shareholding position in any business venture, business firm, company, corporation, enterprise, or for-profit organization and utilizes the organization's goods, products, or services is consumed by a large number of individuals, groups, or other organizations. Business owners with significant control, ownership, and influence of a large business, company, corporation, enterprise, or for-profit organization may also be called czars, moguls, tycoons, taipans, proprietors, industrialists, barons, or oligarchs.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby TomKat » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:08 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
TomKat wrote:Henry Ford actually produced something; Walmart merely acts as a middle man to peddle the work of others.

And we have a service economy today in America. Is that Wal-mart's fault too??? :rolleyes:

Part of me admires walmart, but mostly I dont like them.

I am all for bringing manufacturing. We have been in a down hill slide ever since the 1970's.
TomKat
Dorothy

Postby Indaswamp » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:09 pm

TomKat wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
TomKat wrote:Henry Ford actually produced something; Walmart merely acts as a middle man to peddle the work of others.

And we have a service economy today in America. Is that Wal-mart's fault too??? :rolleyes:

I am all for bringing manufacturing. We have been in a down hill slide ever since the 1970's.

and slow blames that on Wal-mart.....

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby slowshooter » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:29 pm

So was he a failure? Yes and yes. Because after that, his second attempt failed as well. May you shouldn't rely so heavily on cherry picking Google facts. The difference between you and I? I'm doing this from memory.... You gotta run to the Google brain.

You asked what he was at the turn of the century. He was killing DAC. Then he killed the Henry Ford Company.

Only after TWO failed companies did he actually start to be successful on his third venture.

Here's your butt back. I didn't gift wrap it. :lol3:
slowshooter
hunter

Postby slowshooter » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:31 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
TomKat wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:[quote="Tommouth.Henry Ford actually produced something; Walmart merely acts as a middle man to peddle the work of others.

and slow blames that on Wal-mart.....[/quote]

So mighty is your fail you have to resort to putting words in my mouth.
slowshooter
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:39 pm

CYBER FIGHT!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :lol3:
Give a man a duck... Feed him for a day... Teach him to fowl hunt... Feed him for a lifetime...Teach him in your spot... Learn to hunt a different spot....
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby slowshooter » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:51 pm

wanapasaki wrote:CYBER FIGHT!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :lol3:

Lol. Nah. I like Linda. He never wins but he can't admit he loses. It must be an awful way to live. But that's his onus.
slowshooter
hunter

Postby slowshooter » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:53 pm

Inda. Not Linda. Auto kerrect.....
slowshooter
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:53 pm

slowshooter wrote:So was he a failure? Yes and yes. Because after that, his second attempt failed as well. May you shouldn't rely so heavily on cherry picking Google facts. The difference between you and I? I'm doing this from memory.... You gotta run to the Google brain.

You asked what he was at the turn of the century. He was killing DAC. Then he killed the Henry Ford Company.

Only after TWO failed companies did he actually start to be successful on his third venture.

Here's your butt back. I didn't gift wrap it. :lol3:

He still didn't do it right... 100 years later and they still can't get those things to run right :fingerhead:
Give a man a duck... Feed him for a day... Teach him to fowl hunt... Feed him for a lifetime...Teach him in your spot... Learn to hunt a different spot....
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby slowshooter » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:04 pm

Right now I would rather have a Ford than a Chevy. My father is probably spinning in his grave...
slowshooter
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:09 pm

slowshooter wrote:Right now I would rather have a Ford than a Chevy. My father is probably spinning in his grave...

lol and my head is spinning now :lol3:
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:48 pm

slowshooter wrote:Years ago Henry Ford let his workers off on weekends and paid them high wages. His reasoning was that he wanted the best, and wanted the best to purchase his product and have the time to actually use it on weekends.

Walmart pays low wages. Relies on local governments to cover the gap. They also don't provide benefits.

Any one wonder why their sales are slumping? It's because their own workers can't afford to buy their products. Now, they can't even keep the shelves stocked.

Walmart is not going to survive in it's current form. Discounts don't matter when the locals don't have money to spend.

You heard it here first. Like usual.

Prepare for a depression. Where the goods you want simply aren't available. Because that's what's coming.

The third to last paragraph is laughable...in a depression Walmart will do well, at least at the get go because of prices. If my memory serves me correct they didn't do bad a few years ago. When income falls people will go to the cheapest alternative. And most couldn't garden to save their lives.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby wanapasaki » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:58 pm

beretta24 wrote:
slowshooter wrote:Years ago Henry Ford let his workers off on weekends and paid them high wages. His reasoning was that he wanted the best, and wanted the best to purchase his product and have the time to actually use it on weekends.

Walmart pays low wages. Relies on local governments to cover the gap. They also don't provide benefits.

Any one wonder why their sales are slumping? It's because their own workers can't afford to buy their products. Now, they can't even keep the shelves stocked.

Walmart is not going to survive in it's current form. Discounts don't matter when the locals don't have money to spend.

Prepare for a depression. Where the goods you want simply aren't available. Because that's what's coming.

The third to last paragraph is laughable...in a depression Walmart will do well, at least at the get go because of prices. If my memory serves me correct they didn't do bad a few years ago. When income falls people will go to the cheapest alternative. And most couldn't garden to save their lives.

Can't imagine what kind of gardens people are growing with the aide of google :lol3:
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby clampdaddy » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:04 pm

wanapasaki wrote:He still didn't do it right... 100 years later and they still can't get those things to run right :fingerhead:

Their problem is that they are constantly trying to improve things that don't need improving. We've been using spark plugs for over a century. In the 5.4 ford found a way to turn a spark plug into a high speed projectile. To improve upon this they did some redesigning and found a way to design a situation where those plugs no longer blow out of the heads, they break off instead. :huh: It's all good though because they designed a broken spark plug extraction kit. :thumbsup: Let's not even get into their diesel powered rigs. :lol3: In all fairness though, their new 5.0 has been good to us so far.
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby slowshooter » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:18 pm

beretta24 wrote:

Laugh away. The biggest problem in the depression wasn't lack of money. The biggest problem was product availability.

Only after WWII were most products widely available.

The retailers are reliant on the supply chain - Walmart is having trouble stocking the shelves TODAY.
slowshooter
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:19 pm

clampdaddy wrote:
wanapasaki wrote:He still didn't do it right... 100 years later and they still can't get those things to run right :fingerhead:

Their problem is that they are constantly trying to improve things that don't need improving. We've been using spark plugs for over a century. In the 5.4 ford found a way to turn a spark plug into a high speed projectile. To improve upon this they did some redesigning and found a way to design a situation where those plugs no longer blow out of the heads, they break off instead. :huh: It's all good though because they designed a broken spark plug extraction kit. :thumbsup: Let's not even get into their diesel powered rigs. :lol3: In all fairness though, their new 5.0 has been good to us so far.

Their 5.0's are nice and their 5.4 Tritons are alright. I have an eco-boost 2012. What a nightmare. I have an ODB gps on the truck and turns out that the signal phase to phased on each other, and sent an error code that corrupted the ECU unit. ECU unit supplies voltage on the trasmission for the shift kit and now the truck is crap.. Over a bad 25 VDC signal! Ford is fixing it right now, but they originally told me I lost power to my transmission due to a thermostat issue :huh: That's why I don't like ford. They don't take the time to perfect the art before moving onto another technology. I'm driving their new escape right now. Virtually EVERYTHING is electronic on this thing. Not good :no:
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby slowshooter » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:32 pm

clampdaddy wrote:

Is the quality still better than GMC?

The last Chevy truck in our family was purchased in 1967. So it was a pretty good hauler. Then they went slid into making some crapola.
slowshooter
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:56 pm

slowshooter wrote:
clampdaddy wrote:

Is the quality still better than GMC?

The last Chevy truck in our family was purchased in 1967. So it was a pretty good hauler. Then they went slid into making some crapola.

I think the quality is visually noticeable :lol3: I have never had an issue with my gmc's (knock on wood). 275,000 on the last one. Now my 2012 Ford... Non stop issues. I think maybe I need to abuse her so she acts right :lol3:
wanapasaki
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Controversial Issues Forum