Hey Spinner...

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Hey Spinner...

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:02 pm

The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Re: Hey Spinner...

Postby SpinnerMan » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:13 am

I had not heard this, but is it surprising? :no: :sad:

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013-08-20/news/ct-met-city-comptroller-indicted-0820-20130820_1_ohio-contract-lobbyist-federal-court
Mayor Rahm Emanuel's administration on Monday produced a letter showing it knew about questions surrounding Amer Ahmad and a controversial government contract in Ohio before the mayor hired him as Chicago's comptroller in April 2011.

This is just the mindset of Obama's former chief of staff, but Obama and the rest of the Chicagoans in the White House or even Rahm while he was there acted like saints :bow: :bow: :bow:

I just can't comprehend the level of denial that exists in the people that trust any politician, let alone this crowd of crooks.

I like this statement.
The administration has said Emanuel didn't know about Ahmad's federal problems until the former aide was indicted last week.

This is worse. It's the I'm not corrupt. I'm just incompetent and clueless argument.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:23 am

Pretty simple logic there. No one from Chicago is corrupt, history is not a measure of truth and expectations. Peoples past actions do not matter. We are all innocent until proven guilty, even when under indictment for a crime. Don't look at what I have done to expect to see what I will do. Of course I am not a criminal, I am just criminally ignorant and flagrantly stupid. :beer:
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:29 am

The thing I do not get, Rahm chose this guy to be in charge of people's pension money. People rightly flip out when their pensions get wrecked. They put no connection between this kind of cronyism and the harmful results that they suffer.

This is just one of a million reasons I hate pensions relative to IRAs. I do not want my financial health in my old age in the hands of corrupt or incompetent cronies, politicians, or anyone that has nothing to lose compared to what I do if they screw it up. What am I going to do, work another 20 or 30 years to make it back?
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Return to Controversial Issues Forum