Christian persecution in Pakistan

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Christian persecution in Pakistan

Postby Indaswamp » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:19 am

More and more people join the crowd as they push me towards the home of the village headman. I recognize the house — it’s the only one that has a garden with grass growing in it. They throw me to the ground. The village imam speaks to me: “I’ve been told you’ve insulted our Prophet. You know what happens to anyone who attacks the holy Prophet Mohammed. You can redeem yourself only by conversion or death.”

“I haven’t done anything! Please! I beg you! I’ve done nothing wrong!”

The qari with his long, well-combed beard, turns to Musarat and the three women who were there on the day of the falsa harvest.

“Did she speak ill of Muslims and our holy Prophet Mohammed?”

“Yes, she insulted them,” replies Musarat, and the others join in:

“It’s true, she insulted our religion.”

“If you don’t want to die,” says the young mullah, “you must convert to Islam. Are you willing to redeem yourself by becoming a good Muslim?”

Sobbing, I reply:

“No, I don’t want to change my religion. But please believe me, I didn’t do what these women say, I didn’t insult your religion. Please have mercy on me.”

I put my hands together and plead with him. But he is unmoved.

“You’re lying! Everyone says you committed this blasphemy and that’s proof enough. Christians must comply with the law of Pakistan, which forbids any derogatory remarks about the holy Prophet. Since you won’t convert and the Prophet cannot defend himself, we shall avenge him.”

He turns on his heel and the angry crowd falls on me. I’m beaten with sticks and spat at. I think I’m going to die. Then they ask me again:

“Will you convert to a religion worthy of the name?”

“No, please, I’m a Christian, but I beg you . . . ”

And they go on beating me with the same fury as before.

I was barely conscious and could hardly feel the pain of my wounds by the time the police arrived. Two policemen threw me in their van, to cheers from the angry crowd, and a few minutes later I was in the police station in Nankana Sahib.

In the police chief’s office they sat me down on a bench. I asked for water and compresses for the wounds on my legs, which were streaming with blood. A young policeman threw me an old dishcloth and spat out at me:

“Here, and don’t get it everywhere.”

One of my arms really hurt and I thought it might be broken. Just then I saw the qari come in with Musarat and her gang. With me sitting there they told the police chief that I insulted the Prophet Mohammed. From outside the police station I could hear shouts:

“Death to the Christian!”

After writing up the report the policeman turned and called to me in a nasty voice:

“So what have you got to say for yourself?”

“I’m innocent! It’s not true! I didn’t insult the Prophet!”

Immediately after I’d protested my innocence I was manhandled into the police van and driven away. During the journey I passed out from pain and only came back to myself as we were arriving at Sheikhupura prison, where I was thrown into a cell.

Since that day I haven’t left prison.

Excerpted with permission from “Blasphemy: A Memoir” by Asia Bibi as told to Anne-Isabelle Tollet, published by Chicago Review Press.
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Re: Christian persecution in Pakistan

Postby assateague » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:26 am

Religion of Peace. Stop talking bad about it. Nothing to see here, move along.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire

Postby Rat Creek » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:55 am

And this is how they spread the religion of peace- convert or die. After a good beating at the hands of a "holy man." :mad:

And the left in this country continues to contort itself to be certain they do not offend such a awesome religion. :no:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:57 am

I love how liberals are so supportive of Muslims while ignoring the attocities they commit in the name of God ( Allah). Poetic justice would be seeing them actually take over America. Immediately followed by brutalizing all the liberals and homosexuals who so ardently supported them.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:10 am

Rat Creek wrote:And this is how they spread the religion of peace- convert or die. After a good beating at the hands of a "holy man." :mad:

And the left in this country continues to contort itself to be certain they do not offend such a awesome religion. :no:

...following in the footsteps of Mohammad for 1400 years....convert or die....

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Rat Creek » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:16 am

This poor woman has incredible courage though to not simply give in to the brutality and renounce her Christian belief to these pieces of human debris. :thumbsup: God Bless her.
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:20 am

This is not "fringe" behavior either, this is mainstream islam in pakistan. Blasphemy laws and all...

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby ScaupHunter » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:12 pm

Rat Creek wrote:This poor woman has incredible courage though to not simply give in to the brutality and renounce her Christian belief to these pieces of human debris. :thumbsup: God Bless her.

If she dies a Christian, she goes to heaven where God accepts here into his loving arms for all eternity. If she dies a Muslim and goes to heaven, she becomes a retread virgin and is raped for all eternity by some muslim nut job who blew himself up.

Doesn't seem like a hard choice to make when you think about it.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby Andy W » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:26 am

The biggest lies ever told (after the first 2) are: islam is a religion of peace & we are not at war with islam.
Andy W
hunter

Postby assateague » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:03 am

Can't remember where I saw it, but there are 1.6 billion muslims. If the "extremists" are only 1/10%, that's still 1.6 MILLION "terrorists", bigger than our entire military by about a factor of 2. So please, tell me again how it's just a few "bad apples", and not islam itself which is the problem.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire

Postby Indaswamp » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:06 am

assateague wrote:Can't remember where I saw it, but there are 1.6 billion muslims. If the "extremists" are only 1/10%, that's still 1.6 MILLION "terrorists", bigger than our entire military by about a factor of 2. So please, tell me again how it's just a few "bad apples", and not islam itself which is the problem.

Hmm...where are all the liberals on this topic???

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby ScaupHunter » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:48 am

Not one liberal will chime in until challenged when the truth is right before their eyes.

The problem with being a liberal is that eventually what you want to believe is simply proven to not be true. Happens every time you put emotions before logic and intelligence.

The real world makes being a liberal a tough thing to do every now and then. :lol3:
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

ScaupHunter
hunter

Return to Controversial Issues Forum