I remember the "I Have a Dream" speech

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Re: I remember the

Postby blackduckdog2 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:18 am

vincentpa wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote: And you tried (pathetically) to paint me as some sort of armchair elitist, who couldn't begin to understand the realities of urban race hate, by suggesting that my rhetoric might fly in my liberal circles but not with someone like yourself, who'd been around the block a bit. Laughable

BTW,
who do you pal around with now my hardened inner-city ex-thug (by way of the suburbs) friend? I'm sure they aren't those unsavory types of your youth. They probably are very similar to those that I now pal around with, albeit a little older. Those people aren't from the old neighborhood, if you know what I mean.

Hey thanks, VP. Like I need someone to remind me of my age. Yes, I have in fact become your basic Seattle semi-urban (you just can't compare these neighborhoods to the places we grew up in) liberal. But the "by way of the suburbs" jab's a little unfair. My old man could tell you what a royal pain in the ass I was about being moved out of the city, and I went back whenever I could and moved back for good when I was old enough. Hanging out's just not the same at the town pool, say, as it is on the street corner. I do have one connection to the 'hood, if you will, through a young woman whose rap music I was "translating" into middle class American through a Seattle Arts Commission grant (Your taxes at work, man. Sort of :lol3: ). Great fun, and I still talk to her from time to time. But I never went into her neighborhood after dark (on her advice)
"We have met the enemy, and he is us."
Walt Kelly, via Slow's avatar. Look it up
blackduckdog2
hunter

Postby blackduckdog2 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:23 am

vincentpa wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:
assateague wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:Oh, I think there's racism on the right, make no mistake. I also see that conservatives are resistant to change (not altogether a bad quality, as I stated, but you very conveniently left that out when you quoted me in big, bold red. The fact that your defensive mind leapt from there to a facile conflation of the two is what is most telling in this little tête-à-tête. I think racism on the right springs from something entirely different in their collective makeup than mere horror at the idea of shifting social circumstance.

What does the racism on the left spring from?

Same as everyone........ fear of the unknown. We just have less of it

I'd say that is part but a smaller part than competition. That's why there is far more racism at the blue collar, working class and poor socio-economic levels.

This is so on the surface but I think it's only an emotional overlay, like blaming the all the deaths in the Crusades on Christianity. That is, the competion would have spurred hate for whatever the competing group was, and if they happened to be of a different color, voila! Racism......... but it coulda just as easily been sexism or religious bigotry. It just depends on whom you're trying to put down. You know, the whole Star-Bellied Sneetches thang
blackduckdog2
hunter

Re: I remember the "I Have a Dream" speech

Postby vincentpa » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:33 am

blackduckdog2 wrote:OK, NOW I'm gonna go swim the dog. I enjoy VP's parries a little too much to just walk away from, I guess

I enjoy them too. I've actually got to get some work done. I'll respond later when I get a change. Welcome back! you were missed. Enjoy your swim!
In a free society, it is not the obligation of the citizen to prove to the government that he is a good person. It is the obligation of the government to prove to the rest of the citizenry that the citizen is a bad person, with probable cause.
vincentpa
hunter

Postby TomKat » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:59 am

blackduckdog2 wrote:
What does the racism on the left spring from?

Same as everyone........ fear of the unknown. We just have less of it because liberals are just better people[/quote]
TomKat
Dorothy

Postby cartervj » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:36 pm

CNN GUEST ASKS ‘FOR WHAT REASON’ SHOULD ONLY BLACK GOP SENATOR HAVE BEEN INVITED TO SPEAK AT MLK EVENT
Aug. 29, 2013 11:45am Dave Urbanski

USA Today columnist DeWayne Wickham on Wednesday scoffed at the controversy over the sole black U.S. Republican senator’s non-invitation to the 50th anniversary of the March on Washington.

DeWayne Wickham asked why Sen. Tim Scott should have been invited to the 50th anniversary celebration of the “March on Washington.” (CNN)
“And he should have been invited why?” Wickham asked on a CNN panel. “He should have been invited to speak for what reason?”

“He’s one of 50 senators,” Wickham added. “And he’s appointed, not elected.”

The panel was examining who did not attend Wednesday’s rally. National Public Radio’s Michel Martin said she was surprised that a president she covered, George H.W. Bush, was absent after his “very strong record on civil rights.”
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
cartervj
hunter

Postby cartervj » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:03 pm

along the same lines, skip to 2 minutes in

INTENT is their keyword :lol3:

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/3036789/ns/ms ... 6#52845376
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
cartervj
hunter

Postby High Sierras » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:38 pm

Dude,

I read your 4 page article. Page 4 is pretty excoriating on the resident "D" in the White House where your article states:

"There’s no questioning the symbolic value of electing a black president. Yet the fact remains that African-Americans are no better off materially as a result, even if they may have been worse off had he lost, and that the economic gap between blacks and whites has grown under his presidency. The ascent of America’s first black president has coincided with the descent of black Americans’ standard of living. Reasonable people may disagree on the extent to which Obama is responsible for that. But the fact is undeniable."

So we can take that to be factual evidence that the policies of the democrats, while rammed through a democratic controlled congress and signed into law by a democrat president (I'm sure with the best of 'intentions'), have in reality forwarded their racist agenda of controlling minorities for their own political ends. The Dems were the political party of racists in the 60's, they're still the political party of racists today, they just got a little slicker in convincing the blacks they're there to 'help' them.

I'm glad BDD2 agrees with the rest of us that conservatives aren't the racist ones... :lol3:

High Sierras
hunter

Postby dave79 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:00 pm

blackduckdog2 wrote:
dave79 wrote:don't lurk on the ci forum much but here's my 2 cents. bdd2 you say you remember mlk's speech but you fail to mention why you remember it. did it inspire you? did it change your life. no you only use it as part of your agenda.

Conservatives hated him. Now (once they have conveniently purged his message of all the impassioned support for labor issues) they fawn all over him. So who's using using the speech as part of their agenda, dave79? (btw, I'd stick to lurking if that's all you got. Nice to know I've got 'em coming out of the woodwork, though :thumbsup: )

you could have just changed the thread title to conservatives are/were racists. you don't mention anything about mlk's speech, what it meant or etc. as one would think they would be reading about by your title.
just what change are conservatives afraid of. you don't think that libs are afraid of change?
dave79
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:43 pm

dave79 wrote:just what change are conservatives afraid of.

This is the change conservatives are afraid of and liberals disregard.

65 Years Later A comparison of Hiroshima, Japan and Detroit, Michigan.

This is the change conservatives are afraid of and most liberals disregard.

And just a couple of the reasons why

A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:56 pm

But it takes a village spinnerman.... :rolleyes:
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby dudejcb » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:11 pm

High Sierras wrote:Dude,

I read your 4 page article. Page 4 is pretty excoriating on the resident "D" in the White House where your article states:

"There’s no questioning the symbolic value of electing a black president. Yet the fact remains that African-Americans are no better off materially as a result, even if they may have been worse off had he lost, and that the economic gap between blacks and whites has grown under his presidency. The ascent of America’s first black president has coincided with the descent of black Americans’ standard of living. Reasonable people may disagree on the extent to which Obama is responsible for that. But the fact is undeniable."

So we can take that to be factual evidence that the policies of the democrats, while rammed through a democratic controlled congress and signed into law by a democrat president (I'm sure with the best of 'intentions'), have in reality forwarded their racist agenda of controlling minorities for their own political ends. The Dems were the political party of racists in the 60's, they're still the political party of racists today, they just got a little slicker in convincing the blacks they're there to 'help' them.
I said it was an interesting article. It made several other valid points as well. While the article is thought provoking, your rush to judgement is sophomoric.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
dudejcb
hunter

Postby blackduckdog2 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:20 am

dudejcb wrote:

I said it was an interesting article. It made several other valid points as well. While the article is thought provoking, your rush to judgement is sophomoric.

Sophomoric's generous. I give it about fifth grade
blackduckdog2
hunter

Postby blackduckdog2 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:25 am

dave79 wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:
dave79 wrote:don't lurk on the ci forum much but here's my 2 cents. bdd2 you say you remember mlk's speech but you fail to mention why you remember it. did it inspire you? did it change your life. no you only use it as part of your agenda.

Conservatives hated him. Now (once they have conveniently purged his message of all the impassioned support for labor issues) they fawn all over him. So who's using using the speech as part of their agenda, dave79? (btw, I'd stick to lurking if that's all you got. Nice to know I've got 'em coming out of the woodwork, though :thumbsup: )

you could have just changed the thread title to conservatives are/were racists. you don't mention anything about mlk's speech, what it meant or etc. as one would think they would be reading about by your title.
just what change are conservatives afraid of. you don't think that libs are afraid of change?

Dave, you seem like a nice enough guy, what little I've seen of you, but trust me, there wasn't one forum regular who saw that thread title with my moniker attached who thought they were getting a feel good piece on "I Have a Dream"............ those are a dime a dozen anyhow. They came in armed for bear, as you've seen, for my part I gave as good as I got. And that's how it works over in this neck of the Duckchat, pal :beer:
blackduckdog2
hunter

Postby TomKat » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:48 am

MERRY XMASS!!!
TomKat
Dorothy

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:29 am

Indaswamp wrote:But it takes a village spinnerman.... :rolleyes:

If you don't have a family.

1 mother and no father after a couple generations changes everything.

Just think of a woman having a boy and a girl for 3 generations where everyone is married.

Each child has a sibling, a mother, a father, two aunts and two uncles (one each by marriage), four cousins, two grandmothers, two grandfathers four great aunts and four great uncles, 16 first cousins once removed (half by marriage). That's pretty much a village :thumbsup:

Now a single mother, still have 1 sibling, but no father, one uncle who is not married so no cousins, no grandfathers and only one grandmother whose brother is unmarried so no first cousins once removed. The extended family has been reduced by 85% :eek: And now they need the government village.

And for me, at least one person in every single group in the subset of the extended family there was at least one person that was an important person in my life, actually most of them at all levels.

If you don't have an extended family, you are definitely going to need a village, but why would the village really give a damn about you, it's not like you are family. Of course, people have screwed up family's, what are you going to do about that? Sadly, I see the degeneration in the family and how my young cousins and niece don't have near the support structure that I had, but still far more than the generation to come is likely to have. :sad:
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby sampsonhuntin » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:01 am

MLK beat white hookers. And Don Imus calls a few girls from Rutgers nappy headed hoes. MLK has his own holiday and is regarded as a hero. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.
Underradar wrote:If you are gonna be a duckhunting badass, you need that barrel sticker that reads:

Prison Is My Futre

copterdoc wrote:trim, for grinding.
sampsonhuntin
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:31 am

sampsonhuntin wrote:MLK beat white hookers. And Don Imus calls a few girls from Rutgers nappy headed hoes. MLK has his own holiday and is regarded as a hero. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.

Got a source for the first claim?
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby Andy W » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:35 am

beretta24 wrote:Got a source for the first claim?

It's on the internet, it must be true!
Andy W
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:41 am

blackduckdog2 wrote:
dudejcb wrote:

By all means lets dismiss the truth as sophomoric. Your usual clap trap doesn't fly here. Show how he is wrong. Blacks are definably worse off since Obama was elected. So it the nation as a whole. The economy is still in the crapper. He wasted what could have been an epic economic come back through stimulus by paying off his cronies, and paying the banks that caused the problem.

You are being sophomoric with you continual efforts to dismiss that which is clear truth. It is a regular habit of yours.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby blackduckdog2 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:53 am

ScaupHunter wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:
dudejcb wrote:

By all means lets dismiss the truth as sophomoric. Your usual clap trap doesn't fly here. Show how he is wrong. Blacks are definably worse off since Obama was elected. So it the nation as a whole. The economy is still in the crapper. He wasted what could have been an epic economic come back through stimulus by paying off his cronies, and paying the banks that caused the problem.

You are being sophomoric with you continual efforts to dismiss that which is clear truth. It is a regular habit of yours.

You're just mad because I never thanked you for my new signature line. So........... thanks, see? :lol3: :lol3:
blackduckdog2
hunter

Postby sampsonhuntin » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:54 am

beretta24 wrote:
sampsonhuntin wrote:MLK beat white hookers. And Don Imus calls a few girls from Rutgers nappy headed hoes. MLK has his own holiday and is regarded as a hero. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.

It's on snopes, must be true.
http://www.snopes.com/history/american/mlking.asp
Underradar wrote:If you are gonna be a duckhunting badass, you need that barrel sticker that reads:

Prison Is My Futre

copterdoc wrote:trim, for grinding.
sampsonhuntin
hunter

Postby WoodyWhiffingMG » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:26 am

SpinnerMan wrote:
dave79 wrote:just what change are conservatives afraid of.

This is the change conservatives are afraid of and liberals disregard.

65 Years Later A comparison of Hiroshima, Japan and Detroit, Michigan.

This is the change conservatives are afraid of and most liberals disregard.

To add to the child out of wedlock at an astounding 70%, the African American community has a mind boggling 40% abortion rate.

Imagine how much that 70 would climb if they didn't murder almost half their off spring.

According to the Guttmacher Institute, abortion rates among Black women are much higher than we thought: They are four times the rate of white women. The report found that on average, 41 in 1,000 among Black women
Last edited by WoodyWhiffingMG on Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
There are only two types of people in the world, those who love duck hunting and those who never have duck hunted.
WoodyWhiffingMG
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:27 am

beretta24 wrote:

a Liberal judge has sealed the FBI file records on MLK until 2027, so we'll have to wait until then I guess.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby blackduckdog2 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:32 am

You really wanna play the "ugly-schit-people-we-admire-have-done" game? It covers a lot of territory, you know?
blackduckdog2
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:34 am

blackduckdog2 wrote:

You really wanna play the "ugly-schit-people-we-admire-have-done" game? It covers a lot of territory, you know?

narrow it down to two faced hypocrites...that still leaves plenty of examples though.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Controversial Issues Forum