I remember the "I Have a Dream" speech

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Re: I remember the "I Have a Dream" speech

Postby High Sierras » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:50 am

ScaupHunter wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:
dudejcb wrote:
High Sierras wrote:Dude,

I read your 4 page article. Page 4 is pretty excoriating on the resident "D" in the White House where your article states:

"There’s no questioning the symbolic value of electing a black president. Yet the fact remains that African-Americans are no better off materially as a result, even if they may have been worse off had he lost, and that the economic gap between blacks and whites has grown under his presidency. The ascent of America’s first black president has coincided with the descent of black Americans’ standard of living. Reasonable people may disagree on the extent to which Obama is responsible for that. But the fact is undeniable."

So we can take that to be factual evidence that the policies of the democrats, while rammed through a democratic controlled congress and signed into law by a democrat president (I'm sure with the best of 'intentions'), have in reality forwarded their racist agenda of controlling minorities for their own political ends. The Dems were the political party of racists in the 60's, they're still the political party of racists today, they just got a little slicker in convincing the blacks they're there to 'help' them.

I said it was an interesting article. It made several other valid points as well. While the article is thought provoking, your rush to judgement is sophomoric.


Sophomoric's generous. I give it about fifth grade


By all means lets dismiss the truth as sophomoric. Your usual clap trap doesn't fly here. Show how he is wrong. Blacks are definably worse off since Obama was elected. So is the nation as a whole. The economy is still in the crapper. He wasted what could have been an epic economic come back through stimulus by paying off his cronies, and paying the banks that caused the problem.

You are being sophomoric with you continual efforts to dismiss that which is clear truth. It is a regular habit of yours.



What I don't get is the whole 'rush to judgement' crap dude halfheartedly tried to sling. I didn't rush to judge...the article did. I merely highlighted the fact that the author of the article stated that it's undeniable that under obama's policies that blacks as a group are measurably worse off. Don't trust me? Go back and see the part I highlighted in red. As far as sophmoric or fifth grade... I guess that's dude's and BDD2's reading comprehension level if they really think I, and not the author, 'rushed to judge' obama for his racist policies.





And I'm still glad to see that BDD2 agrees with most thinking people that the dems are (and have always been) the party of rampant institutionalized racisim. :hi: Too bad dude dosen't get it. :sad:
High Sierras
hunter
 
Posts: 675
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:34 pm
Location: above the snow line most of the year


Re: I remember the "I Have a Dream" speech

Postby Andy W » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:23 pm

blackduckdog2 wrote:You really wanna play the "ugly-schit-people-we-admire-have-done" game? It covers a lot of territory, you know?

Wasn't that your point with this thread?

And I do agree, it would cover a lot of territory.
Andy W
hunter
 
Posts: 614
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:30 am
Location: KY

Re: I remember the "I Have a Dream" speech

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:35 pm

Andy W wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:You really wanna play the "ugly-schit-people-we-admire-have-done" game? It covers a lot of territory, you know?

Wasn't that your point with this thread?

And I do agree, it would cover a lot of territory.

We should play that game and then see what it tells us.

It tells us that a lot of people we admire have done ugly schit :fingerhead:

So what does a logical person conclude from that? :huh:

There is a good chance that the people we empower, most of which we do not admire and many of which we despise and the vast majority we have never heard of, are going to do some ugly schit.

Given that the people we empower are highly likely to do some ugly schit because even the people we admire often have, how do we prevent that ugly schit from hitting the proverbial fan and not end up with ugly schit all over us? :huh:

Or we can just disregard this fact and hope for positive change and empower the people that are likely to do ugly schit and just assume they will do that ugly schit to other people that I guess it is acceptable to do ugly schit to.

It was no more acceptable to do that ugly schit to black people in the past than it is to allow it to happen to others in the future.

Empowering people likely to do ugly schit to try to stop others from doing ugly schit just seems like the ugliest schittiest plan of all :yes:
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
User avatar
SpinnerMan
hunter
 
Posts: 16195
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:24 am
Location: Joliet, IL

Re: I remember the "I Have a Dream" speech

Postby blackduckdog2 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:44 pm

High Sierras wrote:What I don't get is the whole 'rush to judgement' crap dude halfheartedly tried to sling. I didn't rush to judge...the article did. I merely highlighted the fact that the author of the article stated that it's undeniable that under obama's policies that blacks as a group are measurably worse off. Don't trust me? Go back and see the part I highlighted in red. As far as sophmoric or fifth grade... I guess that's dude's and BDD2's reading comprehension level if they really think I, and not the author, 'rushed to judge' obama for his racist policies.





And I'm still glad to see that BDD2 agrees with most thinking people that the dems are (and have always been) the party of rampant institutionalized racisim. :hi: Too bad dude dosen't get it. :sad:
OK now, lemme see if I got this straight.......Under GWB, a whole lot of white folks were waayy worse off by the time he'd done doin' his thang there, so you gotta figure he was one horribly racist dude, of the anti-Caucasion persuasion, right? See, that's the kind of "logic" you're trying to pass off here. A rush to judgment's a pretty good description, in the sense that you rushed through the article trying to find something, anything on which you could negatively judge the current President of the United States. Or you could just call it silly, like most of your arguments
"We have met the enemy, and he is us."
Walt Kelly, via Slow's avatar. Look it up
User avatar
blackduckdog2
hunter
 
Posts: 6290
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:02 am

Re: I remember the "I Have a Dream" speech

Postby beretta24 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:52 pm

sampsonhuntin wrote:
beretta24 wrote:
sampsonhuntin wrote:MLK beat white hookers. And Don Imus calls a few girls from Rutgers nappy headed hoes. MLK has his own holiday and is regarded as a hero. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.

Got a source for the first claim?

It's on snopes, must be true.
http://www.snopes.com/history/american/mlking.asp

Not quite what snopes said....hookers maybe, beating white ones not likely.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2
User avatar
beretta24
State Moderator
 
Posts: 5941
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:54 pm
Location: MN

Re: I remember the "I Have a Dream" speech

Postby sampsonhuntin » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:54 pm

blackduckdog2 wrote:
sampsonhuntin wrote:MLK beat white hookers. And Don Imus calls a few girls from Rutgers nappy headed hoes. MLK has his own holiday and is regarded as a hero. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.

You really wanna play the "ugly-schit-people-we-admire-have-done" game? It covers a lot of territory, you know?

Yeah, sure. I realize it covers a lot of territory.
Underradar wrote:If you are gonna be a duckhunting badass, you need that barrel sticker that reads:

Prison Is My Futre


copterdoc wrote:trim, for grinding.
User avatar
sampsonhuntin
hunter
 
Posts: 2640
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:45 am
Location: roseboro, north carolina

Re: I remember the

Postby sampsonhuntin » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:55 pm

beretta24 wrote:
sampsonhuntin wrote:
beretta24 wrote:
sampsonhuntin wrote:MLK beat white hookers. And Don Imus calls a few girls from Rutgers nappy headed hoes. MLK has his own holiday and is regarded as a hero. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.

Got a source for the first claim?

It's on snopes, must be true.
http://www.snopes.com/history/american/mlking.asp

Not quite what snopes said....hookers maybe, beating white ones not likely.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2

See #4
Underradar wrote:If you are gonna be a duckhunting badass, you need that barrel sticker that reads:

Prison Is My Futre


copterdoc wrote:trim, for grinding.
User avatar
sampsonhuntin
hunter
 
Posts: 2640
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:45 am
Location: roseboro, north carolina

Re: I remember the "I Have a Dream" speech

Postby beretta24 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:32 pm

sampsonhuntin wrote:
beretta24 wrote:
sampsonhuntin wrote:
beretta24 wrote:
sampsonhuntin wrote:MLK beat white hookers. And Don Imus calls a few girls from Rutgers nappy headed hoes. MLK has his own holiday and is regarded as a hero. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.

Got a source for the first claim?

It's on snopes, must be true.
http://www.snopes.com/history/american/mlking.asp

Not quite what snopes said....hookers maybe, beating white ones not likely.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2

See #4

That was the "rumor" or claim if you will, but the was no info to back it up in the Snopes "review" below, only reports that he cheated on his wife with black women.

Appears to me beating white hookers is a stretch based on the info ay hand. But maybe well learn more in 2027.
User avatar
beretta24
State Moderator
 
Posts: 5941
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:54 pm
Location: MN

Re: I remember the

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:36 pm

beretta24 wrote:
sampsonhuntin wrote:
beretta24 wrote:
sampsonhuntin wrote:
beretta24 wrote:
sampsonhuntin wrote:MLK beat white hookers. And Don Imus calls a few girls from Rutgers nappy headed hoes. MLK has his own holiday and is regarded as a hero. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.

Got a source for the first claim?

It's on snopes, must be true.
http://www.snopes.com/history/american/mlking.asp

Not quite what snopes said....hookers maybe, beating white ones not likely.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2

See #4

That was the "rumor" or claim if you will, but the was no info to back it up in the Snopes "review" below, only reports that he cheated on his wife with black women.

Appears to me beating white hookers is a stretch based on the info ay hand. But maybe well learn more in 2027.

makes you wonder why they sealed the records doesn't it......
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 57466
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: I remember the "I Have a Dream" speech

Postby beretta24 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:42 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
beretta24 wrote:
sampsonhuntin wrote:
beretta24 wrote:
sampsonhuntin wrote:
beretta24 wrote:
sampsonhuntin wrote:MLK beat white hookers. And Don Imus calls a few girls from Rutgers nappy headed hoes. MLK has his own holiday and is regarded as a hero. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.

Got a source for the first claim?

It's on snopes, must be true.
http://www.snopes.com/history/american/mlking.asp

Not quite what snopes said....hookers maybe, beating white ones not likely.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2

See #4

That was the "rumor" or claim if you will, but the was no info to back it up in the Snopes "review" below, only reports that he cheated on his wife with black women.

Appears to me beating white hookers is a stretch based on the info ay hand. But maybe well learn more in 2027.

makes you wonder why they sealed the records doesn't it......

I would assume because he cheated on his wife, or because there were discussions that would have danged others politically...might not seem like much now, but back then people cared about infidelity.
User avatar
beretta24
State Moderator
 
Posts: 5941
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:54 pm
Location: MN

Re: I remember the "I Have a Dream" speech

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:11 pm

Sorry...had to post this...
























































Image

Season is almost here fellas.... :wink:
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 57466
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: I remember the "I Have a Dream" speech

Postby High Sierras » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:46 pm

blackduckdog2 wrote:
High Sierras wrote:What I don't get is the whole 'rush to judgement' crap dude halfheartedly tried to sling. I didn't rush to judge...the article did. I merely highlighted the fact that the author of the article stated that it's undeniable that under obama's policies that blacks as a group are measurably worse off. Don't trust me? Go back and see the part I highlighted in red. As far as sophmoric or fifth grade... I guess that's dude's and BDD2's reading comprehension level if they really think I, and not the author, 'rushed to judge' obama for his racist policies.



And I'm still glad to see that BDD2 agrees with most thinking people that the dems are (and have always been) the party of rampant institutionalized racisim. :hi: Too bad dude dosen't get it. :sad:
OK now, lemme see if I got this straight.......Under GWB, a whole lot of white folks were waayy worse off by the time he'd done doin' his thang there, so you gotta figure he was one horribly racist dude, of the anti-Caucasion persuasion, right? See, that's the kind of "logic" you're trying to pass off here. A rush to judgment's a pretty good description, in the sense that you rushed through the article trying to find something, anything on which you could negatively judge the current President of the United States. Or you could just call it silly, like most of your arguments

Whoa... you sure we were reading the same article? The one Dude linked to never even mentioned GWB. Oh, wait, that's your reading comprehension issue raising its blunt head shaped appendage, yet again. I wasn't trying to 'pass off' any kind of logic into what the author was saying, merely pointing out the author stated in the article that blacks are measurably worse off under Obama's racist policies. The fact you have no way to control yourself from trying to turn any negative attention from your messiah into a "But...but... GWB was way worse! Just imagine how bad things were under GWB! Don't look at Obama's foibles, don't you dare insult the greatest president we've ever had, let's look over here at how bad it was under GWB!" Still twisting the truth into whatever knots you need to to keep your little universe tilted to the left... now who sounds silly?
High Sierras
hunter
 
Posts: 675
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:34 pm
Location: above the snow line most of the year

Re: I remember the "I Have a Dream" speech

Postby dudejcb » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:50 pm

High Sierras wrote:
ScaupHunter wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:
dudejcb wrote:
High Sierras wrote:Dude,

I read your 4 page article. Page 4 is pretty excoriating on the resident "D" in the White House where your article states:

"There’s no questioning the symbolic value of electing a black president. Yet the fact remains that African-Americans are no better off materially as a result, even if they may have been worse off had he lost, and that the economic gap between blacks and whites has grown under his presidency. The ascent of America’s first black president has coincided with the descent of black Americans’ standard of living. [size=150]Reasonable people may disagree on the extent to which Obama is responsible for that. But the fact is undeniable."[/size]

So we can take that to be factual evidence that the policies of the democrats, while rammed through a democratic controlled congress and signed into law by a democrat president (I'm sure with the best of 'intentions'), have in reality forwarded their racist agenda of controlling minorities for their own political ends. The Dems were the political party of racists in the 60's, they're still the political party of racists today, they just got a little slicker in convincing the blacks they're there to 'help' them.

I said it was an interesting article. It made several other valid points as well. While the article is thought provoking, your rush to judgement is sophomoric.


Sophomoric's generous. I give it about fifth grade


By all means lets dismiss the truth as sophomoric. Your usual clap trap doesn't fly here. Show how he is wrong. Blacks are definably worse off since Obama was elected. So is the nation as a whole. The economy is still in the crapper. He wasted what could have been an epic economic come back through stimulus by paying off his cronies, and paying the banks that caused the problem.

You are being sophomoric with you continual efforts to dismiss that which is clear truth. It is a regular habit of yours.



What I don't get is the whole 'rush to judgement' crap dude halfheartedly tried to sling. I didn't rush to judge...the article did. I merely highlighted the fact that the author of the article stated that it's undeniable that under obama's policies that blacks as a group are measurably worse off. Don't trust me? Go back and see the part I highlighted in red. As far as sophmoric or fifth grade... I guess that's dude's and BDD2's reading comprehension level if they really think I, and not the author, 'rushed to judge' obama for his racist policies.
:
Okay Sierra, you are assigning blame to specific individual and party which is sophomoric whether you recognize it or not. Go back, SEE WHAT I HIGHLIGHTED IN BLUE. Are you suggesting Obama and Dems had a free hand to implement changes and the R's were supportive? There were no filibusters, no refusals to particpate in governance, to fund the government in general. Were that the case perhaps we might have some cause and effect, and your claims might have a scintilla of legitimacy, but reality (read that: the truth) doesn't jive with your (sophomoric) agenda to lay all blame at Dems or Obama's feet. You are hoping to gain from self fulfilling prophesies cultivated by the right. Too bad none of us are stupid enough to buy into your simplistic nonsense. Grow up, view things in actual context, and say something worthwhile.

to set the record stratight, Obama and the Democratic party are not blameless. Neither are the R's and certainly the TB's share a large portion of the blame for the state we are in.

As for whether we are in worse shape now that before Obama was elected: all I can say is you have very a selective, self-serving, and disingenuous memory.
Last edited by dudejcb on Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
User avatar
dudejcb
hunter
 
Posts: 5250
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:29 am
Location: SW Idaho

Re: I remember the "I Have a Dream" speech

Postby blackduckdog2 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:28 pm

High Sierras wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:
High Sierras wrote:What I don't get is the whole 'rush to judgement' crap dude halfheartedly tried to sling. I didn't rush to judge...the article did. I merely highlighted the fact that the author of the article stated that it's undeniable that under obama's policies that blacks as a group are measurably worse off. Don't trust me? Go back and see the part I highlighted in red. As far as sophmoric or fifth grade... I guess that's dude's and BDD2's reading comprehension level if they really think I, and not the author, 'rushed to judge' obama for his racist policies.



And I'm still glad to see that BDD2 agrees with most thinking people that the dems are (and have always been) the party of rampant institutionalized racisim. :hi: Too bad dude dosen't get it. :sad:
OK now, lemme see if I got this straight.......Under GWB, a whole lot of white folks were waayy worse off by the time he'd done doin' his thang there, so you gotta figure he was one horribly racist dude, of the anti-Caucasion persuasion, right? See, that's the kind of "logic" you're trying to pass off here. A rush to judgment's a pretty good description, in the sense that you rushed through the article trying to find something, anything on which you could negatively judge the current President of the United States. Or you could just call it silly, like most of your arguments

Whoa... you sure we were reading the same article? The one Dude linked to never even mentioned GWB. Oh, wait, that's your reading comprehension issue raising its blunt head shaped appendage, yet again. I wasn't trying to 'pass off' any kind of logic into what the author was saying, merely pointing out the author stated in the article that blacks are measurably worse off under Obama's racist policies. The fact you have no way to control yourself from trying to turn any negative attention from your messiah into a "But...but... GWB was way worse! Just imagine how bad things were under GWB! Don't look at Obama's foibles, don't you dare insult the greatest president we've ever had, let's look over here at how bad it was under GWB!" Still twisting the truth into whatever knots you need to to keep your little universe tilted to the left... now who sounds silly?

Oh, I forgot......... no one is ever allowed to utter the name of GWB. Sorry. This is such an idiotic conservative conceit. I didn't "blame" the former president for anything (though God knows he's culpable for plenty) If I want to use GWB to illustrate a point, I'm damned well going to use GWB to illustrate a point. When are you righties going to get over your knee-jerk reaction on the man? I'm so sick of watching you wet your pants any time I want to refer IN ANY WAY to the previous administration, screaming "Oh, you're blaming Bush. You're blaming Bush. Why can't you ever do anything but blame Bush" USING GWB IN A HYPOTHETICAL EXAMPLE IS NOT BLAMING BUSH! For chrissakes this is ridiculous
And is the concept of inaccurate extrapolation from the data at hand so foreign to you that you believe that you can pass off your ridiculously twisted opinions as fact simply by waving at a quote? I get what the writer said. I get what you tried to imply he meant. And most importantly, I get how long a walk it is between the two. Try and step it up a bit and stop being Spinner Lite, for chrissakes. At least he can back it up with some heavy hitting. Argue the issue at hand, not one you made up
"We have met the enemy, and he is us."
Walt Kelly, via Slow's avatar. Look it up
User avatar
blackduckdog2
hunter
 
Posts: 6290
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:02 am

Re: I remember the "I Have a Dream" speech

Postby assateague » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:25 pm

Image
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
User avatar
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire
 
Posts: 21277
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:25 pm
Location: Eastern Shore, People's Republic of Maryland

Re: I remember the "I Have a Dream" speech

Postby beretta24 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:52 pm

assateague wrote:Image

Are you saying he's still alive?

If so, who the hell is gonna fill the roll of princess Leia...not sure I wanna know.
User avatar
beretta24
State Moderator
 
Posts: 5941
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:54 pm
Location: MN

Re: I remember the

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:57 pm

beretta24 wrote:
assateague wrote:Image

Are you saying he's still alive?

If so, who the hell is gonna fill the roll of princess Leia...not sure I wanna know.

she'll be beaten and bruised anyway.....@ :hammer:
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 57466
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: I remember the "I Have a Dream" speech

Postby High Sierras » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:21 pm

dudejcb wrote:
High Sierras wrote:
ScaupHunter wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:
dudejcb wrote:
High Sierras wrote:Dude,

I read your 4 page article. Page 4 is pretty excoriating on the resident "D" in the White House where your article states:

"There’s no questioning the symbolic value of electing a black president. Yet the fact remains that African-Americans are no better off materially as a result, even if they may have been worse off had he lost, and that the economic gap between blacks and whites has grown under his presidency. The ascent of America’s first black president has coincided with the descent of black Americans’ standard of living. Reasonable people may disagree on the extent to which Obama is responsible for that. But the fact is undeniable."

So we can take that to be factual evidence that the policies of the democrats, while rammed through a democratic controlled congress and signed into law by a democrat president (I'm sure with the best of 'intentions'), have in reality forwarded their racist agenda of controlling minorities for their own political ends. The Dems were the political party of racists in the 60's, they're still the political party of racists today, they just got a little slicker in convincing the blacks they're there to 'help' them.

I said it was an interesting article. It made several other valid points as well. While the article is thought provoking, your rush to judgement is sophomoric.

Sophomoric's generous. I give it about fifth grade

By all means lets dismiss the truth as sophomoric. Your usual clap trap doesn't fly here. Show how he is wrong. Blacks are definably worse off since Obama was elected. So is the nation as a whole. The economy is still in the crapper. He wasted what could have been an epic economic come back through stimulus by paying off his cronies, and paying the banks that caused the problem.

You are being sophomoric with you continual efforts to dismiss that which is clear truth. It is a regular habit of yours.


What I don't get is the whole 'rush to judgement' crap dude halfheartedly tried to sling. I didn't rush to judge...the article did. I merely highlighted the fact that the author of the article stated that it's undeniable that under obama's policies that blacks as a group are measurably worse off. Don't trust me? Go back and see the part I highlighted in red. As far as sophmoric or fifth grade... I guess that's dude's and BDD2's reading comprehension level if they really think I, and not the author, 'rushed to judge' obama for his racist policies.

Okay Sierra, you are assigning blame to specific individual and party which is sophomoric whether you recognize it or not. Go back, SEE WHAT I HIGHLIGHTED IN BLUE. Are you suggesting Obama and Dems had a free hand to implement changes and the R's were supportive? There were no filibusters, no refusals to particpate in governance, to fund the government in general. Were that the case perhaps we might have some cause and effect, and your claims might have a scintilla of legitimacy, but reality (read that: the truth) doesn't jive with your (sophomoric) agenda to lay all blame at Dems or Obama's feet. You are hoping to gain from self fulfilling prophesies cultivated by the right. Too bad none of us are stupid enough to buy into your simplistic nonsense. Grow up, view things in actual context, and say something worthwhile. to set the record stratight, Obama and the Democratic party are not blameless. Neither are the R's and certainly the TB's share a large portion of the blame for the state we are in.

As for whether we are in worse shape now that before Obama was elected: all I can say is you have very a selective, self-serving, and disingenuous memory.

Again, the 'resigned sigh' emoticon would be helpful here...I'll try and point it out for both you and BDD2's benefit, again, since READING COMPREHENSION is clearly not either of your strong suits. The author of the article (not me) stated that:
dude's article wrote:There’s no questioning the symbolic value of electing a black president. Yet the fact remains that African-Americans are no better off materially as a result, even if they may have been worse off had he lost, and that the economic gap between blacks and whites has grown under his presidency. The ascent of America’s first black president has coincided with the descent of black Americans’ standard of living. Reasonable people may disagree on the extent to which Obama is responsible for that. But the fact is undeniable."


Yet you both seem to think I'm the one making that statement. See your first sentence, where you used the word 'sophmoric'??? Whoops. Reading comprehension error #1, forgetting who was the author of the article you linked to, and assuming his statement was mine.

And Dude, as far as that statement you carefully highlighted in blue crayon above... I didn't say that either, Scauphunter did. He's even quoted ...yet you think I said it. Reading comprehension #1 comes back again. Whoops. You also seem to think I'm the one with "...a very selective, self-serving, and disingenuous memory." Whoops. Reading error #2, misunderstanding the author who cited the fact that blacks are worse off under Obama than they were before, and assuming I said it. Whoops x2.

Reading comprehension error #3 was assuming that the article somehow had GWB in it. I can sort of see where BDD2 got that... I mean the initials 'GWB' and 'BHO' look almost totally identical if you squint enough, and your brain lays against the left side of your skull a little too long, and there's a whole lot of water for it to slosh around in... but hey, what's a little hypothetical example totally not related to the article at hand among friends anyways, as long as it casts the lime light off your little organizer buddy and back on your whipping boy, right BDD2???







blackduckdog2 wrote: "...try and step it up a bit and stop being Spinner Lite, for chrissakes. At least he can back it up with some heavy hitting. Argue the issue at hand, not one you made up

Wow... do you get the tinglies for Spinner or something? Almost a one sided bromance peaking out there.



OK, now that was sophmoric, I'll admit. Still funny, but sophmoric.
High Sierras
hunter
 
Posts: 675
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:34 pm
Location: above the snow line most of the year

Re: I remember the "I Have a Dream" speech

Postby blackduckdog2 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:12 am

Me and Spinner are good because, unlike you, we each bring something to the table to fight over. But here, I dumbed it down for ya and replaced the Bush stuff so's you wouldn't wet your pants anymore.
Under Herbert Hoover, a whole lot of white folks were waayy worse off by the time he'd done doin' his thang there, so you gotta figure he was one horribly racist dude, of the anti-Caucasion persuasion, right? See, that's the kind of "logic" you're trying to pass off here.
That better?
Here let me explain the actual point in question as well, since you're having so much trouble with it. The fact that a certain group of voters may not be faring particularly well under a certain administration does not mean that administration is not doing everything it can to alleviate those circumstances. It may be, or it may not be. Insisting that it does only shows your Obama hating agenda. But of course, since pretty much everything you post shows little but your Obama hating agenda, it shouldn't come as a real shock. (it didn't)
"We have met the enemy, and he is us."
Walt Kelly, via Slow's avatar. Look it up
User avatar
blackduckdog2
hunter
 
Posts: 6290
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:02 am

Re: I remember the "I Have a Dream" speech

Postby Andy W » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:01 am

blackduckdog2 wrote:Here let me explain the actual point in question as well, since you're having so much trouble with it. The fact that a certain group of voters may not be faring particularly well under a certain administration does not mean that administration is not doing everything it can to alleviate those circumstances.

Are you admitting he may be an incompetent boob?
Andy W
hunter
 
Posts: 614
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:30 am
Location: KY

Re: I remember the "I Have a Dream" speech

Postby SpinnerMan » Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:50 am

Andy W wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:Here let me explain the actual point in question as well, since you're having so much trouble with it. The fact that a certain group of voters may not be faring particularly well under a certain administration does not mean that administration is not doing everything it can to alleviate those circumstances.

Are you admitting he may be an incompetent boob?

The favorite of the liberals. Sure our guy failed, but we know your guy would have failed far worse.

Can you imagine what kind of disaster Detroit would be if it were run by conservatives and not liberals.? Wow we dodged a bullet there, if if thousands of residents of Detroit have not been able to dodge bullets.

The only thing that matters seems to be

Image

It sure as hell is not the life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness of the minorities in Democrat enclaves. Not their education, not their safety, nothing but their vote.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
User avatar
SpinnerMan
hunter
 
Posts: 16195
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:24 am
Location: Joliet, IL

Re: I remember the "I Have a Dream" speech

Postby blackduckdog2 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:01 am

Andy W wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:Here let me explain the actual point in question as well, since you're having so much trouble with it. The fact that a certain group of voters may not be faring particularly well under a certain administration does not mean that administration is not doing everything it can to alleviate those circumstances.

Are you admitting he may be an incompetent boob?

Are we negotiating here? That certainly seems fruitful :lol3:
"We have met the enemy, and he is us."
Walt Kelly, via Slow's avatar. Look it up
User avatar
blackduckdog2
hunter
 
Posts: 6290
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:02 am

Re: I remember the "I Have a Dream" speech

Postby blackduckdog2 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:04 am

SpinnerMan wrote:The favorite of the liberals. Sure our guy failed, but we know your guy would have failed far worse.


I'd be curious to know when you have felt differently after your guy failed to live up to expectations. Pining away for Gore during the Bush years, were you? :help:
"We have met the enemy, and he is us."
Walt Kelly, via Slow's avatar. Look it up
User avatar
blackduckdog2
hunter
 
Posts: 6290
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:02 am

Re: I remember the "I Have a Dream" speech

Postby assateague » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:39 am

I've been pining away for Reagan since 1989.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
User avatar
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire
 
Posts: 21277
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:25 pm
Location: Eastern Shore, People's Republic of Maryland

Re: I remember the "I Have a Dream" speech

Postby blackduckdog2 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:57 am

assateague wrote:I've been pining away for Reagan since 1989.

That's not quite parallel, though. I think Spinner's assertion is that since we got our guy in there now, and are, to varying degrees bummed out about it, we can console ourselves that at least he's better than Romney (which I firmly believe, btw). And then I countered with the idea that we ALL do that when our guy drops the ball, as I'm sure he did when Bush failed conservative expect ions (note to HS........contrary to what you are now foaming at the mouth over, I did NOT just blame Bush. Put it back in your pants) Hence my ironic jape over Spinner pining for Gore, but come on, pining for Reagan's not quite the same, because even if you weren't satisfied with GWB (CHILL, HS!) you certainly were happier with him than AL, right?
Man that was a tortured exposition....... :oops: sorry :oops:
"We have met the enemy, and he is us."
Walt Kelly, via Slow's avatar. Look it up
User avatar
blackduckdog2
hunter
 
Posts: 6290
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:02 am

PreviousNext

Return to Controversial Issues Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests