I remember the "I Have a Dream" speech

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Re: I remember the "I Have a Dream" speech

Postby Glimmerjim » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:00 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:OK Jim, I have never said that Rush is an educator and neither has Rush, so I really don't get your point. I am a firm believer in what Neil Boortz used to say which was something like don’t believe anything you hear on The Neal Boortz Show unless it is consistent with what you already know to be true, or unless you have taken the time to research the matter to prove its accuracy to your own satisfaction.

Most errors we make are when we fail to be as skeptical as we should be. This is especially true when it comes to politicians. What I never get is why we fail to be skeptical of politicians when we know from the vast experience of history that they cannot be trusted and may be totally disastrous if given too much power with your Mein Kampf reference flagging what is possible in the real world.

Glimmerjim wrote:pin. Consider what can be done other than post opinions on a duck sluicing site!
I just want to be left the hell alone. Why do I have to fight against every damned liberal in the country in order to be left the hell alone? Live and let live. That's all I desire. I'll take responsibility for my life and you take for your and every other adult in the country does the same. Yet, the liberals insist on forcing their feelings upon me in all kinds of silly ways as opposed to fighting to help me to live my life the way I want to live my life without interference from other people that wish to take my life, liberty, or property without my consent or through fraud.

Sincerely, because I feel you have more potential, Spinner. You consider things. Many of which I don't agree with, but many I respect and consider as well considered. It just strikes me that someone that focuses so much of their time and energy on considering and condemning the current state of our Republc's politics has no interest in making an attempt to improve them.
Glimmerjim
hunter
 
Posts: 10865
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:41 am


Re: I remember the

Postby TomKat » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:51 am

assateague wrote:Ultimately it's all "feeling", even if facts are logically considered. Each person's life experience will dictate how each fact (or set of facts) is weighted when they are making their decision. Thus a group of people, presented with an identical list of 5 possible facts and/or their consequent outcomes may choose widely varying options. Why? "Feelings".


50/50 chance you are right
Image
User avatar
TomKat
Dorothy
 
Posts: 11497
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:18 am
Location: NE Kansas

Re: I remember the "I Have a Dream" speech

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:44 pm

Glimmerjim wrote:Sincerely, because I feel you have more potential, Spinner. You consider things. Many of which I don't agree with, but many I respect and consider as well considered. It just strikes me that someone that focuses so much of their time and energy on considering and condemning the current state of our Republc's politics has no interest in making an attempt to improve them.

You cannot fix society from top down. Countless attempts have been made but they all end in some form of authoritarianism. Religious, secular, whether focused on social or economic issues, whatever it is. When you try to fundamentally transform something from the top down, that is accepting of an authoritarian system and it is doomed to failure.

I don't think the Republican party will be fixed any more than I think the country will be. I believe Detroit is the canary dead in the mine as all the pseudo-intellectuals and power hungry politicians tell us that it means nothing, so keep moving forward.

Image

California, probably the state with the single greatest potential in the nation for so many reasons has a large net outflux of Americans. How do you fix that?

Republican politics and Democrat politics is simply a reflection of society. You fix society from the bottom up. I think there is a large core of society that is simply rotting and it is a number of factors, but the biggest is the social welfare system and the entitlement mentality that it breeds.

"If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well.”

"And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you — ask what you can do for your country."

"All Government employees should realize that the process of collective bargaining, as usually understood, cannot be transplanted into the public service. It has its distinct and insurmountable limitations when applied to public personnel management. The very nature and purposes of Government make it impossible for administrative officials to represent fully or to bind the employer in mutual discussions with Government employee organizations. The employer is the whole people, who speak by means of laws enacted by their representatives in Congress. Accordingly, administrative officials and employees alike are governed and guided, and in many instances restricted, by laws which establish policies, procedures, or rules in personnel matters.

Particularly, I want to emphasize my conviction that militant tactics have no place in the functions of any organization of Government employees. Upon employees in the Federal service rests the obligation to serve the whole people, whose interests and welfare require orderliness and continuity in the conduct of Government activities. This obligation is paramount. Since their own services have to do with the functioning of the Government, a strike of public employees manifests nothing less than an intent on their part to prevent or obstruct the operations of Government until their demands are satisfied."

Will you ever hear these things from a Republican or are they too radically right-wing? Yet these are quotes from great heros of Democrats. :huh:

I think we are beyond fixing. I work for the government. The insanity that I go through regularly and today was particularly insane, I think it is hopeless.

I don't wish to fix anything. I wish to get to the point that I can retire, assume that is even ever possible given the path we are on and then simply be done.
Image

So why do I do what I do here?
Image
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
User avatar
SpinnerMan
hunter
 
Posts: 16293
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:24 am
Location: Joliet, IL

Re: I remember the "I Have a Dream" speech

Postby Glimmerjim » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:06 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:Sincerely, because I feel you have more potential, Spinner. You consider things. Many of which I don't agree with, but many I respect and consider as well considered. It just strikes me that someone that focuses so much of their time and energy on considering and condemning the current state of our Republc's politics has no interest in making an attempt to improve them.

You cannot fix society from top down. Countless attempts have been made but they all end in some form of authoritarianism. Religious, secular, whether focused on social or economic issues, whatever it is. When you try to fundamentally transform something from the top down, that is accepting of an authoritarian system and it is doomed to failure.

I don't think the Republican party will be fixed any more than I think the country will be. I believe Detroit is the canary dead in the mine as all the pseudo-intellectuals and power hungry politicians tell us that it means nothing, so keep moving forward.

Image

California, probably the state with the single greatest potential in the nation for so many reasons has a large net outflux of Americans. How do you fix that?

Republican politics and Democrat politics is simply a reflection of society. You fix society from the bottom up. I think there is a large core of society that is simply rotting and it is a number of factors, but the biggest is the social welfare system and the entitlement mentality that it breeds.

"If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well.”

"And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you — ask what you can do for your country."

"All Government employees should realize that the process of collective bargaining, as usually understood, cannot be transplanted into the public service. It has its distinct and insurmountable limitations when applied to public personnel management. The very nature and purposes of Government make it impossible for administrative officials to represent fully or to bind the employer in mutual discussions with Government employee organizations. The employer is the whole people, who speak by means of laws enacted by their representatives in Congress. Accordingly, administrative officials and employees alike are governed and guided, and in many instances restricted, by laws which establish policies, procedures, or rules in personnel matters.

Particularly, I want to emphasize my conviction that militant tactics have no place in the functions of any organization of Government employees. Upon employees in the Federal service rests the obligation to serve the whole people, whose interests and welfare require orderliness and continuity in the conduct of Government activities. This obligation is paramount. Since their own services have to do with the functioning of the Government, a strike of public employees manifests nothing less than an intent on their part to prevent or obstruct the operations of Government until their demands are satisfied."

Will you ever hear these things from a Republican or are they too radically right-wing? Yet these are quotes from great heros of Democrats. :huh:

I think we are beyond fixing. I work for the government. The insanity that I go through regularly and today was particularly insane, I think it is hopeless.

I don't wish to fix anything. I wish to get to the point that I can retire, assume that is even ever possible given the path we are on and then simply be done.
Image

So why do I do what I do here?
Image

:lol3: :lol3: :clapping:
Glimmerjim
hunter
 
Posts: 10865
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:41 am

Re: I remember the "I Have a Dream" speech

Postby ScaupHunter » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:19 pm

The problem is that once you retire some DB idiot is gonna have to find a new way to screw with you and tax you more. Liberals simply cannot leave a strong functioning system alone. They have to "feel" like they are doing something. This constant " moving forward" is a regression back to oppressive behaviors and our past ill behaviors as humans. Liberals and progressives simply can't look past their feelings to see the truth of it.

I agree that we need to just bloody well leave the law abiding citizens alone as a nation. We are way over regulated in this country. It is completely ridiculous how we have become a nanny state. We need to severly punish or remove criminals as a body from society. Each adult citizen needs to be responsible for their own welfare, care, and funding.

I would love to live in a free society where I only had to worry about me and mine. I would live far better than I do now.

Jim,

You know better than to ask a reasonable man to try and fix a totally broken and corrupt system. You either dismantle and completely rebuild, or get a new system.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
User avatar
ScaupHunter
hunter
 
Posts: 6702
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:57 am

Re: I remember the "I Have a Dream" speech

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:41 pm

ScaupHunter wrote:Each adult citizen needs to be responsible for their own welfare, care, and funding.
If you are not responsible for yourself, how are you not still nothing more than a child regardless of the age on your racially discriminator government issued ID?

We rightfully mock, or we used to, adult children still living at home off of their parents. What the hell is the difference if it is Uncle Sam that you are living off of and not yourself? You are still a child not responsible for yourself.

Image

Who do you think you are? Uncle Sam's trophy wife where screwing America is all you should be expected to do to live your life style at Uncle Sam's expense.

There is just no shame in not being able to support your self. If a man could not support his family, he was a failure. Today, he's not even ashamed if he doesn't know who his family is or how many kids he has got.

A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
User avatar
SpinnerMan
hunter
 
Posts: 16293
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:24 am
Location: Joliet, IL

Re: I remember the "I Have a Dream" speech

Postby ScaupHunter » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:53 pm

It is a steady movement to dismantle what has made America strong and a great nation. They have to destroy Christian beliefs that are the basis of our system of government and actions as a nation. They have to seperate the citizen from patriotism, self reliance, and belief that they rule the government. The progressives have set out to systematically destroy the foundations of our nation so they can turn us socialist or communist.

Folks here will try and cry foul, and blather on, but the truth is sitting there for everyone to see. The systematic decay of Chicago, Detroit, DC, and many other places is all the proof we need. The facts are clear. We all know who ran those places into despair and destruction. Liberals openly support the horrible effects of the welfare system on America and it's people. Along with the constant belittlement of patriotic beliefs, attacks on christian beliefs, etc.... Progressive's ( liberals ) simply cannot stand someone else not believing what they do. They cannot stand back and say hey, you there, the adult citizen, fend for yourself, pay your bills, and we will let you live your life. They can't stand the idea that life isn't fair for someone. The problem is their version of fair is based on their feeling of the moment, and no sense of reality.

It really comes down to intentional stupidity. Any adult human being who can stand there and look at our debt load, where society is today, how many once prosperous areas are in total decay, and declare we need more of the same is an absolute moron. They are intentionally putting their blinders on to keep from seeing the truth. The liberal effort has failed, the system is failing, debt is about to crash on us like a tidal wave, and some folks think we can keep doing the same things. Hell, pretty much every communist nation has fallen or is falling. Socialism has run it's course and is failing under it's own weight. Now a bunch of JA's think they can magically make it work here.

We all know the definition of insanity.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
User avatar
ScaupHunter
hunter
 
Posts: 6702
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:57 am

Re: I remember the "I Have a Dream" speech

Postby blackduckdog2 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:24 pm

ScaupHunter wrote:Folks here will try and cry foul, and blather on, but the truth is sitting there for everyone to see. The systematic decay of Chicago, Detroit, DC, and many other places is all the proof we need. The facts are clear. We all know who ran those places into despair and destruction.

Ho hum......... just the same old conservative claptrap, updated for modern vernacular. This is basically the same argument used during the antebellum South to explain the destitution of just freed black folks, only at that time the Abolitionists were to blame, of course.
As if liberals invented urban destitution.........blather away all you want, this argument has never flown with any more than the fringe righties, and it's not about to now. :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
"We have met the enemy, and he is us."
Walt Kelly, via Slow's avatar. Look it up
User avatar
blackduckdog2
hunter
 
Posts: 6290
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:02 am

Re: I remember the "I Have a Dream" speech

Postby wanapasaki » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:32 pm

blackduckdog2 wrote:
ScaupHunter wrote:Folks here will try and cry foul, and blather on, but the truth is sitting there for everyone to see. The systematic decay of Chicago, Detroit, DC, and many other places is all the proof we need. The facts are clear. We all know who ran those places into despair and destruction.

Ho hum......... just the same old conservative claptrap, updated for modern vernacular. This is basically the same argument used during the antebellum South to explain the destitution of just freed black folks, only at that time the Abolitionists were to blame, of course.
As if liberals invented urban destitution.........blather away all you want, this argument has never flown with any more than the fringe righties, and it's not about to now. :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:



wait for it..... Assa will be here to rescue him in a second, and bash you on a personal level in no time. :lol3:
Give a man a duck... Feed him for a day... Teach him to fowl hunt... Feed him for a lifetime...Teach him in your spot... Learn to hunt a different spot....
User avatar
wanapasaki
hunter
 
Posts: 2504
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Tehachapi, CA

Re: I remember the "I Have a Dream" speech

Postby ScaupHunter » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:39 pm

blackduckdog2 wrote:
ScaupHunter wrote:Folks here will try and cry foul, and blather on, but the truth is sitting there for everyone to see. The systematic decay of Chicago, Detroit, DC, and many other places is all the proof we need. The facts are clear. We all know who ran those places into despair and destruction.

Ho hum......... just the same old conservative claptrap, updated for modern vernacular. This is basically the same argument used during the antebellum South to explain the destitution of just freed black folks, only at that time the Abolitionists were to blame, of course.
As if liberals invented urban destitution.........blather away all you want, this argument has never flown with any more than the fringe righties, and it's not about to now. :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:


The facts are clear no matter how hard you try to ignore them. By all means believe what you want. Just don't expect any of us to stick our heads in the sand with you.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
User avatar
ScaupHunter
hunter
 
Posts: 6702
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:57 am

Re: I remember the "I Have a Dream" speech

Postby blackduckdog2 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:40 pm

wanapasaki wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:
ScaupHunter wrote:Folks here will try and cry foul, and blather on, but the truth is sitting there for everyone to see. The systematic decay of Chicago, Detroit, DC, and many other places is all the proof we need. The facts are clear. We all know who ran those places into despair and destruction.

Ho hum......... just the same old conservative claptrap, updated for modern vernacular. This is basically the same argument used during the antebellum South to explain the destitution of just freed black folks, only at that time the Abolitionists were to blame, of course.
As if liberals invented urban destitution.........blather away all you want, this argument has never flown with any more than the fringe righties, and it's not about to now. :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:



wait for it..... Assa will be here to rescue him in a second, and bash you on a personal level in no time. :lol3:

Yeah, he might. But I gotta say AT's never hit me on a personal level. Which I appreciate
"We have met the enemy, and he is us."
Walt Kelly, via Slow's avatar. Look it up
User avatar
blackduckdog2
hunter
 
Posts: 6290
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:02 am

Re: I remember the "I Have a Dream" speech

Postby blackduckdog2 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:42 pm

ScaupHunter wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:
ScaupHunter wrote:Folks here will try and cry foul, and blather on, but the truth is sitting there for everyone to see. The systematic decay of Chicago, Detroit, DC, and many other places is all the proof we need. The facts are clear. We all know who ran those places into despair and destruction.

Ho hum......... just the same old conservative claptrap, updated for modern vernacular. This is basically the same argument used during the antebellum South to explain the destitution of just freed black folks, only at that time the Abolitionists were to blame, of course.
As if liberals invented urban destitution.........blather away all you want, this argument has never flown with any more than the fringe righties, and it's not about to now. :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:


The facts are clear no matter how hard you try to ignore them. By all means believe what you want. Just don't expect any of us to stick our heads in the sand with you.

Lemme ask ya, SCaup.........what about all the horrific slums that existed prior to welfare, or any form of liberal do-gooderism? Where did they come from?
"We have met the enemy, and he is us."
Walt Kelly, via Slow's avatar. Look it up
User avatar
blackduckdog2
hunter
 
Posts: 6290
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:02 am

Re: I remember the "I Have a Dream" speech

Postby Glimmerjim » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:27 am

blackduckdog2 wrote:
ScaupHunter wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:
ScaupHunter wrote:Folks here will try and cry foul, and blather on, but the truth is sitting there for everyone to see. The systematic decay of Chicago, Detroit, DC, and many other places is all the proof we need. The facts are clear. We all know who ran those places into despair and destruction.

Ho hum......... just the same old conservative claptrap, updated for modern vernacular. This is basically the same argument used during the antebellum South to explain the destitution of just freed black folks, only at that time the Abolitionists were to blame, of course.
As if liberals invented urban destitution.........blather away all you want, this argument has never flown with any more than the fringe righties, and it's not about to now. :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:


The facts are clear no matter how hard you try to ignore them. By all means believe what you want. Just don't expect any of us to stick our heads in the sand with you.

Lemme ask ya, SCaup.........what about all the horrific slums that existed prior to welfare, or any form of liberal do-gooderism? Where did they come from?

All the liberals that didn't have an organized, political party yet. They are an evil that has always been with us in one form or another, BDD2. Someone, or some group, HAS to be responsible for the failures of society. Otherwise no one can point fingers and feel sanctimonious about their personal role in the whole affair. Explain how their lingering inhumanities show their ambivalence towards certain travesties have caused a rift that is almost impossible to suture. Inform the uninformed amongst us about how some are simply not born with a will to do the best for themselves. Explain the causes and the perpetrators of downturns in economic stability of the richest nation on earth and who is responsible for the demise of financial ecstasy. About who has demoralized the peoples of a once proud and great nation and over generations of influence resulted in a morphing of that level of man to an animal of no moral conscience, sans the few and the proud that stand above influence from media other informational sources that transform them into self-serving, non-productive members that simply drag a grand society into the bowels of decadence and rotting decay.
That group MUST have a name. They MUST be identifiable, and they MUST be responsible. If only....if only...... WE were free from the moral decadence and intellectual idiocy of these dregs on society we could once again be the rising star in the free world, poised, prepared, ambitious, and ready to take on the task of spreading our wisdom and our sanctity upon the unwashed heathens of the rest of the world, we could once again take the reins of controlling the ascendancy and virtue for which we stand. God give us the strength to smite our enemies and restore America to its rightful place as the land of the free, the brave, and the conservative. And give us the strength of will to never compromise, never show mercy, and never admit past transgressions. Therein lies our strength....never admit our weaknesses or our failures, nor attempt to initiate measures to mitigate the lasting impact of those erors. That is simply weakness. And by God, the America we stand for and believe in will NEVER admit to any form of weakness that would place us on a playing field governed by the same rules as our competitor.
Glimmerjim
hunter
 
Posts: 10865
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:41 am

Re: I remember the "I Have a Dream" speech

Postby SpinnerMan » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:52 am

blackduckdog2 wrote:what about all the horrific slums that existed prior to welfare, or any form of liberal do-gooderism? Where did they come from?
They were temporary. Those people living in them did not expect their kids, grandkids, and great grandkids to be living in the same slum. Those slums were typically the most recent immigrants or often almost refugees and now their great grandkids are often the liberals do-gooders that reject what their ancestors did so that they are not still living in those slums.

It is the generational poverty. It is the social decay most clearly marked by the sky high illegitimacy that did not exist in those slums. It is the lack of hope for a brighter future that is squelched by the insanely high marginal tax rates created by means tested welfare (if you work harder we will take benefits from you).

Bill Cosby has a joke about growing up in the projects and how this was not where they expected to end up. The concept of busting your ass to get your family out of the slums is almost non-existent and that is the result of liberal do-gooderism.

We can't bring in 3rd world immigrants and expect them to immediately live in a 1st world community. We can give them the OPPORTUNITY to work their way out of it and that means starting out at horrible jobs with horrible hours doing horrible things for horrible pay while they instill into their children that if they don't wish to do horrible jobs with horrible hours doing horrible things for horrible pay for their lifetime that they must work hard and study hard and stay out of trouble because in America an African immigrants son can rise all the way to President of the United States. Only in America. I see why liberals have set out to fundamentally transform our nation. :rolleyes:

But yes some of those slums are people that fall back and have to work their way up from the bottom. What the do-gooder liberalism has done is make it far more difficult and much less incentive to work your way out of the slums which is why we see generation after generation living in the same economic conditions with far more social dysfunction.

Glimmerjim wrote: Someone, or some group, HAS to be responsible for the failures of society.
Even if you believe that things are no different, how the Image do you justify spending the insane amount of money we spend in the name of helping. Clearly it has not helped, so what is the moral argument for taking other people's property? Petty jealousy against the 1%'ers?
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
User avatar
SpinnerMan
hunter
 
Posts: 16293
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:24 am
Location: Joliet, IL

Re: I remember the "I Have a Dream" speech

Postby Glimmerjim » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:48 pm

Glimmerjim wrote: Someone, or some group, HAS to be responsible for the failures of society.
SpinnerMan wrote: Even if you believe that things are no different, how the Image do you justify spending the insane amount of money we spend in the name of helping. Clearly it has not helped, so what is the moral argument for taking other people's property? Petty jealousy against the 1%'ers?

Well, there's that, and it certainly beats the hell out of working! :thumbsup:
Glimmerjim
hunter
 
Posts: 10865
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:41 am

Re: I remember the "I Have a Dream" speech

Postby ScaupHunter » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:10 pm

Glimmerjim wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:
ScaupHunter wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:
ScaupHunter wrote:Folks here will try and cry foul, and blather on, but the truth is sitting there for everyone to see. The systematic decay of Chicago, Detroit, DC, and many other places is all the proof we need. The facts are clear. We all know who ran those places into despair and destruction.

Ho hum......... just the same old conservative claptrap, updated for modern vernacular. This is basically the same argument used during the antebellum South to explain the destitution of just freed black folks, only at that time the Abolitionists were to blame, of course.
As if liberals invented urban destitution.........blather away all you want, this argument has never flown with any more than the fringe righties, and it's not about to now. :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:


The facts are clear no matter how hard you try to ignore them. By all means believe what you want. Just don't expect any of us to stick our heads in the sand with you.

Lemme ask ya, SCaup.........what about all the horrific slums that existed prior to welfare, or any form of liberal do-gooderism? Where did they come from?

All the liberals that didn't have an organized, political party yet. They are an evil that has always been with us in one form or another, BDD2. Someone, or some group, HAS to be responsible for the failures of society. Otherwise no one can point fingers and feel sanctimonious about their personal role in the whole affair. Explain how their lingering inhumanities show their ambivalence towards certain travesties have caused a rift that is almost impossible to suture. Inform the uninformed amongst us about how some are simply not born with a will to do the best for themselves. Explain the causes and the perpetrators of downturns in economic stability of the richest nation on earth and who is responsible for the demise of financial ecstasy. About who has demoralized the peoples of a once proud and great nation and over generations of influence resulted in a morphing of that level of man to an animal of no moral conscience, sans the few and the proud that stand above influence from media other informational sources that transform them into self-serving, non-productive members that simply drag a grand society into the bowels of decadence and rotting decay.
That group MUST have a name. They MUST be identifiable, and they MUST be responsible. If only....if only...... WE were free from the moral decadence and intellectual idiocy of these dregs on society we could once again be the rising star in the free world, poised, prepared, ambitious, and ready to take on the task of spreading our wisdom and our sanctity upon the unwashed heathens of the rest of the world, we could once again take the reins of controlling the ascendancy and virtue for which we stand. God give us the strength to smite our enemies and restore America to its rightful place as the land of the free, the brave, and the conservative. And give us the strength of will to never compromise, never show mercy, and never admit past transgressions. Therein lies our strength....never admit our weaknesses or our failures, nor attempt to initiate measures to mitigate the lasting impact of those erors. That is simply weakness. And by God, the America we stand for and believe in will NEVER admit to any form of weakness that would place us on a playing field governed by the same rules as our competitor.



I would say ignorance is bliss, except both you are just being obtuse and ignoring the facts that are glaring in your face. Detroit as an entity is dying. Not a little, not in pieces, as a body it is dying. Liberal bastions are declaring bankruptcy, Socialist governments are now failing. Communists governments have fallen left and right. The entire process is collapsing and you want to argue we are not creating a problem because there was a much smaller problem before now? You can blowhard your way along in life, but you won't change the reality.

Jim, there is one single entity in this nation that has singlehandedly robbed the public, raped the poor, and held the minorities down repeatedly. From the KKK loving D's to todays commie loving progressives you all follow the same mantra of failed policies. You are partially correct. There is someone to blame. Someone to call to task and hold accountable for their repeated theft of public funds, lies to the public, destruction of the dreams of our minorities which should be integrating and improving their own lives and our nations prosperity. Instead a bunch of fools and deluded souls just keep stomping them into the dirt and running our economy in the crapper.

Argue and blather all you want. The truth is there, we can all see it clearly. You see it just as well as the rest of us do. You simply cannot admit it to yourselves in any way that matters. Being a liberal is a tough row to how. Constantly being wrong and staying in denial only works for so long.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
User avatar
ScaupHunter
hunter
 
Posts: 6702
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:57 am

Re: I remember the "I Have a Dream" speech

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:10 pm

Glimmerjim wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote: Someone, or some group, HAS to be responsible for the failures of society.
SpinnerMan wrote: Even if you believe that things are no different, how the Image do you justify spending the insane amount of money we spend in the name of helping. Clearly it has not helped, so what is the moral argument for taking other people's property? Petty jealousy against the 1%'ers?

Well, there's that, and it certainly beats the hell out of working! :thumbsup:

A lot of people believe that taking from others is easier than working for them. The government should be fighting to stop it and not sanctioning it. Hell, if they are too lazy to steal on their own, why should the government do it for them? :huh:
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
User avatar
SpinnerMan
hunter
 
Posts: 16293
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:24 am
Location: Joliet, IL

Previous

Return to Controversial Issues Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests