Just wondering

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Just wondering

Postby shootfirst45 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:44 am

When barrokk was speaking at mlk day yesterday, there was a banner below him that said... fighting for the dream. What exactly does this mean? Fighting the whites? Just seemed odd.
shootfirst45
hunter

Re: Just wondering

Postby Rat Creek » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:38 am

I think that was a typo. Obama and the other race hustlers are Fighting the Dream. The absolute last thing they can afford, financially and politically, is for people to judge them by the content of their character as each as spent their life playing the race card and dividing people by ethnicity.

They have been so successful that when people see a person of color in an advanced position whether it be doctor, lawyer or CEO, there is a natural instinct to wonder if they are actually qualified. That is the unintended sin of all this feel good liberalism. :no:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
hunter

Postby shootfirst45 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:49 am

Just seemed different, seems like a lot of blacks are blaming whites for all of their problems. like after the trial in fla. Sorry but I never owned one in my life.
shootfirst45
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:59 am

shootfirst45 wrote:seems like a lot of blacks are blaming whites for all of their problems.
It's human nature to blame other people for your problems. Ever run across a failure in life that did not have a whole host of excuses as to why it was not their fault?

This is one of the challenges of being a minority. You have a built in excuse because there will always be enough Image out there that finding one to point a finger out will be easy and of course that Image will look like most of the rest of society.

Of course, if you have trouble finding or instigating one of those Image you can always point to a fake one created by someone else.

Jersey City high school candidate for student gov't sent racist texts to himself, school official says
How often are these Image someone else's fiction?

Then you have all these race hustlers out telling them that despite the endless string of minorities that have overcome the real and imagined adversities, you can't do it without their help.

I love the inspiring stories of the Tuskegee Airmen, Jackie Robinson, ... Men who through their greatness and perseverance overcame adversity far beyond that faced by anyone today.

Barack Obama should be one of those inspirational stories. Look what you can do in America if you work hard and persevere. An absentee divorced mother, an immigrant father that abandoned him, an immigrant step father that divorced his mother, ..., yet despite all of that and the color of his skin and the oddness of his name, look what he accomplished.

His speech should have been, if I did it, so can you, now get the hell out there and do it and tell all those Image to go to hell. Your success will be the best revenge.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:15 pm

Very good points Spinner. And you are so dead on regarding Obama and how he could be an inspiring person, but knows that will not serve him in the long run, so instead he will deal every race card he has.

And regardless of ethnicity, gender or economic status one was born into, your following statement is so true.

SpinnerMan wrote:It's human nature to blame other people for your problems. Ever run across a failure in life that did not have a whole host of excuses as to why it was not their fault?

I hear people say this about people who are 30 - 60 years old. They will make an excuse and say- Well, you know Uncle John has had a lot of bad breaks, blah, blah, blah. It is all an excuse for why Uncle John is once again unemployed, losing his house, borrowing money and generally a pain in the backside.

Maybe Uncle John should show up to work everyday and on-time. Work really hard and be courteous to his coworkers, boss and the customers. Stay after work now and then to clean things up a bit or ask the boss what he can do to be better at his job. Maybe even ask for more responsibility. My guess is Uncle John's bad breaks are related to him doing none of the above.

But rather than call Uncle John or any of the other "victims" out for causing their own situation, we let them ferment in the self righteous position of blaming others for their misery.
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:06 pm

Lets be clear. Obama and his ilk don't want equality. They want disparity in favor of blacks. Not all minorities, just blacks. Seriously a man was reelected who said vote for me for revenge?

On another note Obama has achieved absolutely nothing. Becoming the president and being known as the most vacationing, most corrupt, most useless president in history is not an achievement. I hoped and prayed when he was elected that might have meant a little bit of what he said. All while knowing better than to expect anything. All these years of Obummer leadership have proven my skepticism to be 100% correct.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:33 pm

ScaupHunter wrote:Obama and his ilk don't want equality. They want disparity in favor of blacks. Not all minorities, just blacks.
I don't believe this is what they want. I believe they want the power that comes from ensuring that disparity against blacks and other minorities persists. If the blacks were to have actual disparity in their favor, what would happen to their power base? They are the part of the poor. No poor. No party.

I believe there are other ilk that want the blacks to succeed at the expense of the whites. It won't work, but that's their desire. Screwy Louie probably fits in this category, but he's not getting any help from the mother wheel.

Education, law enforcement, work ethic, having children without 2 responsible adults to care for them, ... I see no indication that success is their objective.

Although it could be the classic example of cutting off one's nose to spit one's face and their hatred has eliminated rational thought.

ScaupHunter wrote:On another note Obama has achieved absolutely nothing.
Becoming a multimillionaire is not nothing. Becoming President of the United States sure as hell is not nothing.

I'm all for setting the bar high, but I think you've set it just a bit too high.

He has accomplished nothing positive for the country. He has done incredibly well for himself.

He is the embodiment of getting rich and powerful on the backs of the poor. At least a greedy bastard that does it by convincing them to accept a pay check gives them a pay check. Obama did it by convincing them to give him their vote and then parlayed that vote into fame and that fame into wealth and power.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:28 pm

Wealth and pose mean nothing when squandered. Most particularly when history crucifies you. There is no such thing as to high of a bar for the President. The top public servant should be the example for all of us.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:36 pm

shootfirst45 wrote:When barrokk was speaking at mlk day yesterday, there was a banner below him that said... fighting for the dream. What exactly does this mean? ...
What do you think it means shoofirtt? HINT: It was about the I have a dream speech.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
dudejcb
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:48 pm

ScaupHunter wrote:Wealth and pose mean nothing when squandered. Most particularly when history crucifies you. There is no such thing as to high of a bar for the President. The top public servant should be the example for all of us.
I do not type very well. Lot's of typos, etc. you seem to type fairly well, but make some common English mistakes that occur frequently on DHC, so I'll go over a couple of again to eliminate word confusion. It's not so important here on DHC, but it is in the outside world as people will judge you down for little stuff like this.

in the sentence you wrote above, the correct word in that usage "too" ... as in plural, but not as in the number two, and not to as in, I'm going to the store. you could say I'm going to the store too, if you're going with someone. (see how I used the contraction for "you are" rather than your?)

Another common mistake oft seen on DHC: when and why to use "there, their, or they're."
dudejcb
hunter

Postby Andy W » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:28 am

Dude has earned this coveted award.

Andy W
hunter

Postby assateague » Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:00 am

"They're attacking my ideals- better attack a misspelled word. Quickly!"
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire

Postby High Sierras » Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:58 am

dudejcb wrote:
shootfirst45 wrote:When barrokk was speaking at mlk day yesterday, there was a banner below him that said... fighting for the dream. What exactly does this mean? ...
What do you think it means shoofirtt? HINT: It was about the I have a dream speech.

barry was hawking his book "dreams of my father", which hasn't done well in sales lately except in Kenya. He was completely unaware that the rally was about someone other than himself.
High Sierras
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:31 am

High Sierras wrote:
dudejcb wrote:

barry was hawking his book "dreams of my father", which hasn't done well in sales lately except in Kenya. He was completely unaware that the rally was about someone other than himself.
And you "know" this how? It is possible his book (that I have not read, and probably won't) was about his father, and the MLK day stuff was about the Dream Speech even though they both use the same word.

No points are awarded for being overly literal, or hateful for hate sake. Anything goes however when it comes to being humorous, or trying to be...
Last edited by dudejcb on Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
dudejcb
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:36 am

Andy W wrote:Dude has earned this coveted award.

:lol3: :clapping:
I had that coming, but was serious about how many people have word confusion, and how poorly it reflects on them in professional settings. Here it doesn't matter, we know what they mean.

I disagree with lots of people on DHC but do not wish ill for any, and want the best for all. So, my intent, was good, if the delivery was bad.
dudejcb
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:19 am

dudejcb wrote:
High Sierras wrote:
dudejcb wrote:

And you "know" this how? It is possible his book (that I have not read, and probably won't) was about his father, and the MLK day stuff was about the Dream Speech even though they both use the same word.

No points are awarded for being overly literal, or hateful for hate sake. Anything goes however when it comes to being humorous, or trying to be...

I know the differences in the words. I am often typing on my phone and hate doing it. I often mistype a word and don't bother correcting it. In a professional setting I use grammar checker and proof read everything three times before I send it out. DHC does not get the same attention to detail.

Thanks for the reminder.

In my off time I simply don't care enough to go back and fix it. It is one of my many character flaws. :beer:
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:28 am

ScaupHunter wrote:In my off time I simply don't care enough to go back and fix it. :beer:
Agreed. I don't even try to use my phone except to text family. my bad
dudejcb
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:06 pm

dudejcb wrote:I do not type very well. Lot's of typos, etc. you seem to type fairly well, but make some common English mistakes that occur frequently on DHC, so I'll go over a couple of again to eliminate word confusion. It's not so important here on DHC, but it is in the outside world as people will judge you down for little stuff like this.

in the sentence you wrote above, the correct word in that usage "too" ... as in plural, but not as in the number two, and not to as in, I'm going to the store. you could say I'm going to the store too, if you're going with someone. (see how I used the contraction for "you are" rather than your?)

Another common mistake oft seen on DHC: when and why to use "there, their, or they're."

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
Karma is a beeeotch. Notice that Dude made a minimum of four typos while correcting another's typos. Can you find them? Two jumped out at me. I am sure there are more.

Number one rule- Nevr point ouut a typo as ewe will make them to.
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
hunter

Postby Me and Black Betty » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:25 am

Rat Creek wrote:
dudejcb wrote:I do not type very well. Lot's of typos, etc. you seem to type fairly well, but make some common English mistakes that occur frequently on DHC, so I'll go over a couple of again to eliminate word confusion. It's not so important here on DHC, but it is in the outside world as people will judge you down for little stuff like this.

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
Karma is a beeeotch. Notice that Dude made a minimum of four typos while correcting another's typos. Can you find them? Two jumped out at me. I am sure there are more.

Number one rule- Nevr point ouut a typo as ewe will make them to.

No sir. You have failed to see that Dude used proper liberal etiquette. He started by saying "I make mistakes, but don't care." Then proceeded with typical do as I say and not as I do jibberish.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Whoa, Black Betty BAM-BA-LAM
Me and Black Betty
hunter

Postby Chilidawg » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:39 am

shootfirst45 wrote:When barrokk was speaking at mlk day yesterday, there was a banner below him that said... fighting for the dream. What exactly does this mean? Fighting the whites? Just seemed odd.

An I the only one who sees the irony in this post?

Edit: stroke that. This entire thread explodes irony meters
Chilidawg
hunter

Postby Chilidawg » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:55 am

ScaupHunter wrote:Lets be clear. Obama and his ilk don't want equality. They want disparity in favor of blacks. Not all minorities, just blacks.

How so?
Chilidawg
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:50 am

Chilidawg wrote:
ScaupHunter wrote:Lets be clear. Obama and his ilk don't want equality. They want disparity in favor of blacks. Not all minorities, just blacks.

How so?

I disagree with the just blacks, part, but they absolutely believe that we are all equal, but they and those that vote for them are just more equal. They want to put their thumb, hand, arm, and whole body on the scale if necessary to help their voters get what they want because they are more equal in their mind because of whatever reason serves them whether it is because they look like someone who may have been a slave a century and a half ago even if their ancestors were not slaves more than 5 generations ago or they are economic victims because they got a high school diploma certified by all the heavily Democrat leaning teachers but are incapable of reading at a middle school level or they never mastered the use of birth control and have multiple illegitimate children to multiple fathers that they may not even be certain of or whatever reason they see fit. Why did Michelle Obama deserve a no show job that paid $300k per year? How else would the man that will heal the planet and stop the rising of the ocean have been able to afford to pay for his political ambitions?
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Chilidawg » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:19 am

SpinnerMan wrote: ---snip---

Punctuation dude.

It's a good thing I don't have to read your posts out loud, or I would have passed out trying to get past that run-on sentence in the middle.

Actually, there is not a chance in hell I would ever try to read that out loud, as I would be totally ashamed if anyone were to overhear it.

The irony in this thread is thick enough to cut with a knife.

The OP wonders who the people "fighting" for MLK's dream,are fighting against, and the members here demonstrate exactly who by responding with a bunch of blatantly racist posts.
Chilidawg
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:56 am

Chilidawg wrote:It's a good thing I don't have to read your posts out loud, or I would have passed out trying to get past that run-on sentence in the middle.
Yeah, I knew it was an ugly one, but it's the CI forum on DHC, so I'm not going back and editing.

But other than the critique of my grammar, any comments on the substance.

Do Democrats think they and their voters are more equal?

The Republicans are terrible too is an acceptable answer as long as you are against putting terrible people in charge of any more than absolutely necessary. If you think terrible people should be in charge of your life, well, you need professional help.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Return to Controversial Issues Forum