Barocky Road...

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Barocky Road...

Postby D Comeaux » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:59 pm

Doc1.jpg

In honor of the 44th President of the United States, Baskin-Robbins Ice Cream has introduced a new flavor: Barocky Road

Barocky Road is a blend of half vanilla, half chocolate, and surrounded by nuts and flakes. The vanilla portion of the mix is not openly advertised and usually denied as an ingredient. The nuts and flakes are all plentiful.

The cost is $92.84 per scoop...so, out of a $100 bill, you are at least promised some CHANGE.

When purchased, it will be presented to you in a large beautiful cone, but after you pay for it, the ice cream is taken out of the cone and given to the person in line behind you at no charge.

You are left with an almost-empty wallet, staring at an empty cone and wondering what just happened. Then you realize this is what "redistribution of wealth" is all about.

Aren't you just stimulated?
D Comeaux
hunter

Re: Barocky Road...

Postby ohioboy » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:40 pm

Nuts and flakes. :lol3: :lol3:

I see a book here. Presidential cones.
ohioboy
hunter

Postby blackduckdog2 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:34 am

When the hell is the right gonna up their game in the political humor arena? jeeezz..........
"We have met the enemy, and he is us."
Walt Kelly, via Slow's avatar. Look it up
blackduckdog2
hunter

Postby ohioboy » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:08 am

blackduckdog2 wrote:When the hell is the right gonna up their game in the political humor arena? jeeezz..........

I think all would be funny.

Oh, and it was done to go after bush too. And I think first actually.
http://0.tqn.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/Z ... lavors.jpg
ohioboy
hunter

Postby blackduckdog2 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:25 am

ohioboy wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:When the hell is the right gonna up their game in the political humor arena? jeeezz..........

I think all would be funny.

Oh, and it was done to go after bush too. And I think first actually.
http://0.tqn.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/Z ... lavors.jpg

Neither's ticklin' my funny bone, but go figure laughs, I guess. The cone idea COULD be funny, and for all the presidents, like you say.......... this one (and the B&J) just seems lame to me :huh:
blackduckdog2
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:03 am

The lack of humor is perfectly matched to the situation.
Last edited by ScaupHunter on Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby D Comeaux » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:46 am

ScaupHunter wrote:The lack of humor is perfect matched to the situation.

^^^THIS^^^^ I didn't find it funny, either.
D Comeaux
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:47 pm

We'll stick with the good ideas and you can stick with the good humor :thumbsup:

I believe that's who makes the Barocky Road.

A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby tenfingergrip » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:00 pm

BDD2 finds the left picture and characterture below quite humorous while finding the right picture offfensive and racist.

Scroll down for the "humor" in it!

Humor, Yes and No.jpg
Humor, Yes and No.jpg (83.91 KiB) Viewed 508 times
Last edited by tenfingergrip on Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tenfingergrip
hunter

Postby Andy W » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:05 pm

Is this any better?

Bad News About Grandpa......................

An elderly man had a massive heart attack and the family drove him to the emergency room. After a while the ER doctor appeared wearing a long face.

"I'm afraid Grandpa is “brain-dead”, but his heart is still beating."

"Oh, Dear God," cried his wife, "We've never had a liberal in the family before!"
Andy W
hunter

Postby blackduckdog2 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:36 pm

Andy W wrote:

Is this any better?

An elderly man had a massive heart attack and the family drove him to the emergency room. After a while the ER doctor appeared wearing a long face.

"Oh, Dear God," cried his wife, "We've never had a liberal in the family before!"

A little better, although it's kind of a formula joke, like this one:
This little old lady calls 911. When the operator answers she yells, "Help, send the police to my house right away! There's a dang Democrat on my front porch and he's playing with himself."

"What?" the operator exclaimed. "I said there is a Democrat on my front porch playing with himself and he's weird; I don't know him and I'm afraid! Please send the police!" the little old lady repeated.

"Well, now, how do you know he's a Democrat?"

"Because, you dang fool, if it was a Republican, he'd be screwing somebody!"
blackduckdog2
hunter

Postby D Comeaux » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:53 pm

Andy W wrote:

Is this any better?

:biggrin:
D Comeaux
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:14 pm

This is still one of the funniest political cartoon's I've seen in awhile. Thanks Indaswamp :thumbsup:

A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:16 pm

Careful Spinner, someone will call you a racist for making fun of bears. Hate speak and all that.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:33 pm

Unrelated tangent on feeding animals. On the way to work I stopped to take a picture of a pair of mute swans with 7 nearly grown signets with my crappy cellphone camera so I had to get kind of close. One of the adults starts moving my way pretty quick and I was starting to think :eek: am I going to get my ass whooped by a swan but then it got close and stopped and the whole family swam over and I'm pretty sure they were thinking where's the bread.

I did this to send to my wife's friend who has never seen a swan. These are almost in her back yard, so I hope she stops by and looks at them. They are some damn big birds. We have a lot where I hunt and the fly by all the time. We just can't hunt them here :sad:

Also on this tangent, the koi pond where I work now has at least 4 snapping turtles that come over to eat food tossed in for the carp. It just seems funny to see 4 full grown snappers climbing over each other to eat bread.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby blackduckdog2 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:15 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:Unrelated tangent on feeding animals. On the way to work I stopped to take a picture of a pair of mute swans with 7 nearly grown signets with my crappy cellphone camera so I had to get kind of close. One of the adults starts moving my way pretty quick and I was starting to think :eek: am I going to get my ass whooped by a swan but then it got close and stopped and the whole family swam over and I'm pretty sure they were thinking where's the bread.

I did this to send to my wife's friend who has never seen a swan. These are almost in her back yard, so I hope she stops by and looks at them. They are some damn big birds. We have a lot where I hunt and the fly by all the time. We just can't hunt them here :sad:

Also on this tangent, the koi pond where I work now has at least 4 snapping turtles that come over to eat food tossed in for the carp. It just seems funny to see 4 full grown snappers climbing over each other to eat bread.

When I was 12 me and my buddy were rowing around the "lagoon" inshore of Misquamicut down at the RI shore when we spotted a bunch of cygnets (your spellchecker messed you up on that one, huh?) and scooped one into the boat. In a flash, the two parents appeared. Mom (I think) swimming away with the family, while Dad beat the living daylights out of my friend in the front of the rubber raft while he tried fending him off with one of those cheap little plastic oars. He looked like he'd been in a bar fight afterwards. But the worst part is ever since, whenever I come across the "Leda and the Swan" myth, all I can picture is poor Bobby Dingle, being assaulted by the white feathered terror. :lol3: :lol3:
blackduckdog2
hunter

Postby High Sierras » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:42 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:Unrelated tangent on feeding animals. On the way to work I stopped to take a picture of a pair of mute swans with 7 nearly grown signets with my crappy cellphone camera so I had to get kind of close. One of the adults starts moving my way pretty quick and I was starting to think :eek: am I going to get my ass whooped by a swan but then it got close and stopped and the whole family swam over and I'm pretty sure they were thinking where's the bread.

Must be democrat swans. Did you mention "Sharing the wealth around"? :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

Oh, wait, I just re-read your story... No way anything democrat could be mistaken as 'mute'. Democrat swans would be banging their tin cups demanding their fair share. That happens whenever I go down and visit San Francisco. I've taken to bringing a few loaves of day old bread so the kids can feed the flocks of people that come right up to the car windows. Better than going to the zoo, except the smell is that much worse.
Last edited by High Sierras on Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
High Sierras
hunter

Postby cartervj » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:54 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:This is still one of the funniest political cartoon's I've seen in awhile. Thanks Indaswamp :thumbsup:

what kinda bear :lol3:
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
cartervj
hunter

Postby blackduckdog2 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:06 pm

High Sierras wrote:

Must be democrat swans. Did you mention "Sharing the wealth around"? :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

Oh, wait, I just re-read your story... No way anything democrat could be mistaken as 'mute'. Democrat swans would be banging thier tin cups demanding thier fair share. That happens whenever I go down and visit San Francisco. I've taken to bringing a few loaves of day old bread so the kids can feed the flocks of people that come right up to the car windows. Better than going to the zoo, except the smell is that much worse.

Like I said........... don't give up the day job :no: :no:
blackduckdog2
hunter

Postby blackduckdog2 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:22 am

tenfingergrip wrote:BDD2 finds the left picture and characterture below quite humorous while finding the right picture offfensive and racist.

Scroll down for the "humor" in it!

Humor, Yes and No.jpg

I'm offended by you telling me what I'm offended by, that's for frigging sure
blackduckdog2
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:04 am

blackduckdog2 wrote:your spellchecker messed you up on that one, huh?
I thought that looked wrong. :oops:

blackduckdog2 wrote:When I was 12 me and my buddy were rowing around the "lagoon" inshore of Misquamicut down at the RI shore when we spotted a bunch of cygnets (your spellchecker messed you up on that one, huh?) and scooped one into the boat. In a flash, the two parents appeared. Mom (I think) swimming away with the family, while Dad beat the living daylights out of my friend in the front of the rubber raft while he tried fending him off with one of those cheap little plastic oars. He looked like he'd been in a bar fight afterwards. But the worst part is ever since, whenever I come across the "Leda and the Swan" myth, all I can picture is poor Bobby Dingle, being assaulted by the white feathered terror. :lol3: :lol3:

This was a year or two ago.
Chicago Kayaker Killed After Swan Attack
Hensley tried to make his way back to shore as the swans continued their chase. Eye witnesses tell the Sun Times that by the time rescue workers arrived on the scene Hensley had already drowned.

They are some big birds. I definitely wouldn't want to tangle with them in the water. When they swim by and my dog is sitting there quivering wanting to get after them, I tell her that I just don't think it will turn out the way she thinks. :no:
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:32 am

Just two more years and we can argue about which party is the most lost and disconnected again.
Enter TK and his Libetarian banner.
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
memberhip was not approved

Postby SpinnerMan » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:43 am

aunt betty wrote:Just two more years and we can argue about which party is the most lost and disconnected again.
Enter TK and his Libetarian banner.

I'm fine with calling it a tie.

That's why you vote for the guy promising to do the least.

The problem with the TK solution is that if the person you vote for never wins it is like voting for dog crap.

So yes writing yourself in would be the person that will do the least, but you have to be practical and that means voting out whomever you can in the primary, as long as you are surely not shooting yourself in the foot, and then voting for the one promising the least in the general. We repeat that for a generation and things there will be change, not that you can believe in, but that you desire.

I'd love to see a wide spread push by the libertarians to field candidates in every Democrat and every Republican primary in the country. The slow-type left-wing libertarian would be a vast improvement over the establishment Democrats and the Ron Paul's would be a vast improvement over the establishment Republicans.

That's how the libertarians could change American for the better and have more influence than the dog crap I need to go clean up in my back yard.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby blackduckdog2 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:59 am

SpinnerMan wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:your spellchecker messed you up on that one, huh?
I thought that looked wrong. :oops:

blackduckdog2 wrote:When I was 12 me and my buddy were rowing around the "lagoon" inshore of Misquamicut down at the RI shore when we spotted a bunch of cygnets (your spellchecker messed you up on that one, huh?) and scooped one into the boat. In a flash, the two parents appeared. Mom (I think) swimming away with the family, while Dad beat the living daylights out of my friend in the front of the rubber raft while he tried fending him off with one of those cheap little plastic oars. He looked like he'd been in a bar fight afterwards. But the worst part is ever since, whenever I come across the "Leda and the Swan" myth, all I can picture is poor Bobby Dingle, being assaulted by the white feathered terror. :lol3: :lol3:

This was a year or two ago.
Chicago Kayaker Killed After Swan Attack
Hensley tried to make his way back to shore as the swans continued their chase. Eye witnesses tell the Sun Times that by the time rescue workers arrived on the scene Hensley had already drowned.

They are some big birds. I definitely wouldn't want to tangle with them in the water. When they swim by and my dog is sitting there quivering wanting to get after them, I tell her that I just don't think it will turn out the way she thinks. :no:

His friends think maybe he didn't fight back :eek: :eek: ?!? Dams, that's taking the love of animals thing a bit too far no matter who you are :huh: :huh:
Last winter I think I put up a video in here that showed a trio of whistlers swimming very purposefully (and FAST) toward my dog as he retrieved a mark in Lake Washington. I got a little nervous but didn't call him back, and everything worked out OK (no nests in January). But they came real close, as if they were curious. Now it makes me nervous thinking about it
Here it is, but the approach/attack or whatever the hell it was doesn't happen 'til near the end (it also has a lot of elementary waterfowl id because I shot it for non-hunting friends):
blackduckdog2
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:08 am

The one adult definitely looked like it was being protective of the juvenile cygnet.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

ScaupHunter
hunter

Next

Return to Controversial Issues Forum