Labor Day Art........ Seriously

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Labor Day Art........ Seriously

Postby blackduckdog2 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:11 pm

http://blog.timesunion.com/carlstrock/art-for-labor-day/61/
If you happen to be driving through the hills of Schoharie County this Labor Day, along Rt. 20, you might pause in Sharon Springs, at the intersection of Route 10, in the upper village, and contemplate what the creator calls a work of “editorial installation art.” It will look like a bunch of old jeans hanging on a clothesline, and indeed that’s what it is, but it has a higher purpose, indeed a didactic purpose.

Fake worn out jeans vs the real deal. Gotta love it!
"We have met the enemy, and he is us."
Walt Kelly, via Slow's avatar. Look it up
blackduckdog2
hunter

Re: Labor Day Art........ Seriously

Postby clampdaddy » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:28 pm

Reminds me of the first time my wife wore a pair of faux worn jeans to my grandmas house. Grandma gave me a ration of sh!t for it. In her thick portuguese accent she scolded "Mateus, you make good money! Why you don't buy new pants for her?!". Then I had to explain that she bought them that way. :lol3:
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:17 pm

clampdaddy wrote:Reminds me of the first time my wife wore a pair of faux worn jeans to my grandmas house. Grandma gave me a ration of sh!t for it. In her thick portuguese accent she scolded "Mateus, you make good money! Why you don't buy new pants for her?!". Then I had to explain that she bought them that way. :lol3:

Which, I am quite sure, unequivocally proved to her that intelligence is on the endangered species list! :lol3:
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby clampdaddy » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:07 pm

Glimmerjim wrote:
clampdaddy wrote:Reminds me of the first time my wife wore a pair of faux worn jeans to my grandmas house. Grandma gave me a ration of sh!t for it. In her thick portuguese accent she scolded "Mateus, you make good money! Why you don't buy new pants for her?!". Then I had to explain that she bought them that way. :lol3:

Which, I am quite sure, unequivocally proved to her that intelligence is on the endangered species list! :lol3:

Pretty much, Jim. I believe her exact words were "You mental retire?". Which translates to "are you retarded?". :lol3: Grandma doesn't mince words when she has something to say, even if she can't find the right words to say it.
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:37 pm

clampdaddy wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:

Pretty much, Jim. I believe her exact words were "You mental retire?". Which translates to "are you retarded?". :lol3: Grandma doesn't mince words when she has something to say, even if she can't find the right words to say it.

:lol3: I like that! "You mental retire" isn't a direct insult to one's capabilities, just a quesion if they had stopped using their brain! :thumbsup:
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby WTN10 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:43 am

I don't wear that garbage. I buy my Levis new, with no weird fading or tearing done to them. Any wear that occurs does so naturally. If I wanted to dress like a stonemason, I'd be a stonemason. I dress like a disheveled dad who also practices law.
2014 Season Totals:
Mallards: 243
Redheads: 114
Woodducks: 119
Grebes: 36
Blue Geese: 134
Snow Geese: 178
Hawks: 4
WTN10
hunter

Postby vincentpa » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:50 am

Unfortunately with the quality of the Levis these days, it doesn't take them long to look like they've been worn by stonemasons.
In a free society, it is not the obligation of the citizen to prove to the government that he is a good person. It is the obligation of the government to prove to the rest of the citizenry that the citizen is a bad person, with probable cause.
vincentpa
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:07 am

Remember when new jeans were so blue they turned you blue a little bit?
At least new Redwing Irish Setter work boots still turn your socks red.
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
memberhip was not approved

Return to Controversial Issues Forum