A real controversial issue....

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

A real controversial issue....

Postby dave79 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:06 pm

Is any other state as stupid as Indiana, where you can't buy booze on sunday. Sure you can run down to the bar and get wasted, which you think would lead to more people driving drunk, but you can't get carry out from the bar or buy any booze from anywhere to take home. Which thank God i live three miles from the ohio line. What other states don't sell booze on sunday?
dave79
hunter

Re: A real controversial issue....

Postby ScaupHunter » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:22 am

Just buy your booze for Sunday on Saturday or quit being such a drunk!

Nothing to see here citizen, move on.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby MinnesotaDan » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:39 am

MN has this same rule. I'm too hungover on sundays to think about drinking anyways.
Nobody cares about your season totals.
MinnesotaDan
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:01 am

MinnesotaDan wrote:MN has this same rule. I'm too hungover on sundays to think about drinking anyways.

Second sentence does not compute.
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby assateague » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:49 am

dave79 wrote:Is any other state as stupid as Indiana, where you can't buy booze on sunday. Sure you can run down to the bar and get wasted, which you think would lead to more people driving drunk, but you can't get carry out from the bar or buy any booze from anywhere to take home. Which thank God i live three miles from the ohio line. What other states don't sell booze on sunday?

If you can hunt on Sundays, I really don't want to hear about the booze laws.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:22 am

assateague wrote:If you can hunt on Sundays, I really don't want to hear about the booze laws.

PA no hunting and no booze on Sundays. Also bars have to be closed on Sunday as well, but you can drink at a restaurant that serves booze on Sunday.

I never realized how much I hate that no hunting on Sunday rule until I moved to a state where you can hunt on Sunday. When I go home and can't go hunting with my family and friends because it is Sunday :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Chilidawg » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:50 pm

Blue laws.

In Illinois, you can't buy a car on Sunday.
Chilidawg
hunter

Postby Me and Black Betty » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:14 am

assateague wrote:
dave79 wrote:Is any other state as stupid as Indiana, where you can't buy booze on sunday. Sure you can run down to the bar and get wasted, which you think would lead to more people driving drunk, but you can't get carry out from the bar or buy any booze from anywhere to take home. Which thank God i live three miles from the ohio line. What other states don't sell booze on sunday?

In CT, you can buy booze, smoke dope and marry another guy any day you want to, but you can't hunt on Sunday.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Whoa, Black Betty BAM-BA-LAM
Me and Black Betty
hunter

Postby ctdeathfrombelow » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:46 am

Me and Black Betty wrote:
assateague wrote:

In CT, you can buy booze, smoke dope and marry another guy any day you want to, but you can't hunt on Sunday.

It was almost, in CT you can buy booze, smoke dope and marry another guy any day you want, but you can't hunt on Sunday, unless its with a bow and on private land......
ctdeathfrombelow
hunter

Postby Me and Black Betty » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:02 pm

ctdeathfrombelow wrote:
Me and Black Betty wrote:
assateague wrote:

It was almost, in CT you can buy booze, smoke dope and marry another guy any day you want, but you can't hunt on Sunday, unless its with a bow and on private land......

True. But, almost only counts in two instances, and as I recall, bow hunting isn't one of them.

Whoa, Black Betty BAM-BA-LAM
Me and Black Betty
hunter

Postby cartervj » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:07 am

and......... who is most likely to be hunting, a middle aged white male :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
cartervj
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:47 am

SpinnerMan wrote:
assateague wrote:If you can hunt on Sundays, I really don't want to hear about the booze laws.

PA no hunting and no booze on Sundays. Also bars have to be closed on Sunday as well, but you can drink at a restaurant that serves booze on Sunday.

I never realized how much I hate that no hunting on Sunday rule until I moved to a state where you can hunt on Sunday. When I go home and can't go hunting with my family and friends because it is Sunday :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I am not sure who produced that map but I think they messed up in Washington State. I travel the state a lot and have never seen a place where you couldn't buy booze on Sunday. That would be even more true now that they allow hard liquor sales in privately owned stores instead of government liquor stores.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:06 am

ScaupHunter wrote:I am not sure who produced that map but I think they messed up in Washington State. I travel the state a lot and have never seen a place where you couldn't buy booze on Sunday. That would be even more true now that they allow hard liquor sales in privately owned stores instead of government liquor stores.
In PA, you can buy alcohol at a restaurant on Sunday. The bars, liquor stores, and distributors cannot, but if you are a restaurant (majority of revenue is from food or whatever the exact definition is), then you can.

Can restaurants sell in WA? I don't remember what the rules were when I lived there.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:48 am

Resataurants can sell beer and wine. Bars, lounges, and taverns can sell hard liquor 7 days a week. Your standard grocery store now carries hard liquor as well as wine and beer. That law changed last November here.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:33 am

Oops. I misread your post. :oops:

I read couldn't as could. It changes the meaning just a tad bit :lol3:
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby assateague » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:43 am

ScaupHunter wrote:Resataurants can sell beer and wine. Bars, lounges, and taverns can sell hard liquor 7 days a week. Your standard grocery store now carries hard liquor as well as wine and beer. That law changed last November here.

I thought taverns could only sell beer and wine? We frequented one quite often when I was stationed up there, and he had to keep our bottle of bourbon hidden behind the bar. This was in the early 90s, so it's quite possible it's changed.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire

Postby ScaupHunter » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:06 pm

It has become a liquor free for all here in Washington. The way things are going I figure they will be selling it in the fifths in high school vending machines by next year. :beer:
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:58 pm

I don't care when I can buy booze, the no hunting on Sunday just burns my ass every time I go back to PA. At a minimum it normally cuts in half or often completely eliminates the opportunity to go hunting with my family and friends that are working M-F and I often drive there on Saturday because I had to work Friday. One time in particular we sat inside looking at beautiful weather on Sunday, Monday it poured all day and that was the last chance for me to hunt with my brother that year :mad:

My young cousin finally took his hunter safety course. His dad's a douche and should be taking his son hunting. I used to take that jackass with me when I hunted with a high school buddy of mine that has beagles or pheasant hunting with me and my dog. Now he can't even be bothered to take his own son out squirrel hunting. Also my niece will be able to hunt under some junior permit or something, so I really want to get back and do some hunting with them this fall. But it won't be on a Sunday :mad:
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby possumfoot » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:21 pm

bars can be open in Tn on sunday...
WTN10 wrote:He was funny like a Pomeranian getting kicked over a fence.

pgquackstacker wrote:I actually started bringing a gun with me on dates, so I bring the girl's father out to my car and tell him if he tries to cock-block me I'll kill him.
possumfoot
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:31 pm

I don't know if it still the law, but bars used to also have to be closed on Election day in PA. My grandfather often mentioned the bar near where he grew up. On Election day they put up a sign, come around back, same like Sunday. :lol3:
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby ohio mike » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:09 pm

In Ohio you can buy a bottle of Jack,a gun and shells,a liscense, go home drop the boose off and go hunting. ALL on Sunday! Praise the Lord!!
Life is to short to hunt with a ugly gun.
ohio mike
hunter

Postby ohioboy » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:43 pm

ohio mike wrote:In Ohio you can buy a bottle of Jack,a gun and shells,a liscense, go home drop the boose off and go hunting. ALL on Sunday! Praise the Lord!!

Boose or Bose or Booze?
ohioboy
hunter

Postby ohio mike » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:02 pm

ohioboy wrote:
ohio mike wrote:In Ohio you can buy a bottle of Jack,a gun and shells,a liscense, go home drop the boose off and go hunting. ALL on Sunday! Praise the Lord!!

Boose or Bose or Booze?

Booze. Gimme a break its late and I'm old. :yes: but its still true none the less.
Life is to short to hunt with a ugly gun.
ohio mike
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:12 pm

May be a law still, but hunting the bird of peace was also a no no in Texas. :fingerpt:
Give a man a duck... Feed him for a day... Teach him to fowl hunt... Feed him for a lifetime...Teach him in your spot... Learn to hunt a different spot....
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:35 am

I took an alcoholic hunting once. I did not understand that I couldnt bring three days worth of beer.
The poor guy had to explain that if there are 50 beers in the cooler he wont stop til its gone.
Every day I had to drive the guy to a distant land to get more booze.
He was miserable, I was miserable, and we cant hunt together again because we both had the worst time of our lives.
Is that why the liquor MUST be available on Sunday?
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
hunter

Return to Controversial Issues Forum