Titties

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderator: Smackaduck

Re: Poachers

Postby Anoldhuntersc » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:54 pm

Get caught with over the limit and
SOMEBODY is going to own that bird!
User avatar
Anoldhuntersc
hunter
 
Posts: 515
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:41 pm


Re: Poachers

Postby TXducksanddeer » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:56 pm

This thread need to die out already.
TXducksanddeer
hunter
 
Posts: 778
Joined: Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:11 am
Location: Waco TX

Re: Poachers

Postby beretta24 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:20 pm

TXducksanddeer wrote:This thread need to die out already.

Says the guy adding a post of no value...BUMP!
User avatar
beretta24
hunter
 
Posts: 7880
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:54 pm
Location: MN

Re: Poachers

Postby copterdoc » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:24 pm

assateague wrote:
ScaupHunter wrote:Guns.

Can I sell it if I want? If not, I don't "own" it.
Does a woman own her red snapper?

It's against the law for her to sell it. Or, for me to buy it.

She can't even legally rent it out.
User avatar
copterdoc
hunter
 
Posts: 6372
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:55 pm

Re: Poachers

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:38 pm

copterdoc wrote:
assateague wrote:
ScaupHunter wrote:Guns.

Can I sell it if I want? If not, I don't "own" it.
Does a woman own her red snapper?

It's against the law for her to sell it. Or, for me to buy it.

She can't even legally rent it out.

Legal in Nevada....
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 65693
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Poachers

Postby bighop » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:13 am

Indaswamp wrote:
copterdoc wrote:
assateague wrote:
ScaupHunter wrote:Guns.

Can I sell it if I want? If not, I don't "own" it.
Does a woman own her red snapper?

It's against the law for her to sell it. Or, for me to buy it.

She can't even legally rent it out.

Legal in Nevada....

Ok, then how about her kidneys, or your kidneys.
Rick Hall 2016
He'll turn it all around. Unless he doesn't.
User avatar
bighop
Sugar Daddy
 
Posts: 9465
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Poachers

Postby jehler » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:43 am

Who let CD out of his kennel?
Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail - upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick - erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick - rewrite it,
Plug it, play it, burn it
User avatar
jehler
thread hi-jacking expert and a great guy
 
Posts: 17602
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:52 pm
Location: Traverse City, MI

Re: Poachers

Postby Indaswamp » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:28 am

bighop wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
copterdoc wrote:
assateague wrote:
ScaupHunter wrote:Guns.

Can I sell it if I want? If not, I don't "own" it.
Does a woman own her red snapper?

It's against the law for her to sell it. Or, for me to buy it.

She can't even legally rent it out.

Legal in Nevada....

Ok, then how about her kidneys, or your kidneys.

Botiz will buy hers.....
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 65693
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Poachers

Postby assateague » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:10 am

In order to avoid these silly hypotheticals (you guys have got to be getting tired from the mental exertions to come up with rationales for it), I'll just ask again, simply:



If I do not own the duck hanging dead on my wall, how is it possible that I own one flying around in the air 3 states away?
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
User avatar
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire
 
Posts: 21278
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:25 pm
Location: Eastern Shore, People's Republic of Maryland

Re: Poachers

Postby Indaswamp » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:13 am

assateague wrote:In order to avoid these silly hypotheticals (you guys have got to be getting tired from the mental exertions to come up with rationales for it), I'll just ask again, simply:



If I do not own the duck hanging dead on my wall, how is it possible that I own one flying around in the air 3 states away?

there is a reason they call it"reduced to possession" and "possession limit".....
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 65693
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Poachers

Postby D Comeaux » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:17 am

User avatar
D Comeaux
hunter
 
Posts: 3719
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:48 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Poachers

Postby Slack Tide » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:18 am

What do you say to the guy (and I know one)...who goes out one time a season for some black duck for his freezer....He shoots about 6 or so...and hangs it up for the season...
Limit is one...
I kill about one about 75% of the time I go out for the entire season....

Same thing with Stripped Bass.
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
User avatar
Slack Tide
hunter
 
Posts: 8163
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:06 pm
Location: Great South Bay

Re: Poachers

Postby Indaswamp » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:19 am

If you loose ducks frozen in a freezer because you lost power during a hurricane, you can claim them as a loss when you file your insurance claim. I have a friend that is Catostrophic Claims adjuster for State Farm and he is told to use the market price for farm raised ducks, geese and venison for wild meat losses. If you ever loose wild game during a storm, ALWAYS claim wild game losses because they are more expensive than beef and chicken or pork!

If I remember right, he was using $11 per pound on ducks and geese, and almost double that on venison.......
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 65693
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Poachers

Postby assateague » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:34 am

Indaswamp wrote:
assateague wrote:In order to avoid these silly hypotheticals (you guys have got to be getting tired from the mental exertions to come up with rationales for it), I'll just ask again, simply:



If I do not own the duck hanging dead on my wall, how is it possible that I own one flying around in the air 3 states away?

there is a reason they call it "reduced to possession" and "possession limit".....



Possession is not even close to the same thing as ownership. They call it "reduced to possession" because it isn't yours in the first place. You're just holding it.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
User avatar
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire
 
Posts: 21278
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:25 pm
Location: Eastern Shore, People's Republic of Maryland

Re: Poachers

Postby aunt betty » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:41 am

assateague wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
assateague wrote:In order to avoid these silly hypotheticals (you guys have got to be getting tired from the mental exertions to come up with rationales for it), I'll just ask again, simply:



If I do not own the duck hanging dead on my wall, how is it possible that I own one flying around in the air 3 states away?

there is a reason they call it "reduced to possession" and "possession limit".....



Possession is not even close to the same thing as ownership. They call it "reduced to possession" because it isn't yours in the first place. You're just holding it.

I was just holdin onto the stuff...man.
Its not mine and was not for sale...man.


Possession is ownership until some other kid says, "hey thats my bike!".
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
User avatar
aunt betty
memberhip was not approved
 
Posts: 11694
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:09 pm
Location: Go HOGS!

Re: Poachers

Postby Indaswamp » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:44 am

assateague wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
assateague wrote:In order to avoid these silly hypotheticals (you guys have got to be getting tired from the mental exertions to come up with rationales for it), I'll just ask again, simply:



If I do not own the duck hanging dead on my wall, how is it possible that I own one flying around in the air 3 states away?

there is a reason they call it "reduced to possession" and "possession limit".....



Possession is not even close to the same thing as ownership. They call it "reduced to possession" because it isn't yours in the first place. You're just holding it.

They have a monetary value, as explained in the lost freezer example. I can cook them how I see fit, I can gift them to whomever I want. And I can be reimbursed if I happen to loose them due to lose of power from a storm, I just can't sell them for good reason. And If that is your litmus test for "ownership" it's a poor litmus test. I own the duck in my freezer just like the beef steak sitting next to it.
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 65693
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Poachers

Postby Indaswamp » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:47 am

I CAN sell Red Snapper, which is a recreational fish as well as a commercial fish, but to do so, I have to sell it to a commercial processing facility to ensure it is handled properly under USDA regulations for resale. I can not sell it as a recreational fisherman, I must have a commercial license to do so for health reasons. Duck use to be sold by commercial hunters If you remember back that far.....
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 65693
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Poachers

Postby assateague » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:52 am

To be clear, I don't really have a huge problem with individual states controlling wildlife. I suppose I don't have a huge problem with the idea of the federal government controlling waterfowl, probably under some bastardization of the commerce clause. What I DO have a problem with is them (both federal and state) claiming control, but abdicating responsibility. That's waaaaaaaay too much of a "having your cake and eating it too" scenario for me.

Did the federal government get the bill when their geese crashed that plane in the Hudson River? Did the state get the bill when my buddy hit a turkey? Did Wisconsin pick up the tab when Bill Herian hit a deer? The part which aggravates me is the "well, they're ours when it comes to you wanting to kill them, but they're yours when they cause damage". Bullshit.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
User avatar
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire
 
Posts: 21278
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:25 pm
Location: Eastern Shore, People's Republic of Maryland

Re: Poachers

Postby assateague » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:53 am

Indaswamp wrote:I CAN sell Red Snapper, which is a recreational fish as well as a commercial fish, but to do so, I have to sell it to a commercial processing facility to ensure it is handled properly under USDA regulations for resale. I can not sell it as a recreational fisherman, I must have a commercial license to do so for health reasons. Duck use to be sold by commercial hunters If you remember back that far.....



Why can't I sell a duck if it's mine?
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
User avatar
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire
 
Posts: 21278
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:25 pm
Location: Eastern Shore, People's Republic of Maryland

Re: Poachers

Postby assateague » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:54 am

Hey Copterdoc, you have to get a permit to use your kidneys? Does any governmental organization tell you what days of the week and months of the year you can use them? Do you have to pay an annual fee for the privilege of filtering your blood?



That was one of the dumbest analogies I've ever heard used, and that's saying something.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
User avatar
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire
 
Posts: 21278
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:25 pm
Location: Eastern Shore, People's Republic of Maryland

Re: Poachers

Postby Indaswamp » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:55 am

assateague wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:I CAN sell Red Snapper, which is a recreational fish as well as a commercial fish, but to do so, I have to sell it to a commercial processing facility to ensure it is handled properly under USDA regulations for resale. I can not sell it as a recreational fisherman, I must have a commercial license to do so for health reasons. Duck use to be sold by commercial hunters If you remember back that far.....



Why can't I sell a duck if it's mine?

Years ago you could-if you were a commercial market hunter. I let you figure out why you can not do so today.

Are you claiming that the ducks were owned during market hunting days, but now they are not?
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 65693
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Poachers

Postby assateague » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:58 am

So what else do I "own" that I have to:

1. Get permission from someone else to use
2. Pay someone else for me to use it
3. Be told when I can use it
4. Be told where I can use it
5. Be told what I can do with it when I'm not "using" it
6. Be told how I can use it.
7. Have my use of it revoked for not using it in the way they told me I had to



If anyone actually believes the "people" own the ducks, they're a silly fool.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
User avatar
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire
 
Posts: 21278
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:25 pm
Location: Eastern Shore, People's Republic of Maryland

Re: Poachers

Postby assateague » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:58 am

Indaswamp wrote:
assateague wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:I CAN sell Red Snapper, which is a recreational fish as well as a commercial fish, but to do so, I have to sell it to a commercial processing facility to ensure it is handled properly under USDA regulations for resale. I can not sell it as a recreational fisherman, I must have a commercial license to do so for health reasons. Duck use to be sold by commercial hunters If you remember back that far.....



Why can't I sell a duck if it's mine?

Years ago you could-if you were a commercial market hunter. I let you figure out why you can not do so today.

Are you claiming that the ducks were owned during market hunting days, but now they are not?



What I am claiming is fairly simple to understand. I'll let you figure it out. (See, two can play that game)
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
User avatar
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire
 
Posts: 21278
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:25 pm
Location: Eastern Shore, People's Republic of Maryland

Re: Poachers

Postby bighop » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:00 am

assateague wrote:Hey Copterdoc, you have to get a permit to use your kidneys? Does any governmental organization tell you what days of the week and months of the year you can use them? Do you have to pay an annual fee for the privilege of filtering your blood?



That was one of the dumbest analogies I've ever heard used, and that's saying something.

I think you meant me, not copterdoc, and it's as dumb as the definition of owning something being that you're able to sell it.

And if you did sell your kidneys, all of the above would apply to your dialysis.
Rick Hall 2016
He'll turn it all around. Unless he doesn't.
User avatar
bighop
Sugar Daddy
 
Posts: 9465
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Poachers

Postby bighop » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:07 am

Assa, honest question (and if you've previously posted, I'll settle for a link,) but what would your proposed game management system look like?
Rick Hall 2016
He'll turn it all around. Unless he doesn't.
User avatar
bighop
Sugar Daddy
 
Posts: 9465
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: Texas

PreviousNext

Return to Controversial Issues Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests