George Zimmerman

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

George Zimmerman

Postby Chilidawg » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:18 pm

It seems that he is in trouble again

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/loc ... 0482.story

I give him a year before he winds up dead or behind bars.
Chilidawg
hunter

Re: George Zimmerman

Postby SpinnerMan » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:55 pm

It was pretty clear to me from the beginning that he was a mope. An innocent mope that was justified in defending himself, but a mope nonetheless. That may have been why Trayvon decided to go MMA on his ass.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:57 pm

He beat the rap once, don't think he can do it again?

I for one would not put it passed a peeved soon to be ex-wife to lie about such a thing, or past Zimmerman to have done it.

I think after the last azz whipping our liberal soothsayers took over Z and their thoughts on what he did, that waiting for the facts to come out might be in order.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby Chilidawg » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:46 pm

ScaupHunter wrote:He beat the rap once, don't think he can do it again?

I for one would not put it passed a peeved soon to be ex-wife to lie about such a thing, or past Zimmerman to have done it.

I think after the last azz whipping our liberal soothsayers took over Z and their thoughts on what he did, that waiting for the facts to come out might be in order.

Well, she did confess to perjury in lying about their assets in order to get his bond posted.

If she gets a restraining order issued against him, his toys will get taken away.
Chilidawg
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:02 pm

Chilidawg wrote:If she gets a restraining order issued against him, his toys will get taken away.

This by the way is total BS.

You should not lose your rights without conviction. It should on the other hand be relatively easy to get a restraining order. Why not? If someone doesn't want you around, why do you need to be around?
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Chilidawg » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:14 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:
Chilidawg wrote:If she gets a restraining order issued against him, his toys will get taken away.

This by the way is total BS.

You should not lose your rights without conviction.

Well, it's not likely at this point, as his soon to be ex-wife isn't pressing charges.

yet.

It should on the other hand be relatively easy to get a restraining order. Why not? If someone doesn't want you around, why do you need to be around?

Restraining orders are not used in those cases.

Restraining orders are used for those cases where one side continues to stalk, threaten, abuse the other side.

it's more a case of "someone doesn't want you around, why do you keep coming around?"
Chilidawg
hunter

Postby boney fingers » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:13 pm

Restraining orders are always just a phone call away.
boney fingers
hunter

Postby slowshooter » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:16 am

LOL. Wonder what he's going to do when his gun gets taken away.
All this for a bowl of borscht.
slowshooter
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:58 am

Chilidawg wrote:
It should on the other hand be relatively easy to get a restraining order. Why not? If someone doesn't want you around, why do you need to be around?

Restraining orders are not used in those cases.

Restraining orders are used for those cases where one side continues to stalk, threaten, abuse the other side.

it's more a case of "someone doesn't want you around, why do you keep coming around?"

You are wrong, but that doesn't change my point. What is the standard of proof in getting a restraining order? Should that be sufficient for you to lose any legal rights?

There are all kinds of restraining orders, so which ones suspend your 2nd amendment rights? Any other rights that are suspended?
http://info.legalzoom.com/restraining-orders-standard-divorce-24933.html
A restraining order prevents a person from taking a certain action, and two types of restraining orders are common in the context of divorce: automatic restraining orders and domestic violence restraining orders.

And in the case of a divorce, would a judge set a high bar to issue a restraining order prohibiting them from contacting each?

Why should you have to go to court to fight a restraining order in order to be able to go duck hunting?

A disgruntled ex could really screw over her cop or security guard husband if she request a restraining order and he couldn't do his job or just wanted to screw up his hunting season.

You should be able to not contest it and not lose anything by not contesting it. Otherwise, the law could force you to contest a restrain order from someone that you believe is freaking insane and you want nothing to do with. BTW, restraining orders are typically reciprocal meaning that that nutjob ex cannot come near you either, so it's a win-win unless they take your rights away.

If the individual did not break the law, he should not be punished. If he did :hammer: Innocent until proven guilty means you get to keep your 2nd amendment rights.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby rivercountry » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:11 am

SpinnerMan wrote: BTW, restraining orders are typically reciprocal meaning that that nutjob ex cannot come near you either, so it's a win-win unless they take your rights away.

Not here, DV orders only place restrictions on the defendant and not the plaintiff. The plaintiff can make and initiate contact without repercussions. The contact can be in person, via telephone, computer, or through a third party. If the defendant gets sucked into this trap then they are in violation and the plaintiff can pursue warrants for violation of the order and most of the time they will get it. It is one of the most abused processes I have ever seen. DV laws when written were good but, too many people have figured out how to play the system.
True Happiness is in a flooded rice field puttin em in the decoys
rivercountry
hunter

Postby DuckinFool » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:20 am

Seems Zimmerman's soon to be ex has as much trouble getting her stories straight as the scum we see on The First 48 Hours.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/09/10/po ... s-against/
Recession-neighbor loses job...Depression-you lose job...Recovery-Obama loses job.
Don't blame me.....I didn't vote for him !!!
DuckinFool
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:42 am

rivercountry wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote: BTW, restraining orders are typically reciprocal meaning that that nutjob ex cannot come near you either, so it's a win-win unless they take your rights away.

Not here, DV orders only place restrictions on the defendant and not the plaintiff. The plaintiff can make and initiate contact without repercussions. The contact can be in person, via telephone, computer, or through a third party. If the defendant gets sucked into this trap then they are in violation and the plaintiff can pursue warrants for violation of the order and most of the time they will get it. It is one of the most abused processes I have ever seen. DV laws when written were good but, too many people have figured out how to play the system.

There was a judge in Tennessee I believe that started punishing women that had requested a restraining order and then moved back in with the guy.

Typically may be wrong. I have no idea what is typical, so I should not have used that adjective. I should have said may be because I know that sometimes they are.

We need to get serious about punishing people that lie under oath and manipulate the legal system in these ways. This is supposedly the American justice system and there is a lot of injustice, especially in civil proceedings because the risk of lying is so low.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby boney fingers » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:42 am

My father in law lives in upstate NY, 10 years ago he was taken into custody from his home and spent the night in jail. This all happened because my sister in law, who was and still is an addict, was mad because he would not give her inheritance money that her grandmother had left for her but was in her fathers trust until she cleaned up. He had a restraining order put on him and could not purchase firearms. There were no credible witnesses and my father in law lived an hour away from the crime scene and many people could testify that he was at home the whole time. The initial hearing lasted about 5 minutes, but my father in law had to hire a lawyer and spent two years and more lawyer fees clearing his record so he could buy a gun. This all happened because of a story made up by two drug addicts; no charges were ever filed for making false statements to police.
boney fingers
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:59 am

boney fingers wrote:This all happened because of a story made up by two drug addicts; no charges were ever filed for making false statements to police.
And they almost never are.

I saw we let out all the people in jail for drug possession out of jail and fill their cells with people lying under oath in child custody, divorce, bankruptcy, ... :yes:
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby assateague » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:17 am

Amen.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire

Postby rivercountry » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:25 am

SpinnerMan wrote:We need to get serious about punishing people that lie under oath and manipulate the legal system in these ways. This is supposedly the American justice system and there is a lot of injustice, especially in civil proceedings because the risk of lying is so low.

I agree with you a 100%
I can’t speak for all jurisdictions but it would be easier pulling your own teeth than to get a judge to hold someone in criminal contempt for misusing the justice system here. In the last 12 or so years I have only seen one person found in contempt for malicious prosecution.
True Happiness is in a flooded rice field puttin em in the decoys
rivercountry
hunter

Postby boney fingers » Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:32 pm

rivercountry wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:We need to get serious about punishing people that lie under oath and manipulate the legal system in these ways. This is supposedly the American justice system and there is a lot of injustice, especially in civil proceedings because the risk of lying is so low.

I agree with you a 100%
I can’t speak for all jurisdictions but it would be easier pulling your own teeth than to get a judge to hold someone in criminal contempt for misusing the justice system here. In the last 12 or so years I have only seen one person found in contempt for malicious prosecution.

Ive tried pulling my own teeth, and I don't recommend it.
boney fingers
hunter

Return to Controversial Issues Forum