Ahh, Kentucky

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Ahh, Kentucky

Postby macdaddy » Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:02 am

The Kentucky State legislature is pushing through a bill that would require residents of Winchester, Kentucky to have RFID chips placed in all of their guns; jail for those who resist.

Legislators see this for what it is (a baby step) and hope that it will go nation wide. Here it comes folks. A computer chip - perfect for confiscation anywhere.

Kentuckians - email, call, anything!!! Stop this! :mad:
I'm the guy your Mother Goose warned you about.
macdaddy
hunter

Re: Ahh, Kentucky

Postby ctdeathfrombelow » Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:31 am

This is from a satirical news source, try and google the bill, there's no info on it.
ctdeathfrombelow
hunter

Postby Medic4049 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:11 am

read your state constitution. Unless federal law usurps the right to possess a firearm, the state shall make no law to infringe on the rights of a person to own a firearm to protect themselves. You aren't guaranteed the right to conceal carry, but the state constitution guarantees the right for open carry.
Medic4049
hunter

Postby macdaddy » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:44 am

ctdeathfrombelow wrote:This is from a satirical news source, try and google the bill, there's no info on it.

I hardly consider Lew Rockwell's site to be "satirical."
http://www.lewrockwell.com/2013/09/gary ... d-trouble/

Google frequently quashes gun control/pro-gun news in order to keep us in the dark. This is no straw man.
I'm the guy your Mother Goose warned you about.
macdaddy
hunter

Postby ctdeathfrombelow » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:32 am

It was originally from "the national" which is just like "The Onion".
Sooo where's the NRA on this?
Not to mention the fact that they are equating RFID with GPS, the 2 are not the same. RFID is a system that holds info to transfer it remotely and must be in close proximity to the receiver. A GPS is uses a satellite and needs a battery to power it.
ctdeathfrombelow
hunter

Postby Botiz630 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:42 am

Yeah, macdaddy, RFID can't be "tracked", it's useless outside of several feet. All RFID does is transmit a simple string of code when scanned by a receiver at very close range. So, when Lew's article says "when confiscation day comes, the government will know where every gun is" it's simply not true.

Also, the article states that the chip which will be placed on the guns will be battery powered. RFID doesn't use batteries, so that's strike two.

I'm not believing this one.
Last edited by Botiz630 on Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
B Squad Captain
If do right, no can defense
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby WoodyWhiffingMG » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:43 am

I think if this is for real, Rand Paul would be all over the TV talking about it.

Yes I realize he is a US Sen, not state, but I don't think he would let it get by without notice.
There are only two types of people in the world, those who love duck hunting and those who never have duck hunted.
WoodyWhiffingMG
hunter

Postby vincentpa » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:38 am

Botiz630 wrote:Yeah, macdaddy, RFID can't be "tracked", it's useless outside of several feet. All RFID does is transmit a simple string of code when scanned by a receiver at very close range. So, when Lew's article says "when confiscation day comes, the government will know where every gun is" it's simply not true.

Also, the article states that the chip which will be placed on the guns will be battery powered. RFID doesn't use batteries, so that's strike two.

I'm not believing this one.

They must be using the new nano tramsmitters with super long battery life. Don't you know anything? :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:
In a free society, it is not the obligation of the citizen to prove to the government that he is a good person. It is the obligation of the government to prove to the rest of the citizenry that the citizen is a bad person, with probable cause.
vincentpa
hunter

Return to Controversial Issues Forum