Your Social Activities matter

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Your Social Activities matter

Postby cartervj » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:30 am

http://freebeacon.com/government-seeking-inclusion-of-social-and-behavioral-in-health-records/

BY: Elizabeth Harrington
September 13, 2013 3:30 pm

The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) wants to require health care providers to include “social and behavioral” data in Electronic Health Records (EHR) and to link patient’s records to public health departments, it was announced last week.

Health care experts say the proposal raises additional privacy concerns over Americans’ personal health information, on top of worries that the Obamacare “data hub” could lead to abuse by bureaucrats and identify theft.

The CMS currently covers 100 million people through Medicare, Medicaid, and the Children’s Hospital Insurance Program and is tasked with running Obamacare.

According to a solicitation posted by the Department of Health and Human Services on Sept. 4, the CMS is commissioning the National Academy of Sciences to study how best to add social and behavioral factors to electronic health record reporting.

The agency said adding social and behavioral data to patients’ online records will improve health care.

“Increasing EHR adoption has the potential to improve health and health care quality,” the contract’s statement of work (SOW) reads. “Parallel advances in analytic tools applied to such records are fueling new approaches to discovering determinants of population health.”

The project sets out to identify “core data standards for behavioral and social determinants of health to be included in EHRs.”
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
cartervj
hunter

Re: Your Social Activities matter

Postby dudejcb » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:10 pm

Aside from illegal drug use, wife beating, and hunting nude I have nothing to hide. What's the big deal?
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
dudejcb
hunter

Postby cartervj » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:41 pm

You might loose your 2nd Amendment rights for one thing.

Besides I thought it was ONLY Republicans that were concerned with your bedroom antics. It appears the Democratic Party is the New Fascist regime after all. :welcome:
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
cartervj
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:01 am

I see no distinction between the parties on this issue. Both are digging into your personal choices.
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby assateague » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:42 am

Aside from the wording, I see very little differentiation on anything between the two parties, when the final outcome is analyzed.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire

Return to Controversial Issues Forum