If Only Diane's Gun Control Legislation had been in effect!

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

If Only Diane's Gun Control Legislation had been in effect!

Postby tenfingergrip » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:14 pm

If only Diane Feinstein's two gun control bills had been passed and been law then surely the Navy Yard shooter couldn't have wreaked all that havoc on the citizens of Washington, DC. Our nation's capital needs some more laws so this thing can't happen again! What? You mean Alexis broke existing laws anyway? You mean crazy folks and criminals don't obey laws anyway? Do tell!

http://bearingarms.com/proposed-gun-control-laws-would-not-have-stopped-the-navy-yard-shooter/
tenfingergrip
hunter

Re: If Only Diane's Gun Control Legislation had been in effe

Postby tubbalowski » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:41 pm

You can't use it if you don't have it.
tubbalowski
hunter

Postby clampdaddy » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:09 pm

tubbalowski wrote:You can't use it if you don't have it.

Our government uses money they don't have.
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:14 pm

And as if on cue, the media reported it was an AR-15 or an AK-47, to which DiFi took it hook, line and sinker because it fits her agenda. Then very quietly, they changed the story to reflect the facts. No evil black assault weapons were used. :rolleyes:

How many in a row has the media lied about in order to fit their agenda and template? And it is intentional because I still hear useful idiots on the left talking about the AR-15 at Sandy Hook. The media and leftist know the useful idiots who follow them will soak up the first thing they hear without a discriminating thought and just parrot it forever. :no:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
hunter

Postby clampdaddy » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:04 pm

How many times do you think Joe Biden will hear "go buy a shotgun"? :fingerhead:
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:48 pm

clampdaddy wrote:How many times do you think Joe Biden will hear "go buy a shotgun"? :fingerhead:

If only the people in the buildings had been permitted to bring their shotguns with them, they could have fired a couple warning shots and this suicidal mass murderer would have ran away and not committed mass murder before getting in a gun battle when the people permitted to actually carry guns finally showed up and changed his focus from killing as many as possible to not getting killed as quickly as possible.

I think I heard a couple cops got shot. If only they had not had guns, they would have never gotten shot. They would have never confronted the guy if they were unarmed.

Of course, other people would have died until finally somebody showed up that was willing to risk their lives to defend others or I guess he ran out of bullets or got bored and decided to go home.

What is scary is the people like Feinstein truly want a government so vast, so well informed, so intrusive into your personal life, that they could actually stop all of these people that would have become suicidal mass murderers otherwise.

What is even more scary is that the people like Feistein don't see they huge risk posed by giving this kind of power to human beings who the worst of which are capable of suicidal mass murder and even the best of which are often tempted to do really stupid things and abuse that power they are entrusted with.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:31 pm

[quote="tubbalowski"]You can't use it if you don't have it.[/

Criminals in England and many other countries that don't allow a lot of firearm types commit crimes with those banned firearms. Banning weapons doesn't work.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby swampbilly 1980 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:19 am

SpinnerMan wrote:If only the people in the buildings had been permitted to bring their shotguns with them, they could have fired a couple warning shots and this suicidal mass murderer would have ran away and not committed mass murder before getting in a gun battle when the people permitted to actually carry guns finally showed up and changed his focus from killing as many as possible to not getting killed as quickly as possible.

:lol3: :clapping: :hi:

You mean common sense?

We've got the NSA gouging into our private lives on a daily basis collecting info on millions of us to sort through possible terrorism plots , yet,..

THE GOVERNMENT ISSUES SECURITY CLEARANCE TO SOME BASKET CASE WITH A HISTORY OF KNOWN MENTAL ISSUES, PRIOR BRUSHES WITH LAW ENFORCEMENT, AND 2 CASES THAT INVOLVED FIREARMS- ONE OF WHICH WAS "CRIMINAL MISCHIEF", AND THE OTHER SHOTS WERE FIRED INTO SOMEONES' RESIDENCE.

When he SWIPED his identification badge into the card reader, BELLS , WHISTLES, BUZZERS, AND RED LIGHTS SHOULD'VE STARTED FLASHING. You know-,..like the ones' at Wal-Mart do when 'ya walk through the bar code reader at the exit for something that wasn't paid for,..the SAME thing should've happened when the background check was done before he was able to purchase the shotgun :wink:

Our government is outsourcing background checks to contractors- TO SAVE MONEY :rolleyes:
Kiddin' me?
Unbelieveable
Swampbilly1980- I got a feeva',..and the only cure is more Mergansers and face paint.
swampbilly 1980
Forum & State Moderator

Postby vincentpa » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:29 am

Remington 870.

When people are unarmed, even a shotgun prone to jamming can be deadly enough to kill 12 people.

Where were the security personnel? Why did it take them 1 hour to kill this guy? He should've been engaged in 5 minutes but certainly less than 10. The engagement with security should've taken his attention away from killing and switched it to defending. This is an epic failure on the part of the security and police.

I'm sure the security personnel and police will be hyped up in order to cover up their failures. Just like the Boston PD when they were chasing the Marathon Bombers. They couldn't catch the one. He actually made it outside of their perimeter. If he had a weapons stash or a real plan, the bomber could've attacked the clustered Boston PD forces with devastating effect. It was another failure celebrated as a huge victory.
In a free society, it is not the obligation of the citizen to prove to the government that he is a good person. It is the obligation of the government to prove to the rest of the citizenry that the citizen is a bad person, with probable cause.
vincentpa
hunter

Postby Gabagool » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:18 am

You hit the nail on the head. :clapping:
Gabagool
hunter

Postby swampbilly 1980 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:59 am

vincentpa wrote:I'm sure the security personnel and police will be hyped up in order to cover up their failures. Just like the Boston PD when they were chasing the Marathon Bombers. They couldn't catch the one. He actually made it outside of their perimeter. If he had a weapons stash or a real plan, the bomber could've attacked the clustered Boston PD forces with devastating effect. It was another failure celebrated as a huge victory.

Right.
Ever notice how it's MOSTLY reactive instead of pro-active?
Swampbilly1980- I got a feeva',..and the only cure is more Mergansers and face paint.
swampbilly 1980
Forum & State Moderator

Postby swampbilly 1980 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:04 am

Gabagool wrote:

That wasn't the nail- it was his thumb.

So now shotguns need to be regulated huh? NO more shotguns :lol3:
(It's an assault weapon now).
swampbilly 1980
Forum & State Moderator

Postby clampdaddy » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:05 am

Gabagool wrote:

Looks like you two like minded thinkers both joined on the same day, two hours apart. Coincidence?
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:29 am

She needs to retire.
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby Gunnysway » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:40 am

clampdaddy wrote:
Gabagool wrote:

Looks like you two like minded thinkers both joined on the same day, two hours apart. Coincidence?

Birds of a feather and all... :rolleyes:
Setting up meetings between geese and God since 1992...

Gud till ära, oss till gagn...
Gunnysway
hunter

Postby assateague » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:56 am

FRIEND: NAVY YARD SHOOTER LIBERAL, SUPPORTED OBAMA

Ritrovato went on to explain that two of them had a close relationship based in part on their differences, specifically race and politics. Alexis was black, Ritrovato is white. Ritrovato described himself as conservative and Alexis is "more of a liberal type" who supported Barack Obama:
I would say things like, 'You know, you are my brother from another mother.' And he would say things like, 'You're my Italian mafia guy from New York.' So we had things we joked about: Aaron wasn't conservative like I am. He was more of a liberal type; he wasn't happy with the former [Bush] administration. He was more happy with this [the Obama] administration -- as far as presidential administrations.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government ... -Obama-fan
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire

Postby tubbalowski » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:58 am

SpinnerMan wrote:
clampdaddy wrote:How many times do you think Joe Biden will hear "go buy a shotgun"? :fingerhead:

If only the people in the buildings had been permitted to bring their shotguns with them, they could have fired a couple warning shots and this suicidal mass murderer would have ran away and not committed mass murder before getting in a gun battle when the people permitted to actually carry guns finally showed up and changed his focus from killing as many as possible to not getting killed as quickly as possible.

I think I heard a couple cops got shot. If only they had not had guns, they would have never gotten shot. They would have never confronted the guy if they were unarmed.

Of course, other people would have died until finally somebody showed up that was willing to risk their lives to defend others or I guess he ran out of bullets or got bored and decided to go home.

What is scary is the people like Feinstein truly want a government so vast, so well informed, so intrusive into your personal life, that they could actually stop all of these people that would have become suicidal mass murderers otherwise.

What is even more scary is that the people like Feistein don't see they huge risk posed by giving this kind of power to human beings who the worst of which are capable of suicidal mass murder and even the best of which are often tempted to do really stupid things and abuse that power they are entrusted with.

I used to work in the Navy Yard. Trust me, you don't want the GS workers walking around armed. Frankly, I don't even want most of them employed by the government. If you think arming some woman that points to a sign that reads "lunch" if you happen to ask her a question at 12:15 will solve things, I think you need to return to the drawing board. I just had this same conversation with BigJoe and the burro.
tubbalowski
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:12 am

tubbalowski wrote:Trust me, you don't want the GS workers walking around armed.
The long history of average ordinary Americans carrying guns shows that there is no reason to worry about this. Now driving a car, well that's a whole different ball game. Over 30,000 people a year are wiped out by ordinary people driving cars that in hindsight should not have been.

tubbalowski wrote:If you think arming some woman that points to a sign that reads "lunch" if you happen to ask her a question at 12:15 will solve things, I think you need to return to the drawing board.
It makes her safer. That solves something, does it not? Granted for her and not you, but she does count doesn't she? :huh:

You do represent the elitist argument used to reject the plain language and common sense wisdom of the second amendment :thumbsup:

So what is your solution?

1. A government so intrusive and so powerful that it can stop all these random suicidal mass murderers
2. Hey, they are so rare, just keep your fingers cross and hope you are not one of the random targets, and if you are, all you need to do is run faster than Big Joe or hide better than the lunch lady
3. Or I'm open to your solution to improve things.

I'm not for mandating people carry just in case this happens, but I do work at a federal facility and we are totally disarmed. Even our security guards don't have guns and everybody drives in so the chance that they would catch someone coming in with an arsenal is pretty slim. I accidentally brought my bow in a case in plain sight behind my seat into work one day. I about crapped my pants when I went to go to lunch and saw it. I might have gotten fired. How did I do that? I shot a deer before work. The bed of my truck was stacked full of decoys, so after I put the deer in there, there was no room for the bow, so I put it behind the seat. I am now in a mad rush to get home, hang and skin the deer, take a shower and get to work without being too late.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby tubbalowski » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:42 am

SpinnerMan wrote:
tubbalowski wrote:Trust me, you don't want the GS workers walking around armed.
The long history of average ordinary Americans carrying guns shows that there is no reason to worry about this. Now driving a car, well that's a whole different ball game. Over 30,000 people a year are wiped out by ordinary people driving cars that in hindsight should not have been.

tubbalowski wrote:If you think arming some woman that points to a sign that reads "lunch" if you happen to ask her a question at 12:15 will solve things, I think you need to return to the drawing board.
It makes her safer. That solves something, does it not? Granted for her and not you, but she does count doesn't she? :huh:

You do represent the elitist argument used to reject the plain language and common sense wisdom of the second amendment :thumbsup:

So what is your solution?

1. A government so intrusive and so powerful that it can stop all these random suicidal mass murderers
2. Hey, they are so rare, just keep your fingers cross and hope you are not one of the random targets, and if you are, all you need to do is run faster than Big Joe or hide better than the lunch lady
3. Or I'm open to your solution to improve things.

I'm not for mandating people carry just in case this happens, but I do work at a federal facility and we are totally disarmed. Even our security guards don't have guns and everybody drives in so the chance that they would catch someone coming in with an arsenal is pretty slim. I accidentally brought my bow in a case in plain sight behind my seat into work one day. I about crapped my pants when I went to go to lunch and saw it. I might have gotten fired. How did I do that? I shot a deer before work. The bed of my truck was stacked full of decoys, so after I put the deer in there, there was no room for the bow, so I put it behind the seat. I am now in a mad rush to get home, hang and skin the deer, take a shower and get to work without being too late.

I suppose. I may also represent the commonsense / self-survival approach of not wanting some worthless GS secretary to shoot me accidentally. Maybe I'm crazy for not wanting that, I don't know.

Man, are you really worked up about this? I've never seen someone write so much in a forum? It's actually pretty impressive.
tubbalowski
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:58 am

tubbalowski wrote:I suppose. I may also represent the commonsense / self-survival approach of not wanting some worthless GS secretary to shoot me accidentally. Maybe I'm crazy for not wanting that, I don't know.
Given that what you fear does not happen in practice. Here in the near future all 50 states will allow worthless human beings to carry firearms. Despite allowing worthless Americans to carry firearms in many states for a long time, you fears have been shown to be unwarranted. So common sense would seem to indicate that your fear is irrational. There is no rational basis for it. We have done the experiment with millions of worthless Americans being afforded their 2nd amendment rights and accidental shootings under these circumstances are all but non-existent. If they were not, Feinstein would be crowing about them all the time.

I'm assuming you don't really want to die by any cause. Wear a motorcycle helmet in your car and you will make your self safer than disarming worthless Americans and making them defenseless. If your fear is rational, put on that motorcycle helmet. If it is irrational, well seek professional help and do not disarm your fellow American regardless of your assessment of their worth.

Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue. - Barry Goldwater

Anyone who trades liberty for security deserves neither liberty nor security. - Benjamin Franklin

I think both are words to live by. Not everybody agrees of course.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby swampbilly 1980 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:18 am

tubbalowski wrote:Man, are you really worked up about this? I've never seen someone write so much in a forum? It's actually pretty impressive.

I read Spinners' posts with great interest.

My wife works, (as the crow flies), about 100yds. from the Navy complex. Employees that made it out of the Navy Yard sought refuge in the office complex she works in. Scary- and hits very close to home.

I will never , never, understand why/how folks think the way they do.
If the tires continue to go flat on your vehicle every other day, there's a reason for that. 'Ya just don't keep buying tires for it over and over again, or trade the car in for another, or go to a different brand of tire.
You go to the real root of the problem-
Pick up the roofing nails that spilled in the driveway a month ago.
swampbilly 1980
Forum & State Moderator

Postby ScaupHunter » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:36 am

They have medications for paranoia.

If you are worried about having a secretary shoot you? Stop pissing them off.

Your comment about GS workers carrying weapons applies to you as well. Careful about pointing a finger, three more are pointed right back at you.

Simple logic and historic records of mass killings makes it incredibly clear that the perpetrators plan and impliment their attacks where there are no guns in the immediate area. They often easily handle the first few responders who very stupidly try to arrest them instead of just gunning them down. One armed citizen could end the problem as soon as the weapons come out by simply blowing the perpetrator away. Instead we folks like you who want the sheeple to try running, hiding, and dieing for no go reason.

The answer is simple. An armed citizen is a free citizen, and an unarmed citizen is a slave to the government and every whack job who doesn't care about the law. Feel free to slave on, just don't ask those of us who believe in taking care of ourselves and being responsible for ourselved to join you. The situation that started this thread proves very clearly why gun control doesn't work. This whackadoodle shouldn't have ever had a job there. He fired bullets into someones home and only got a misdemeanor? That is another system that is failed which doesn't apply here. No way should this guy have had guns. Yet the very system you want us to trust failed us.

Ever hear the definition of insanity? Detroit, DC, and Chicago mean anything to you?
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby tubbalowski » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:29 am

SpinnerMan wrote:
tubbalowski wrote:I suppose. I may also represent the commonsense / self-survival approach of not wanting some worthless GS secretary to shoot me accidentally. Maybe I'm crazy for not wanting that, I don't know.
Given that what you fear does not happen in practice. Here in the near future all 50 states will allow worthless human beings to carry firearms. Despite allowing worthless Americans to carry firearms in many states for a long time, you fears have been shown to be unwarranted. So common sense would seem to indicate that your fear is irrational. There is no rational basis for it. We have done the experiment with millions of worthless Americans being afforded their 2nd amendment rights and accidental shootings under these circumstances are all but non-existent. If they were not, Feinstein would be crowing about them all the time.

I'm assuming you don't really want to die by any cause. Wear a motorcycle helmet in your car and you will make your self safer than disarming worthless Americans and making them defenseless. If your fear is rational, put on that motorcycle helmet. If it is irrational, well seek professional help and do not disarm your fellow American regardless of your assessment of their worth.

Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue. - Barry Goldwater

Anyone who trades liberty for security deserves neither liberty nor security. - Benjamin Franklin

I think both are words to live by. Not everybody agrees of course.

It doesn't happen in practice because they don't have guns at the office...thus no accidents.
tubbalowski
hunter

Postby tubbalowski » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:31 am

ScaupHunter wrote:They have medications for paranoia.

If you are worried about having a secretary shoot you? Stop pissing them off.

Your comment about GS workers carrying weapons applies to you as well. Careful about pointing a finger, three more are pointed right back at you.

Incorrect. I point with all fingers extended forward. It's called knife hand. Look it up.

Simple logic and historic records of mass killings makes it incredibly clear that the perpetrators plan and impliment their attacks where there are no guns in the immediate area. They often easily handle the first few responders who very stupidly try to arrest them instead of just gunning them down. One armed citizen could end the problem as soon as the weapons come out by simply blowing the perpetrator away. Instead we folks like you who want the sheeple to try running, hiding, and dieing for no go reason.

The answer is simple. An armed citizen is a free citizen, and an unarmed citizen is a slave to the government and every whack job who doesn't care about the law. Feel free to slave on, just don't ask those of us who believe in taking care of ourselves and being responsible for ourselved to join you. The situation that started this thread proves very clearly why gun control doesn't work. This whackadoodle shouldn't have ever had a job there. He fired bullets into someones home and only got a misdemeanor? That is another system that is failed which doesn't apply here. No way should this guy have had guns. Yet the very system you want us to trust failed us.

Ever hear the definition of insanity? Detroit, DC, and Chicago mean anything to you?

in·san·i·ty
/inˈsanitē/
noun
noun: insanity1. the state of being seriously mentally ill; madness.
tubbalowski
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:37 pm

tubbalowski wrote:It doesn't happen in practice because they don't have guns at the office...thus no accidents.

Many businesses do have guns at the office. Any person with a concealed carry permit that carries regularly is almost certain to carry at the office unless specifically prohibited. I doubt most businesses ban guns in most offices. Why on earth would they care?

I'm always amazed by how many hunters are afraid to be around people with guns.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Next

Return to Controversial Issues Forum