Maggots

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Maggots

Postby cartervj » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:37 pm

The Dems have bitch slapped the families :mad:

anyone see the pics of what they did to Chris Stevens before he was killed?



http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/09/19/democrats-excuse-themselves-from-house-hearing-before-family-members-of-benghazi-heroes-testify/

GOVERNMENT
DEMOCRATS ‘EXCUSE THEMSELVES’ FROM HOUSE HEARING BEFORE FAMILY MEMBERS OF BENGHAZI HEROES TESTIFY
Sep. 19, 2013 4:45pm Jason Howerton

Related:Libya: The Truth?
U.S. Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.), chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, revealed that Democrats excused themselves from a Thursday hearing on Benghazi before the family members of the slain American heroes testified.

It is unclear why Democrats were not interested in hearing what Patricia Smith, the mother of slain information management officer Sean Smith, and Charles Woods, the father of former Navy SEAL Tyrone Woods, had to say.

Issa tweeted a photo on Thursday showing the empty side of the room where Democrats are normally seated. The only Democrats who stuck around were Ranking Member Elijah Cummings and Rep. Jackie Speier (D-Calif.).
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
User avatar
cartervj
hunter
 
Posts: 7330
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:01 pm
Location: NW AL


Re: Maggots

Postby stackemhigh » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:51 pm

Walking out like that is in poor taste, if that's actually what happened. But I'd love to know how the families could possibly offer relevant testimony that would be the least bit helpful to the investigation. At first I was interested in this investigation, now it's just grand standing to pander to "The Blaze" readers and the like.
stackemhigh
hunter
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:42 pm

Re: Maggots

Postby assateague » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:53 am

Heaven forbid it be about finding out who was at fault for Americans getting killed. But yet we're supposed to be morally outraged, and be willing to start a war with another country because their people killed some other of their people with some chemicals. But I suppose that's just grandstanding as well.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
User avatar
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire
 
Posts: 21277
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:25 pm
Location: Eastern Shore, People's Republic of Maryland

Re: Maggots

Postby stackemhigh » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:10 am

assateague wrote:Heaven forbid it be about finding out who was at fault for Americans getting killed. But yet we're supposed to be morally outraged, and be willing to start a war with another country because their people killed some other of their people with some chemicals. But I suppose that's just grandstanding as well.



I agree 100%. Both are examples of phony posturing.
stackemhigh
hunter
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:42 pm

Re: Maggots

Postby boney fingers » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:19 am

stackemhigh wrote:Walking out like that is in poor taste, if that's actually what happened. But I'd love to know how the families could possibly offer relevant testimony that would be the least bit helpful to the investigation. At first I was interested in this investigation, now it's just grand standing to pander to "The Blaze" readers and the like.


Its quit possible that the victims had voiced concern to their families over security leading up to the riots also the families might have had relevant testimony as to the cover up that followed; both would be relevant.
boney fingers
hunter
 
Posts: 845
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:30 pm

Re: Maggots

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:23 am

stackemhigh wrote:Walking out like that is in poor taste, if that's actually what happened. But I'd love to know how the families could possibly offer relevant testimony that would be the least bit helpful to the investigation. At first I was interested in this investigation, now it's just grand standing to pander to "The Blaze" readers and the like.

Yes, but when the attitude of the Democrat leaders are: what difference does it make at this point, they are dead and we don't give a damn, there is a need to provide political pressure to make the Democrat leaders give a damn, is there not?

It's not relevant to the facts on the ground, it is relevant to the question of what difference does it make at this point and relevant to applying political pressure to the Democrat leaders to make them give a damn that America was attacked, Americans died, etc. This is the same kind of thinking that inspired Obama bin Laden and his cohorts to progressively bigger and bolder attacks culminating in 9/11/01.

Bengazi is repeating that pattern and I would argue at a bigger and bolder level than what inspired bin Laden. It was a direct and brazen act of war on the U.S. and the response from the Commander-in-Chief implicitly and one of his cabinet secretaries explicitly is that it makes no different to America if you attack our country.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
User avatar
SpinnerMan
hunter
 
Posts: 16186
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:24 am
Location: Joliet, IL

Re: Maggots

Postby ScaupHunter » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:32 am

Anyone here take the time to stop and think back to what we have done as a nation prior to both world wars? We acted and looked weak. The Bible speaks of Armageddon and everyone knows that will occur in the middle east. We are becoming steadily more involved there. We have what may well be the weakest president in American history. WWIII may be just around the corner and we have an idiot who can't lead himself out of a wet paper bag in charge.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
User avatar
ScaupHunter
hunter
 
Posts: 6641
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:57 am

Re: Maggots

Postby stackemhigh » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:40 am

So Spinner you're saying that the point of this investigation is to inspire democratic leaders to do what exactly? You feel they aren't aware of the risk of terrorism or that they don't care enough about it? I just don't see how you've connected this event to your notion that the democrats don't care that we were attacked. Or where that notion really comes from. Right now the FBI has suspects and is having trouble getting in to Libya to make arrests. There's action being taken to somehow right the Benghazi wrong, but none of it is happening in a Congressional hearing. This is just like when the democrats march crying families into Congressional hearings about gun control. It's all for the press.
stackemhigh
hunter
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:42 pm

Re: Maggots

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:58 am

stackemhigh wrote:You feel they aren't aware of the risk of terrorism or that they don't care enough about it?
Absolutely.

I think they care just as much as Bill Clinton did, just as much as Jimmy Carter did, and it's hard to say but probably George Bush prior to 9/10/11.

They do not care anywhere close to enough. They fail to get the seriousness.

stackemhigh wrote:Or where that notion really comes from. Right now the FBI has suspects and is having trouble getting in to Libya to make arrests.
This was an act of war. Treating it like a law enforcement issue is EXACTLY what we did before 9/11/01. These are not criminals. These are enemy combatants engaged in war. They are not some random nutjob that went on a murderous rampage. These are the enemy engaged in an attack on the United States of America.

Sure, we can let them kill a whole crapload of Americans in these unbelievable small acts of war against the U.S. Even the 3,000+ plus killed on 9/11/01 is arguably an unbelievable small act of war that has a negligible impact on a nation of over 300,000,000.

Tolerating these unbelievably small acts of war is quite likely to lead to believably small acts of war and to small acts of war and ... Who knows, but history shows that tolerating these unbelievably small acts of war projects weakness which encourages violence.

stackemhigh wrote:This is just like when the democrats march crying families into Congressional hearings about gun control. It's all for the press.
It is not the same at all. Both sides agree that we have a serious problem. One side is totally clueless about what to do about it and the other knows what to do about it, but has little power to do anything about it since most of this occurs in the Democrat controlled areas of the country. The Dems are just really happy when its not the typical violence they tolerate in their local communities.

Last night in Chicago.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/20/chicago-park-shooting_n_3959062.html
Thirteen people, including a 3-year-old boy, were shot on Thursday night in a park on Chicago's South Side


That was a single incident. I'm sure others got shot elsewhere. With over 500 murders per year, and most shooting victims not dying, it's quite a few people getting shot on an average day.

Will the Democrats bring these families to Congress because they care about all people or only those that support their agenda? :huh:

It is not the same thing at all.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
User avatar
SpinnerMan
hunter
 
Posts: 16186
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:24 am
Location: Joliet, IL

Re: Maggots

Postby assateague » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:16 am

stackemhigh wrote: Right now the FBI has suspects and is having trouble getting in to Libya to make arrests.



You're aware that CNN, the BBC, and probably more I'm forgetting have sat down and talked to them. They had no problem whatsoever getting to them. But when you have an administration that says, and I quote, "what difference does it make?", you'll have to excuse my skepticism that they want to do a damn thing to get to the bottom of it.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
User avatar
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire
 
Posts: 21277
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:25 pm
Location: Eastern Shore, People's Republic of Maryland

Re: Maggots

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:32 am

BTW, here is the response from the Mayor of Chicago and former Obama Chief-of-Staff.

http://www.wptz.com/news/national/URGENT-Chicago-Shooting-Emanuel/-/8869978/22037536/-/h6ul4j/-/index.html
Senseless and brazen acts of violence have no place in Chicago and betray all that we stand for. The perpetrators of this crime will be brought to justice and prosecuted to the full extent of the law. I encourage everyone in the community to step forward with any information and everyone in Chicago to continue their individual efforts to build stronger communities where violence has no place.


What a joke. This is the community they built. They have no clue how to build a stronger community. They have no clue how to build a community where violence is not common place. It's not what they stand for, but it is what they get because they are clueless in their fantasy world. Just like Bengazi. It doesn't fit their fantasy, so it makes no difference. And it does not, They are religious zealots who will never adapt their views to reality. If only everybody was forced to believe what they believe, then they would achieve their utopian goals. Until then, it's those damn heretics that disagree with their beliefs that are to blame for their failures. Whether it's people being shot in Chicago, all the failures of Obamacare, the failure of their so-called stimulus, or whatever, their faith is never shaken.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
User avatar
SpinnerMan
hunter
 
Posts: 16186
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:24 am
Location: Joliet, IL

Re: Maggots

Postby ScaupHunter » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:21 am

Socialists, Communists, Liberals, and Progressives are all the same. They talk a great line while not giving one rats behind less about people. Obama is the pentultimate leader of the masses of drones. It would be funny watching people turn on him if what is happening wasn't so sad.

The leaders have to come out and say stuff like that to keep the drones in line. It makes for a nice sound bite, and helps them look like they are doing something.

War on Drugs? What? War on Poverty? What? Wars are fought and won with maximum violence on target. This alone guarantees there is no war on drugs or poverty. If they were serious about those things there would be no real drug problem, the border would be fully closed and monitored by our military, and the poverty issue would be very low or non-existant.

They simply do not want to fix the problems. They are just making noise to cover their indifference and incompetence.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
User avatar
ScaupHunter
hunter
 
Posts: 6641
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:57 am

Re: Maggots

Postby stackemhigh » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:56 am

Spinner, what you're saying is that it's posturing when democrats bring victim's families into gun control committee meetings but not when republicans bring victim's families into Benghazi hearings because gun deaths happen all the time? American's are killed in the middle east every day! The only reason Benghazi is an issue at all right now is because it was originally thought that it could somehow be linked to Obama, which after 9 months a Congressional investigation has not shown. That's the reality. Directly from the accountability review board:

However, the Board did not find that any individual U.S. Government
employee engaged in misconduct or willfully ignored his or her responsibilities,
and, therefore did not find reasonable cause to believe that an individual
breached his or her duty so as to be the subject of a recommendation for
disciplinary action.


They won elections, they're instituting their policies. It's American democracy. If you disagree, your job as an American is to garner support for your ideas and candidates. I disagree with most of what Obama does and stands for, but to buy into the idea that there's some grand Muslim takeover of American happening or a renewed Communist threat and that somehow Chicago and Benghazi are related to that is just unfounded and stupid.
stackemhigh
hunter
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:42 pm

Re: Maggots

Postby assateague » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:30 am

I'll say this slowly, since so many don't seem to get it:


We. Don't. Have. A. Democracy.

It was not intended to be a democracy. It should not be a democracy. If it is in fact a democracy now, it is only through a perversion of our original intent.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
User avatar
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire
 
Posts: 21277
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:25 pm
Location: Eastern Shore, People's Republic of Maryland

Re: Maggots

Postby stackemhigh » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:41 am

How don't we have a democracy? I agree that our version of it today differs from the original, but only in that the people have far more voting power than they originally did. And what do you mean that it shouldn't be a democracy? What should it be?
stackemhigh
hunter
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:42 pm

Re: Maggots

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:02 pm

stackemhigh wrote:American's are killed in the middle east every day!
This was an act of war. They attacked the United States of America. Foreigners are murdered in the U.S. all the time. Some Mexican drug dealer killed in drug violence happens all the time. If the attack purposely targeted the Mexican consulate and they killed the ambassador, that would be very different would it not? The Mexican government would look very differently on the two, would they not?

stackemhigh wrote:what you're saying is that it's posturing when democrats bring victim's families into gun control committee meetings but not when republicans bring victim's families into Benghazi hearings because gun deaths happen all the time?

Democrats have the authority they need to greatly reduce gun violence in Chicago. They control everything. Republicans have no ability to stop the President from ignoring and act of war committed against the U.S.

Democrats have the power to save lives, so what is the point of bring attention to the issue as they say? :huh:

Republican have no power to force they President to act, so there is a point to be made, is there not?

Can I read the minds of the Republicans involved? No. Are some just as disingenuous? Of course, they are politicians after all. :fingerhead:

stackemhigh wrote:The only reason Benghazi is an issue at all right now is because it was originally thought that it could somehow be linked to Obama, which after 9 months a Congressional investigation has not shown.
So you do not care that it was an act of war committed against the U.S.? Screw the politicians and their corrupt motives. This was serious. This is serious. But like everything, the only thing that matters is which political party it helps or hurts. That is the only measure of right and wrong. :mad:

BTW, what was Obama doing while the U.S. was under attack? :huh: It's seems like he was more worried about getting reelected than the fact that the U.S. was under assault in Libya.

stackemhigh wrote:f you disagree, your job as an American is to garner support for your ideas and candidates.
Which is exactly what the Republicans are doing and you are criticizing. :huh:
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
User avatar
SpinnerMan
hunter
 
Posts: 16186
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:24 am
Location: Joliet, IL

Re: Maggots

Postby Andy W » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:03 pm

stackemhigh wrote:How don't we have a democracy? I agree that our version of it today differs from the original, but only in that the people have far more voting power than they originally did. And what do you mean that it shouldn't be a democracy? What should it be?


http://www.thesocialleader.com/2010/07/american-form-government/
Last edited by Andy W on Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andy W
hunter
 
Posts: 614
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:30 am
Location: KY

Re: Maggots

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:06 pm

Andy W wrote:
stackemhigh wrote:How don't we have a democracy? I agree that our version of it today differs from the original, but only in that the people have far more voting power than they originally did. And what do you mean that it shouldn't be a democracy? What should it be?


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_government_of_the_United_States

http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/charters/constitution_transcript.html

Article IV Section 4 of the United States Constitution

The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened), against domestic Violence.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
User avatar
SpinnerMan
hunter
 
Posts: 16186
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:24 am
Location: Joliet, IL

Re: Maggots

Postby stackemhigh » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:16 pm

Andy,
democracy - Government by the people, exercised either directly or through elected representatives.
Explain how we don't have a democracy, posting a wiki link is a cop-out.

Spinner,
How do you differentiate between a mass-murder and an act of war? Because it's government employees who were murdered? So you care more about government deaths than civilian deaths? And don't mistake my dismissal of the Benghazi issue as meaning that I don't care. I'm just wondering what you do at this point. Do we bomb Libya and run up another trillion dollar bill to kill the guys involved? The president isn't ignoring anything, the FBI claims they're on it. What more can be done? Do you think if we root these guys out it'll dissuade future terrorist attacks? I don't. Maybe that's our fundamental disagreement on this.

Which is exactly what the Republicans are doing and you are criticizing. :huh:


No, that's not what they're doing. They're using the guise of an investigative committee to keep a dead issue alive. Don't get me wrong, I'm a republican and I usually vote that way, but these clowns are wasting time and resources with this.
stackemhigh
hunter
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:42 pm

Re: Maggots

Postby Andy W » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:29 pm

Read the second link I posted and you should understand what form of government we have. It is not a democracy.
Andy W
hunter
 
Posts: 614
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:30 am
Location: KY

Re: Maggots

Postby assateague » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:31 pm

stackemhigh wrote:Andy,
democracy - Government by the people, exercised either directly or through elected representatives.
Explain how we don't have a democracy, posting a wiki link is a cop-out.




No, simply claiming something which is false, and then relying on someone else to set you straight is a cop out. Why should he (or anyone) do your legwork for you? We live in a republic. Period. Not a democracy. We may use a democratic system for electing our officials, but we do not live in a democracy.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
User avatar
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire
 
Posts: 21277
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:25 pm
Location: Eastern Shore, People's Republic of Maryland

Re: Maggots

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:48 pm

stackemhigh wrote:democracy - Government by the people, exercised either directly or through elected representatives.
Our founders despised democracy. You can find many quotes to that effect.

stackemhigh wrote:How do you differentiate between a mass-murder and an act of war?

So you don't differentiate between acts of war and criminal activity? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Obama conducting an unbelievably small air strike on Libya is an act of war. Are you seriously unable to differentiate that from Obama committing mass murder? :huh:

stackemhigh wrote:And don't mistake my dismissal of the Benghazi issue as meaning that I don't care. I'm just wondering what you do at this point. Do we bomb Libya and run up another trillion dollar bill to kill the guys involved?

You send the CIA, special forces, or whatever military force is appropriate. You don't send the cops. You don't arrest them and try them in civilian courts. You certainly don't bomb the innocent. You target the enemies and you take them out. Obama has done this with drone strikes and with special forces. It's not like he hasn't ordered many of these actions.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
User avatar
SpinnerMan
hunter
 
Posts: 16186
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:24 am
Location: Joliet, IL

Re: Maggots

Postby ScaupHunter » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:52 pm

stackemhigh wrote:Spinner, what you're saying is that it's posturing when democrats bring victim's families into gun control committee meetings but not when republicans bring victim's families into Benghazi hearings because gun deaths happen all the time? American's are killed in the middle east every day! The only reason Benghazi is an issue at all right now is because it was originally thought that it could somehow be linked to Obama, which after 9 months a Congressional investigation has not shown. That's the reality. Directly from the accountability review board:

Americans were abandoned to die when troops were readily available to save them. Obama intentionally allowed known enemy operatives steal 400 anti aircraft missiles. Obama failed to defend the citizens he swore to defend in violation of his oath. This was not a random criminal act which makes using the parents grandstanding. This was a knowing attack against Americans on American soil. That is an act of war and needs to have immediate and appropriate response. Bringing the parents in after the D's played the game may just be tit for tat. Either way it is warranted and the D's walking out is BS. Every last one of them should be tried as a traitor, convicted, and hung as the criminals they are for their behavior and violations of their oaths of office.


However, the Board did not find that any individual U.S. Government
employee engaged in misconduct or willfully ignored his or her responsibilities,
and, therefore did not find reasonable cause to believe that an individual
breached his or her duty so as to be the subject of a recommendation for
disciplinary action.


Of course it didn't. It is run by the people who support the people who commited the crimes. Every heard of corruption? Professional misconduct? This is literally the most dishonest President we have ever had and you expect us to believe a board appointed by his cronies?

They won elections, they're instituting their policies. It's American democracy. If you disagree, your job as an American is to garner support for your ideas and candidates. I disagree with most of what Obama does and stands for, but to buy into the idea that there's some grand Muslim takeover of American happening or a renewed Communist threat and that somehow Chicago and Benghazi are related to that is just unfounded and stupid.


No it is not! Their oath is to support the Constitution and uphold American law. Instead they violate it and try desperately to change it as fast as they can. There is quite literally nothing democratic or allowable about forcing a communist agenda on free people.


Is today special or are you always intentionally obtuse?
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
User avatar
ScaupHunter
hunter
 
Posts: 6641
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:57 am

Re: Maggots

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:16 pm

stackemhigh wrote:
Which is exactly what the Republicans are doing and you are criticizing. :huh:


No, that's not what they're doing. They're using the guise of an investigative committee to keep a dead issue alive.

Image

Could I borrow yours? Mine's not working as well as yours.

I think this is really the source of our difference. You are absolutely certain that this is the only reason they are doing it. How the hell would you know?

I made the argument as to why it is different, but concede that I can't read minds. Maybe they don't care any more than the Democrats. Maybe they are doing the right thing for purely political reasons. Hey, one side has to be on the right side, if only by chance. Are you sure that it is not the Democrats that are feigning not caring and really agree with the Republicans, but can't say so because of politics? One side is right and one is wrong. But yes, they all might be despicable human beings. They are all politicians after all.

Clearly, you agree with the Dems that while it may have mattered at some point, that point has long passed.

How long after the attack did it become a dead issue for you? I'm just curious what the time line for that is.

Is a President using the power of government to cover up something that could cost him the election a dead issue as soon as he wins the election? Maybe Nixon should have tried that dead issue argument?

There are other issues here as well. Are they really all dead?
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
User avatar
SpinnerMan
hunter
 
Posts: 16186
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:24 am
Location: Joliet, IL

Re: Maggots

Postby aunt betty » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:18 am

assateague wrote:I'll say this slowly, since so many don't seem to get it:


We. Don't. Have. A. Democracy.

It was not intended to be a democracy. It should not be a democracy. If it is in fact a democracy now, it is only through a perversion of our original intent.

I agree. Bitch slapping the voters and calling then lazy and uneducated is a fantastic way to deflect the argument away from the fact that AT so aptly has pointed out.

Not sure what you call our system but democracy is not it.
A government that makes decisions based on profitability is called??????
Thats what we got!!!!

A business with an elected board and officers?
That is pretty close.
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
User avatar
aunt betty
memberhip was not approved
 
Posts: 11696
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:09 pm
Location: Go HOGS!

Next

Return to Controversial Issues Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests