Maggots

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Re: Maggots

Postby Grossy23 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:10 pm

Maybe I'm off target here but this country hasn't fought a war to WIN since WW2 . Anyone care to disagree ? Korea , Vietnam , Grenada , Gulf War , Afghanistan , Iraq . We send our best and brightest young men and women to fight and die for what exactly ? I'm a vet of the Gulf War and that's the only time since WW2 that I can recall that we went in with overwhelming force . They knew who WON !
Our country tip toes around too much when it comes to military force . War is politics by other means . The problem is politicians . If the deployment is worth loosing one , ten , hundreds of men , it's worth WINNING on our terms . If it's not worth that , we should not deploy our forces .
We owe it to our forces that if we as a country put them in harms way that we support them with everything our country can provide , politically and militarily and that if they are in despair , we will come get them .
Benghazi never should have happened . Who , what , where , when and why ? Until those questions are asked and answered and I really mean asked And answered , not candy questions and politically spun answers , how can we get involved in a civil war in Syria ?
I have the utmost respect for vets of Iraq and Afghanistan , Korea and Vietnam . There is a saying that I'd like to quote :" For those who fought for it , freedom has a flavor the protected will never know ." Welcome home to ALL !
Grossy23
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:57 am

Bush was in Iraq and Afghanistan to win. However the Democrats in Congress were not. Our current Secretary of State was for it before he was against it or some such nonsense. Obama promised to "end" the wars. It's actually quite difficult for the winner of a war to end it. In most wars, the loser actually ends the war when they concede defeat and agree to terms or they flee the battlefield and go home.

Of course, if you look at a war as if it is a law enforcement exercise, then it never ends. You are not trying to break the enemy and convince them it is hopeless. You don't even see them as the enemy. They are just criminals, punish them, rehab them, and let them return to society. Do you think Obama truly believes that the people that attacked are consulate and killed our ambassador and others should get a death sentence for their "crimes" they committed?

If they don't even know how or have the stomach to effectively deter crime, how on earth can they take war seriously?
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:40 am

Grossy23 wrote:Maybe I'm off target here but this country hasn't fought a war to WIN since WW2 . Anyone care to disagree ? Korea , Vietnam , Grenada , Gulf War , Afghanistan , Iraq . We send our best and brightest young men and women to fight and die for what exactly ? I'm a vet of the Gulf War and that's the only time since WW2 that I can recall that we went in with overwhelming force . They knew who WON !
Our country tip toes around too much when it comes to military force . War is politics by other means . The problem is politicians . If the deployment is worth loosing one , ten , hundreds of men , it's worth WINNING on our terms . If it's not worth that , we should not deploy our forces .
We owe it to our forces that if we as a country put them in harms way that we support them with everything our country can provide , politically and militarily and that if they are in despair , we will come get them .
Benghazi never should have happened . Who , what , where , when and why ? Until those questions are asked and answered and I really mean asked And answered , not candy questions and politically spun answers , how can we get involved in a civil war in Syria ?
I have the utmost respect for vets of Iraq and Afghanistan , Korea and Vietnam . There is a saying that I'd like to quote :" For those who fought for it , freedom has a flavor the protected will never know ." Welcome home to ALL !

Watch President Lyndon Johnson's farewell address. He said some VERY profetic things in that speech.
Pay special attention to when he talks about the "military industrial complex" and how even the president has no knowledge or control over that.
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
memberhip was not approved

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:45 pm

stackemhigh wrote:Andy,
democracy - Government by the people, exercised either directly or through elected representatives.
Explain how we don't have a democracy, posting a wiki link is a cop-out.

Spinner,
How do you differentiate between a mass-murder and an act of war? Because it's government employees who were murdered? So you care more about government deaths than civilian deaths? And don't mistake my dismissal of the Benghazi issue as meaning that I don't care. I'm just wondering what you do at this point. Do we bomb Libya and run up another trillion dollar bill to kill the guys involved? The president isn't ignoring anything, the FBI claims they're on it. What more can be done? Do you think if we root these guys out it'll dissuade future terrorist attacks? I don't. Maybe that's our fundamental disagreement on this.

Which is exactly what the Republicans are doing and you are criticizing. :huh:

No, that's not what they're doing. They're using the guise of an investigative committee to keep a dead issue alive. Don't get me wrong, I'm a republican and I usually vote that way, but these clowns are wasting time and resources with this.

We have a Constitutional Republic, not a democracy. Our elections are democratic. There is a difference.
http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constitutional_republic
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby possumfoot » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:19 am

i'm pretty sure they were in korea for the win.. then the chinese army decided to get involved because the US was within a few miles of their border.. if china had not steped in there would be no north korea.. the north would have gotten what it wanted from the start, just not the way they expected..
WTN10 wrote:He was funny like a Pomeranian getting kicked over a fence.

pgquackstacker wrote:I actually started bringing a gun with me on dates, so I bring the girl's father out to my car and tell him if he tries to cock-block me I'll kill him.
possumfoot
hunter

Postby stackemhigh » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:40 am

aunt betty wrote:
Grossy23 wrote:Maybe I'm off target here but this country hasn't fought a war to WIN since WW2 . Anyone care to disagree ? Korea , Vietnam , Grenada , Gulf War , Afghanistan , Iraq . We send our best and brightest young men and women to fight and die for what exactly ? I'm a vet of the Gulf War and that's the only time since WW2 that I can recall that we went in with overwhelming force . They knew who WON !

Watch President Lyndon Johnson's farewell address. He said some VERY profetic things in that speech.
Pay special attention to when he talks about the "military industrial complex" and how even the president has no knowledge or control over that.

I think that you mean Eisenhower.
stackemhigh
hunter

Postby Chilidawg » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:24 pm

cartervj wrote:http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/09/19/democrats-excuse-themselves-from-house-hearing-before-family-members-of-benghazi-heroes-testify/

GOVERNMENT
DEMOCRATS ‘EXCUSE THEMSELVES’ FROM HOUSE HEARING BEFORE FAMILY MEMBERS OF BENGHAZI HEROES TESTIFY
Sep. 19, 2013 4:45pm Jason Howerton

Related:Libya: The Truth?
U.S. Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.), chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, revealed that Democrats excused themselves from a Thursday hearing on Benghazi before the family members of the slain American heroes testified.

It is unclear why Democrats were not interested in hearing what Patricia Smith, the mother of slain information management officer Sean Smith, and Charles Woods, the father of former Navy SEAL Tyrone Woods, had to say.

Issa tweeted a photo on Thursday showing the empty side of the room where Democrats are normally seated. The only Democrats who stuck around were Ranking Member Elijah Cummings and Rep. Jackie Speier (D-Calif.).

There are

24 Republicans
17 Democrats
on the the committee

At that particular hearing, there were

6 Republicans and 2 Democrats present.

Just thought that I would point that out.
Chilidawg
hunter

Postby cartervj » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:37 pm

your snap shot might be right, but according to every googled source I tired, the repubs did show back up and the dems left after the military part and did not show back up, no accounts of whether they had meetings or not

here's the ones that left

Rep. Carolyn Maloney (NY-14)
Rep. Eleanor Holmes Norton (D.C.)
Rep. John Tierney (MA-6)
Rep. Wm. Lacy Clay (MO-1)
Rep. Stephen Lynch (MA-9)
Rep. Jim Cooper (TN-5)
Rep. Gerald Connolly (VA-11)
Rep. Matt Cartwright (PA-17)
Rep. Mark Pocan (WI-2)
Rep. Tammy Duckworth (IL-8)
Rep. Danny K. Davis (IL-7)
Rep. Peter Welch (VT)
Rep. Tony Cardenas (CA-29)
Rep. Steve Horsford (NV-4)
Rep. Michelle Lujan Grisham (NM-1)

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2013/09/20/these-pictures-prove-fox-is-lying-democrats-did/196000

Media morons forgot America!!! Hey you misleading dinks. How about you point out that 22 of the 24 Democratic seats were VACANT during the ENTIRE testimony of the family? You want to point out that people come and go, true. You want to point out that only 6 republicans were in their seats during your one snap shot. But you fail to also note that those republican seats were also filled through most of the family's testimony. You only have an excusable absence for one of the Democratic representatives. But, you have no reason for the other 21 vacant seats. The 14 representatives in question walked out after the military testimony and BEFORE the families spoke and NEVER returned to their seats. Not once did they re-appear. You have an explanation for this? You care to correct this video from CSPAN which shows the vacant democratic seats for the entire 55 minutes???
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
cartervj
hunter

Previous

Return to Controversial Issues Forum