“We told you so, you frickin’ idiots”

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

“We told you so, you frickin’ idiots”

Postby Indaswamp » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:37 am

.... just doesn’t seem strong enough.... :mad: :mad: :mad: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: "We told you so!"

“If you’re one of the more than 250 million Americans who already have health insurance, you will keep your health insurance. This law will only make it more secure and more affordable.”

— President Barack Obama, June 28, 2009

“If you like your health care plan, you can keep your health care plan.”

— President Barack Obama, Aug. 11, 2009

“If you are among the hundreds of millions of Americans who already have health insurance through your job, or Medicare, or Medicaid, or the VA, nothing in this plan will require you or your employer to change the coverage or the doctor you have.”

— President Barack Obama, Sept. 9, 2009


continuing...
This candidate solemnly pledged on June 5, 2008: “In an Obama administration, we’ll lower premiums by up to $2,500 for a typical family per year….. We’ll do it by the end of my first term as President of the United States.” Unfortunately, the experts working for Medicare’s actuary have (yet again[1]) reported that in its first 10 years, Obamacare will boost health spending by “roughly $621 billion” above the amounts Americans would have spent without this misguided law.


http://floppingaces.net/2013/09/23/we-told-you-so-you-frickin-idiots-just-doesnt-seem-strong-enough/
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 57445
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana


Re: “We told you so, you frickin’ idiots”

Postby Andy W » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:59 am

Yet many still defend the Boob-in-Chief. :help:
Andy W
hunter
 
Posts: 614
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:30 am
Location: KY

Re: “We told you so, you frickin’ idiots”

Postby swampbilly 1980 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:03 am

Is Cruz still standing? :biggrin:
Swampbilly1980- I got a feeva',..and the only cure is more Mergansers and face paint.
User avatar
swampbilly 1980
Forum & State Moderator
 
Posts: 9078
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:53 am
Location: Gloucester,Va.

Re: “We told you so, you frickin’ idiots”

Postby apexhunter » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:51 am

As of 7:20 this morning he has just retaken the podium after yielding to Marco Rubio for a bathroom break. I loved it when he read Dr. Seuss to his kids from the well of the Senate last night...classic and prophetic all at the same time.
"Shoot low boys...they're riding shetland ponies in search of true grit" Lewis Grizzard
apexhunter
hunter
 
Posts: 2240
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:46 pm
Location: Apex, NC

Re: “We told you so, you frickin’ idiots”

Postby beretta24 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:11 am

They are screwing themselves. They aren't stopping a damn thing. What they should do is challenge the constitutionality of the executive branch ordering offices not to enforce the insurance requirements, as designed by the law that Congress passed, for the first year. The exemptions will let the dems sail through midterm elections. The best way to change that schitty law is to enforce it. Delaying the pain makes them look like children.

Instead, they are grandstanding and in the end will at best will exempt themselves from the law and delay the individual mandate. So we still have to pay for the pain, except Congress and their buddies, but no one will be paying for it. :fingerhead:
User avatar
beretta24
State Moderator
 
Posts: 5940
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:54 pm
Location: MN

Re: “We told you so, you frickin’ idiots”

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:32 am

beretta24 wrote:They are screwing themselves. They aren't stopping a damn thing.
I agree IF they don't have a counter offer that they are willing to accept.

If they can force some changes, like making Obama's illegal delay of the worker mandate legal along with a delay of the individual mandate.

If they just "bring attention" and fail, no question they are not helping their stated cause. Of course, if Cruz's real cause is to raise his profile and shoot for a VP slot on the 2016 ticket, he is succeeding.

God I hope the voters don't pick another candidate for President whose biggest achievement in life is being a freshman Senator.

beretta24 wrote:What they should do is challenge the constitutionality of the executive branch ordering offices not to enforce the insurance requirements, as designed by the law that Congress passed, for the first year. The exemptions will let the dems sail through midterm elections.
I disagree. Obama is a joke. They are in good position for 2014 if they don't self destruct like they seem to be doing. Causing suffering for the sake of electoral gain is morally reprehensible and politically beneficial to the part of the poor and not the party of the prosperous.

Delay it, win the House and Senate in 2014 and win in 2016 and delay it for ever! That's the right path morally and politically. Granted they are probably too stupid to do it, but I'm pretty much convinced we have crossed the point of no return. Sure there will be plenty of false hope along the glide path, but I think the part of the power have created a politically impenetrable power base of poverty. Obamacare expands it. Delay it reduces it.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
User avatar
SpinnerMan
hunter
 
Posts: 16195
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:24 am
Location: Joliet, IL

Re: “We told you so, you frickin’ idiots”

Postby swampbilly 1980 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:35 am

beretta24 wrote:They are screwing themselves. They aren't stopping a damn thing. What they should do is challenge the constitutionality of the executive branch ordering offices not to enforce the insurance requirements, as designed by the law that Congress passed, for the first year. The exemptions will let the dems sail through midterm elections. The best way to change that schitty law is to enforce it. Delaying the pain makes them look like children.

Instead, they are grandstanding and in the end will at best will exempt themselves from the law and delay the individual mandate. So we still have to pay for the pain, except Congress and their buddies, but no one will be paying for it. :fingerhead:

Regardless of what the truth really is, whether grandstanding or not, I gotta' give the man some credit-
Think there's some merit for standing up, (all day and night), to stick up for what you believe in- and what MOST of us don't want.
Even if it leads to an already known dead-end.
Not many left who'll do just that.
:beer:
Swampbilly1980- I got a feeva',..and the only cure is more Mergansers and face paint.
User avatar
swampbilly 1980
Forum & State Moderator
 
Posts: 9078
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:53 am
Location: Gloucester,Va.

Re: “We told you so, you frickin’ idiots”

Postby beretta24 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:18 am

swampbilly 1980 wrote:
beretta24 wrote:They are screwing themselves. They aren't stopping a damn thing. What they should do is challenge the constitutionality of the executive branch ordering offices not to enforce the insurance requirements, as designed by the law that Congress passed, for the first year. The exemptions will let the dems sail through midterm elections. The best way to change that schitty law is to enforce it. Delaying the pain makes them look like children.

Instead, they are grandstanding and in the end will at best will exempt themselves from the law and delay the individual mandate. So we still have to pay for the pain, except Congress and their buddies, but no one will be paying for it. :fingerhead:

Regardless of what the truth really is, whether grandstanding or not, I gotta' give the man some credit-
Think there's some merit for standing up, (all day and night), to stick up for what you believe in- and what MOST of us don't want.
Even if it leads to an already known dead-end.
Not many left who'll do just that.
:beer:

Its a fing joke. If they delay mandates we will be racking up bills without the cash/tax to pay for it. Stupid.

The repubs in charge have said nothing against their own exemption from the law. They are playing you for a fool. They practice not what they preach.
User avatar
beretta24
State Moderator
 
Posts: 5940
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:54 pm
Location: MN

Re: “We told you so, you frickin’ idiots”

Postby swampbilly 1980 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:38 am

beretta24 wrote:
swampbilly 1980 wrote:
beretta24 wrote:They are screwing themselves. They aren't stopping a damn thing. What they should do is challenge the constitutionality of the executive branch ordering offices not to enforce the insurance requirements, as designed by the law that Congress passed, for the first year. The exemptions will let the dems sail through midterm elections. The best way to change that schitty law is to enforce it. Delaying the pain makes them look like children.

Instead, they are grandstanding and in the end will at best will exempt themselves from the law and delay the individual mandate. So we still have to pay for the pain, except Congress and their buddies, but no one will be paying for it. :fingerhead:

Regardless of what the truth really is, whether grandstanding or not, I gotta' give the man some credit-
Think there's some merit for standing up, (all day and night), to stick up for what you believe in- and what MOST of us don't want.
Even if it leads to an already known dead-end.
Not many left who'll do just that.
:beer:

Its a fing joke. If they delay mandates we will be racking up bills without the cash/tax to pay for it. Stupid.

"Racking up bills" without the cash happens without delayed mandates :wink: :yes:

http://www.usdebtclock.org/
Swampbilly1980- I got a feeva',..and the only cure is more Mergansers and face paint.
User avatar
swampbilly 1980
Forum & State Moderator
 
Posts: 9078
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:53 am
Location: Gloucester,Va.

Re: “We told you so, you frickin’ idiots”

Postby Indaswamp » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:47 am

beretta24 wrote:
swampbilly 1980 wrote:
beretta24 wrote:They are screwing themselves. They aren't stopping a damn thing. What they should do is challenge the constitutionality of the executive branch ordering offices not to enforce the insurance requirements, as designed by the law that Congress passed, for the first year. The exemptions will let the dems sail through midterm elections. The best way to change that schitty law is to enforce it. Delaying the pain makes them look like children.

Instead, they are grandstanding and in the end will at best will exempt themselves from the law and delay the individual mandate. So we still have to pay for the pain, except Congress and their buddies, but no one will be paying for it. :fingerhead:

Regardless of what the truth really is, whether grandstanding or not, I gotta' give the man some credit-
Think there's some merit for standing up, (all day and night), to stick up for what you believe in- and what MOST of us don't want.
Even if it leads to an already known dead-end.
Not many left who'll do just that.
:beer:

Its a fing joke. If they delay mandates we will be racking up bills without the cash/tax to pay for it. Stupid.

The repubs in charge have said nothing against their own exemption from the law. They are playing you for a fool. They practice not what they preach.

gotta agree with beretta on this one, they could stop it but won't.
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 57445
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: “We told you so, you frickin’ idiots”

Postby ScaupHunter » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:03 am

No one is going to stop Obamacare until it implodes. Anyone who is thinking otherwise needs to reassess things fully!

This is a tactical move by the Republicans that is going to pay bid dividends in the long run. They don't have enough power to, and don't want to fix their own special package so that is a non player from all angles right now. It would be stupid and self destructive to act against that item right now.

Obamacare was determined to be Constitutionally sound by the Supreme Court as I recall. That means the train wreck will roll on until it blows up in all of our faces. The reality is the electorate is the problem. To many idiots with their hands out who believe sound bites. We have not hit bottom yet. We won't see any real change until we do.

Tactics seem to slip the grasp of many folks here. You have to step back and take the long view, come at it from every angle, then make educated guesses as to what the enemy and your allies are doing. The end run that is presently going on is not grandstanding. It is politcians simply defining where they stand and drawing real red line in the sand. They know Obummer is a weak pandering idiot. They are reinforcing that with the American public every second they hold him and his agenda hostage.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
User avatar
ScaupHunter
hunter
 
Posts: 6651
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:57 am

Re: “We told you so, you frickin’ idiots”

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:21 am

ScaupHunter wrote:The end run that is presently going on is not grandstanding.
I hope you are correct, but they are all politicians, so who knows.

Even if they are not grandstanding, it doesn't mean they are competent, their tactics sound, and they will be successful. Again, they are politicians after all.


ScaupHunter wrote:That means the train wreck will roll on until it blows up in all of our faces.


The train wreck problem is first that it won't blow up in ALL of our faces. The rich and the poor will be fine. The rich are rich and it will have no noticeable impact. The poor are poor and they have nothing to lose as far as they can tell which is why they are poor in large part.

It is crushing on a range of the working middle class. And explaining that to the mathematically challenged educated by Democrat-loyalist in government schools will not be easy.

http://pjmedia.com/blog/the-wedding-tax/?singlepage=true
when combined with Uncle Sam’s current income and payroll tax regimes, the gradual expiration as income increases of Obamacare’s “tax credits” — which Kaiser’s model schizophrenically describes as “government tax credit subsidies” — will raise the portion of income taken by the government for each additional dollar of earnings to between one-third and one-half, effectively taxing most American workers at marginal rates usually limited to the planet’s highest income earners. The second is that its subsidy “cliffs” will cause middle-aged single people and married couples making as little as $45,960 and $62,040, respectively, to lose over $10,000 in subsidies — or “tax credits,” in the preferred language of OFA and the U.S. Supreme Court’s — when they earn just one additional dollar.


Image

http://pjmedia.com/blog/obamacares-cool-calculator-work-disincentives-like-weve-never-seen-before/?singlepage=true

Those looking for a Guinness Book of Records entry for the highest marginal tax rate ever imposed on a significant number of people will probably have to search far and wide to beat the 1,221,400% rate ($12,214 on a $1 income increase) a 64-year-old couple faces on dollar number 62,041 in annual income.

Image

The mathematically challenged educated by Democrat-loyalist in government schools will not understand that means if they get paid that extra dollar it will cost them $12,214.

It is the same reason all means tested benefits trap the poor in poverty, punish the middle class for their effort, and have no impact on the rich. It's been doing this for generations and I see know indication that people will realize why.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
User avatar
SpinnerMan
hunter
 
Posts: 16195
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:24 am
Location: Joliet, IL

Re: “We told you so, you frickin’ idiots”

Postby beretta24 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:53 am

ScaupHunter wrote:No one is going to stop Obamacare until it implodes. Anyone who is thinking otherwise needs to reassess things fully!

This is a tactical move by the Republicans that is going to pay bid dividends in the long run. They don't have enough power to, and don't want to fix their own special package so that is a non player from all angles right now. It would be stupid and self destructive to act against that item right now.

Obamacare was determined to be Constitutionally sound by the Supreme Court as I recall. That means the train wreck will roll on until it blows up in all of our faces. The reality is the electorate is the problem. To many idiots with their hands out who believe sound bites. We have not hit bottom yet. We won't see any real change until we do.

Tactics seem to slip the grasp of many folks here. You have to step back and take the long view, come at it from every angle, then make educated guesses as to what the enemy and your allies are doing. The end run that is presently going on is not grandstanding. It is politcians simply defining where they stand and drawing real red line in the sand. They know Obummer is a weak pandering idiot. They are reinforcing that with the American public every second they hold him and his agenda hostage.

Not grandstanding huh? Then why the fu** don't they challenge the exemption THEY are getting. You're dreaming Scaup. I do agree it will need to implode but right now they are pandering to a small majority.

To be clear, I have no problems personally with the government being shut down, but their war on obamacare is a joke. Enforce the law to its fullest per the law instead of letting the pres abuse executive power. When he gets to direct offices to ignore provisions in the law to suit his needs its a win for him.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2
User avatar
beretta24
State Moderator
 
Posts: 5940
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:54 pm
Location: MN

Re: “We told you so, you frickin’ idiots”

Postby Indaswamp » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:59 am

beretta24 wrote:
ScaupHunter wrote:No one is going to stop Obamacare until it implodes. Anyone who is thinking otherwise needs to reassess things fully!

This is a tactical move by the Republicans that is going to pay bid dividends in the long run. They don't have enough power to, and don't want to fix their own special package so that is a non player from all angles right now. It would be stupid and self destructive to act against that item right now.

Obamacare was determined to be Constitutionally sound by the Supreme Court as I recall. That means the train wreck will roll on until it blows up in all of our faces. The reality is the electorate is the problem. To many idiots with their hands out who believe sound bites. We have not hit bottom yet. We won't see any real change until we do.

Tactics seem to slip the grasp of many folks here. You have to step back and take the long view, come at it from every angle, then make educated guesses as to what the enemy and your allies are doing. The end run that is presently going on is not grandstanding. It is politcians simply defining where they stand and drawing real red line in the sand. They know Obummer is a weak pandering idiot. They are reinforcing that with the American public every second they hold him and his agenda hostage.

Not grandstanding huh? Then why the fu** don't they challenge the exemption THEY are getting. You're dreaming Scaup. I do agree it will need to implode but right now they are pandering to a small majority.

To be clear, I have no problems personally with the government being shut down, but their war on obamacare is a joke. Enforce the law to its fullest per the law instead of letting the pres abuse executive power. When he gets to direct offices to ignore provisions in the law to suit his needs its a win for him.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2

^^^^that^^^^^
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 57445
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: “We told you so, you frickin’ idiots”

Postby ScaupHunter » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:07 pm

beretta24 wrote:
ScaupHunter wrote:No one is going to stop Obamacare until it implodes. Anyone who is thinking otherwise needs to reassess things fully!

This is a tactical move by the Republicans that is going to pay bid dividends in the long run. They don't have enough power to, and don't want to fix their own special package so that is a non player from all angles right now. It would be stupid and self destructive to act against that item right now.

Obamacare was determined to be Constitutionally sound by the Supreme Court as I recall. That means the train wreck will roll on until it blows up in all of our faces. The reality is the electorate is the problem. To many idiots with their hands out who believe sound bites. We have not hit bottom yet. We won't see any real change until we do.

Tactics seem to slip the grasp of many folks here. You have to step back and take the long view, come at it from every angle, then make educated guesses as to what the enemy and your allies are doing. The end run that is presently going on is not grandstanding. It is politcians simply defining where they stand and drawing real red line in the sand. They know Obummer is a weak pandering idiot. They are reinforcing that with the American public every second they hold him and his agenda hostage.

Not grandstanding huh? Then why the fu** don't they challenge the exemption THEY are getting. You're dreaming Scaup. I do agree it will need to implode but right now they are pandering to a small majority.

To be clear, I have no problems personally with the government being shut down, but their war on obamacare is a joke. Enforce the law to its fullest per the law instead of letting the pres abuse executive power. When he gets to direct offices to ignore provisions in the law to suit his needs its a win for him.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2



You are missing the end game entirely. You are dreaming. Sit back and watch the gamesmanship for a while then get back to me in a few months after you see where this leads. We all make fun of policiticians while very few of us understand the true internal workings and methods of our federal political system. The end is near. The only question is what will that end be for and for whom. Obama is waging war on the middle class. He has effectively taken the middle class and turned them into the poor class while leaving the rich alone. The R's are playing a deft game. The real question is are they competent enough, and are there enough of them to over ride the RINO's and D's.

Small Majority? Isn't that an oxymoron?
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
User avatar
ScaupHunter
hunter
 
Posts: 6651
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:57 am

Re: “We told you so, you frickin’ idiots”

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:22 pm

ScaupHunter wrote:We all make fun of policiticians while very few of us understand the true internal workings and methods of our federal political system. The end is near.
And some of us make fun of politicians because we understand the true internal workings and methods of our federal political system. :yes:

ScaupHunter wrote:The only question is what will that end be for and for whom. Obama is waging war on the middle class. He has effectively taken the middle class and turned them into the poor class while leaving the rich alone. The R's are playing a deft game.
I think they are playing as deft a game as the Republicans did in Detroit while the Democrats successfully waged their war on the middle class and created an impenetrable political power base of poverty.

ScaupHunter wrote:The real question is are they competent enough, and are there enough of them to over ride the RINO's and D's.
That is most definitely the question. The problem is that the record is 0 - 395,121,123,134. There have been a few celebratory ties, but all were later won by the Dems.

beretta24 wrote:Enforce the law to its fullest per the law instead of letting the pres abuse executive power.
The president enforces the laws. Do you see the catch 22 in your demand? Congress has no enforcement power. This IS their "enforcement" power. Depending that people be punished makes Obama look like a hero. Either the people end up being punished as the Republicans demanded or they don't see it and the Republicans lose for trying to punish the people. There's a reason Democrats get no blame for Detroit and their stranglehold on government is not in danger.

How do we get out of this mess? I don't think we do.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
User avatar
SpinnerMan
hunter
 
Posts: 16195
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:24 am
Location: Joliet, IL

Re: “We told you so, you frickin’ idiots”

Postby ScaupHunter » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:33 pm

We get out of this mess by getting into a much bigger mess. History is a mean B of a mistress and she is about to hit the reset button on America. We did it to ourselves and it only took a little over 200 years to do it. We are a sad sack nation and just a pimple on historys buttocks for only lasting this long before self destructing in what will most likely be an epic fashion.

The best news of all is that Equal Opportunity made sure it was an unqualified black president that did us in. What are the poor going to say about him in 10 years? 20? They are going to hate him with the passion of a thousand burning suns for what he did to them. History and hindsight Mean B mistresses and all that.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
User avatar
ScaupHunter
hunter
 
Posts: 6651
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:57 am

Re: “We told you so, you frickin’ idiots”

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:34 pm

ScaupHunter wrote:We get out of this mess by getting into a much bigger mess.
Is that how Detroit is going to get out of their mess? :huh:

ScaupHunter wrote:What are the poor going to say about him in 10 years? 20?
The same thing they do now.

ScaupHunter wrote:History and hindsight Mean B mistresses and all that.
:huh:

FDR is a Democrat hero for taking a depression and making it Great.

BHO will be a Democrat hero for taking a recession and making it Great.

He will be celebrated for expanding their impenetrable political power base of poverty.

History will be written by liberal sycophants and the poor will be taught by Democrat-loyalist in government schools.

Reality may be a bitch, but ignorance is bliss.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
User avatar
SpinnerMan
hunter
 
Posts: 16195
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:24 am
Location: Joliet, IL

Re: “We told you so, you frickin’ idiots”

Postby beretta24 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:42 pm

Small majority...many polls suggest a small majority, just above 50 percent, are against Obamacare as a whole. Some suggest its the other way. It's merely an extension of socialized medicine, not the start. Medicare/Medicaid are about the same thing. You are fooling yourself if you don't think the majority of Rs aren't screwing us as bad as the Ds.

They aren't mastering this game. The majority of Rs are sucking up to the money powers. Unrealistic? Well, yes, what I would like to see happen won't. But at least I see I'm getting bent over by both sides and know this petty pandering is a game to appeal to their base, and not a smart strategic scheme to change our laws to help the middle class.

The Rs have the power to damage the Ds and shift the balance of power in a major way. Instead of hammering on the debt ceiling and budget they are stirring up the waters with Obamacare. It's short sighted. The cliff we are headed for is just getting deeper.
User avatar
beretta24
State Moderator
 
Posts: 5940
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:54 pm
Location: MN

Re: “We told you so, you frickin’ idiots”

Postby ScaupHunter » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:54 pm

The cliff will not do anything but get closer. 17 Trillion. Just exactly how do you think we will handle that debt?

economic Crash, Implosion, Civil War, etc.... The end is coming the questions is how and when.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
User avatar
ScaupHunter
hunter
 
Posts: 6651
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:57 am

Re: “We told you so, you frickin’ idiots”

Postby beretta24 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:56 pm

Spinner, Obama isn't enforcing the law. He's unilaterally CHANGING the law. It's likely unconstitutional via the separation of powers clause. Make him enforce what he signed into law and make the Dems OWN this b*tch. Give them and the US what the Dems voted for on their own.

Then they could destroy them in 2014. But they won't because their beholden to those with the purse strings. Plus, Obama helped exempt them and their staff from the hell their unleashing on the public. Selfish Fing pigs.
User avatar
beretta24
State Moderator
 
Posts: 5940
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:54 pm
Location: MN

Re: “We told you so, you frickin’ idiots”

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:02 pm

ScaupHunter wrote:Just exactly how do you think we will handle that debt?

Just like Detroit did :thumbsup:

Democrat politicians win and everybody else loses :sad:

beretta24 wrote:Obama isn't enforcing the law. He's unilaterally CHANGING the law.
I get that, but he is the only one empowered to enforce it.

Now should that be challenged in court. Of course. It's as constitutional as Obamacare. :thumbsup:

To paraphrase the ruling of the Chief Justice "The most straightforward reading of the law is that the President doesn't have that power. But, I'm a lawyer and can always make up some twisted logic that supports the position for which I am an advocate and therefore, we will call it enforcement and that makes the President free to do it because that is what I want to be true." :hammer:
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
User avatar
SpinnerMan
hunter
 
Posts: 16195
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:24 am
Location: Joliet, IL

Re: “We told you so, you frickin’ idiots”

Postby cartervj » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Crickets to the left of me :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
User avatar
cartervj
hunter
 
Posts: 7333
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:01 pm
Location: NW AL

Re: “We told you so, you frickin’ idiots”

Postby ScaupHunter » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:08 pm

The poor won't be able to sing his praises when they are turned into cannon fodder. We won't keep going the way we are forever. We might avoid the epic crash this time. But we most likely will not avoid the next one.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
User avatar
ScaupHunter
hunter
 
Posts: 6651
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:57 am

Re: “We told you so, you frickin’ idiots”

Postby Indaswamp » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:23 pm

ScaupHunter wrote:The poor won't be able to sing his praises when they are turned into cannon fodder. We won't keep going the way we are forever. We might avoid the epic crash this time. But we most likely will not avoid the next one.

the longer it is prolonged, the bigger it is gonna be.....
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 57445
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Next

Return to Controversial Issues Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests