Wealth inequality in the USA.

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Re: Wealth inequality in the USA.

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:16 am

Indaswamp wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:ou are therefore conversely stating that government does and should have the power to PREVENT the wealthy from raping the poor and disadvantaged.
Raping is a crime, so who does not believe it should be prevented whether literal or figurative? :huh:

Glimmerjim wrote:We all concur that this will happen regardless of government intervention.
We do not. Because unlike literal rape, a business cannot force you to buy their product, they cannot prevent you from starting a competitive business. If someone is "raping" the consumers, without government intervention, why would every corporation not invest in that and return the profits back to normal economic profits? :huh:


they can when they have a literal monopoly by design. most people can not chose who they buy their electric power from, though they can elect not to buy any at all and go off the grid. Same with natural gas.
But your examples are monopolies literally designed by the government. However, I think in most states you can buy your natural gas from multiple vendors and they have done a decent job of actually creating a competitive market.

Depends on if the gas is not pipped to the house, but put in tanks. houses that use tanks probably have a choice where to buy.

No you literally have a choice of gas suppliers. The distribution is a monopoly, but the supply is not. I believe this is a good model. A small fraction of the cost is distribution, but the largest societal impact is putting in the pipes, etc. Distribution as a regulated monopoly and supply as free market competition. Then you have both the regulators and the suppliers working to keep the distributors honest and efficient.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
User avatar
SpinnerMan
hunter
 
Posts: 15883
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:24 am
Location: Joliet, IL


Re: Wealth inequality in the USA.

Postby blackduckdog2 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:54 pm

Indaswamp wrote:question for the liberals-why has the massive number of ongoing frauds since 2007 not been stopped? Why are their no prosecutions? We have regulations. Is it doing any good?

“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it”

― Frederic Bastiat

You need look no further than the right's eighth grade attempts to discredit Elizabeth Warren for your answer. You'd rather attack her because she took some slight advantage of a dubious native American ancestry than support her in the way you most certainly would if she weren't a liberal. The idea that the right would even remotely want to see progress in this area during the Obama administration is laughable
"We have met the enemy, and he is us."
Walt Kelly, via Slow's avatar. Look it up
User avatar
blackduckdog2
hunter
 
Posts: 6288
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:02 am

Re: Wealth inequality in the USA.

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:48 pm

blackduckdog2 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:question for the liberals-why has the massive number of ongoing frauds since 2007 not been stopped? Why are their no prosecutions? We have regulations. Is it doing any good?

“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it”

― Frederic Bastiat

You need look no further than the right's eighth grade attempts to discredit Elizabeth Warren for your answer. You'd rather attack her because she took some slight advantage of a dubious native American ancestry than support her in the way you most certainly would if she weren't a liberal. The idea that the right would even remotely want to see progress in this area during the Obama administration is laughable

How did you get from my post that I was attacking HER? :huh:
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 56360
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Wealth inequality in the USA.

Postby Glimmerjim » Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:10 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:question for the liberals-why has the massive number of ongoing frauds since 2007 not been stopped? Why are their no prosecutions? We have regulations. Is it doing any good?

“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it”

― Frederic Bastiat

You need look no further than the right's eighth grade attempts to discredit Elizabeth Warren for your answer. You'd rather attack her because she took some slight advantage of a dubious native American ancestry than support her in the way you most certainly would if she weren't a liberal. The idea that the right would even remotely want to see progress in this area during the Obama administration is laughable

How did you get from my post that I was attacking HER? :huh:

Saw it on You Tube. You had her by a foot and 60 pounds, and everybody knows she drops her hands in the later rounds. Jeez Inda! :fingerpt:
Glimmerjim
hunter
 
Posts: 10714
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:41 am

Re: Wealth inequality in the USA.

Postby ScaupHunter » Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:22 pm

That's a butt whipping, not an attack. One is normally painful. The other is fatal. :beer:
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
User avatar
ScaupHunter
hunter
 
Posts: 6461
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:57 am

Re: Wealth inequality in the USA.

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:00 pm

blackduckdog2 wrote:You'd rather attack her because she took some slight advantage of a dubious native American ancestry than
AKA she lied. But we know the left does not care if their politicians lie whether it is a majority pretending she is some sort of minority or anything else.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
User avatar
SpinnerMan
hunter
 
Posts: 15883
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:24 am
Location: Joliet, IL

Re: Wealth inequality in the USA.

Postby blackduckdog2 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:58 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:You'd rather attack her because she took some slight advantage of a dubious native American ancestry than
AKA she lied. But we know the left does not care if their politicians lie whether it is a majority pretending she is some sort of minority or anything else.

Maybe she lied. A little. Maybe not...........but compared to her willingness as just about the only person in the country willing to go toe to toe with Wall Street, your insistence on petty peccadilloes shows just how massively disingenuous you are when it comes to financial reform. You'd do ANYTHING to prevent someone in the Obama administration from achieving any sort of success in that arena (or any arena, for that matter) Just another reason why we we liberals believe you guys are such piss poor Americans
"We have met the enemy, and he is us."
Walt Kelly, via Slow's avatar. Look it up
User avatar
blackduckdog2
hunter
 
Posts: 6288
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:02 am

Re: Wealth inequality in the USA.

Postby blackduckdog2 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:00 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:question for the liberals-why has the massive number of ongoing frauds since 2007 not been stopped? Why are their no prosecutions? We have regulations. Is it doing any good?

“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it”

― Frederic Bastiat

You need look no further than the right's eighth grade attempts to discredit Elizabeth Warren for your answer. You'd rather attack her because she took some slight advantage of a dubious native American ancestry than support her in the way you most certainly would if she weren't a liberal. The idea that the right would even remotely want to see progress in this area during the Obama administration is laughable

How did you get from my post that I was attacking HER? :huh:

Last time she was brought up in here the only comment you had to make was about the Indian thing. Which was a ridiculous tempest in a teapot, but that's not about to stop the right from stonewalling any Obama shot at meaningful financial reform. Do you want me to find the quote?
"We have met the enemy, and he is us."
Walt Kelly, via Slow's avatar. Look it up
User avatar
blackduckdog2
hunter
 
Posts: 6288
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:02 am

Re: Wealth inequality in the USA.

Postby beretta24 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:04 pm

blackduckdog2 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:question for the liberals-why has the massive number of ongoing frauds since 2007 not been stopped? Why are their no prosecutions? We have regulations. Is it doing any good?

“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it”

― Frederic Bastiat

You need look no further than the right's eighth grade attempts to discredit Elizabeth Warren for your answer. You'd rather attack her because she took some slight advantage of a dubious native American ancestry than support her in the way you most certainly would if she weren't a liberal. The idea that the right would even remotely want to see progress in this area during the Obama administration is laughable

How did you get from my post that I was attacking HER? :huh:

Last time she was brought up in here the only comment you had to make was about the Indian thing. Which was a ridiculous tempest in a teapot, but that's not about to stop the right from stonewalling any Obama shot at meaningful financial reform. Do you want me to find the quote?

Obama taking a shot at meaningful financial reform? Do tell me more...

He has f***ing ignored it.

As for Warren, ill agree she's made some solid noise on that front, but I don't know much about her beyond that.
User avatar
beretta24
State Moderator
 
Posts: 5477
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:54 pm
Location: MN

Re: Wealth inequality in the USA.

Postby blackduckdog2 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:13 pm

beretta24 wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:question for the liberals-why has the massive number of ongoing frauds since 2007 not been stopped? Why are their no prosecutions? We have regulations. Is it doing any good?

“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it”

― Frederic Bastiat

You need look no further than the right's eighth grade attempts to discredit Elizabeth Warren for your answer. You'd rather attack her because she took some slight advantage of a dubious native American ancestry than support her in the way you most certainly would if she weren't a liberal. The idea that the right would even remotely want to see progress in this area during the Obama administration is laughable

How did you get from my post that I was attacking HER? :huh:

Last time she was brought up in here the only comment you had to make was about the Indian thing. Which was a ridiculous tempest in a teapot, but that's not about to stop the right from stonewalling any Obama shot at meaningful financial reform. Do you want me to find the quote?

Obama taking a shot at meaningful financial reform? Do tell me more...

He has f***ing ignored it.

As for Warren, ill agree she's made some solid noise on that front, but I don't know much about her beyond that.

He tried to put Warren into a position of actual accountability and was stonewalled every step of the way. Then he basically threw up his hands and ignored it which pissed me off, but it's not accurate to say he didn't try at all. The country should rally behind Warren big time but don't hold your breath
"We have met the enemy, and he is us."
Walt Kelly, via Slow's avatar. Look it up
User avatar
blackduckdog2
hunter
 
Posts: 6288
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:02 am

Re: Wealth inequality in the USA.

Postby beretta24 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:20 pm

blackduckdog2 wrote:
beretta24 wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:question for the liberals-why has the massive number of ongoing frauds since 2007 not been stopped? Why are their no prosecutions? We have regulations. Is it doing any good?

“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it”

― Frederic Bastiat

You need look no further than the right's eighth grade attempts to discredit Elizabeth Warren for your answer. You'd rather attack her because she took some slight advantage of a dubious native American ancestry than support her in the way you most certainly would if she weren't a liberal. The idea that the right would even remotely want to see progress in this area during the Obama administration is laughable

How did you get from my post that I was attacking HER? :huh:

Last time she was brought up in here the only comment you had to make was about the Indian thing. Which was a ridiculous tempest in a teapot, but that's not about to stop the right from stonewalling any Obama shot at meaningful financial reform. Do you want me to find the quote?

Obama taking a shot at meaningful financial reform? Do tell me more...

He has f***ing ignored it.

As for Warren, ill agree she's made some solid noise on that front, but I don't know much about her beyond that.

He tried to put Warren into a position of actual accountability and was stonewalled every step of the way. Then he basically threw up his hands and ignored it which pissed me off, but it's not accurate to say he didn't try at all. The country should rally behind Warren big time but don't hold your breath

Can you give me more detail? Because from where I sit I see the same billionaire financiers supporting his campaign, and him paying the same lip service to the public the past 5+ yrs. And more importantly I see him whole heartedly back the Fed. He has said nothing against the further saturation of the money supply. I assume its because he knows it would mean instant recession on his watch. And until Fed policies change anything else is a drop in the bucket.
User avatar
beretta24
State Moderator
 
Posts: 5477
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:54 pm
Location: MN

Re: Wealth inequality in the USA.

Postby blackduckdog2 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:28 pm

From Wiki..........
"Warren was an early advocate for the creation of a new Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB). The bureau was established by the Dodd–Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act signed into law by President Obama in July 2010. In anticipation of the agency's formal opening, for the first year after the bill's signing, Warren worked on implementation of the bureau as a special assistant to the president. While liberal groups and consumer advocacy groups pushed for Obama to nominate Warren as the agency's permanent director, Warren was strongly opposed by financial institutions and by Republican members of Congress who believed Warren would be an overly zealous regulator. Reportedly convinced that Warren could not win Senate confirmation as the bureau's first director, Obama turned to former Ohio Attorney General Richard Cordray and in January 2012, over the objections of Republican Senators, appointed Cordray to the post in a recess appointment."
I'm the first guy to admit he doesn't get the Fed, but I have no reason to doubt what you say
"We have met the enemy, and he is us."
Walt Kelly, via Slow's avatar. Look it up
User avatar
blackduckdog2
hunter
 
Posts: 6288
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:02 am

Re: Wealth inequality in the USA.

Postby beretta24 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:07 pm

Thanks for the honest and simple reply. After my last drink, much more would have been overly burdensome. :)
User avatar
beretta24
State Moderator
 
Posts: 5477
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:54 pm
Location: MN

Re: Wealth inequality in the USA.

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:19 pm

blackduckdog2 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:question for the liberals-why has the massive number of ongoing frauds since 2007 not been stopped? Why are their no prosecutions? We have regulations. Is it doing any good?

“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it”

― Frederic Bastiat

You need look no further than the right's eighth grade attempts to discredit Elizabeth Warren for your answer. You'd rather attack her because she took some slight advantage of a dubious native American ancestry than support her in the way you most certainly would if she weren't a liberal. The idea that the right would even remotely want to see progress in this area during the Obama administration is laughable

How did you get from my post that I was attacking HER? :huh:

Last time she was brought up in here the only comment you had to make was about the Indian thing. Which was a ridiculous tempest in a teapot, but that's not about to stop the right from stonewalling any Obama shot at meaningful financial reform. Do you want me to find the quote?

Yea, I laughed at it because I thought it was funny. But I gave her many kudos in numerous posts for fighting wall street. I also gave mega kudos to Brooksley Born who got rail roaded. She saw the fraud in housing, gold, and silver and got run out of washington on a rail. My comment was directed at congress, the SEC, COMEX, CFTC and other regulatory agencies that have ignored the outright fraud. Where were they? They KNEW what the Flock was going on and turned a blind eye to it!
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 56360
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Wealth inequality in the USA.

Postby blackduckdog2 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:05 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:question for the liberals-why has the massive number of ongoing frauds since 2007 not been stopped? Why are their no prosecutions? We have regulations. Is it doing any good?

“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it”

― Frederic Bastiat

You need look no further than the right's eighth grade attempts to discredit Elizabeth Warren for your answer. You'd rather attack her because she took some slight advantage of a dubious native American ancestry than support her in the way you most certainly would if she weren't a liberal. The idea that the right would even remotely want to see progress in this area during the Obama administration is laughable

How did you get from my post that I was attacking HER? :huh:

Last time she was brought up in here the only comment you had to make was about the Indian thing. Which was a ridiculous tempest in a teapot, but that's not about to stop the right from stonewalling any Obama shot at meaningful financial reform. Do you want me to find the quote?

Yea, I laughed at it because I thought it was funny. But I gave her many kudos in numerous posts for fighting wall street. I also gave mega kudos to Brooksley Born who got rail roaded. She saw the fraud in housing, gold, and silver and got run out of washington on a rail. My comment was directed at congress, the SEC, COMEX, CFTC and other regulatory agencies that have ignored the outright fraud. Where were they? They KNEW what the Flock was going on and turned a blind eye to it!

Fair enough, it wouldn't be the first time I misread someone on the inter-webs :beer:
"We have met the enemy, and he is us."
Walt Kelly, via Slow's avatar. Look it up
User avatar
blackduckdog2
hunter
 
Posts: 6288
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:02 am

Re: Wealth inequality in the USA.

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:06 pm

blackduckdog2 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:question for the liberals-why has the massive number of ongoing frauds since 2007 not been stopped? Why are their no prosecutions? We have regulations. Is it doing any good?

“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it”

― Frederic Bastiat

You need look no further than the right's eighth grade attempts to discredit Elizabeth Warren for your answer. You'd rather attack her because she took some slight advantage of a dubious native American ancestry than support her in the way you most certainly would if she weren't a liberal. The idea that the right would even remotely want to see progress in this area during the Obama administration is laughable

How did you get from my post that I was attacking HER? :huh:

Last time she was brought up in here the only comment you had to make was about the Indian thing. Which was a ridiculous tempest in a teapot, but that's not about to stop the right from stonewalling any Obama shot at meaningful financial reform. Do you want me to find the quote?

Yea, I laughed at it because I thought it was funny. But I gave her many kudos in numerous posts for fighting wall street. I also gave mega kudos to Brooksley Born who got rail roaded. She saw the fraud in housing, gold, and silver and got run out of washington on a rail. My comment was directed at congress, the SEC, COMEX, CFTC and other regulatory agencies that have ignored the outright fraud. Where were they? They KNEW what the Flock was going on and turned a blind eye to it!

Fair enough, it wouldn't be the first time I misread someone on the inter-webs :beer:

:thumbsup:
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 56360
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Wealth inequality in the USA.

Postby SpinnerMan » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:47 am

blackduckdog2 wrote:From Wiki..........
"Warren was an early advocate for the creation of a new Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB). The bureau was established by the Dodd–Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act signed into law by President Obama in July 2010. In anticipation of the agency's formal opening, for the first year after the bill's signing, Warren worked on implementation of the bureau as a special assistant to the president. While liberal groups and consumer advocacy groups pushed for Obama to nominate Warren as the agency's permanent director, Warren was strongly opposed by financial institutions and by Republican members of Congress who believed Warren would be an overly zealous regulator. Reportedly convinced that Warren could not win Senate confirmation as the bureau's first director, Obama turned to former Ohio Attorney General Richard Cordray and in January 2012, over the objections of Republican Senators, appointed Cordray to the post in a recess appointment."
I'm the first guy to admit he doesn't get the Fed, but I have no reason to doubt what you say

They blame Republicans for not being able to be confirmed by the Senate that is 54 Democrats and 46 Republicans :huh:

These unelected boards and bureaus are dangerous if they do not have effective oversight from our representatives. And your quote makes it clear why. They are political. In an over-bloated government, those that have great interest in a particular board, bureau, piece of legislation, etc. focus on that to exclusion of all else and the vast majority of the rest of the government is totally unaware as are the public. So initially when they are created, there is some attention paid to them, but how about 2, 4, 10 years later? The only people paying attention are the ones that are totally nonobjective about balancing the costs and benefits. You can't create these things and leave them on autopilot, but that is about the only option we have when the representatives don't even have time to pass the bills that they are passing into law, let alone provide any effective oversight of the bureaucracies that create the actual regulations that will be imposed upon all of us.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
User avatar
SpinnerMan
hunter
 
Posts: 15883
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:24 am
Location: Joliet, IL

Re: Wealth inequality in the USA.

Postby High Sierras » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:15 am

blackduckdog2 wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:You'd rather attack her because she took some slight advantage of a dubious native American ancestry than
AKA she lied. But we know the left does not care if their politicians lie whether it is a majority pretending she is some sort of minority or anything else.

Maybe she lied. A little. Maybe not...........but compared to her willingness as just about the only person in the country willing to go toe to toe with Wall Street, your insistence on petty peccadilloes shows just how massively disingenuous you are when it comes to financial reform. You'd do ANYTHING to prevent someone in the Obama administration from achieving any sort of success in that arena (or any arena, for that matter) Just another reason why we we liberals believe you guys are such piss poor Americans

Considering what his political party, his administration, and of course folks like you, his loyal voting base, considers "success" so far, I'd also do anything to stop any more of it. You want another trillion in debt piled onto your grandchildren's tax burden? You want to punish 90% of Americans who have health insurance so the 10% who don't can have it for free? You want to curtail the 2nd amendment with all sorts of silly bans on a weapon's cosmetic appearances? You want the federal government reaching deeper and deeper into your personal life, telling you how much you will cough up each April 15th to support the democrat base? You want a spineless, clueless, community organizer who has never had any leadership skills bowing and groveling his way across the rest of the world appologizing for American exeptionalism???




Of course you do, you're a liberal. And you want all of it forced upon the rest of us, for 'our own good'.
High Sierras
hunter
 
Posts: 658
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:34 pm
Location: above the snow line most of the year

Re: Wealth inequality in the USA.

Postby SpinnerMan » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:00 am

blackduckdog2 wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:You'd rather attack her because she took some slight advantage of a dubious native American ancestry than
AKA she lied. But we know the left does not care if their politicians lie whether it is a majority pretending she is some sort of minority or anything else.

Maybe she lied. A little. Maybe not...........but compared to her willingness as just about the only person in the country willing to go toe to toe with Wall Street, your insistence on petty peccadilloes shows just how massively disingenuous you are when it comes to financial reform. You'd do ANYTHING to prevent someone in the Obama administration from achieving any sort of success in that arena (or any arena, for that matter) Just another reason why we we liberals believe you guys are such piss poor Americans
I missed this post earlier. My only response to it is Image

I'm a career public servant. You know this. The only thing I want to prevent is harm. My professional career is spent working for government to do things for the betterment of society. Petty people do not do that. I believe they have a career in art or some other career where the feel good about themselves and tell others how they are wrong, so Image

You care more about your team winning than anything else.

People that lie "a little" in order to gain personally, are not trustworthy, unless they are telling you what you want to hear and then they clearly are not lying :no:

Back to questions you refuse to answer, yet think you have answers to more complex issue.

When does government get too big and why?

What is the highest effective marginal rate anyone should have to pay? Why do liberal policies so often have insanely high effective marginal tax rates on low to middle income Americans? Is this on purpose or is it incompetence?

I could go on, but you are far too petty to think seriously about these issues because it is simply a matter of Go Team. Yeah lefties. Image
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
User avatar
SpinnerMan
hunter
 
Posts: 15883
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:24 am
Location: Joliet, IL

Re: Wealth inequality in the USA.

Postby ScaupHunter » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:53 am

blackduckdog2 wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:You'd rather attack her because she took some slight advantage of a dubious native American ancestry than
AKA she lied. But we know the left does not care if their politicians lie whether it is a majority pretending she is some sort of minority or anything else.

Maybe she lied. A little. Maybe not...........but compared to her willingness as just about the only person in the country willing to go toe to toe with Wall Street, your insistence on petty peccadilloes shows just how massively disingenuous you are when it comes to financial reform. You'd do ANYTHING to prevent someone in the Obama administration from achieving any sort of success in that arena (or any arena, for that matter) Just another reason why we we liberals believe you guys are such piss poor Americans



:lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

I live plenty close there big man. Lets meet and you can say that to my face.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
User avatar
ScaupHunter
hunter
 
Posts: 6461
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:57 am

Re: Wealth inequality in the USA.

Postby High Sierras » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:04 pm

blackduckdog2 wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:You'd rather attack her because she took some slight advantage of a dubious native American ancestry than
AKA she lied. But we know the left does not care if their politicians lie whether it is a majority pretending she is some sort of minority or anything else.



Maybe she lied. A little. Maybe not...........but compared to her willingness as just about the only person in the country willing to go toe to toe with Wall Street, your insistence on petty peccadilloes shows just how massively disingenuous you are when it comes to financial reform. You'd do ANYTHING to prevent someone in the Obama administration from achieving any sort of success in that arena (or any arena, for that matter) Just another reason why we we liberals believe you guys are such piss poor Americans

Image

But she only lied a little.
High Sierras
hunter
 
Posts: 658
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:34 pm
Location: above the snow line most of the year

Re: Wealth inequality in the USA.

Postby cartervj » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:33 pm

she looks like she has indian as part of her heritage nno!:
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
User avatar
cartervj
hunter
 
Posts: 7242
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:01 pm
Location: NW AL

Re: Wealth inequality in the USA.

Postby cartervj » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:48 pm

Faber: Fed could up QE to $1 trillion a month
By Matthew J. Belvedere | CNBC – 11 hours ago

Adam Jeffery | CNBC
Marc Faber, publisher of The Gloom, Boom & Doom Report, told CNBC on Monday that investors are asking the wrong question about when the Federal Reserve will taper its massive bond-buying program. They should be asking when the central bank will be increasing it, he argued.

"The question is not tapering. The question is at what point will they increase the asset purchases to say $150 [billion] , $200 [billion], a trillion dollars a month," Faber said in a " Squawk Box " interview.
The Fed-which is currently buying $85 billion worth of bonds every month-will hold its October meeting next week to deliberate the future of its asset purchases known as quantitative easing
.
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
User avatar
cartervj
hunter
 
Posts: 7242
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:01 pm
Location: NW AL

Re: Wealth inequality in the USA.

Postby blackduckdog2 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:04 am

ScaupHunter wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:You'd rather attack her because she took some slight advantage of a dubious native American ancestry than
AKA she lied. But we know the left does not care if their politicians lie whether it is a majority pretending she is some sort of minority or anything else.

Maybe she lied. A little. Maybe not...........but compared to her willingness as just about the only person in the country willing to go toe to toe with Wall Street, your insistence on petty peccadilloes shows just how massively disingenuous you are when it comes to financial reform. You'd do ANYTHING to prevent someone in the Obama administration from achieving any sort of success in that arena (or any arena, for that matter) Just another reason why we we liberals believe you guys are such piss poor Americans



:lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

I live plenty close there big man. Lets meet and you can say that to my face.

I just LOVE it when you call me "big man", my snooky-wooky widdle soldier boy. It's a date!
(oh hey......make sure you approach from downwind, OK? so my retriever won't rip your throat out. He HATES piss poor Americans)
"We have met the enemy, and he is us."
Walt Kelly, via Slow's avatar. Look it up
User avatar
blackduckdog2
hunter
 
Posts: 6288
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:02 am

Re: Wealth inequality in the USA.

Postby blackduckdog2 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:05 am

Inda........I rest my case
"We have met the enemy, and he is us."
Walt Kelly, via Slow's avatar. Look it up
User avatar
blackduckdog2
hunter
 
Posts: 6288
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:02 am

PreviousNext

Return to Controversial Issues Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests