You Guys hear about the glitch in the EBT cards?

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

You Guys hear about the glitch in the EBT cards?

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:19 pm

The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Re: You Guys hear about the glitch in the EBT cards?

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:05 pm

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Rat Creek » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:36 am

I do not have to go to the link to know. And you know what I am saying. People's souls and dignity stolen by do gooder politicians giving away free stuff (that others pay for). :no:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:04 am

That makes me laugh. No on is going to expect that free riding slugs are not going to go hog wild when their limit is removed on the EBT cards. They are all about the free ride. They are quite literally the greediest generation!

Here is the deal. Little EBT thieves may just have a problem if the program managers and their overseer's are honest. Every one of those purchases is tracked to each card number. Recovering the money is as simple as withholding their monthly funds until such time as the program has recovered the amount of money stolen by the individual card holder.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby Bloke » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:10 am

ScaupHunter wrote:Here is the deal. Little EBT thieves may just have a problem if the program managers and their overseer's are honest

Scaup, you know good and well nothing will happen to the greedy parasites. The Gov will make Wal-Mart reimburse the program for letting it go on. The store knew very early on that the card's limits were not working and that will be their downfall. It will be a way for the government to reward their voter base and to punish a capatalistic enterprise at the same time. :hammer: Either way these people, and I use that term loosely, make me sick. They feel that it is owed to them and will take as much as they possibly can. The sad part about it is that they truely believe they are entitled and it is completely justified in their minds. We have not seen the worst. Wait until their spawn are old enough and represent the majority, after learning everything they know from these parasites. I almost wish this shut down would last long enough for some of the entitlements to be cut off just to see the reaction of the constituents when the government lets them down.
Make sure their toe nails are wet
Bloke
hunter

Postby Bloke » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:08 pm

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/10 ... mp-fiasco/

And there you go, Wal-Mart foots the bill for the free food, which in turn means that everyone else that actually pays for their products, will be footing the bill in the form of higher prices.
Bloke
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:31 pm

Bloke wrote:And there you go, Wal-Mart foots the bill for the free food
And if they went after the thieves, they would be attacked for that and the prosecutor would probably decline to prosecute. If they stopped accepting the food stamps, they would have been criticized for that and possible risked violence to their workers.

No personal responsibility for the infantilized class. It is pathetic.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:40 pm

We don't need zombies, it is the EBT hoard that is eating us alive. :lol3:
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:47 pm

Is there a clearer example that welfare is about greed and not need?

Did any of these people "need" all they stole? :no: It was pure gluttonous greed on display.

Liberals assume the wealth have a lot because they are gluttonous, which is absurd because, with few exceptions, they would not have the discipline and self-control to do what is necessary to get wealthy. They would be chasing the freebies like this and wasting their life along the way.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby boney fingers » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:33 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:Is there a clearer example that welfare is about greed and not need?

Did any of these people "need" all they stole? :no: It was pure gluttonous greed on display.

Liberals assume the wealth have a lot because they are gluttonous, which is absurd because, with few exceptions, they would not have the discipline and self-control to do what is necessary to get wealthy. They would be chasing the freebies like this and wasting their life along the way.

As someone who accepted food stamps for a short period of time, I assure you that you are correct in almost all cases. I watched one after another able bodied persons stock up on pop, chips, smoked meats, and the most expensive cuts of meat while the hard working people came in and bought milk and hamburger. My wife flipped her lid one day when a guy in an expensive pickup bought a bunch of smoked meat and whipped out his card; she literally ripped the machine out of the wall. Anyone who thinks this is a great program, hang out at Wally world and watch what your tax dollars are going to support. Its not the wasting of tax dollars that bothers me as much as it is the realization that as a country we have lost are pride and dignity.
boney fingers
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:53 pm

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby slowshooter » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:30 am

People in Louisiana suck and have no shame.
All this for a bowl of borscht.
slowshooter
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:40 am

boney fingers wrote:Anyone who thinks this is a great program, hang out at Wally world and watch what your tax dollars are going to support.
I was at Walmart about a month or so ago. This woman ahead of me checks out. She hands over the EBT card. The computer pays for what is covered and then the clerk tells the balance. This woman pulls the larges wad of money I have ever seen in person. She peels a couple 20's off the top and tosses it back in her purse liked I'd toss change in my pocket. I'd be scared to carry that kind of cash and I'd definitely not be flashing it at Walmart. Working under the table and no taxes and welfare benefits. It's now the American way like so many corrupt countries around the world.

boney fingers wrote:Its not the wasting of tax dollars that bothers me as much as it is the realization that as a country we have lost are pride and dignity.
Agreed and I'd add the sense of being a responsible adult as opposed to a dependent child and even more the corruption that comes because so few people think defrauding the government is theft. Just look at the Clinton's donating their underwear to claim a tax deduction or all the tax cheats Obama appointed. My father-in-law took a junk TV to 3 or 4 Goodwills before he found some dumb kid at the donation area that would even take it. That's how worthless it was and I'm sure he probably put several hundred bucks worth of value on his tax return and never thought of it as theft which it plainly is.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:28 am

SpinnerMan wrote:
boney fingers wrote:Anyone who thinks this is a great program, hang out at Wally world and watch what your tax dollars are going to support.
I was at Walmart about a month or so ago. This woman ahead of me checks out. She hands over the EBT card. The computer pays for what is covered and then the clerk tells the balance. This woman pulls the larges wad of money I have ever seen in person. She peels a couple 20's off the top and tosses it back in her purse liked I'd toss change in my pocket. I'd be scared to carry that kind of cash and I'd definitely not be flashing it at Walmart. Working under the table and no taxes and welfare benefits. It's now the American way like so many corrupt countries around the world.

boney fingers wrote:Its not the wasting of tax dollars that bothers me as much as it is the realization that as a country we have lost are pride and dignity.
Agreed and I'd add the sense of being a responsible adult as opposed to a dependent child and even more the corruption that comes because so few people think defrauding the government is theft. Just look at the Clinton's donating their underwear to claim a tax deduction or all the tax cheats Obama appointed. My father-in-law took a junk TV to 3 or 4 Goodwills before he found some dumb kid at the donation area that would even take it. That's how worthless it was and I'm sure he probably put several hundred bucks worth of value on his tax return and never thought of it as theft which it plainly is.

You say that like selling drugs or sex isn't an acceptable means to earn tax free cash.
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby Andy W » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:46 am

slowshooter wrote:A lot of people in America suck and have no shame.

Fixed it for you. :thumbsup:
Andy W
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:16 am

beretta24 wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:

You say that like selling drugs or sex isn't an acceptable means to earn tax free cash.

I'm a libertarian when it comes to this. It's not the selling drugs or sex that bothers me nearly as much as the stealing from your fellow Americans by cheating on your taxes and welfare fraud.

Thou shall not steal unless sanctioned by government or by defrauding government is how all moral codes look judge right and wrong :sarcmark:
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Bill Herian » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:35 am

SpinnerMan wrote:
And if they went after the thieves, they would be attacked for that and the prosecutor would probably decline to prosecute. If they stopped accepting the food stamps, they would have been criticized for that and possible risked violence to their workers.

Are stores required to accept food stamps?

If the card doesn't get denied, can they refuse to sell the stuff? Or does the right refuse service extent to food stamps as well? There were also probably people trying to make purchases without exceeding their balance, imagine the media feeding fenzy that would ensue if these people were turned away. I'm just trying to figure out if the stores should be held accountable.

Could they have legally turned them away?
Bill Herian
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:51 am

Bill Herian wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:

If the card doesn't get denied, can they refuse to sell the stuff? Or does the right refuse service extent to food stamps as well? There were also probably people trying to make purchases without exceeding their balance, imagine the media feeding fenzy that would ensue if these people were turned away. I'm just trying to figure out if the stores should be held accountable.

If there is clearly a problem, I am sure they can temporarily stop accepting them. I would expect that they would have a duty to do so if the government was in danger of being defrauded. Can they decline completely? I have no idea.

I don't think there decision was a legal question. Look at the behavior of the people when they thought they could steal without fear of prosecution. Now how would people with this kind of moral compass have behaved if Walmart said, we are sorry, the computer has problems and you can't use your cards right now. Every cashier would have been put in danger and mistreated. Walmart made a poor decision and probably never thought about the looting that would ensue. I think they were trying to have a smooth, conflict free, resolution and failed miserably.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby JuniorPre 360 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:09 am

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
A BAD DAY AT THE MARSH BEATS A GOOD DAY AT WORK.
killwoodies101 wrote:your a dudshe bag! You dont own the river your dont own any property around it.. Its just as mush mine and any other tom **** and harry's as it is yours !! get a life share what is yours or stop hunting
JuniorPre 360
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:30 am

slowshooter wrote:People in the dole suck and have no shame.

FIFY...

It's called "The Free Schit Army" for a reason.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:35 am

Bill Herian wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:

there were procedures in place if a glitch happened. Xerox runs the system in this region, they caused the system to go offline. Wal-Mart was suppose to limit EBT cards to $50 in purchases so that each card holder could still buy enough food to feed their family for 24 hours. Wal-Mart did not follow those rules and allowed this to happen, they will eat the cost.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:37 am

JuniorPre 360 wrote:"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson

exactly! Seems most liberals overlook this famous quote.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby ScaupHunter » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:57 am

Williams says they will go after people attempting to steal. "If anybody was trying to scam the system they were not able to do so on Saturday. Even though the pictures that people see were upsetting and it was upsetting to us and very disheartening that people would try and take advantage of the system," says Williams.

Lying Bastard! These people were clearly stealing from the EBT system and he will do exactly nothing. Typical government doublespeak.

Every one of the EBT slugs that did this needs to see their day in court and time in a cell for theft.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby assateague » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:22 am

Indaswamp wrote:
Bill Herian wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:

there were procedures in place if a glitch happened. Xerox runs the system in this region, they caused the system to go offline. Wal-Mart was suppose to limit EBT cards to $50 in purchases so that each card holder could still buy enough food to feed their family for 24 hours. Wal-Mart did not follow those rules and allowed this to happen, they will eat the cost.

My bank has a policy in place that I may only withdraw $500 a day from an ATM. Let's say they screw up, and credit my account with $200,000. I run to take out as much as possible. The ATMs are broken, and let me take out $27,800. What are the chances that the bank will eat that, and not demand I pay them back?
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire

Postby Bloke » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:39 am

ScaupHunter wrote:Every one of the EBT slugs that did this needs to see their day in court and time in a cell for theft.

They are used to this and it would not be punishment for them. All it would do is cost tax payers money in court appointed attorneys with numerous continuances. Now if they would just take away the benefit that they CHOSE to take advantage of... that would be a fitting punishment along with paying for everything above and beyond what they had left as a balance. If you try to defraud a "benefit" and are caught, you should forfeit rights to ANY other government handout. At some point you have to break these leeches from sucking eggs.
Bloke
hunter

Next

Return to Controversial Issues Forum