You Guys hear about the glitch in the EBT cards?

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Re: You Guys hear about the glitch in the EBT cards?

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:48 am

Bloke wrote:
ScaupHunter wrote:Every one of the EBT slugs that did this needs to see their day in court and time in a cell for theft.

They are used to this and it would not be punishment for them. All it would do is cost tax payers money in court appointed attorneys with numerous continuances. Now if they would just take away the benefit that they CHOSE to take advantage of... that would be a fitting punishment along with paying for everything above and beyond what they had left as a balance. If you try to defraud a "benefit" and are caught, you should forfeit rights to ANY other government handout. At some point you have to break these leeches from sucking eggs.

I don't believe this is true at all. I doubt the vast majority of them have ever spent a day in jail for all their crimes. My niece's mother is a huge welfare cheat and general petty criminal. Nothing ever happens to her. She forges checks. She writes bad checks. She got WIC for kids she did not have custody of. The list goes on. She's been hauled off by the cops, but nothing ever happens.

In addition, she goes around to all these charities that give away food and hauls away car loads. She literally told one of them she had 10 children and the naive fools at the charity believed her and gave her food for 11 people, her and her 10 children, 7 fictional, and 2 that don't live with her. Every time she gets evicted, there are tons of food left wasted. This has happened numerous times since she apparently has a moral objection to paying rent, so she lies her way into a lease and then stays until they can force her out.

If you don't come from a dysfunctional place, it's hard to imagine the mindset of these welfare leeches. They are not uncommon. They feel entitled to everything that they can beg, borrow, and steal. Whatever they make if they have a job, is THEIR money and shouldn't have to be wasted on things like food or rent or even utility bills.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:13 am

assateague wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
Bill Herian wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:
Bloke wrote:And there you go, Wal-Mart foots the bill for the free food
And if they went after the thieves, they would be attacked for that and the prosecutor would probably decline to prosecute. If they stopped accepting the food stamps, they would have been criticized for that and possible risked violence to their workers.

Are stores required to accept food stamps?

If the card doesn't get denied, can they refuse to sell the stuff? Or does the right refuse service extent to food stamps as well? There were also probably people trying to make purchases without exceeding their balance, imagine the media feeding fenzy that would ensue if these people were turned away. I'm just trying to figure out if the stores should be held accountable.

Could they have legally turned them away?

there were procedures in place if a glitch happened. Xerox runs the system in this region, they caused the system to go offline. Wal-Mart was suppose to limit EBT cards to $50 in purchases so that each card holder could still buy enough food to feed their family for 24 hours. Wal-Mart did not follow those rules and allowed this to happen, they will eat the cost.

My bank has a policy in place that I may only withdraw $500 a day from an ATM. Let's say they screw up, and credit my account with $200,000. I run to take out as much as possible. The ATMs are broken, and let me take out $27,800. What are the chances that the bank will eat that, and not demand I pay them back?

Zero
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby ScaupHunter » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:26 am

I have another solution.

if you are on government assistance, call it true welfare, not SS or Medicare if you paid into it. Then you are classified as a second class citizen and are no longer allowed to vote. Once you get off welfare you can vote again as a productive citizen. way.

It would take about one turn around of the elected officials in congress and welfare would die a long over due death.

There is a reason only landowners were originally allowed to vote in this country. The fore fathers knew this wouldn't happen if they let the slugs vote themselves money.
Last edited by ScaupHunter on Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby Bloke » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:31 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:
Bloke wrote:
ScaupHunter wrote:Every one of the EBT slugs that did this needs to see their day in court and time in a cell for theft.

They are used to this and it would not be punishment for them. All it would do is cost tax payers money in court appointed attorneys with numerous continuances. Now if they would just take away the benefit that they CHOSE to take advantage of... that would be a fitting punishment along with paying for everything above and beyond what they had left as a balance. If you try to defraud a "benefit" and are caught, you should forfeit rights to ANY other government handout. At some point you have to break these leeches from sucking eggs.

I don't believe this is true at all. I doubt the vast majority of them have ever spent a day in jail for all their crimes. My niece's mother is a huge welfare cheat and general petty criminal. Nothing ever happens to her. She forges checks. She writes bad checks. She got WIC for kids she did not have custody of. The list goes on. She's been hauled off by the cops, but nothing ever happens.

In addition, she goes around to all these charities that give away food and hauls away car loads. She literally told one of them she had 10 children and the naive fools at the charity believed her and gave her food for 11 people, her and her 10 children, 7 fictional, and 2 that don't live with her. Every time she gets evicted, there are tons of food left wasted. This has happened numerous times since she apparently has a moral objection to paying rent, so she lies her way into a lease and then stays until they can force her out.

If you don't come from a dysfunctional place, it's hard to imagine the mindset of these welfare leeches. They are not uncommon. They feel entitled to everything that they can beg, borrow, and steal. Whatever they make if they have a job, is THEIR money and shouldn't have to be wasted on things like food or rent or even utility bills.

WOW.... just wow. :no:
Make sure their toe nails are wet
Bloke
hunter

Postby shoveler_shooter » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:57 pm

slowshooter wrote:People in Louisiana suck and have no shame.

Wait till a glitch occurs somewhere back east. Guarantee the same thing would happen.
UmatillaJeff wrote:By his very nature this tends to be a modest man who is loved by woman, children and dogs and well though of in all social circles.
We will call him the 10ga man
shoveler_shooter
hunter

Postby Underradar » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:28 pm

I just threw a gator turd in your direction. Look up, hippie.
My lab died, and no one on Duckhuntingchat even cared.

Google I'm feeling lucky: DU biologist stole my car

You may win a fight, but you can never win an argument.
Underradar
hunter

Postby TrapperRob » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:08 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
JuniorPre 360 wrote:"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson

exactly! Seems most liberals overlook this famous quote.

They wouldn't have voters if they didn't...
I went into the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
-Henry David Thoreau
TrapperRob
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:38 am

TrapperRob wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
JuniorPre 360 wrote:"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson

They would still have the elitist, self-proclaimed ruling class vote. They just wouldn't have any dependents to rule over. You know the ones that have chosen to sacrifice economic security for economic freedom and now have neither as should have been expected.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Bloke » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:13 am

SpinnerMan wrote:
TrapperRob wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
-Thomas Jefferson

They would still have the elitist, self-proclaimed ruling class vote. They just wouldn't have any dependents to rule over. You know the ones that have chosen to sacrifice economic security for economic freedom and now have neither as should have been expected.

Exactly, the same one's who will be asking "can't we all just get along?" when the hard working people finally get fed up and start a revolution. The same one's who will try to rewrite history once the smoke settles.
Bloke
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:38 am

Bloke wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:
TrapperRob wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
-Thomas Jefferson

Exactly, the same one's who will be asking "can't we all just get along?" when the hard working people finally get fed up and start a revolution. The same one's who will try to rewrite history once the smoke settles.

That will never happen. The only option for the hard working people is to leave. Look at Detroit, that is the path of our country. When the sucker is the person that is honest, hardworking, self-reliant, it is too late and it is too late. History just doesn't show this type of revolution as an option. When you have bought into the liberal notion that you don't need to work to get food, health care, or anything you actually need, and you reach middle age or older, you are not going to admit your life was a failure. People do not do that. It is why liberals will never admit that Detroit was a Democrat party disaster. Self-reliant people always look to see where they failed and how to prevent it. If you were robbed, sure, more police are needed, but so is better self defense because ultimately you are responsible and not other people. When you think other people are primarily responsible for your well-being, you are nothing more than a child, regardless of your age. Children will not see the error of their ways and when they are 40, there is no way to force them to grow up at that point.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Bloke » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:58 am

Maybe I should not have said start, I should have said finish. The revolution will start when the money dries up and we cannot borrow another cent. When the government no longer has the capability to hand out anything else. The leeches will start to revolt because they have no one to support them. They will start looting and rioting. The inner cities will become more of a war zone than they are now. When there is nothing left to steal or loot the leeches will start branching out, where they will find me and many others like me. People who are prepared for them. Survival of the fittest will weed them out slowly but surely. The more I see the way our country is headed, the more I wish I was in Alaska or somewhere like Mountain Men. One day maybe if I keep trying hard enough, I will convince my wife :lol3:
Bloke
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:18 am

SpinnerMan wrote:
TrapperRob wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
-Thomas Jefferson

They would still have the elitist, self-proclaimed ruling class vote. They just wouldn't have any dependents to rule over. You know the ones that have chosen to sacrifice economic freedom for economic security and now have neither as should have been expected.

FIFY...
you had them backwards my friend.
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby SpinnerMan » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:21 am

Indaswamp wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:
TrapperRob wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
-Thomas Jefferson

They would still have the elitist, self-proclaimed ruling class vote. They just wouldn't have any dependents to rule over. You know the ones that have chosen to sacrifice economic freedom for economic security and now have neither as should have been expected.

FIFY...
you had them backwards my friend.

Thanks, I had noticed that when it got quoted before :oops:

Bloke wrote:The inner cities will become more of a war zone than they are now. When there is nothing left to steal or loot the leeches will start branching out, where they will find me and many others like me.
The liberals will clamp down even tighter on them. Obama lives a few blocks from a war zone. That line will hold. They don't care about them and will do what it takes to wall themselves safely off. Granted bigger areas will look like a war zone, but they will also be cordoned off more effectively like most third world countries.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Botiz630 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:26 pm

Heard today that Louisiana is looking to strip benefits away from the folks who participated in these EBT Stampedes.
Do a barrel roll.
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby ScaupHunter » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:42 pm

I am glad to hear they are at least looking at it. Reward and consequence. Those folks need to be kicked off permanently.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby slowshooter » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:55 pm

Underradar wrote:

I bet you got that free with your EBT.
All this for a bowl of borscht.
slowshooter
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:22 am

ScaupHunter wrote:I am glad to hear they are at least looking at it. Reward and consequence. Those folks need to be kicked off permanently.

I still believe we have got to start treating criminal activity as if it is a freaking crime. These aren't children that stayed out after curfew. They are thieves. Common criminals. Not children that got caught with their hand in the cookie jar.

What laws do we care about any more?

Foreign nationals breaking our immigration laws, workplace laws, tax laws, identity theft laws, ...? Hey, those are the people we want to make Americans :thumbsup:

Lying under oath, violating the core of our justice system, and politics trump all.

Defraud your fellow tax payers by cheating on your taxes, defraud them through being a welfare cheat, ... It is the same as if you lifted their wallet and took the money, but no big deal.

We are a nearly totally corrupt society. It is sad and pathetic. Now if we can just get rid of all those radical right-wingers and replace them with likable non-judgmental types, we can be blissfully ignorant of how corrupt our society even though we cannot avoid the consequences of it.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:27 pm

Why do you think out lovely liberal socialist brothers have worked so hard to destroy religion, the American family, and anything that leads a citizen to be independant and a self thinker? They cannot fundamentally change American until the last free thinking man and woman are dead or bred out of existence.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby slowshooter » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:38 pm

ScaupHunter wrote:Why do you think out lovely liberal socialist brothers have worked so hard to destroy religion, the American family, and anything that leads a citizen to be independant and a self thinker? They cannot fundamentally change American until the last free thinking man and woman are dead or bred out of existence.

Haa haaa!!

If you want to know why the Tea Party and GOP aren't popular countrywide just read your message again. Nutty.
slowshooter
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:45 pm

slowshooter wrote:
ScaupHunter wrote:Why do you think out lovely liberal socialist brothers have worked so hard to destroy religion, the American family, and anything that leads a citizen to be independant and a self thinker? They cannot fundamentally change American until the last free thinking man and woman are dead or bred out of existence.

Haa haaa!!

If you want to know why the Tea Party and GOP aren't popular countrywide just read your message again. Nutty.

Are the Democrats popular countrywide? No. Nobody is. Foolish failure #9,123,525

But who holds the House of Representatives? Wouldn't that be a good measure of who is more popular with the people? :huh:

Who holds the most state legislatures? Wouldn't that be a good measure of who is more popular with the people? :huh:

But when you don't care how foolish your statements are, objective standards are irrelevant.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby slowshooter » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:09 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:
slowshooter wrote:

Haa haaa!!

Are the Democrats popular countrywide? No. Nobody is. Foolish failure #9,123,525

Dems are popular enough to own the white house. And the senate. And if the GOP hadn't gerrymandered the crazy coalition together, the Dems would own the house as well.

But who holds the House of Representatives? Wouldn't that be a good measure of who is more popular with the people? :huh:

No it's not, for the reasons explained above.

Who holds the most state legislatures? Wouldn't that be a good measure of who is more popular with the people? :huh:

But when you don't care how foolish your statements are, objective standards are irrelevant.

LOL. You must be talking to a mirror. :lol3:
slowshooter
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:51 pm

slowshooter wrote:And if the GOP hadn't gerrymandered the crazy coalition together, the Dems would own the house as well.
But how did they get the power to ungerrymander what the Democrats had done? :huh: Oh yeah, the Tea Party kicked their ass nationwide in 2010.

What would have happened if Obama had not sicked the IRS on to the Tea Party?

slowshooter wrote:Dems are popular enough to own the white house. And the senate.
It makes it more likely that this would not be true. That's why Obama had the IRS abuse its power. :yes: If they were so popular, they wouldn't have to have used the IRS for political advantage, would they? :no: Lying cheat. That's what Obama is. Lie upon lie to get his garbage laws in place and cheat to keep his sorry ass in office. Nixon 2.0, no doubt about it. How popular would he have been if he didn't lie? :huh:

You ignore the Governors and State Houses. Republicans have a big lead there. I'd like to be amused by your BS explanation there.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby lancej » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:28 pm

Free thinking and religion. Rarely, if ever, have I seen those two concepts portrayed by the same person.

Lance
It is the shared experiences of companionship that make loss bearable.
RIP Orion, May where you are be full of Rabbits.

when you start explaining what you're seeing, you see what you've been looking at
lancej
hunter

Postby ohioboy » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:17 pm

slowshooter wrote:
Underradar wrote:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... 98122.html

actually, slow is pretty dead on. does this mean i am a hippie? i do like sandals.
ohioboy
hunter

Postby blackduckdog2 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:06 pm

ohioboy wrote:
slowshooter wrote:
Underradar wrote:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... 98122.html

actually, slow is pretty dead on. does this mean i am a hippie? i do like sandals.

Lots of conservatives wear sandals. With socks, that's how you can tell
"We have met the enemy, and he is us."
Walt Kelly, via Slow's avatar. Look it up
blackduckdog2
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Controversial Issues Forum