10 things only idiots will ignore

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Re: 10 things only idiots will ignore

Postby beretta24 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:49 pm

I have given "reasonable consideration" to a "different point of view".


This isn't supported by providing piss poor analogies that ignore the true position of the group you seem to reject with such heavy disdain.

Boehner is an extraordinary hypocrite, and has no record to support following him. Why do it?
User avatar
beretta24
State Moderator
 
Posts: 6241
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:54 pm
Location: MN


Re: 10 things only idiots will ignore

Postby SpinnerMan » Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:59 pm

vincentpa wrote:As I've stated for the umpteenth time. Da results be da results. And d'ose results don't s'port ya.
Like your claim that that last shutdown was disastrous for the Republicans even though they netted a small gain in power in the next election. :huh:

Your so-called results boil down to your opinion on public perception.

With the Obamacare debacle, the results are that the shutdown is long forgotten just like the last shutdown was by election time. Thems are da results :thumbsup:
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
User avatar
SpinnerMan
hunter
 
Posts: 16298
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:24 am
Location: Joliet, IL

10 things only idiots will ignore

Postby vincentpa » Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:25 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:
vincentpa wrote:As I've stated for the umpteenth time. Da results be da results. And d'ose results don't s'port ya.
Like your claim that that last shutdown was disastrous for the Republicans even though they netted a small gain in power in the next election. :huh:

Your so-called results boil down to your opinion on public perception.

With the Obamacare debacle, the results are that the shutdown is long forgotten just like the last shutdown was by election time. Thems are da results :thumbsup:



Lol! That's some serious analogy there. In the last shutdown, during the last shutdown, the Republicans were on a roll. It stopped them dead. Clinton gained the upper hand and literally salvaged his presidency on it. But hey, the republicans retained control of the house. Statistics without context can be misleading in politics without the full history.

Go back and read my post about the republicans having to dig themselves out of a hole first. You're very dishonest and deceitful when you're on the wrong side of an argument. It's not the first time I've noticed this in you.

Sent from my iPhone 5, which sucks my cojones. Don't buy one.
Last edited by vincentpa on Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In a free society, it is not the obligation of the citizen to prove to the government that he is a good person. It is the obligation of the government to prove to the rest of the citizenry that the citizen is a bad person, with probable cause.
User avatar
vincentpa
hunter
 
Posts: 7742
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:50 am
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: 10 things only idiots will ignore

Postby vincentpa » Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:34 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:
vincentpa wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:
vincentpa wrote:Two groups of guys are about to enter into vehicles at opposing ends of a 10 mile straight track to play chicken.
There was no game of chicken over the defunding. It was off the table well before the shutdown. It cannot be the cause of the shutdown if it is off the table well before the shutdown.

You are talking about Version 1.0 and we were to 2.0 or 3.0 before the shutdown. You keep going back to 1.0, but that was already out dated at the time of the shutdown.

The shutdown was caused by the Senate's rejection of the House's final offer before the shutdown. It was not caused by their refusal of the initial offer nor the proffering of that initial offer.



Isn't that the point. Versions 2 and 3 don't matter after Version 1 is solidified in the minds of the American people.
It's solidified in your mind. That's for damn sure.

And what is going to be solidified. The Tea Party fighting against the Obamacare debacle. Something everybody knew was going to be a debacle. :huh:

Obama and the establishment's attempt to destroy their shared political enemy by working to solidify a false narrative in the minds of the public may as a result of the Obama administration incompetence make Ted Cruz look like a genius.


Awwwwww, are we blaming everyone else again? Is the tea party fighting or winning or hindering? Sometimes the best way to fight is to let inertia work on.

BTW, it's solidified in the minds of an overwhelming majority of Americans. And that's all that matters. You're foolishness lost. Stop crying and stop making excuses.


Sent from my iPhone 5, which sucks my cojones. Don't buy one.
In a free society, it is not the obligation of the citizen to prove to the government that he is a good person. It is the obligation of the government to prove to the rest of the citizenry that the citizen is a bad person, with probable cause.
User avatar
vincentpa
hunter
 
Posts: 7742
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:50 am
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: 10 things only idiots will ignore

Postby SpinnerMan » Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:54 pm

vincentpa wrote:Is the tea party fighting or winning or hindering?
They got big cuts in spending by putting the fear of a primary into McConnell and many others.

Who knows what they would have gotten in this round if the establishment Republicans hadn't gone after them?

Clearly they can't get anything with both the Democrats and the McCainiacs joining forces against them.

Why don't the establishment Republicans have any blame in your mind? Was going after the Tea Party a wise strategy or did it enable the debacle by solidifying in the minds of the American people something that was off the table before the shutdown started.

A better analogy is like the abusive spouse blaming the abused spouse for them abusing them. If she wouldn't say those silly things, he wouldn't have to attack her. That pathetic excuse is used all the time. And I'm sure that is why the McCainiac claim they did what they did and then gave Obama all he wanted and McConnell a few billion in to be spent in his state. How stupid was he to include this in this bill. That may doom his reelection.

vincentpa wrote:BTW, it's solidified in the minds of an overwhelming majority of Americans.

BTW, what the hell does this even mean? For how long? A week. A month. It will have zero impact on the next election. Well, maybe not. It has solidified my dislike for so many of the establishment and the need to get them out if we are really going to make the fundamental change that we need to return American to an economically and socially sustainable path.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/ted-cruz-poll-shows-gop-gained-in-fight-over-obamacare-despite-shutdown/article/2537066
– By a margin of 42 percent to 36 percent, independent voters blamed Republicans for the shutdown over Obama and the Democrats.

– In November 1995, 51 percent of voters blamed Republicans for the shutdown; only 28 percent blamed then-President Clinton

It is almost equally split between Obama and the Republicans unlike the impression you want to give. Honestly I didn't know that is where the polling was because anybody with common sense knows that something that had no impact on the vast majority is not going to be solidified with the majority of voters and it will have little effect on elections over a year away.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
User avatar
SpinnerMan
hunter
 
Posts: 16298
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:24 am
Location: Joliet, IL

Re: 10 things only idiots will ignore

Postby blackduckdog2 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:13 pm

I don't think the Republican party takes so much of a bath over this as I think it opens a new avenue of political opportunity for centrist conservatives, à la Bloomberg, for them. The country will have had it with the Dems by 2016 (although Hillary can easily reposition herself as the conservative dem she actually was born to be) but there's no way the country wants to reward the Tea Party bozos, so a Republican who lines up left of center is, magically, sitting pretty pretty. And the irony of the Tea Party helping to bring about major gun control is the stuff of legend
"We have met the enemy, and he is us."
Walt Kelly, via Slow's avatar. Look it up
User avatar
blackduckdog2
hunter
 
Posts: 6290
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:02 am

Re: 10 things only idiots will ignore

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:26 pm

blackduckdog2 wrote: And the irony of the Tea Party helping to bring about major gun control is the stuff of legend

You lost me on that...please explain exactly what you mean.
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 58100
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: 10 things only idiots will ignore

Postby blackduckdog2 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:14 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote: And the irony of the Tea Party helping to bring about major gun control is the stuff of legend

You lost me on that...please explain exactly what you mean.

Easy.......the country's tired of the party in power. What else is new? But the opposition party's dominated by a bunch of extremists that the country doesn't like any better. Enter a moderate Republican..........
"We have met the enemy, and he is us."
Walt Kelly, via Slow's avatar. Look it up
User avatar
blackduckdog2
hunter
 
Posts: 6290
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:02 am

Re: 10 things only idiots will ignore

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:16 pm

the republican party is not dominated by extremists....the party as a whole has shifted left.
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 58100
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: 10 things only idiots will ignore

Postby blackduckdog2 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:25 pm

Indaswamp wrote:the republican party is not dominated by extremists....the party as a whole has shifted left.

the TPs in the driver's seat...........and America knows it. And they don't like it
"We have met the enemy, and he is us."
Walt Kelly, via Slow's avatar. Look it up
User avatar
blackduckdog2
hunter
 
Posts: 6290
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:02 am

Re: 10 things only idiots will ignore

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:31 pm

blackduckdog2 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:the republican party is not dominated by extremists....the party as a whole has shifted left.

the TPs in the driver's seat...........and America knows it. And they don't like it

could have fooled me...
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 58100
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: 10 things only idiots will ignore

Postby blackduckdog2 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:33 pm

"We have met the enemy, and he is us."
Walt Kelly, via Slow's avatar. Look it up
User avatar
blackduckdog2
hunter
 
Posts: 6290
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:02 am

Re: 10 things only idiots will ignore

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:41 pm

The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 58100
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: 10 things only idiots will ignore

Postby blackduckdog2 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:44 pm

Indaswamp wrote:

not for the reasons you assume...

your turn to explain
"We have met the enemy, and he is us."
Walt Kelly, via Slow's avatar. Look it up
User avatar
blackduckdog2
hunter
 
Posts: 6290
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:02 am

Re: 10 things only idiots will ignore

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:48 pm

blackduckdog2 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:

not for the reasons you assume...

your turn to explain

It because they welched on their promises addressing the debt, not because they were too conservative my friend.
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 58100
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: 10 things only idiots will ignore

Postby blackduckdog2 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:51 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:

not for the reasons you assume...

your turn to explain

It because they welched on their promises addressing the debt, not because they were too conservative my friend.

That's wishful thinking, Inda.......the country's been souring on their take no prisoners tactics for quite some time now. That Gallup poll was Sept 26th..........they hadn't caved at that point. I don't think they ever caved, actually. But the country is still sick of their approach
"We have met the enemy, and he is us."
Walt Kelly, via Slow's avatar. Look it up
User avatar
blackduckdog2
hunter
 
Posts: 6290
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:02 am

Re: 10 things only idiots will ignore

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:00 pm

blackduckdog2 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:

not for the reasons you assume...

your turn to explain

It because they welched on their promises addressing the debt, not because they were too conservative my friend.

That's wishful thinking, Inda.......the country's been souring on their take no prisoners tactics for quite some time now. That Gallup poll was Sept 26th..........they hadn't caved at that point. I don't think they ever caved, actually. But the country is still sick of their approach

Oh they caved alright....back when their first debt limit vote came up.
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 58100
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: 10 things only idiots will ignore

Postby blackduckdog2 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:05 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:

not for the reasons you assume...

your turn to explain

It because they welched on their promises addressing the debt, not because they were too conservative my friend.

That's wishful thinking, Inda.......the country's been souring on their take no prisoners tactics for quite some time now. That Gallup poll was Sept 26th..........they hadn't caved at that point. I don't think they ever caved, actually. But the country is still sick of their approach

Oh they caved alright....back when their first debt limit vote came up.

You couldn't possibly believe that America sees the Tea Party as too conciliatory
"We have met the enemy, and he is us."
Walt Kelly, via Slow's avatar. Look it up
User avatar
blackduckdog2
hunter
 
Posts: 6290
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:02 am

Re: 10 things only idiots will ignore

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:05 pm

blackduckdog2 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:

not for the reasons you assume...

your turn to explain

It because they welched on their promises addressing the debt, not because they were too conservative my friend.

That's wishful thinking, Inda.......the country's been souring on their take no prisoners tactics for quite some time now. That Gallup poll was Sept 26th..........they hadn't caved at that point. I don't think they ever caved, actually. But the country is still sick of their approach

Oh they caved alright....back when their first debt limit vote came up.

You couldn't possibly believe that America sees the Tea Party as too conciliatory

I never said america, you did.
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 58100
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: 10 things only idiots will ignore

Postby blackduckdog2 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:16 pm

Indaswamp wrote:

not for the reasons you assume...

I think you kinda did..........I showed you this poll and you suggested the reasons for the Tea Party's low approval numbers were that they had caved. America sees them as incalcitrant, not conciliatory. And they're tired of it
"We have met the enemy, and he is us."
Walt Kelly, via Slow's avatar. Look it up
User avatar
blackduckdog2
hunter
 
Posts: 6290
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:02 am

Re: 10 things only idiots will ignore

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:24 pm

blackduckdog2 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:

not for the reasons you assume...

I think you kinda did..........I showed you this poll and you suggested the reasons for the Tea Party's low approval numbers were that they had caved. America sees them as incalcitrant, not conciliatory. And they're tired of it

You say that like it's a bad thing. Freedom is not free.
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 58100
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: 10 things only idiots will ignore

Postby blackduckdog2 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:33 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:

not for the reasons you assume...

I think you kinda did..........I showed you this poll and you suggested the reasons for the Tea Party's low approval numbers were that they had caved. America sees them as incalcitrant, not conciliatory. And they're tired of it

You say that like it's a bad thing. Freedom is not free.

You're all over the place here, Inda.........I'm saying that America has soured on the TP because they don't like their tactics. And that this paves the way for a moderate Republican because America always likes to switch parties after eight years of the same one
"We have met the enemy, and he is us."
Walt Kelly, via Slow's avatar. Look it up
User avatar
blackduckdog2
hunter
 
Posts: 6290
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:02 am

Re: 10 things only idiots will ignore

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:40 pm

blackduckdog2 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:

not for the reasons you assume...

I think you kinda did..........I showed you this poll and you suggested the reasons for the Tea Party's low approval numbers were that they had caved. America sees them as incalcitrant, not conciliatory. And they're tired of it

You say that like it's a bad thing. Freedom is not free.

You're all over the place here, Inda.........I'm saying that America has soured on the TP because they don't like their tactics. And that this paves the way for a moderate Republican because America always likes to switch parties after eight years of the same one

the reasons within the tea party as to why they are dissatisfied with it as opposed to those which are leveed upon it from the slanted media on the outside are very different. I believe if more people knew the truth about it, opinions would be different.
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 58100
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: 10 things only idiots will ignore

Postby blackduckdog2 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:04 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:

not for the reasons you assume...

I think you kinda did..........I showed you this poll and you suggested the reasons for the Tea Party's low approval numbers were that they had caved. America sees them as incalcitrant, not conciliatory. And they're tired of it

You say that like it's a bad thing. Freedom is not free.

You're all over the place here, Inda.........I'm saying that America has soured on the TP because they don't like their tactics. And that this paves the way for a moderate Republican because America always likes to switch parties after eight years of the same one

the reasons within the tea party as to why they are dissatisfied with it as opposed to those which are leveed upon it from the slanted media on the outside are very different. I believe if more people knew the truth about it, opinions would be different.

You DO know how much that sounds like "WE WUZ ROBBED!" right? America has seen plenty of the Tea Party's tactics, Inda. You just can't blame the umpires forever before folks start to see you as whiny
"We have met the enemy, and he is us."
Walt Kelly, via Slow's avatar. Look it up
User avatar
blackduckdog2
hunter
 
Posts: 6290
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:02 am

Re: 10 things only idiots will ignore

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:07 pm

blackduckdog2 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:

not for the reasons you assume...

I think you kinda did..........I showed you this poll and you suggested the reasons for the Tea Party's low approval numbers were that they had caved. America sees them as incalcitrant, not conciliatory. And they're tired of it

You say that like it's a bad thing. Freedom is not free.

You're all over the place here, Inda.........I'm saying that America has soured on the TP because they don't like their tactics. And that this paves the way for a moderate Republican because America always likes to switch parties after eight years of the same one

the reasons within the tea party as to why they are dissatisfied with it as opposed to those which are leveed upon it from the slanted media on the outside are very different. I believe if more people knew the truth about it, opinions would be different.

You DO know how much that sounds like "WE WUZ ROBBED!" right? America has seen plenty of the Tea Party's tactics, Inda. You just can't blame the umpires forever before folks start to see you as whiny

I'm stating facts BDD2. The Tea Party was as grass roots as it gets. They got co-opted, the rest is history.
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 58100
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

PreviousNext

Return to Controversial Issues Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests