10 things only idiots will ignore

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Re: 10 things only idiots will ignore

Postby Gunnysway » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:33 am

Last edited by Gunnysway on Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Setting up meetings between geese and God since 1992...

Gud till ära, oss till gagn...
Gunnysway
hunter

Postby blackduckdog2 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:33 am

I really like how Obama is a crony capitalist left-wing extremist when his policies benefit Wall Street, and he's a flaming Marxist redistributionist when his policies take Wall Street to task. You guys have set up a game in which nothing the guy can ever do can ever be anything but communist. And most of the country sees right through it
"We have met the enemy, and he is us."
Walt Kelly, via Slow's avatar. Look it up
blackduckdog2
hunter

Postby Gunnysway » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:35 am

Time will tell...

Gunnysway
hunter

Postby blackduckdog2 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:49 am

btw..........Democrats being pissed off because of the website being so fu**ed up is exactly what I would expect them to do. But it doesn't quite fit into the narrative around here either, does it? You know, the one where every entity in the known universe except the Tea Party mindlessly rallies behind Obama? He's taking a beating in the left wing circles over this. As well he should
blackduckdog2
hunter

Postby Gunnysway » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:56 am

I think it DOES fit the narrative here...

The law was a blunder from the get go.

The American people (including Democrat politicians) were sold a bill of goods that is clearly horse sh!t.

And this was done under his watch. Is it his fault...?

Absolutely not.

Whos fault is it...?

Now on to immigration reform... :rolleyes:

Gunnysway
hunter

Postby blackduckdog2 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:23 am

Gunnysway wrote:I think it DOES fit the narrative here...

The law was a blunder from the get go.

The American people (including Democrat politicians) were sold a bill of goods that is clearly horse sh!t.

And this was done under his watch. Is it his fault...?

Absolutely not.

Whos fault is it...?

Now on to immigration reform... :rolleyes:

I repeat, GS..........the narrative where every entity in the known universe except the Tea Party mindlessly rallies behind Obama. That narrative. The one that gets promoted day and night in here and has never been true
blackduckdog2
hunter

Postby assateague » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:33 am

I don't think it's mindlessly rallying behind Obama. But it is certainly mindless rallying behind any cause du jour of the left. Personally, I attack him because I cannot stand his policies or viewpoints. On anything. I think he is a chronic liar, an arrogant know-nothing, and an all around boob. I want him to fail, because what he stands for is the polar opposite of what I stand for. You may certainly take issue with my beliefs, but not with my attacking of him. Because that is most assuredly consistent with my own personal narrative. Whether anyone else likes what I have to say about him is unimportant when it comes to me criticizing him.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire

Postby ScaupHunter » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:04 pm

I love how people who bashed Bush to the nth degree, now complain when people who are diametrically opposed to Obama and his actions are doing the same. Your boy is an epic failure. He has failed at everything he has done as president. I can at least think of a few good things Bill did as president. I cannot think of one from Obama. Obama has earned every bit of the bashing he takes here.
Last edited by ScaupHunter on Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:06 pm

assateague wrote:I don't think it's mindlessly rallying behind Obama. But it is certainly mindless rallying behind any cause du jour of the left. Personally, I attack him because I cannot stand his policies or viewpoints. On anything. I think he is a chronic liar, an arrogant know-nothing, and an all around boob. I want him to fail, because what he stands for is the polar opposite of what I stand for. You may certainly take issue with my beliefs, but not with my attacking of him. Because that is most assuredly consistent with my own personal narrative. Whether anyone else likes what I have to say about him is unimportant when it comes to me criticizing him.

I can't compare him to boobs, I like boobs.
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby blackduckdog2 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:07 pm

ScaupHunter wrote:I love how people who bashed Bush to the nth degree, now whine when people who are diametrically opposed to Obama and his actions are doing the same.

Suck it up. Your boy is an epic failure. He has failed at everything he has done as president. I can at least think of a few good things Bill did as president. I cannot think of one from Obama.

If you're talking about me, I'll challenge you to find all of those bashing Bush to the nth degree posts, if you would be so kind
blackduckdog2
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:13 pm

I am not talking about you specifically. Though there were plenty from all parties opposed to his views.

Shall I go back and bring out 50 or so hacks on Bush about how the deficit is all Bush's fault? I am certain you and Jim will both remember making plenty of comments to that effect. There are plenty of other examples from a variety of folks here.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby blackduckdog2 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:40 pm

ScaupHunter wrote:I am not talking about you specifically. Though there were plenty from all parties opposed to his views.

Shall I go back and bring out 50 or so hacks on Bush about how the deficit is all Bush's fault? I am certain you and Jim will both remember making plenty of comments to that effect. There are plenty of other examples from a variety of folks here.

I only insist that if someone is accusing me of making certain remarks, that they back their assertions up. How anyone else feels about words being put in their mouths is for them to deal with
blackduckdog2
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:02 pm

Your memory is apparently as bad as your ethics. It is disingenous at best to try and tell someone to prove you said what you know you said.

Give me a bit of time to go back and dig them up. You and I both know you posted plenty of shots at Bush, as did the other liberals on here less than 12 months ago. If you go back a couple of years there have been plenty.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:05 pm

ScaupHunter wrote:Your memory is apparently as bad as your ethics. It is disingenous at best to try and tell someone to prove you said what you know you said.

Give me a bit of time to go back and dig them up. You and I both know you posted plenty of shots at Bush, as did the other liberals on here less than 12 months ago. If you go back a couple of years there have been plenty.

I don't recall BDD2 jumping on the bash bush bandwagon, but other liberals here sure have.
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby ScaupHunter » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:29 pm

I will go back and dig through the past posts this evening. BDD2 was not the main culprit. Slow did it a lot. Jim liked to slip it in to poke people to irritate them. Hence my earlier comment about it not being pointed at BDD2.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby blackduckdog2 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:31 pm

ScaupHunter wrote:Your memory is apparently as bad as your ethics. It is disingenous at best to try and tell someone to prove you said what you know you said.

By all means go and find them. In the interests of fairness, while you are at it, run a check on all of the Obama bashing posts, then divide that by whatever number you find reasonable to represent the disparity between conservatives and liberals ob the board (I'll trust you with the math) Finally, compare the two figures and then we'll get a real picture of who's doing the bashing of whom on the CI Forum.
And as far as your assertion that I am being disingenuous to insist that you back up your false accusations, I'll leave that to the rest of the board members to judge. Certainly one of us has trouble telling the truth, and I am more than prepared to demonstrate exactly who that is
blackduckdog2
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:32 pm

blackduckdog2 wrote:

By all means go and find them. In the interests of fairness, while you are at it, run a check on all of the Obama bashing posts, then divide that by whatever number you find reasonable to represent the disparity between conservatives and liberals ob the board (I'll trust you with the math) Finally, compare the two figures and then we'll get a real picture of who's doing the bashing of whom on the CI Forum.
And as far as your assertion that I am being disingenuous to insist that you back up your false accusations, I'll leave that to the rest of the board members to judge. Certainly one of us has trouble telling the truth, and I am more than prepared to demonstrate exactly who that is

Hey...pssst....Obama is in office right now. Let the bashing continue-he deserves it.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby blackduckdog2 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:36 pm

ScaupHunter wrote:I will go back and dig through the past posts this evening. BDD2 was not the main culprit. Slow did it a lot. Jim liked to slip it in to poke people to irritate them. Hence my earlier comment about it not being pointed at BDD2.

Now you're in full-on crawfish mode........ you just stated:

"Your memory is apparently as bad as your ethics. It is disingenous at best to try and tell someone to prove you said what you know you said.

Give me a bit of time to go back and dig them up. You and I both know you posted plenty of shots at Bush
"

and now you would like us to believe that you weren't REALLY talking about me? You backed off when Inda said that I had not done any serious Bush-bashing, and if he had not done so, you would not be backpedalling like this. Your tactics are... gee, what might the word be? Oh, I know...disingenuous. Why the hell can't you just play it straight up?
blackduckdog2
hunter

Postby blackduckdog2 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:41 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:

Hey...pssst....Obama is in office right now. Let the bashing continue-he deserves it.

That he is.....and all in all, I would say I've done as much complaining about him as I have about Bush. It tends not to get noticed, though which I suppose is natural enough. I seriously don't know a single liberal on this board (and very few in my life) who don't indulge some pretty serious Obama bashing themselves.
blackduckdog2
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:42 pm

blackduckdog2 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:

That he is.....and all in all, I would say I've done as much complaining about him as I have about Bush. It tends not to get noticed, though which I suppose is natural enough. I seriously don't know a single liberal on this board (and very few in my life) who don't indulge some pretty serious Obama bashing themselves.

we are in agreement then-he deserves it.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby blackduckdog2 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:45 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:

we are in agreement then-he deserves it.

Some of it
blackduckdog2
hunter

Postby cartervj » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:52 pm

blackduckdog2 wrote:I really like how Obama is a crony capitalist left-wing extremist when his policies benefit Wall Street, and he's a flaming Marxist redistributionist when his policies take Wall Street to task. You guys have set up a game in which nothing the guy can ever do can ever be anything but communist. And most of the country sees right through it

his money comes from Wall Street, he takes to task small business and the middle class
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
cartervj
hunter

Postby blackduckdog2 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:00 pm

cartervj wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:I really like how Obama is a crony capitalist left-wing extremist when his policies benefit Wall Street, and he's a flaming Marxist redistributionist when his policies take Wall Street to task. You guys have set up a game in which nothing the guy can ever do can ever be anything but communist. And most of the country sees right through it

his money comes from Wall Street, he takes to task small business and the middle class

First election, yes....Wall Street was totally cool with Mitt 2nd time around. And Wall Street was screaming bloody murder when he tried to hold them accountable via his own Warren Commission. Are you seriously suggesting that nothing he has done has angered the banking community? (and more telling, that the right didn't totally have the banking community's back when he did?)
blackduckdog2
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:02 pm

cartervj wrote:

That's not unique to Obama or Democrats...on either count.
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:30 pm

blackduckdog2 wrote:
cartervj wrote:

First election, yes....Wall Street was totally cool with Mitt 2nd time around. And Wall Street was screaming bloody murder when he tried to hold them accountable via his own Warren Commission. Are you seriously suggesting that nothing he has done has angered the banking community? (and more telling, that the right didn't totally have the banking community's back when he did?)

They hung Warren out to dry, she was politically expendable. He had cover. If you think he's "tough on financial reform", you are less informed than I thought you were.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Controversial Issues Forum