24 billion down the crapper

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

24 billion down the crapper

Postby slowshooter » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:15 am

24 billion dollars down the crapper so a bunch of punkass morons can convince other punkass morons that they are fight the good fight.

The only thing thing the Tea Party has delivered to the USA are photo ops of liver-lipped gas bags their very own liver lipped gas bags.

http://www.masslive.com/politics/index.ssf/2013/10/sen_elizabeth_warren_glad_gove.html
All this for a bowl of borscht.
slowshooter
hunter

Re: 24 billion down the crapper

Postby ScaupHunter » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:21 am

Slow,

You are as predictable as she is stupid. That has to be one of the dumbest assertions you have made to date.

Get back on your Midol, and stay off the computer until you are sane again. :lol3:
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby WTN10 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:31 am

I wish you were as upset over government waste all the time and not just when you can direct your ire against political foes.
2014 Season Totals:
Mallards: 243
Redheads: 114
Woodducks: 119
Grebes: 36
Blue Geese: 134
Snow Geese: 178
Hawks: 4
WTN10
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:40 am

WTN10 wrote:I wish you were as upset over government waste all the time and not just when you can direct your ire against political foes.

Glad he agrees the shutdown was a political stunt though (as the article states).
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Andy W » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:27 pm

Slow, when you get home tonight, pour yourself a glass of wine and listen to your Bee Gees records. Lets see if that mellows you out a bit.
Andy W
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:44 pm

stock market valuations are not "real" wealth......the more you know....

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby cartervj » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:40 pm

Cheaper than running the Federal government for the past 16 days, I'd call that a bargain :lol3:
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
cartervj
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:03 am

cartervj wrote:Cheaper than running the Federal government for the past 16 days, I'd call that a bargain :lol3:

Except we're giving everyone who didn't work back pay. :fingerhead:
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby cartervj » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:13 am

and giving them a raise, surely 30% of federal employees doesn't equal 24 billion for 16 days :biggrin:

if 24 billion was spent that just shows how much BS is floating around up there
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
cartervj
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:16 am

beretta24 wrote:
cartervj wrote:Cheaper than running the Federal government for the past 16 days, I'd call that a bargain :lol3:

Except we're giving everyone who didn't work back pay. :fingerhead:

Which is both BS and a big chunk of change. I need to get a federal job so I can get paid leave of absence when my bosses are a bunch of putz's. :fingerhead:
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby cartervj » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:14 pm

Well it looks like they ran up 350 Billion in debt today, guess they be making up for lost time :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
cartervj
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:09 pm

cartervj wrote:Well it looks like they ran up 350 Billion in debt today, guess they be making up for lost time :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

well, you are not far off....

Treasury Stole $328 Billion From Federal Workers (In Part)

Well well what do you know...

U.S. debt jumped a record $328 billion on Thursday, the first day the federal government was able to borrow money under the deal President Obama and Congress sealed this week.

In other words Treasury stole $328 billion from May through October, most of it from Federal worker retirement accounts (TSP holdings) and Social Security/Medicare transfers that should have happened to "make good" while the US stood at the debt ceiling.

I note that when you have a 401k or other retirement plan the holder of those funds is a fiduciary. Now I'm sure there is some fine-point legalese that allows Treasury to do this, but the fact remains that if you or I did it in the private sector we'd go to prison.

Further, the fact remains that the Federal Government was factually out of money in May, not October, and Congress did exactly nothing about your money being stolen, nor did anyone get indicted for it.

Treasury's name for this is "extraordinary measures." The common man's name for it is theft.

If I steal your car but later bring it back, it is still grand theft -- and a felony.

This sort of crap is outrageous and should be absolutely barred. Nobody holding funds for someone else should be able to steal them, even temporarily, under this sort of guise and then claim that they did nothing wrong.

http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=225202

They KNEW about this in MAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Weg » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:32 am

Indaswamp wrote:
cartervj wrote:Well it looks like they ran up 350 Billion in debt today, guess they be making up for lost time :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

well, you are not far off....

Treasury Stole $328 Billion From Federal Workers (In Part)

Well well what do you know...

U.S. debt jumped a record $328 billion on Thursday, the first day the federal government was able to borrow money under the deal President Obama and Congress sealed this week.

In other words Treasury stole $328 billion from May through October, most of it from Federal worker retirement accounts (TSP holdings) and Social Security/Medicare transfers that should have happened to "make good" while the US stood at the debt ceiling.

I note that when you have a 401k or other retirement plan the holder of those funds is a fiduciary. Now I'm sure there is some fine-point legalese that allows Treasury to do this, but the fact remains that if you or I did it in the private sector we'd go to prison.

Further, the fact remains that the Federal Government was factually out of money in May, not October, and Congress did exactly nothing about your money being stolen, nor did anyone get indicted for it.

Treasury's name for this is "extraordinary measures." The common man's name for it is theft.

If I steal your car but later bring it back, it is still grand theft -- and a felony.

This sort of crap is outrageous and should be absolutely barred. Nobody holding funds for someone else should be able to steal them, even temporarily, under this sort of guise and then claim that they did nothing wrong.

http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=225202

They KNEW about this in MAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

This isn't the first time they've stolen money out of the TSP "G" fund. During the last debt ceiling crisis in January they stopped investing in the G fund. It's "legal" because by law, once the debt ceiling is increased, they pay back into the fund plus interest, I guess an IOU is just fine for the Government.

http://www.fedsmith.com/2013/01/15/government-will-borrow-from-federal-employee-pension-fund-to-avoid-passing-debt-limit/
Weg
hunter

Return to Controversial Issues Forum