Down Syndrome Man Killed by Cops

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Re: Down Syndrome Man Killed by Cops

Postby Gabagool » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:22 am

ScaupHunter wrote:Never happen, they would have to pay college graduate wages...

Most of our city cops are bullies or kids that were bullied in High School.

This isn't 1955 where having a degree carries a premium. I agree that there should be a higher educational requirement as well as a degree that is actually relevant to the profession. Lawyers go to law school, doctors go to medical school. Neither carry nd use guns on people.

Your second statement is, sadly, another overgeneralization that were accustomed to. I tend to agree with black Betty more, but I do feel education is important and I don't think the problem stems for our cops being bullied as kids. I think that people have a power trip and don't know how to deal with it.

I like you Scaup. You funny.
Gabagool
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:06 am

How many city cops do you know? I work with a City Police Department on a regular basis. I know 6 full time city cops I grew up with, and I know another 11 reserve city police officers. Speaking about reality is no generalization it is experience.

It is good you can laugh and enjoy life. Most liberals are to busy being pissy and trying to make others live their views. The might just be hope for you yet.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby vincentpa » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:11 am

ScaupHunter wrote:How many city cops do you know? I work with a City Police Department on a regular basis. I know 6 full time city cops I grew up with, and I know another 11 reserve city police officers. Speaking about reality is no generalization it is experience.

It is good you can laugh and enjoy life. Most liberals are to busy being pissy and trying to make others live their views. The might just be hope for you yet.

They know everything. Don't you know nothing?
In a free society, it is not the obligation of the citizen to prove to the government that he is a good person. It is the obligation of the government to prove to the rest of the citizenry that the citizen is a bad person, with probable cause.
vincentpa
hunter

Postby High Sierras » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:28 pm

I wonder if the Down Syndrome guy's obama care treatment plan would have been any different. Perhaps the cops were just doing a real-time trial of the new "obama care mental health plan" intervention... :no:
High Sierras
hunter

Previous

Return to Controversial Issues Forum