Liberals

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Liberals

Postby Grossy23 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:21 pm

I have spent the last two hours debating my own mother about the government shutdown , democrats and republicans and who is to blame for it . I dare say the conversation has been an eye opener for me . It's clear to me that she blames republicans and places no blame what so ever on the democrats . Obamacare will save us all she claims . I asked at what price ? Yes , she attempted to spin the question to Medicare or Medicaid . I replied that obamacare has nothing to do with either as far as I know .
I asked her if Obamacare was worth breaking the country , her reply was yes it was . Even if that meant that your son , me , can't get a job because Obamacare may tax my future employers out of business ? Yes it is was my mothers reply .
How can you discuss this in rational terms ? Simple answer is that you can't .
Ok liberal democrats , I totally disagree with what you are doing , have done to this country . I say to the republicans let you have your way . Tax the rich who create jobs , tax those who work at a job , tax those who would try to make better of themselves by expanding their current business . Tax , tax , tax . When all the business leaves the country , who are you going to tax next ? Us ? We don't have any jobs now to tax our paycheck !
Oh and by the way if Obamacare is so good for the country how come congress won't enroll in it ? Oh that's right , they voted that that law doesn't apply to THEM ! They don't even want a part of a law that they created !
Rant over . Thanks for reading . :beer: :beer: :beer:
Grossy23
hunter

Liberals

Postby Grossy23 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:25 pm

I have spent the last two hours debating my own mother about the government shutdown , democrats and republicans and who is to blame for it . I dare say the conversation has been an eye opener for me . It's clear to me that she blames republicans and places no blame what so ever on the democrats . Obamacare will save us all she claims . I asked at what price ? Yes , she attempted to spin the question to Medicare or Medicaid . I replied that obamacare has nothing to do with either as far as I know .
I asked her if Obamacare was worth breaking the country , her reply was yes it was . Even if that meant that your son , me , can't get a job because Obamacare may tax my future employers out of business ? Yes it is was my mothers reply .
How can you discuss this in rational terms ? Simple answer is that you can't .
Ok liberal democrats , I totally disagree with what you are doing , have done to this country . I say to the republicans let you have your way . Tax the rich who create jobs , tax those who work at a job , tax those who would try to make better of themselves by expanding their current business . Tax , tax , tax . When all the business leaves the country , who are you going to tax next ? Us ? We don't have any jobs now to tax our paycheck !
Oh and by the way if Obamacare is so good for the country how come congress won't enroll in it ? Oh that's right , they voted that that law doesn't apply to THEM ! They don't even want a part of a law that they created !
Rant over . Thanks for reading . :beer: :beer: :beer:
Grossy23
hunter

Re: Liberals

Postby Grossy23 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:27 pm

Sorry I hit submit twice . My bad .
Grossy23
hunter

Postby blackduckdog2 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:52 pm

Grossy23 wrote:Sorry I hit submit twice . My bad .

I'm sorry you hit it at all.......
"We have met the enemy, and he is us."
Walt Kelly, via Slow's avatar. Look it up
blackduckdog2
hunter

Postby clampdaddy » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:29 pm

Grossy23 wrote: ......I asked her if Obamacare was worth breaking the country , her reply was yes it was .......

The argument really should have been over at that point. If you kept going, you were just beating your head against a wall.
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby assateague » Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:39 am

Yep.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire

Postby dave79 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:43 am

If obama care is so great why wasn't the president's family the first to sign up. Great leaders lead from the front and by example....
All of the dem's who supported this should have been the first wave of people to sign up. This is a cluster f**k, look alone how much it took to set up a website and it doesn't work. If all these liberals are so cocerned about the "unfortunate" why don't they give THIER money to charity to help the unfortunate. Leave the rest of us and our money, jobs and families out of it.
dave79
hunter

Postby boney fingers » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:58 am

dave79 wrote:If obama care is so great why wasn't the president's family the first to sign up. Great leaders lead from the front and by example....
All of the dem's who supported this should have been the first wave of people to sign up. This is a cluster f**k, look alone how much it took to set up a website and it doesn't work. If all these liberals are so cocerned about the "unfortunate" why don't they give THIER money to charity to help the unfortunate. Leave the rest of us and our money, jobs and families out of it.

Exactly, and those that argue "its the law of the land" are full of crap because after the bill was passed then it was changed to exempt Obamas buddies ; the current obamacare law is not the law that was passed.
boney fingers
hunter

Postby clampdaddy » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:28 am

boney fingers wrote: Exactly, and those that argue "its the law of the land" are full of crap because after the bill was passed then it was changed to exempt Obamas buddies ; the current obamacare law is not the law that was passed.

Hmmmm, I never thought of that. If it was deemed to be legal as a tax then the IRS tax code should have a list of exemptable criterion that would apply to all Americans, not just a chosen few.
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby ctdeathfrombelow » Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:19 pm

Unfortunately mothers make great liberals, because they have "feelings".
After a certain shooting in my state many Mothers became "experts" on safety simply because they have children. They would say things like "I know what it's like because I have children." And to them and other sheep it was sufficient evidence to propel their agenda of misinforming the masses. Unfortunately we've been raised to think that if a mother endorses a certain philosophy, idea, or product it must be the best choice, because they have children, so they know. But being a mom doesn't automatically make you good at it. Moms need to stick to endorsing cereal, because that's the only thing they can be generalized as being "experts" on, because "they have children".......
ctdeathfrombelow
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:06 pm

I think you summed up well Obamacare and the frustration of arguing with economically ignorant liberals.

Though the law has been modified by our imperial president, it will still be bad for 90%+ of the people, but when the useful idiots come across the one person who may benefit from it, they hail that as the example for why Obama is awesome.
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
hunter

Postby dave79 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:33 pm

Did anyone catch the begining of SNL last night?
dave79
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:58 pm

blackduckdog2 wrote:

why?
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby blackduckdog2 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:45 am

Indaswamp wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:

why?

Because mindless, repetitive republican boilerplate is just mindless, repetitive Republican boilerplate
blackduckdog2
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:33 am

blackduckdog2 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:

why?

Because mindless, repetitive republican boilerplate is just mindless, repetitive Republican boilerplate

his post was about a conversation with HIS MOTHER. It was HER RESPONSES that he is addressing. How is this in any way "Republican boilerplate"?? :huh:

You read WAY to much into it BDD2....

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby slowshooter » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:18 am

The apple may not fall far from the tree.

But it sure can fall down and hit it's head.
All this for a bowl of borscht.
slowshooter
hunter

Postby assateague » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:12 am

So your dad was a conservative, is what you're saying?
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
assateague

Postby ScaupHunter » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:37 am

Don't feel like you are alone in this. My mother turned stupid at 60. Just chalk it up to Alzheimers and learn to deal with it. Arguing with her is a waste of time. I gently remind her on a very regular basis, that since she feels free to support the system that steals money from me, I will feel free to let her depend on that system for her care when she is to old to take care of herself. She gets all offended and huffy, then tells me I have to take care of her. She doesn't want the system to have any say in her well being and doesn't trust it. I gently repeat my comment that she is going to have to depend on the system. I am simply practicing the reward and consequence training I recieved from her as a child.
Last edited by ScaupHunter on Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby High Sierras » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:59 am

Indaswamp wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:

why?

his post was about a conversation with HIS MOTHER. It was HER RESPONSES that he is addressing. How is this in any way "Republican boilerplate"?? :huh:

Unfortunately, that's pretty much par for the course with BDD2. Miscomprehension is his middle name. That, and spouting off mindless, repetitive progresive liberal boilerplate.
High Sierras
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:57 am

He is an angry liberal white man. :yes:

He mocks and fights anything a Republican does. He hammered on Bush relentlessly. He mocks and makes fun of anyone who doesn't agree with him. He cries like a little B when his boy is screwing everything up and no one is supporting him. He whines that no one is supporting his ideas and ideals.

One simple word sums BDD2 up : Hypocrite!

He like all other liberals simply cannot stand anyone standing up and saying no. There is nothing a liberal fears more than an educated, armed, free man who would rather die than submit. So long as those kind of American's exist they cannot achieve their communist ideal here. To a man liberals are all cowards. You don't see them in super high risk jobs much. You don't see many of them in military service either. A huge percentage of them on the welfare rolls so you don't see a lot of them working when it comes down to it.
Last edited by ScaupHunter on Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby assateague » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:53 pm

It is pretty damn amusing that the ideals liberals seek are pushed through coercion, legislation, or judicial threat. While the conservative ideals sought after are pushed through the individual liberty. And yet liberals cling to their self-proclaimed title of "The Enlightened Ones".
WOLVERINES

assateague

Postby blackduckdog2 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:55 am

Indaswamp wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:

why?

his post was about a conversation with HIS MOTHER.
more fool me, I suppose, for thinking that might actually lead to a more thoughtful discussion
blackduckdog2
hunter

Postby blackduckdog2 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:56 am

High Sierras wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:

why?

Unfortunately, that's pretty much par for the course with BDD2. Miscomprehension is his middle name. That, and spouting off mindless, repetitive progresive liberal boilerplate.

Do you read much William Blake?
blackduckdog2
hunter

Postby blackduckdog2 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:01 am

ScaupHunter wrote:He is an angry liberal white man. :yes:

He mocks and fights anything a Republican does. He hammered on Bush relentlessly. He mocks and makes fun of anyone who doesn't agree with him. He cries like a little B when his boy is screwing everything up and no one is supporting him. He whines that no one is supporting his ideas and ideals.

One simple word sums BDD2 up : Hypocrite!

He like all other liberals simply cannot stand anyone standing up and saying no. There is nothing a liberal fears more than an educated, armed, free man who would rather die than submit. So long as those kind of American's exist they cannot achieve their communist ideal here. To a man liberals are all cowards. You don't see them in super high risk jobs much. You don't see many of them in military service either. A huge percentage of them on the welfare rolls so you don't see a lot of them working when it comes down to it.

In late 1955 Frank O'Hara described James Dean's horrific death by car crash as

".. a million hooting blood vessels
on the eyes and in the ears
at the instant before death....."

which, as it happens, is also a pretty fair description of your average Scaup post
blackduckdog2
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:21 am

blackduckdog2 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:

why?

his post was about a conversation with HIS MOTHER.
more fool me, I suppose, for thinking that might actually lead to a more thoughtful discussion

:huh: not sure what you are trying to say.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to Controversial Issues Forum