Liberals

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Re: Liberals

Postby Me and Black Betty » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:55 am

Glimmerjim wrote:[
ScaupHunter wrote: To a man liberals are all cowards. You don't see them in super high risk jobs much.

You don't see liberals swimming after their ducks much. You don't see liberals running around a track with a horse on their back much. So, just like we use conservatives, we let the animals do the work we don't want to do. We're a little too advanced for some things an animal can do for us.

Wow. This is telling Jim. The liberals stay home and collect welfare, food stamps, cell phones, housing, healthcare, etc, while the conservatives go out to work to foot the bill. At least you can admit it. The only part you left out was the part where you kick the dog for not retrieving the duck fast enough. You probably want the dog to shoot them for you too, because you are too advanced and all.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Whoa, Black Betty BAM-BA-LAM
Me and Black Betty
hunter

Postby blackduckdog2 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:44 am

High Sierras wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:
High Sierras wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:
Grossy23 wrote:Sorry I hit submit twice . My bad .
I'm sorry you hit it at all.......
why?
Because mindless, repetitive republican boilerplate is just mindless, repetitive Republican boilerplate

his post was about a conversation with HIS MOTHER. It was HER RESPONSES that he is addressing. How is this in any way "Republican boilerplate"?? :huh:

You read WAY to much into it BDD2....

Unfortunately, that's pretty much par for the course with BDD2. Miscomprehension is his middle name. That, and spouting off mindless, repetitive progresive liberal boilerplate.
Do you read much William Blake?

Why... are you having problems with comprehending something he wrote?

Too late dude
"We have met the enemy, and he is us."
Walt Kelly, via Slow's avatar. Look it up
blackduckdog2
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:07 pm

Me and Black Betty wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:[
ScaupHunter wrote: To a man liberals are all cowards. You don't see them in super high risk jobs much.

You don't see liberals swimming after their ducks much. You don't see liberals running around a track with a horse on their back much. So, just like we use conservatives, we let the animals do the work we don't want to do. We're a little too advanced for some things an animal can do for us.

Wow. This is telling Jim. The liberals stay home and collect welfare, food stamps, cell phones, housing, healthcare, etc, while the conservatives go out to work to foot the bill. At least you can admit it. The only part you left out was the part where you kick the dog for not retrieving the duck fast enough. You probably want the dog to shoot them for you too, because you are too advanced and all.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I wasn't being serious in the least, M & BB. I hate that part of the internet. I was giving Scaup a hard time for the "cowards" remark, but I wasn't being serious even with him. I have pretty much given up attempting to be serious on most subjects anymore. But I still don't like it when Rush lollygags back with my birds! :lol3:
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby clampdaddy » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:25 pm

Glimmerjim wrote: .......But I still don't like it when Rush lollygags back with my birds! :lol3:

:lol3: :lol3: . You should see the pair of dogs I hunt with Jim. Ol' Chris and Mahr are two of the best you've ever seen. I don't even have to bring a gun out to the blind. They just go out to the other blinds and insist that the other hunters give up some of their birds for me. :lol3:
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby sampsonhuntin » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:00 pm

clampdaddy wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote: .......But I still don't like it when Rush lollygags back with my birds! :lol3:

:lol3: :lol3: . You should see the pair of dogs I hunt with Jim. Ol' Chris and Mahr are two of the best you've ever seen. I don't even have to bring a gun out to the blind. They just go out to the other blinds and insist that the other hunters give up some of their birds for me. :lol3:

I almost shot your dogs last season.
Underradar wrote:If you are gonna be a duckhunting badass, you need that barrel sticker that reads:

Prison Is My Futre

copterdoc wrote:trim, for grinding.
sampsonhuntin
hunter

Postby clampdaddy » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:46 pm

sampsonhuntin wrote:
clampdaddy wrote:

I almost shot your dogs last season.

Wouldn't bother me a bit.
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby blackduckdog2 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:53 pm

clampdaddy wrote:

Any retriever worth his salt's a thieving son-of a-bitch at heart
blackduckdog2
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:08 pm

clampdaddy wrote:

:lol3: :lol3: :thumbsup:
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby assateague » Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:41 am

blackduckdog2 wrote:
clampdaddy wrote:

This reminded me of a quote one of our drill sergeants back in Basic used to be fond of. He'd always say "Privates, if you ain't cheating, you ain't trying. And if you get caught, you ain't trying hard enough." Still remember that almost 25 years later :lol3:
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire

Postby Glimmerjim » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:58 am

assateague wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:
clampdaddy wrote:

This reminded me of a quote one of our drill sergeants back in Basic used to be fond of. He'd always say "Privates, if you ain't cheating, you ain't trying. And if you get caught, you ain't trying hard enough." Still remember that almost 25 years later :lol3:

I'll have to teach my wife to use that quote! :lol3:
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby vincentpa » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:13 am

Glimmerjim wrote:
assateague wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:
clampdaddy wrote:

She already knows it. She jus never told you. :wink:
In a free society, it is not the obligation of the citizen to prove to the government that he is a good person. It is the obligation of the government to prove to the rest of the citizenry that the citizen is a bad person, with probable cause.
vincentpa
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:53 am

vincentpa wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:
assateague wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:
clampdaddy wrote:

:lol3: You're probably right! She's still good at acting peeved when I try, though!
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby vincentpa » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:55 am

Glimmerjim wrote:
vincentpa wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:
assateague wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:
clampdaddy wrote:

:lol3: You're probably right! She's still good at acting peeved when I try, though!

I meant it the other way around. :tongue: :hi:
In a free society, it is not the obligation of the citizen to prove to the government that he is a good person. It is the obligation of the government to prove to the rest of the citizenry that the citizen is a bad person, with probable cause.
vincentpa
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:03 am

vincentpa wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:
vincentpa wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:
assateague wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:
clampdaddy wrote:

I meant it the other way around. :tongue: :hi:

I think her idea of cheating would be finding somebody else's ear to talk off. I'm all for it!
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:23 am

I constantly tell my wife that she can have a boyfriend. He just has to pay half the bills and be the one that listens when she wants to complain about something.

She gives me the look and says no way, your stuck. That and that I had better be paying attention when she is complaining.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby Grossy23 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:45 am

Mindless, repetitive republican boilerplate . Interesting observation . I've reread my original post and all replies thereafter . I was relating a conversation between my mother and myself about Obamacare and its potential of creating healthcare for all and at what cost ? In other words is Obamacare worth the effect it may have on our fragile economy ? Obviously she thinks it is , I do not . I think it to be a job killer of the highest proportion .
The other motive of my post was to express my exasperation at the attitude of liberals hence the title of the thread . I ask those who believe In Obamacare if the law is worth the possible effect of bankrupting or crippling our economy .
By the way , I'm a veteran , a registered Independant and the apple fell a long way from the tree . Have a great weekend everybody ! Opening Day 2013 has arrived ! :beer:
Grossy23
hunter

Postby blackduckdog2 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:28 am

Grossy23 wrote:Mindless, repetitive republican boilerplate . Interesting observation . I've reread my original post and all replies thereafter . I was relating a conversation between my mother and myself about Obamacare and its potential of creating healthcare for all and at what cost ? In other words is Obamacare worth the effect it may have on our fragile economy ? Obviously she thinks it is , I do not . I think it to be a job killer of the highest proportion .
The other motive of my post was to express my exasperation at the attitude of liberals hence the title of the thread . I ask those who believe In Obamacare if the law is worth the possible effect of bankrupting or crippling our economy .
By the way , I'm a veteran , a registered Independant and the apple fell a long way from the tree . Have a great weekend everybody ! Opening Day 2013 has arrived ! :beer:

That was probably a tad harsh, in all fairness, but hey...........it's a tough room. This apple fell pretty far from his father's tree as well, but we have what I think are pretty meaningful discussions, that leave us both challenging (if ever so slightly) our own thoughts and positions. The fact that you didn't even hint at any sort of give and take is what provoked my response. Maybe my conservative dad knows something I don't. Maybe your liberal mom knows something you don't.........
That's all, and sorry if it was offensive (although like I said, it's pretty much par for the course over here)
Good shooting! :beer:
blackduckdog2
hunter

Postby vincentpa » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:27 am

This is the CI Forum. If you don't call someone a dope, stupid, a moron, a fool or and idiot by noon, you don't really love them.
vincentpa
hunter

Postby Gunnysway » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:29 am

:lol3:
Setting up meetings between geese and God since 1992...

Gud till ära, oss till gagn...
Gunnysway
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:33 am

So true, in so many ways. :lol3:
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:24 am

vincentpa wrote:This is the CI Forum. If you don't call someone a dope, stupid, a moron, a fool or and idiot by noon, you don't really love them.

:lol3: :lol3:
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby blackduckdog2 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:45 am

vincentpa wrote:This is the CI Forum. If you don't call someone a dope, stupid, a moron, a fool or and idiot by noon, you don't really love them.

Although sometimes that's hard to get done before noon, given what truly stupid, moronic, foolish and idiotic dopes youse guys can actually be! :hammer: :beer: :hammer:
blackduckdog2
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:23 pm

vincentpa wrote:
ScaupHunter wrote:
Check in with Jim, he can explain to you in slow simple words that that tactic didn't work for him either.

I have to tell you. I don't see Jim ever explaining anything in slow simple words. He strikes me as a guy that tends to ramble incessantly.

The problem is, VP, I just couldn't live with myself were I to deprive the masses of even one sentence, even one word, of my clear insight and boundless wisdom. It's not always easy. Sometimes I feel that I have been unfairly saddled with an obligation, but I suppose that is part and parcel of having such attributes bestowed upon me.
Now you must excuse me. I am off to meet Thaddeus and Buffy at the country club. Don't fret. I'll be here when needed. :thumbsup:
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby cartervj » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:29 pm

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/10/25/rabbi-lapin-explains-why-youre-instinctively-pre-primed-towards-liberalism-in-a-city/

Rabbi Daniel Lapin of the American Alliance of Jews and Christians filled in on The Glenn Beck Program Friday to explain why he believes cities tend to vote Democrat, and rural areas Republican – and what it all means for the country.

After showing a county-based map of election results, which is more indicative of rural vs. urban areas than a state-based map, Lapin asked three questions:

1) Why are cities so much more liberal than the rest of the country?

2) Do cities attract citizens with socialistic leanings, or do they tend to convert people who live in them from conservative to left-leaning liberals?

3) What can be done to change this?

Rabbi Lapin guest hosts The Glenn Beck Program on TheBlaze TV. (Photo: TheBlaze TV)
In answering the first two questions, Lapin asked: “Where are people in closer contact with their neighbors — rurally, or in an apartment in Manhattan?”

Overwhelmingly the audience noted that it’s rurally, despite the fact that the houses and living spaces are much further apart.

“One of the things the city does, paradoxically, though there’s so many of us packed into a smaller space, we have less communication with our fellow citizens,” Lapin said. “When we have less communication with other citizens, automatically you replace that with more communication with institutions…Government becomes more of your communication center.”

The second reason cities tend to lean left, Lapin said, is because in a city you “lose touch with reality.”

“Conservatism is linked to reality,” he asserted. “It is based in how the world really works. Liberalism is based on how the world would be if we could wish it was something else.”

Whereas in a rural area you are connected to how the world works at its most basic level — from the phase of the moon to how food gets on the table — in a city, your “reality” becomes your monthly water bill, whether the elevator is working, and the “artificially structured” institutions around you, Lapin said.

More than that, in a city you become accustomed to relying not on yourself or your neighbors, but on the “city systems.” Who cleans the sidewalk? Who provides clean water? Who gets you from point A to point B?

“Everything is taken care of,” Lapin said, “so much so that you relinquish your independence with things like transport and security.”

“When you’re detached from reality, you’re instinctively pre-primed to move towards liberalism, that’s what happens,” Lapin asserted. “…In a city you don’t have self-reliance; you don’t have freedom; you don’t have independence. All the things that are the cornerstones, you just don’t have anymore.”
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
cartervj
hunter

Previous

Return to Controversial Issues Forum