Farm Bill and DU

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Farm Bill and DU

Postby Bloke » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:16 am

So I have been seeing that DU is pumping up the 2013 Farm Bill. I understand that this is THE major contributor to federal converation funds for them, however, it appears that there considerable "pork" inserted in the bill as well. That is the norm these days though, hide your special interests in with broad legislation. As Mitch Mcconnell did with his Kentucky dam back door ramrod in the debt ceiling negotiations. :fingerhead: Just further assurance that all of them are only out for themselves. I know there are ongoing negotiations as to how much and where the money will be allocated, but from just a brief look, I think they should scrap the whole thing. This is the revised Republican proposed revision. Would hate to see the Dems version. All 608 pages for someone to not read and pass to find out what is in it... :no:

http://agriculture.house.gov/sites/repu ... HR2642.pdf
Make sure their toe nails are wet
Bloke
hunter

Re: Farm Bill and DU

Postby ScaupHunter » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:59 am

We really need a one item per bill Amendment to our Constitution. If it isn't farm related it shouldn't be in here. Dam's for example would have to be run through under their own bill. No pork, earmarks, or attachments allowed.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby Bloke » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:35 pm

Scaup I agree, I do support conservation obviously as a hunter. I do not however support the Farm Bill because of all the other incentives attached to it. All I keep seeing from DU is "call your local congressman and tell them to support the 2013 Farm Bill. Pass it Now!" I wonder if they even know everything that is attached and whether it is good for us. I think the worst part is they could care less. I would hope they are blindly promoting it on the basis of only worrying about the Conservation $$. I would say it is risky alligning yourself to something so politically motivated.
Bloke
hunter

Postby High Sierras » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:26 pm

"2013 Farm Bill"

Sounds like it's purpose is to help farms and farmers. Something good & noble, something everyone can agree we should support.

Yet ~80% of the total money spent in the 'farm' bill is earmarked to hand out free food for the democrat voter base...to the tune of $760 Billion dollars. Another ~10% goes to pay out crop insurance. All forms of conservation gets a hair over 6%, $58 billion... mere budget dust in obamas world. A rounding error. And DU is selling their soul over a piece of the $58 billion? obama's golf clubs probably cost the taxpayers more than DU will see in conservation bucks out of the 2013 "farm" bill.
High Sierras
hunter

Postby Bloke » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:56 am

High Sierras wrote:"2013 Farm Bill"

Sounds like it's purpose is to help farms and farmers. Something good & noble, something everyone can agree we should support.

Yet ~80% of the total money spent in the 'farm' bill is earmarked to hand out free food for the democrat voter base...to the tune of $760 Billion dollars. Another ~10% goes to pay out crop insurance. All forms of conservation gets a hair over 6%, $58 billion... mere budget dust in obamas world. A rounding error. And DU is selling their soul over a piece of the $58 billion? obama's golf clubs probably cost the taxpayers more than DU will see in conservation bucks out of the 2013 "farm" bill.

Which is exactly why I was bringing it up. DU knows this and 2 seconds of searching anyone can find out the same info. So why is DU promoting it so hard? No wonder they always say they are not for hunter's rights, they are only for conservation. Most of their money comes from a liberal bill, so they cannot support anything that has to do with gun rights. I can tell you that they will not get another penny of my money. I will support Delta, NAHC, SCI, or some other hunter friendly organization. Why support someone who des not support me in return and promotes legislation that is toxic to America?
Bloke
hunter

Postby ohioboy » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:55 am

ducks vote democrat.
ohioboy
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:36 pm

Which is why I kill as many as I can every year. They are a scourge of the of America dream. :lol3:
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby dave79 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:57 pm

Did they not seperate the farm bill and food stamps. I know they were atleast trying to.
dave79
hunter

Postby Bloke » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:05 am

dave79 wrote:Did they not seperate the farm bill and food stamps. I know they were atleast trying to.

I know the Republicans proposed it but I never heard that it passed. At the current funding level of $973 Billion, and food stamps making up 80% of the budget, they are still included in the bill being voted on. They also proposed and passed a cut to the SNAP program but of course that was killed in the Senate.
Bloke
hunter

Return to Controversial Issues Forum