The World's Serious Condition

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Re: The World's Serious Condition

Postby go get the bird » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:46 am

clampdaddy wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:
clampdaddy wrote:I love to see a game in person (go Raiders!) but I can't watch sports on tv. The interaction with a crowd full of screaming fans, along with the smells, sounds, and history that hang on the air within the coliseum are what make the game enjoyable for me. Without that its like drinking a bloody Mary without the Tabasco sauce.

But if you're a real student of the game, you can actually see so much more from home, and I don't just mean instant replay. There is so much more going on in a baseball game on every pitch than the average fan ever suspects, that I often have two pages open online, plus an iPad in my lap as I watch the TV. I love the ballpark experience too, don't get me wrong, but watching from home is a whole different way to enjoy the game

I know there are guys who love the stuff. I have a cousin that will have three
televisions going, each of them set up with multiple pip's. When my mom is around, the world stops if the Steelers are on. For me televised sports is just a good way to kick off a Sunday afternoon nap. :lol3:

We have a tailgate party every Thursday & Sunday at the bar I work at. Every week, one gentleman cooks hotdogs, wings, burgers, etc. outside. We have 4 big screen tv's, typically all tuned to the same channel. I usually only go down for the food and the atmosphere. I couldn't give two chidts about who is playing.
MackieKnife wrote:The moral of the story is...I'm retarded.
go get the bird
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:20 pm

I usually come in from and early hunt and hit a party or two to say hello and eat their food. I never bother watching the game, I am usually busy joking around with the cute wives instead.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby ohioboy » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:42 pm

call me what you want, i love football. hunting is still first, unless it is the ohio state/michigan game, then i got to get in front of the tv and yell nasty things at that whore, ann arbor.
ohioboy
hunter

Postby clampdaddy » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:22 pm

ohioboy wrote:call me what you want, i love football......

I don't think anybody will call you anything for loving football. I just don't understand men getting all worked up over watching a show where a bunch of burly guys in stretchy pants chase each other around and eventually end up in a huge dog pile. :lol3:
clampdaddy
hunter

Previous

Return to Controversial Issues Forum