The: "“If you like your health plan, you can keep it" Act...

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

The: "“If you like your health plan, you can keep it" Act...

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:25 pm

Senator Ron Johnson of Wisconsin will propose a new law next week called: “If You Like Your Health Plan, You Can Keep It Act.”

“One of the most important promises made by President Obama and Democrat congressional leadership to promote the Affordable Care Act was that Americans who were satisfied with their health plans could keep them. That promise has been broken. More than a million Americans have been notified that the plans they like with the coverage they have chosen have been canceled. Millions more Americans will have the plans of their choice canceled in months to come,” says Senator Johnson in a statement.

“Americans want the freedom to choose their own plans and want to be in control of their own health care. They don’t want Obamacare destroying what they have and what they like. They don’t want their personal choices regarding their health plans and their families’ health plans canceled by Obamacare.

“The ‘If You Like Your Health Plan, You Can Keep It Act’ will amend the law to make Obamacare live up to the promises of the politicians who sold the plan to the American public. I will file the bill in the coming week and hope to garner support from fellow Senators of both parties who truly want to make sure President Obama honors his promise that every American has the freedom to keep his or her own health care plan.”

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/10/gop-proposes-new-law-if-you-like-your-health-plan-you-can-keep-it-act/
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Re: The: "“If you like your health plan, you can keep it" Ac

Postby ScaupHunter » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:27 pm

Great idea, and it will never pass. The goal is single supplier medical care with the Federal Government skimming off the biggest part of the money as a defacto tax.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:31 pm

I knew at the time it was a bogus promise. I also knew that insurance companies would be dropping coverage on millions of people. But the useful idiots argued it won't happen. Who was that guy? scientcia??? and some other guy from canada.... freaking idiots!

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:38 pm

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby cartervj » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:15 pm

We've known this and now the Libs that supported are reaping those benefits as well. They're jumping ship in droves.

The repubs should've closed the government down on spending cuts only and left Obamacare alone, it was gonna blow up on it's own. The repubs evidently are too stupid to realize the MSM will never be on their side, it's time they played the game from that angle but I doubt it will ever happen.

Daily Beast columnist Kirsten Powers, who has been an Obamacare supporter, admitted on “The Kelly File” Thursday that her insurance premiums will nearly double from $160 per month to about $300 per month if she wants to keep the same deductible.

The reality of higher premiums and the broken promise that Americans can keep their current health care plans isn’t “quite the way they sold it,” she said.

“I’m in the individual market and I got the letter, the same letter everyone’s talking about. I live in D.C., so it’s a state exchange, and I went on and I guess I can roughly get the same insurance…but it will go up from about $160 a month and a $2,500 deductible — if I want to keep a $2,500 deductible, it will go up to about $300 a month,” Powers explained.

The administration may argue that its the “young” and “healthy” who will see their premiums go up, but that’s really not “quite the way they sold it,” she added.
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
cartervj
hunter

Return to Controversial Issues Forum