Who flies this flag?

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Who flies this flag?

Postby slowshooter » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:40 pm

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/25/opinion/obeidallah-confederate-flag/index.html

People that are dumb. Or people that don't want to be citizens of the USA.

Dumb is incurable. But if you hate the USA, flights leaving the country happen every few minutes.
All this for a bowl of borscht.
User avatar
slowshooter
hunter
 
Posts: 9011
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:44 pm
Location: San Jose, CA


Re: Who flies this flag?

Postby assateague » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:24 pm

Cry me a river. You and your "Constitution is a living document" crowd are welcome to leave, as well.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
User avatar
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire
 
Posts: 21277
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:25 pm
Location: Eastern Shore, People's Republic of Maryland

Re: Who flies this flag?

Postby cartervj » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:55 pm

slowshooter wrote:http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/25/opinion/obeidallah-confederate-flag/index.html

People that are dumb. Or people that don't want to be citizens of the USA.

Dumb is incurable. But if you hate the USA, flights leaving the country happen every few minutes.



does that make the founding of this Country a problem for ya? :lol3:
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
User avatar
cartervj
hunter
 
Posts: 7304
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:01 pm
Location: NW AL

Re: Who flies this flag?

Postby clampdaddy » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:14 pm

This is just too much. After five years the left finally got a pic of a guy with a confederate flag at a tea party rally (which was also attended by a group of truckers) and now the tea party is being portrayed as a group that's chocked full of racist traitors. Give me a break. A guy has to wonder if planting a rebel flag at a rally would be as easy as planting a fainting pregnant woman at a presidential speech.
User avatar
clampdaddy
hunter
 
Posts: 3626
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 9:23 pm
Location: Where spoonies go to die

Re: Who flies this flag?

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:25 pm

clampdaddy wrote:This is just too much. After five years the left finally got a pic of a guy with a confederate flag at a tea party rally (which was also attended by a group of truckers) and now the tea party is being portrayed as a group that's chocked full of racist traitors. Give me a break. A guy has to wonder if planting a rebel flag at a rally would be as easy as planting a fainting pregnant woman at a presidential speech.

boom!
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 56815
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Who flies this flag?

Postby ScaupHunter » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:28 pm

I would have to say Slow is feeling a bit threatened by the flag. Not sure why. Lots of folks fly the rebel flag for a variety of reasons.

In the future Slow please refrain from posting article from people who don't understand that all wars are lethal.

"And yes, I know that some like to claim euphemistically the Civil War was simply a war between brothers, but it was not. It was far more lethal."

Last time I checked the definition of war would be people getting busy killing each. All warfare which makes a person dead is equally lethal for that person.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
User avatar
ScaupHunter
hunter
 
Posts: 6540
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:57 am

Re: Who flies this flag?

Postby cartervj » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:33 pm

After Breitbart News reported on Thursday an official Department of Defense (DOD) document approved the anti-Christian Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) as a trustworthy source for information on dangerous “extremist” organizations and movements, Fox News released a letter dated Oct. 18 from Secretary of the Army John M. McHugh. He begins his letter noting a string of anti-Christian presentations and says the material is “inaccurate, objectionable and otherwise inconsistent with current Army policy.”

McHugh criticized SPLC for labeling Christian ministries, public-interest groups, and other conservative organizations as extremists, adding the “groups identified in the instruction were not ‘extremist’ organizations as that term is defined in Army Regulation 600-20.”

The DOD document revealed on Thursday confirmed suspicions as to why multiple military trainers nationwide have cited traditional Christian and Tea Party groups as dangerous, and forbids military service members from supporting them or participating in their events. This official document was issued by DOD’s Defense Equal Opportunity Military Institute (DEOMI).

Now Breitbart News has exclusively obtained two additional unclassified military documents that raise additional questions. The first is a redacted letter signed Oct. 17—one day before McHugh’s letter—referencing a new “stand down” order from an Army general at Forscom (U.S. Army Forces Command), saying that “FORSCOM has directed all Equal Opportunity (EO) training be suspended until” military trainers have received updated training to change what they are currently presenting in their briefings. So an Army general in charge of military training on extremists and dangerous movements had already issued an order before McHugh.
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
User avatar
cartervj
hunter
 
Posts: 7304
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:01 pm
Location: NW AL

Re: Who flies this flag?

Postby clampdaddy » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:38 pm

ScaupHunter wrote:I would have to say Slow is feeling a bit threatened by the flag. Not sure why. Lots of folks fly the rebel flag for a variety of reasons......

Are you trying to say that flying the confederate flag could maybe, just maybe, mean that someone has a problem with the federal government imposing its will upon the people? Kinda like that mean looking snake flag that they used to fly to show their displeasure with how they were treated by the British? :huh:
User avatar
clampdaddy
hunter
 
Posts: 3626
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 9:23 pm
Location: Where spoonies go to die

Re: Who flies this flag?

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:40 pm

clampdaddy wrote:
ScaupHunter wrote:I would have to say Slow is feeling a bit threatened by the flag. Not sure why. Lots of folks fly the rebel flag for a variety of reasons......

Are you trying to say that flying the confederate flag could maybe, just maybe, mean that someone has a problem with the federal government imposing its will upon the people? Kinda like that mean looking snake flag that they used to fly to show their displeasure with how they were treated by the British? :huh:

forget that....time to fly the American flag upside down...
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 56815
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Who flies this flag?

Postby clampdaddy » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:45 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
clampdaddy wrote:
ScaupHunter wrote:I would have to say Slow is feeling a bit threatened by the flag. Not sure why. Lots of folks fly the rebel flag for a variety of reasons......

Are you trying to say that flying the confederate flag could maybe, just maybe, mean that someone has a problem with the federal government imposing its will upon the people? Kinda like that mean looking snake flag that they used to fly to show their displeasure with how they were treated by the British? :huh:

forget that....time to fly the American flag upside down...

You know Inda, I get what you're saying but that is one thing that I just can't do. Like an inverted crusafix, the sight of it makes me want to punch somebody.
User avatar
clampdaddy
hunter
 
Posts: 3626
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 9:23 pm
Location: Where spoonies go to die

Re: Who flies this flag?

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:47 pm

clampdaddy wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
clampdaddy wrote:
ScaupHunter wrote:I would have to say Slow is feeling a bit threatened by the flag. Not sure why. Lots of folks fly the rebel flag for a variety of reasons......

Are you trying to say that flying the confederate flag could maybe, just maybe, mean that someone has a problem with the federal government imposing its will upon the people? Kinda like that mean looking snake flag that they used to fly to show their displeasure with how they were treated by the British? :huh:

forget that....time to fly the American flag upside down...

You know Inda, I get what you're saying but that is one thing that I just can't do. Like an inverted crusafix, the sight of it makes me want to punch somebody.

http://www.jeffhead.com/liberty/flagdistress.htm

I believe it's time to fly it upside down....
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 56815
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Who flies this flag?

Postby clampdaddy » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:58 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
clampdaddy wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
clampdaddy wrote:
ScaupHunter wrote:I would have to say Slow is feeling a bit threatened by the flag. Not sure why. Lots of folks fly the rebel flag for a variety of reasons......

Are you trying to say that flying the confederate flag could maybe, just maybe, mean that someone has a problem with the federal government imposing its will upon the people? Kinda like that mean looking snake flag that they used to fly to show their displeasure with how they were treated by the British? :huh:

forget that....time to fly the American flag upside down...

You know Inda, I get what you're saying but that is one thing that I just can't do. Like an inverted crusafix, the sight of it makes me want to punch somebody.

http://www.jeffhead.com/liberty/flagdistress.htm

I believe it's time to fly it upside down....


I know what you mean but to me, if I see an inverted flag, it's go time. Call the cops or kick in the door, pistol drawn, and help thy neighbor. I don't want anyone kicking in my door because I'm pissed at the government.
User avatar
clampdaddy
hunter
 
Posts: 3626
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 9:23 pm
Location: Where spoonies go to die

Re: Who flies this flag?

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:59 pm

clampdaddy wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
clampdaddy wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
clampdaddy wrote:
ScaupHunter wrote:I would have to say Slow is feeling a bit threatened by the flag. Not sure why. Lots of folks fly the rebel flag for a variety of reasons......

Are you trying to say that flying the confederate flag could maybe, just maybe, mean that someone has a problem with the federal government imposing its will upon the people? Kinda like that mean looking snake flag that they used to fly to show their displeasure with how they were treated by the British? :huh:

forget that....time to fly the American flag upside down...

You know Inda, I get what you're saying but that is one thing that I just can't do. Like an inverted crusafix, the sight of it makes me want to punch somebody.

http://www.jeffhead.com/liberty/flagdistress.htm

I believe it's time to fly it upside down....


I know what you mean but to me, if I see an inverted flag, it's go time. Kick in the door, pistol drawn, and help thy neighbor. I don't want anyone kicking in my door because I'm pissed at the government.

metaphorically then....you get my point...
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 56815
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Who flies this flag?

Postby clampdaddy » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:03 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
clampdaddy wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
clampdaddy wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
clampdaddy wrote:
ScaupHunter wrote:I would have to say Slow is feeling a bit threatened by the flag. Not sure why. Lots of folks fly the rebel flag for a variety of reasons......

Are you trying to say that flying the confederate flag could maybe, just maybe, mean that someone has a problem with the federal government imposing its will upon the people? Kinda like that mean looking snake flag that they used to fly to show their displeasure with how they were treated by the British? :huh:

forget that....time to fly the American flag upside down...

You know Inda, I get what you're saying but that is one thing that I just can't do. Like an inverted crusafix, the sight of it makes me want to punch somebody.

http://www.jeffhead.com/liberty/flagdistress.htm

I believe it's time to fly it upside down....


I know what you mean but to me, if I see an inverted flag, it's go time. Kick in the door, pistol drawn, and help thy neighbor. I don't want anyone kicking in my door because I'm pissed at the government.


metaphorically then....you get my point...

Totally
User avatar
clampdaddy
hunter
 
Posts: 3626
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 9:23 pm
Location: Where spoonies go to die

Re: Who flies this flag?

Postby clampdaddy » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:59 pm

Hey Slow. I was at Walmart today and saw something that made me think of you. It was a little liquor flask emblazoned with the stars and bars and one word..........California. What the....? :huh: That is as retarded as it is historically inaccurate.
User avatar
clampdaddy
hunter
 
Posts: 3626
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 9:23 pm
Location: Where spoonies go to die

Re: Who flies this flag?

Postby beretta24 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:54 am

Not to mention the north was largely the instigator leading up to the civil war...me thinks me remember something about the north changing trade laws with europe...ring a bell slow?
User avatar
beretta24
State Moderator
 
Posts: 5723
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:54 pm
Location: MN

Re: Who flies this flag?

Postby MODuckkiller » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:16 pm

Guys he's a Californian. That in itself means his OP should not come as a surprise to anyone.
MIZ
-MODuckkiller
User avatar
MODuckkiller
hunter
 
Posts: 1596
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:54 am
Location: Missouri, Louisiana

Re: Who flies this flag?

Postby beretta24 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:21 pm

I would argue that his state has nothing to do with it. It's slow. I think most of the time he's trolls and laughs his ass off at how many people respond to his posts. I base that on the fact that he has engaged in a few exchanges with meaningful responses, but often simply posts some of the most left wing garbage on the web to get poeple going.

It's actually pretty amusing at times.
User avatar
beretta24
State Moderator
 
Posts: 5723
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:54 pm
Location: MN

Re: Who flies this flag?

Postby clampdaddy » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:08 pm

MODuckkiller wrote:Guys he's a Californian. That in itself means his OP should not come as a surprise to anyone.


I am too. So what?
User avatar
clampdaddy
hunter
 
Posts: 3626
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 9:23 pm
Location: Where spoonies go to die

Re: Who flies this flag?

Postby blackduckdog2 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:55 pm

beretta24 wrote:Not to mention the north was largely the instigator leading up to the civil war...me thinks me remember something about the north changing trade laws with europe...ring a bell slow?

I think that's sort of like rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic. It's popular amongst Southerners on here to argue that the Civil War wasn't fought over slavery, but it was........There were certainly a passle of other factors, but absent the slavery issue, I think it never happens
"We have met the enemy, and he is us."
Walt Kelly, via Slow's avatar. Look it up
User avatar
blackduckdog2
hunter
 
Posts: 6290
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:02 am

Re: Who flies this flag?

Postby beretta24 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:12 pm

blackduckdog2 wrote:
beretta24 wrote:Not to mention the north was largely the instigator leading up to the civil war...me thinks me remember something about the north changing trade laws with europe...ring a bell slow?

I think that's sort of like rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic. It's popular amongst Southerners on here to argue that the Civil War wasn't fought over slavery, but it was........There were certainly a passle of other factors, but absent the slavery issue, I think it never happens

IF there wasn't slavery, but the south was still engaged in trade with Europe that impacted the north it would have still likely happened. Did slavery enable the south to have a competetive labor advantage? Yes. However, it wasn't because of slavery specifically. Any competitive advantage by any means would have resulted in the same response. Slavery was more an pawn in my opinion, but that could be easily debated.
User avatar
beretta24
State Moderator
 
Posts: 5723
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:54 pm
Location: MN

Re: Who flies this flag?

Postby blackduckdog2 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:22 pm

beretta24 wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:
beretta24 wrote:Not to mention the north was largely the instigator leading up to the civil war...me thinks me remember something about the north changing trade laws with europe...ring a bell slow?

I think that's sort of like rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic. It's popular amongst Southerners on here to argue that the Civil War wasn't fought over slavery, but it was........There were certainly a passle of other factors, but absent the slavery issue, I think it never happens

IF there wasn't slavery, but the south was still engaged in trade with Europe that impacted the north it would have still likely happened. Did slavery enable the south to have a competetive labor advantage? Yes. However, it wasn't because of slavery specifically. Any competitive advantage by any means would have resulted in the same response. Slavery was more an pawn in my opinion, but that could be easily debated.

And it wouldn't be my sort of debate (I don't know that much about it at all, compared to even the most casual civil war buff), to which end I'm a little sorry I jumped in, but I think the enormity of the slavery issue, from a social angle, ramped up passions to the point where economic issues were beyond being dealt with. You think the states were actually going to fight a war that bloody over who had the better trade arrangements? Seems a little far fetched, although I have no doubt it was a major issue at the time. But, you know.........SLAVERY
"We have met the enemy, and he is us."
Walt Kelly, via Slow's avatar. Look it up
User avatar
blackduckdog2
hunter
 
Posts: 6290
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:02 am

Re: Who flies this flag?

Postby Einstein » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:37 pm

Let me throw this out. Being from a former confederate state, and growing up in a time long gone by, I feel I have some horse in this race. To most, not all, but some, it is a sign of their heritage; a symbol of a group of people that against all odds stood up to a government that, for all intensive purposes, oppressed them as much as a British government a century earlier. I, personally, do not fly the flag nor have stickers of it, so forth. However, I do not feel those people that do are traitors, or racist, or so on. Also, with an advanced degree in American History, I must chime in and say I do 100% agree that the civil war WAS over slavery. It did not start that way, however when Lincoln signed the Emancipation Proclamation it became over slavery. That is exactly what Lincoln wanted it to be about, as he knew the British would not intervene for Southerners if it were, as they had long abolished slavery.
Einstein says: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

Check out my build:
viewtopic.php?f=72&t=465930
User avatar
Einstein
hunter
 
Posts: 148
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:51 pm
Location: Foothills, NC

Re: Who flies this flag?

Postby beretta24 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:57 pm

Einstein wrote:Let me throw this out. Being from a former confederate state, and growing up in a time long gone by, I feel I have some horse in this race. To most, not all, but some, it is a sign of their heritage; a symbol of a group of people that against all odds stood up to a government that, for all intensive purposes, oppressed them as much as a British government a century earlier. I, personally, do not fly the flag nor have stickers of it, so forth. However, I do not feel those people that do are traitors, or racist, or so on. Also, with an advanced degree in American History, I must chime in and say I do 100% agree that the civil war WAS over slavery. It did not start that way, however when Lincoln signed the Emancipation Proclamation it became over slavery. That is exactly what Lincoln wanted it to be about, as he knew the British would not intervene for Southerners if it were, as they had long abolished slavery.


Lincoln never entertained the slavery angle until well into the war. In fact, as I recall he stated as much as he ran for office the first time. Slavery became a means to gain an edge after living through a long and bloody war. I'm not proclaiming that he condoned slavery, as he was clearly against it's expansion into the northern states, but the war didn't start over slavery. It started over money.
User avatar
beretta24
State Moderator
 
Posts: 5723
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:54 pm
Location: MN

Re: Who flies this flag?

Postby cartervj » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:46 pm

Just like Roots wasn't actually true, rewriting history seems to be all the rage. :lol3:

good post einstein and beretta24
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
User avatar
cartervj
hunter
 
Posts: 7304
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:01 pm
Location: NW AL

Next

Return to Controversial Issues Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests