Suffocated in the crib by the smarter people

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Suffocated in the crib by the smarter people

Postby slowshooter » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:31 pm

http://www.nationaljournal.com/politics/inside-the-messy-but-moneyed-republican-plan-to-neutralize-the-tea-party-20131024

Tea party retro abortion on tap.

Sleep with one eye open babies. Momma's comin' and she's bringing a pillow with her. :lol3:
All this for a bowl of borscht.
User avatar
slowshooter
hunter
 
Posts: 9019
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:44 pm
Location: San Jose, CA


Re: Suffocated in the crib by the smarter people

Postby clampdaddy » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:40 pm

Karl Rove has been trying for the better part of a year. Where've you been?
User avatar
clampdaddy
hunter
 
Posts: 3596
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 9:23 pm
Location: Where spoonies go to die

Re: Suffocated in the crib by the smarter people

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:28 pm

Told ya they were co-opted.....
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 56181
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Suffocated in the crib by the smarter people

Postby blackduckdog2 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:34 pm

Indaswamp wrote:Told ya they were co-opted.....

I don't think co-opted is the word here, Inda.........they were a wildly disparate group of Obama haters, and the fact that they were finally undercut by the crazies amongst them was fairly inevitable. Now the rank and file republicans are having a little buyer's remorse about how badly they wanted to ride that pony.
They were only mostly about the financial issues that you insist was there raison d'être......and only mostly left them very vulnerable in the long run. This should be a lesson to future would-be reformers.....
"We have met the enemy, and he is us."
Walt Kelly, via Slow's avatar. Look it up
User avatar
blackduckdog2
hunter
 
Posts: 6286
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:02 am

Re: Suffocated in the crib by the smarter people

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:49 pm

blackduckdog2 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:Told ya they were co-opted.....

I don't think co-opted is the word here, Inda.........they were a wildly disparate group of Obama haters, and the fact that they were finally undercut by the crazies amongst them was fairly inevitable. Now the rank and file republicans are having a little buyer's remorse about how badly they wanted to ride that pony.
They were only mostly about the financial issues that you insist was there raison d'être......and only mostly left them very vulnerable in the long run. This should be a lesson to future would-be reformers.....

Are you referring to the Tea Party as a whole, or the elected tea party members?
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 56181
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Suffocated in the crib by the smarter people

Postby blackduckdog2 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:59 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:Told ya they were co-opted.....

I don't think co-opted is the word here, Inda.........they were a wildly disparate group of Obama haters, and the fact that they were finally undercut by the crazies amongst them was fairly inevitable. Now the rank and file republicans are having a little buyer's remorse about how badly they wanted to ride that pony.
They were only mostly about the financial issues that you insist was there raison d'être......and only mostly left them very vulnerable in the long run. This should be a lesson to future would-be reformers.....

Are you referring to the Tea Party as a whole, or the elected tea party members?

hmmm........I think it cuts across both demographics, to tell the truth. Flawed from the beginning, but not unlike the majority of American popular movements, in that regard
"We have met the enemy, and he is us."
Walt Kelly, via Slow's avatar. Look it up
User avatar
blackduckdog2
hunter
 
Posts: 6286
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:02 am

Re: Suffocated in the crib by the smarter people

Postby boney fingers » Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:13 am

Obama comes out 5 days before the launch of his signature program and says it will be easier than buying an airline ticket online and says people will be thrilled at the savings. Mccain basically gives Obama everything he wants. Cruz fights to stop a program that is a huge disaster and waste of money and a massive infringement on privacy rights. Explain to me again who the smart people are. Its time for the RINOs to go the way of the Whigs.
boney fingers
hunter
 
Posts: 793
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:30 pm

Re: Suffocated in the crib by the smarter people

Postby assateague » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:32 am

I'm always amused at the blather directed toward the Tea Party. Out of one side of the mouth it's "they're just some little lunatic fringe element which will go away", and out of the other "let's talk about them all the time".

I sense the fear and discomfort the Tea Party brings to many. It's directly proportionate to how loudly and often they denigrate the Tea Party.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
User avatar
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire
 
Posts: 21277
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:25 pm
Location: Eastern Shore, People's Republic of Maryland

Re: Suffocated in the crib by the smarter people

Postby assateague » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:33 am

But better yet (since I have such good luck with this), here's your chance yet again, libs:

What exactly is it that the Tea Party stands for that you don't like?
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
User avatar
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire
 
Posts: 21277
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:25 pm
Location: Eastern Shore, People's Republic of Maryland

Re: Suffocated in the crib by the smarter people

Postby blackduckdog2 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:57 am

assateague wrote:But better yet (since I have such good luck with this), here's your chance yet again, libs:

What exactly is it that the Tea Party stands for that you don't like?

Answer me first how much of their complaints were valid before Obama's administration. Then tell me where the hell they were. Further, if they were so aghast at Wall Street excesses, why did they never take their protests down there? To say I do not trust their motives would be an understatement
"We have met the enemy, and he is us."
Walt Kelly, via Slow's avatar. Look it up
User avatar
blackduckdog2
hunter
 
Posts: 6286
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:02 am

Re: Suffocated in the crib by the smarter people

Postby cartervj » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:11 am

blackduckdog2 wrote:
assateague wrote:But better yet (since I have such good luck with this), here's your chance yet again, libs:

What exactly is it that the Tea Party stands for that you don't like?

Answer me first how much of their complaints were valid before Obama's administration. Then tell me where the hell they were. Further, if they were so aghast at Wall Street excesses, why did they never take their protests down there? To say I do not trust their motives would be an understatement



many were unaware of what was really happening, the timing of Obama and his incompetence cast a bright light on governmental failures
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
User avatar
cartervj
hunter
 
Posts: 7198
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:01 pm
Location: NW AL

Re: Suffocated in the crib by the smarter people

Postby blackduckdog2 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:15 am

cartervj wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:
assateague wrote:But better yet (since I have such good luck with this), here's your chance yet again, libs:

What exactly is it that the Tea Party stands for that you don't like?

Answer me first how much of their complaints were valid before Obama's administration. Then tell me where the hell they were. Further, if they were so aghast at Wall Street excesses, why did they never take their protests down there? To say I do not trust their motives would be an understatement



many were unaware of what was really happening, the timing of Obama and his incompetence cast a bright light on governmental failures

could be........I'll give you that. But color me skeptical
"We have met the enemy, and he is us."
Walt Kelly, via Slow's avatar. Look it up
User avatar
blackduckdog2
hunter
 
Posts: 6286
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:02 am

Re: Suffocated in the crib by the smarter people

Postby cartervj » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:18 am

how about these apples, very typical of MSNBC, and most other news outlets

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2013/10/23/MSNBC-s-Chris-Hayes-Uses-KKK-Image-for-Cruz-Paul-Rubio


Chris Hayes, host of MSNBC's All In, has a favorite tactic--though not an original one: connecting today's Republicans with the racist Democrats of the old South. In June, he rewrote history by casting George Wallace as a Republican--an error for which, to his credit, he later apologized. On Wednesday, he appeared to use a more subtle tactic to connect the Tea Party's Ted Cruz, Rand Paul, and Marco Rubio to the Ku Klux Klan.

HayesKKK2.jpg
HayesKKK2.jpg (105.34 KiB) Viewed 573 times
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
User avatar
cartervj
hunter
 
Posts: 7198
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:01 pm
Location: NW AL

Re: Suffocated in the crib by the smarter people

Postby cartervj » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:21 am

blackduckdog2 wrote:
cartervj wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:
assateague wrote:But better yet (since I have such good luck with this), here's your chance yet again, libs:

What exactly is it that the Tea Party stands for that you don't like?

Answer me first how much of their complaints were valid before Obama's administration. Then tell me where the hell they were. Further, if they were so aghast at Wall Street excesses, why did they never take their protests down there? To say I do not trust their motives would be an understatement



many were unaware of what was really happening, the timing of Obama and his incompetence cast a bright light on governmental failures

could be........I'll give you that. But color me skeptical


I was one, all things were good til 2006-07 then I noticed customers that once could afford most things started cutting back. Not just with me but other luxury spending too.
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
User avatar
cartervj
hunter
 
Posts: 7198
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:01 pm
Location: NW AL

Re: Suffocated in the crib by the smarter people

Postby blackduckdog2 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:23 am

I used to always rush in at this point to show equally questionable tactics from Fox or Limbaugh or whomever.........but I just really don't see the point anymore. We all understand the balkanization of the news delivery system these days. Don't we?
"We have met the enemy, and he is us."
Walt Kelly, via Slow's avatar. Look it up
User avatar
blackduckdog2
hunter
 
Posts: 6286
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:02 am

Re: Suffocated in the crib by the smarter people

Postby clampdaddy » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:52 am

blackduckdog2 wrote: .....tell me where the hell they were. Further, if they were so aghast at Wall Street excesses, why did they never take their protests down there?......

Since the conception of the Tea Party, mainstream news had taken every opportunity to paint them as anarchist hillbillies. Consorting with the scumbags in the VD infested rape camps where crapping on a police car seems ok would not have been a very tactful move. Not to mention that a big part of that crowd were college student who just didn't want to own up to their debts. Not exactly a thing the Tea Party would support. It seemed to me that the occupy movement actually had very little to do with Wall Street.
User avatar
clampdaddy
hunter
 
Posts: 3596
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 9:23 pm
Location: Where spoonies go to die

Re: Suffocated in the crib by the smarter people

Postby blackduckdog2 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:07 pm

clampdaddy wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote: .....tell me where the hell they were. Further, if they were so aghast at Wall Street excesses, why did they never take their protests down there?......

Since the conception of the Tea Party, mainstream news had taken every opportunity to paint them as anarchist hillbillies. Consorting with the scumbags in the VD infested rape camps where crapping on a police car seems ok would not have been a very tactful move. Not to mention that a big part of that crowd were college student who just didn't want to own up to their debts. Not exactly a thing the Tea Party would support. It seemed to me that the occupy movement actually had very little to do with Wall Street.

Now this is pretty telling, CD.......you get all pissed off at selective exposure you say insulted the tea party, but you're perfectly willing to indulge it against a group of people YOU don't happen to care for.You really don't see the problem here?
"We have met the enemy, and he is us."
Walt Kelly, via Slow's avatar. Look it up
User avatar
blackduckdog2
hunter
 
Posts: 6286
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:02 am

Re: Suffocated in the crib by the smarter people

Postby clampdaddy » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:15 pm

blackduckdog2 wrote:
clampdaddy wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote: .....tell me where the hell they were. Further, if they were so aghast at Wall Street excesses, why did they never take their protests down there?......

Since the conception of the Tea Party, mainstream news had taken every opportunity to paint them as anarchist hillbillies. Consorting with the scumbags in the VD infested rape camps where crapping on a police car seems ok would not have been a very tactful move. Not to mention that a big part of that crowd were college student who just didn't want to own up to their debts. Not exactly a thing the Tea Party would support. It seemed to me that the occupy movement actually had very little to do with Wall Street.

Now this is pretty telling, CD.......you get all pissed off at selective exposure you say insulted the tea party, but you're perfectly willing to indulge it against a group of people YOU don't happen to care for.You really don't see the problem here?

Those cases of rape, mobile VD clinics, video of public defication and college kids bitching about having to pay off the debts that they agreed to pay are factual. Where's the insult?
User avatar
clampdaddy
hunter
 
Posts: 3596
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 9:23 pm
Location: Where spoonies go to die

Re: Suffocated in the crib by the smarter people

Postby Indaswamp » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:20 pm

clampdaddy wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:
clampdaddy wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote: .....tell me where the hell they were. Further, if they were so aghast at Wall Street excesses, why did they never take their protests down there?......

Since the conception of the Tea Party, mainstream news had taken every opportunity to paint them as anarchist hillbillies. Consorting with the scumbags in the VD infested rape camps where crapping on a police car seems ok would not have been a very tactful move. Not to mention that a big part of that crowd were college student who just didn't want to own up to their debts. Not exactly a thing the Tea Party would support. It seemed to me that the occupy movement actually had very little to do with Wall Street.

Now this is pretty telling, CD.......you get all pissed off at selective exposure you say insulted the tea party, but you're perfectly willing to indulge it against a group of people YOU don't happen to care for.You really don't see the problem here?

Those cases of rape, mobile VD clinics, video of public defication and college kids bitching about having to pay off the debts that they agreed to pay are factual. Where's the insult?

gotta agree with clapdaddy...those instances did factually occur at occupy protests.
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 56181
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Suffocated in the crib by the smarter people

Postby blackduckdog2 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:21 pm

So that allows you to totally dismiss the entire group? Because you in no way were inclined to do so anyway, right? They were isolated instances of idiotic behavior, not at all unlike the crazies that came out of the woodwork and ended up discrediting the TP. But in your minds, the TP could do no wrong, no matter how nutty some of their adherents. Seriously, take the blinders off.
"We have met the enemy, and he is us."
Walt Kelly, via Slow's avatar. Look it up
User avatar
blackduckdog2
hunter
 
Posts: 6286
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:02 am

Re: Suffocated in the crib by the smarter people

Postby clampdaddy » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:50 pm

blackduckdog2 wrote:So that allows you to totally dismiss the entire group? Because you in no way were inclined to do so anyway, right? They were isolated instances of idiotic behavior, not at all unlike the crazies that came out of the woodwork and ended up discrediting the TP. But in your minds, the TP could do no wrong, no matter how nutty some of their adherents. Seriously, take the blinders off.

Which tea party crazies are you referring to? The one guy with a confederate flag that the media took five years to find? Come on, you're smarter than that. Makeshift shanty towns with VD clinics and "rape free zones" where the inhabitants crap in the streets....nah, that doesn't sound crazy. Riots in the streets where police cars are damaged and shipping ports where regular Americans earn their pay are shut down.....nah, that doesn't sound crazy either. But look out BDD2!!! There's a guy with a Gadsden flag and a tri-point hat coming to get you!!! Well, he's not going to hurt anybody or anybody's property, but he's crazy!!!!!
User avatar
clampdaddy
hunter
 
Posts: 3596
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 9:23 pm
Location: Where spoonies go to die

Re: Suffocated in the crib by the smarter people

Postby Indaswamp » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:55 pm

blackduckdog2 wrote:So that allows you to totally dismiss the entire group? Because you in no way were inclined to do so anyway, right? They were isolated instances of idiotic behavior, not at all unlike the crazies that came out of the woodwork and ended up discrediting the TP. But in your minds, the TP could do no wrong, no matter how nutty some of their adherents. Seriously, take the blinders off.

pot, meet kettle.....
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 56181
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Suffocated in the crib by the smarter people

Postby blackduckdog2 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:13 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:So that allows you to totally dismiss the entire group? Because you in no way were inclined to do so anyway, right? They were isolated instances of idiotic behavior, not at all unlike the crazies that came out of the woodwork and ended up discrediting the TP. But in your minds, the TP could do no wrong, no matter how nutty some of their adherents. Seriously, take the blinders off.

pot, meet kettle.....

That's exactly what I'm saying here, Inda.........if you're gonna whine about one group being maligned and dismissed because of what you view as fringe elements then you're going to have to extend equal consideration to the other, aren't you?
"We have met the enemy, and he is us."
Walt Kelly, via Slow's avatar. Look it up
User avatar
blackduckdog2
hunter
 
Posts: 6286
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:02 am

Re: Suffocated in the crib by the smarter people

Postby assateague » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:18 pm

blackduckdog2 wrote:
assateague wrote:But better yet (since I have such good luck with this), here's your chance yet again, libs:

What exactly is it that the Tea Party stands for that you don't like?

Answer me first how much of their complaints were valid before Obama's administration. Then tell me where the hell they were. Further, if they were so aghast at Wall Street excesses, why did they never take their protests down there? To say I do not trust their motives would be an understatement



About half. No idea where they were. And who says they are "aghast at Wall Street excesses"? I don't give a crap how much money someone makes, as long as it's legal. Rather than bitch at Wall Street, perhaps they bitch at the government who is supposed to know better, yet is in bed with them. The Tea Party is an anti- big government movement. Don't confuse it with the "I'm jealous of what someone else has" OWS movement.

There, answered.

Now back to you, or any others who would care to take a stab:

What is it that the Tea Party stands for that so irritates liberals?

All the bitching you all do about them, this should be second nature to list your grievances with their platform.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
User avatar
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire
 
Posts: 21277
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:25 pm
Location: Eastern Shore, People's Republic of Maryland

Re: Suffocated in the crib by the smarter people

Postby Indaswamp » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:33 pm

blackduckdog2 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:So that allows you to totally dismiss the entire group? Because you in no way were inclined to do so anyway, right? They were isolated instances of idiotic behavior, not at all unlike the crazies that came out of the woodwork and ended up discrediting the TP. But in your minds, the TP could do no wrong, no matter how nutty some of their adherents. Seriously, take the blinders off.

pot, meet kettle.....

That's exactly what I'm saying here, Inda.........if you're gonna whine about one group being maligned and dismissed because of what you view as fringe elements then you're going to have to extend equal consideration to the other, aren't you?

I'm not the one bitching about the tea party or the occupy movement here BDD2.
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 56181
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Next

Return to Controversial Issues Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests