Will Obamacare follow letter of law or not?

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Re: Will Obamacare follow letter of law or not?

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:56 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:BTW, Obama doesn't care about the law or the truth.

For the liberals, this is NBC, the network affiliated with MSNBC. This is NOT Fox News. This is part of team Obama.
http://investigations.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/10/28/21213547-obama-admin-knew-millions-could-not-keep-their-health-insurance?lite

Buried in Obamacare regulations from July 2010 is an estimate that because of normal turnover in the individual insurance market, “40 to 67 percent” of customers will not be able to keep their policy. And because many policies will have been changed since the key date, “the percentage of individual market policies losing grandfather status in a given year exceeds the 40 to 67 percent range.”

That means the administration knew that more than 40 to 67 percent of those in the individual market would not be able to keep their plans, even if they liked them.

Yet President Obama, who had promised in 2009, “if you like your health plan, you will be able to keep your health plan,” was still saying in 2012, “If [you] already have health insurance, you will keep your health insurance.”

“This says that when they made the promise, they knew half the people in this market outright couldn’t keep what they had and then they wrote the rules so that others couldn’t make it either,” said Robert Laszewski, of Health Policy and Strategy Associates, a consultant who works for health industry firms. Laszewski estimates that 80 percent of those in the individual market will not be able to keep their current policies and will have to buy insurance that meets requirements of the new law, which generally requires a richer package of benefits than most policies today.

But I will be happy to conceed that Obama and his administration are too Image stupid to be liars.

Of course, the evil Republicans will refuse to help them fix the idiotic law they rammed through in a highly dubious way even after a Republican won in Massachusetts with a key part of his campaign being to stop this law.

Yup! But I will not be as charitable as you spinnerman, he Image lied about it and he knew it was a lie when he said it. One in a LONG line of intentional lies from this president. Personally, I firmly believe that this intentional fustercluck is a stepping stone to single payor.
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby cartervj » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:39 pm

Glad the MSM has been all over this since day 1 :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

http://investigations.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/10/28/21213547-obama-admin-knew-millions-could-not-keep-their-health-insurance#comments

By Lisa Myers and Hannah Rappleye
NBC News
President Obama repeatedly assured Americans that after the Affordable Care Act became law, people who liked their health insurance would be able to keep it. But millions of Americans are getting or are about to get cancellation letters for their health insurance under Obamacare, say experts, and the Obama administration has known that for at least three years.
Four sources deeply involved in the Affordable Care Act tell NBC NEWS that 50 to 75 percent of the 14 million consumers who buy their insurance individually can expect to receive a “cancellation” letter or the equivalent over the next year because their existing policies don’t meet the standards mandated by the new health care law. One expert predicts that number could reach as high as 80 percent. And all say that many of those forced to buy pricier new policies will experience “sticker shock.”

None of this should come as a shock to the Obama administration. The law states that policies in effect as of March 23, 2010 will be “grandfathered,” meaning consumers can keep those policies even though they don’t meet requirements of the new health care law. But the Department of Health and Human Services then wrote regulations that narrowed that provision, by saying that if any part of a policy was significantly changed since that date -- the deductible, co-pay, or benefits, for example -- the policy would not be grandfathered.

Follow @NBCInvestigates
Buried in Obamacare regulations from July 2010 is an estimate that because of normal turnover in the individual insurance market, “40 to 67 percent” of customers will not be able to keep their policy. And because many policies will have been changed since the key date, “the percentage of individual market policies losing grandfather status in a given year exceeds the 40 to 67 percent range.”
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
cartervj
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:16 pm

nearly 1.5 million cancellations have gone out so far....

Oh, and NOW Obama admits, Some will loose their insurance. :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:22 pm

But it's not just "some people"...
Four sources deeply involved in the Affordable Care Act tell NBC NEWS that 50 to 75 percent of the 14 million consumers who buy their insurance individually can expect to receive a “cancellation” letter or the equivalent over the next year because their existing policies don’t meet the standards mandated by the new health care law. One expert predicts that number could reach as high as 80 percent. And all say that many of those forced to buy pricier new policies will experience “sticker shock.”

He Image KNEW about it! And he LIED about it.

I told this forum this would happen, but the apologist claimed it was an exaggeration and hyperbole. How you like it now? Freakin useful idiots! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby blackduckdog2 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:24 pm

Indaswamp wrote:nearly 1.5 million cancellations have gone out so far....

Oh, and NOW Obama admits, Some will loose their insurance. :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

Now's a good time to say it........"LOOSE" is what your pattern gets when you're sky busting. "LOSE" is what happens when you come up against the Boston Red Sox in the World Series. Mom was an English teacher's guys.........show some respect :fingerpt: :fingerpt:
"We have met the enemy, and he is us."
Walt Kelly, via Slow's avatar. Look it up
blackduckdog2
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:27 pm

blackduckdog2 wrote:

Now's a good time to say it........"LOOSE" is what your pattern gets when you're sky busting. "LOSE" is what happens when you come up against the Boston Red Sox in the World Series. Mom was an English teacher's guys.........show some respect :fingerpt: :fingerpt:

So no comment on the 1.5 million that have lost their insurance, with another 7 to 9 million more to go?

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby clampdaddy » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:31 pm

blackduckdog2 wrote:

Teach! lol3:
Last edited by clampdaddy on Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:32 pm

clampdaddy wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:

Teach! :lol3:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: rocks and glass houses and all that.... :wink:

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby blackduckdog2 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:33 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:

So no comment on the 1.5 million that have lost their insurance, with another 7 to 9 million more to go?

Sorry....in the future I will refrain from making light while you're all Obama bashing. My bad
blackduckdog2
hunter

Postby blackduckdog2 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:37 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
clampdaddy wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:

Teach! :lol3:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: rocks and glass houses and all that.... :wink:

Yeah but I'm drunk because I'm a good American who's watching the World Series (which is stressful beyond belief)!, plus it was a typo that my computer decided with some weird iteration of spellchecker. But how come over the last year or so everyone misspells or misuses the "loose" word? :huh: :huh: Seriously, this didn't used to happen and I wasn't picking on you Inda.......it's a whole cultural thang like nukular
blackduckdog2
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:38 pm

blackduckdog2 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:

Sorry....in the future I will refrain from making light while you're all Obama bashing. My bad

This is Obamacare bashing along with that lying sack of schit. You can't really believe he did not know about this.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:41 pm

...and screw the world series too!!!! :sarcmark:

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby blackduckdog2 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:43 pm

You mad, bro?
blackduckdog2
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:45 pm

blackduckdog2 wrote:You mad, bro?

Hell yes I'm mad.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:50 pm

I'm mad because EVERYTHING that I said would happen with this fustercluck is happening. This is very bad regulation and very bad for america. The problem is exploding medical costs, not access to insurance! This just forces people to pay the outrageous prices and gives them No other options. Instead or addressing the real problem which is that health care as percentage of its GDP (17.2%) as of 2011 (it's more today). What The Flock! :mad: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: Creating a Cartel for the Insurance companies is most certainly NOT the solution. Raping the young with price is NOT the solution!

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby blackduckdog2 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:58 pm

No it's not.........my insurance is great
blackduckdog2
hunter

Postby blackduckdog2 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:02 pm

And so's the insurance of everyone I know.......I know poor folks and sorta rich folks. They're OK by the ACA. So until the sky falls, I'm just gonna assume you got this one wrong
blackduckdog2
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:04 pm

blackduckdog2 wrote:No it's not.........my insurance is great

because YOU are in the block of insurees that had age pricing REDUCED! :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

The law changed the age pricing to lower it for those 50-60 and raised it on those younger than 40. a vast majority of people will get screwed. Oh, and once you pass 60, those prices go parabolic until 65, so your screw job is coming my friend.....

You have not read the law have you? :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:
Trust me, you will "find out what's in it." :hi:

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:20 pm

But I bet that you will not have to wait that long BDD2. When all the healthy young people that the pricing models are predicated on do not show up (they won't), your insurance rates will increase dramatically to reflect this. The money has got to come from somewhere, and if they can't rape the young, that leaves you. Don't complain when that happens my friend.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby blackduckdog2 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:24 pm

Indaswamp wrote:But I bet that you will not have to wait that long BDD2. When all the healthy young people that the pricing models are predicated on do not show up (they won't), your insurance rates will increase dramatically to reflect this. The money has got to come from somewhere, and if they can't rape the young, that leaves you. Don't complain when that happens my friend.

If that happens I'll say I was wrong. What if it doesn't?
blackduckdog2
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:28 pm

blackduckdog2 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:But I bet that you will not have to wait that long BDD2. When all the healthy young people that the pricing models are predicated on do not show up (they won't), your insurance rates will increase dramatically to reflect this. The money has got to come from somewhere, and if they can't rape the young, that leaves you. Don't complain when that happens my friend.

If that happens I'll say I was wrong. What if it doesn't?

human nature says I'm right....

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby assateague » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:30 pm

You've been wrong at least three times in this thread alone. I admire you for trying, but your avoidance of just how bad this is is getting ridiculous. If you don't want to face it, fine. But be aware that when you have absolutely nothing of substance and resort to "you all carry on with your Obama bashing", everyone can see right through it. It's pathetic, and you can do better than that.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:31 pm

and the funny thing BDD2 is-you think all the people that were sold that this was free healthcare will now pay out the nose for it! :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: Pardon my laughing my friend, but that is funny!

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby blackduckdog2 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:36 pm

assateague wrote:You've been wrong at least three times in this thread alone. I admire you for trying, but your avoidance of just how bad this is is getting ridiculous. If you don't want to face it, fine. But be aware that when you have absolutely nothing of substance and resort to "you all carry on with your Obama bashing", everyone can see right through it. It's pathetic, and you can do better than that.

Well, you folks all sure do seem to have some seriously grade-A X-Ray vision. The interesting thing is that if it isn't the end of the world like you all are so invested in (you HAVE noted a predilection amongst yourselves for an apocalyptic predisposition, haven't you?) you will never be able to admit it. I will.....if I'm wrong, I'll admit it. But I know you never will
blackduckdog2
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:42 pm

blackduckdog2 wrote:
assateague wrote:You've been wrong at least three times in this thread alone. I admire you for trying, but your avoidance of just how bad this is is getting ridiculous. If you don't want to face it, fine. But be aware that when you have absolutely nothing of substance and resort to "you all carry on with your Obama bashing", everyone can see right through it. It's pathetic, and you can do better than that.

Well, you folks all sure do seem to have some seriously grade-A X-Ray vision. The interesting thing is that if it isn't the end of the world like you all are so invested in (you HAVE noted a predilection amongst yourselves for an apocalyptic predisposition, haven't you?) you will never be able to admit it. I will.....if I'm wrong, I'll admit it. But I know you never will

I said prices will necessarily rise for the large majority of people, they have.
I said this will screw the young and is a wealth transfer-it is, X2.
I said they will add abortion back in-they did.
I called Obama a liar when he floated that "everyone will save $2500 dollars on their health care" BS, and he has proven me correct.

I said it's the growth curve in medical pricing growing on average 9% per year and outstripping GDP (roughly 18% of GDP).AND I"M RIGHT! If pricing is fixed, a lot of people could still pay cash for a lot of their care-AND I'M CORRECT.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Controversial Issues Forum