Will Obamacare follow letter of law or not?

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Re: Will Obamacare follow letter of law or not?

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:51 pm

...I also said they will restrict your doctor, and they are.

BTW-did you know that deep down in that massive pile of crap of a bill that they changed the zoning to counties/parishes? Oh, and guess what-there is no out of network coverage. That's right, you heard me. If something happens while you are on vacation to Aunt

May's 3 states over, you pay out of pocket. Oops, how many of you knew this fact? Feel free to check this out for yourselves, it is written in the law.
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby blackduckdog2 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:03 pm

me and my doctor's still good
"We have met the enemy, and he is us."
Walt Kelly, via Slow's avatar. Look it up
blackduckdog2
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:06 pm

from the liberal Huffington post no less....
1. What happens if not enough people enroll?

As with any insurance program, people will pay for coverage under Obamacare and end up not using it. Healthy or safe policyholders in an insurance pool help subsidize all of the insured. That's how insurance works. In the case of Obamacare, the success of the fledgling program will be heavily reliant on younger, healthier individuals, who provide less of a financial drag on the system and make sure sicker, older individuals can receive affordable coverage.

More than a quarter of Americans in the 19- to 25-year-old range are uninsured, according to the latest census. While they'll be able to purchase coverage through the health insurance exchanges -- and many of them will get substantial subsidies to do so....(edited out the conservative/Koch bashing and speculation)

Doing this would subject them to a yearly individual mandate penalty that starts at $95 or 1 percent of their annual incomes, whichever is higher. In return they'd get no insurance, meaning they'd have to pay through the nose for any medical care they end up needing. The absence of young people's premiums, as well as their resulting unpaid medical bills and debt, would all make it significantly harder for Obama to succeed, which is exactly what Republicans want.

With too few young and healthy people and too many expensive and sick policyholders in the insurance pools, premium costs would begin to trend upward each year, further discouraging healthy people from buying coverage. This pattern could lead to what the the insurance business calls a "death spiral."

Most experts have expressed confidence that younger Americans will opt to get insured, encouraged by federal subsidies and turned off by the alternative: paying something to get nothing.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/10/obamacare-questions_n_4060345.html

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:07 pm

blackduckdog2 wrote:me and my doctor's still good

Well good for you. Hope you don't need to use your Obamacare when you leave your county though because they won't pay for it.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby blackduckdog2 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:17 pm

Indaswamp wrote:

Well good for you. Hope you don't need to use your Obamacare when you leave your county though because they won't pay for it.

I have Group Health.......I've used it outside the county lots of times (in conjunction with co-op hospitals, of which there are many) Nothing's changing. Can you tell me how you have specifically been negatively impacted?
"We have met the enemy, and he is us."
Walt Kelly, via Slow's avatar. Look it up
blackduckdog2
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:20 pm

blackduckdog2 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:

I have Group Health.......I've used it outside the county lots of times (in conjunction with co-op hospitals, of which there are many) Nothing's changing. Can you tell me how you have specifically been negatively impacted?

NOTHINGS CHANGED???? :lol3:

There is no out of network coverage. The networks are now counties, where they use to be statewide.
I'll pm you my personal details, I'm not posting them here.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:53 pm

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby SpinnerMan » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:03 am

blackduckdog2 wrote:hmmm....yeah I guess that's the takeaway here. Or that a young couple signed up for health insurance via the ACA website and came away totally satisfied, after never having been satisfied with what they could manage before. Anything to fit the narrative, I guess

Millions of losers and a few winners here and there. That is the perfect description of every liberal policy.

And the focus by the loyal followers on the handful of people that may have been helped and a total disregard for the millions harmed is why they get more than a handful of votes in any election.

Nobody ever said that a few people would not benefit at the expense of millions. OK, nobody opposed to Obamacare. As the NBC link shows, even the Obama administration knew, millions would be harmed in the process. They just retain the fantasy of every control-freak central planner that has ever existed that their disruption of the lives of millions can still lead to a net positive that and a total lack of compassion for those harmed by their policies while they feign compassion for the few they help.

Indaswamp wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:But I will be happy to conceed that Obama and his administration are too Image stupid to be liars.

Of course, the evil Republicans will refuse to help them fix the idiotic law they rammed through in a highly dubious way even after a Republican won in Massachusetts with a key part of his campaign being to stop this law.

Yup! But I will not be as charitable as you spinnerman, he Image lied about it and he knew it was a lie when he said it. One in a LONG line of intentional lies from this president. Personally, I firmly believe that this intentional fustercluck is a stepping stone to single payor.

Lie or stupid. How can you tell with these idiots? And just like Elizabeth Warren, whether she lied, a little, or was just ignorant of reality, they don't care as long as they tell them what they want to here.

Obama said you can keep what you have if you want so they tell us we are liars when we tell them it will not work that way.

Obama knows or should have known if he gave a damn that he was not speaking the truth. Hey, I know Bob he got helped, so who cares about those millions losing coverage. Obama, Obama, Obama :bow: :bow: :bow: And when that love fades, they never give up their hatred of the enemy, there fellow Americans they describe as terrorist, racists, hate-mongers, or whatever term gives them the emotional boost they need to fight through the defense of their pathetic policies and pathetic politicians.

They will never question this because it will require them to question their core religious belief, which is the big central planner government desired by all control-freaks that don't trust their fellow Americans.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Previous

Return to Controversial Issues Forum